Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
wtfamidoinghere
lady door
Pronouns: she/her

mez29 wrote:Let's be honest, a joint liveshows only policy would solve all our problems. Everyone would be happy (except maybe 333 soz)
I would be seriously upset and that just made me reevaluate my outlook on life, can't be healthy.
That was a really nice ls from Phil, time passed so quickly!

And i can't believe we'll actually get a pokemon SERIES
Just sad that Dan's new clothes will probs take a few days(?) to ship, so either we'll have to wait a while for the next pokemon video or he won't be wearing it in the next one, i don't want to wait :wahh:

[offtopic]Pokemon go is so cool, if i'd had that in school, my grades would have been at least 50% worse
I'm team instinct and i haven't found a gym held by my team yet. I saw one once, but it was taken by the blue team before i got there. And i'm too new and weak to fight a gym and when i tried anyway, either my phone crashed or the servers. Why did i do this to myself?[/offtopic]
blueapple_x
flower crown

karma_yeah wrote:Looks like Pokemon Go and Phil's liveshow have pushed the leak about their second book off social media from what I can tell (mostly Pokemon).
What do you mean by this? Pokemon Go released info about their second book?

Oh wait, do you mean it's distracted people from talking about their second book? Sorry I misunderstood :lol:
bluewho
truth bomb

bedhead91 wrote:
Ticia wrote:And today, in DANYUL NO, STOP, his new reblogs on Tumblr:

That first one. I'm deeply traumatized. Probably not as traumatized as Winston though because she's afraid of fish. P.S. I'm sorry Winston.
taetaewl wrote:So. Have any of you guys checked out Dan's tumblr as of resonantly? Maybe you guys wanna do that, like now?
I feel like this boy is desperate to tell the world something...

Edit: ...He hasn't been hacked, has he? lol :shock: :lol:
Also:

add this to the list of Dan (indirectly) referencing furries

Loved the YouTube react video! This girl Carly is so funny, I think she might even beat Dan for inappropriate-comments-per-minute in her Channing Tatum interview :lol:
Last edited by bluewho on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aralik
sad dimple

blueapple_x wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:Looks like Pokemon Go and Phil's liveshow have pushed the leak about their second book off social media from what I can tell (mostly Pokemon).
What do you mean by this? Pokemon Go released info about their second book?

Oh wait, do you mean it's distracted people from talking about their second book? Sorry I misunderstood :lol:
haha at first i was also like "wut?!" :lol:
i mean we got 3 videos this week guys! "three" in writing, III in roman numerals! on top of which 2 liveshows, and new australia tour dates, and second book leak, and younow policy changes. this week was a wild ride in deppyland. so yeah i wonder when they will address the second book leak.
ugh.
Lain
eclipse shirt

I was checking Dan's likes on Twitter and saw:
Then I had to check out that guy's Twitter because I wasn't sure who he was, and found:
:gg:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Just watched the latest YTR: First off, Carly was particularly witty - and relentless :) vis a vis Channing Tatum - who btw is a good guy irl.

Anyway, I agree that this YTR was better than the first one, mostly if not solely because of Carly. D&P were the best YouTubers on the panel, but as before, I'm generally not a fan of the concept or interested in (most) YouTubers' (excepting D&P oc, and a few others) reactions or their opinions per se - I'm immune to their "influence [peddling.]" Did love the sweater paws connected to the potato sack - I wonder how many shirt changes D&P brought with them...
Last edited by uglyamerican on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daphenaxa
blobfish

awww he will talk to younow to ask for a joined subscription for Dan and him. How kiiiiiiind of him. What a sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :thumb:
Do they have profit-sharing plan with younow or something? why do they absolutely want to stay with this shitty service anyway? i understand they get paid but they would be paid elsewhere too. Are they really unbothered that every one of their output is now becoming for-pay?
If those younow bastards begin striking vyou1, phanshows or illmakeuhowell with copyright and I can't watch Dan's liveshow, I am done with them. I'll have more time to actually try to do something w my life.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
ironic
lady door

blueapple_x wrote:
The topic is interesting and Carly seems great, but all of the reactions were really boring and predictable. Though idk what I expected.

Happy to see that phanshows posted the ls, off to watch it now!

ETA: From other things, I see more and more people on tumblr talking about leaving the phandom and detaching themselves from D&P because of how their content looks like these days, and it's a bit sad.
Last edited by ironic on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Lain wrote:I was checking Dan's likes on Twitter and saw:
Then I had to check out that guy's Twitter because I wasn't sure who he was, and found:
:gg:
Saw that post going around on Tumblr, have to admit it made me laugh. :lol:
Though clearly he doesn't get how much Phil Dan really is, to even be suggesting that. ;)
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I have to say this is one of the nicest write-up about
http://celebmix.com/youtubers-week-dani ... azingphil/
blueapple_x
flower crown

daphenaxa wrote:awww he will talk to younow to ask for a joined subscription for Dan and him. How kiiiiiiind of him. What a sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :thumb:
Do they have profit-sharing plan with younow or something? why do they absolutely want to stay with this shitty service anyway? i understand they get paid but they would be paid elsewhere too. Are they really unbothered that every one of their output is now becoming for-pay?
If those younow bastards begin striking vyou1, phanshows or illmakeuhowell with copyright and I can't watch Dan's liveshow, I am done with them. I'll have more time to actually try to do something w my life.
Lol I assume you were being sarcastic with the first part there.

Yeah, I mean...maybe I should be more grateful than I am of the fact that Phil is willing to ask younow to make him and Dan a joint subscription (and I am happy he's at least showing some concern)....but the whole reason people are upset is because now you have to pay to rewatch. Making them a joint subscription helps but it doesn't change the fact that younow is still charging for shitty quality liveshow replays.
majitzu
angel bean

This is a HD quality of Phil's liveshow, enjoy!

http://massonatimpala.tumblr.com/post/1 ... 2871198925
SquishPhan
capita£ester

sweetmm wrote:I have to say this is one of the nicest write-up about
http://celebmix.com/youtubers-week-dani ... azingphil/
That was a really nice article, and I feel like they captured pretty well why they have such a dedicated phandom.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

dans inability to just be a casual fan of something makes my autistic spectrum heart feel so happy and comforted
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
bear
hobbit hair

Awww what a cute react video! I'm glad they made them react to something semi-deep, that was a nice choice.

*checks dan's tumblr*i don't see why everyone is frea- oH MY GOD DAN wtf are you okay?
beth193
first-time poster

Delurking after forever (actual years I think, I remember the single digit threads from the other place) because I just got tickets to Melbourne tatinof and as a 30 year old have absolutely zero people in my real life I can share my excitement with haha. Has anyone gone by themselves? I was tempted to get two tickets just in case I could drag someone along with me on the day, but they're so expensive I bit the bullet and decided to just go alone... It'll still be fun, I've watched them both since about 2011 so I feel weirdly invested in them (at least I know you guys understand that :D).

Glad to finally post something, thanks everyone for entertaining me for so long
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

bear wrote: *checks dan's tumblr*i don't see why everyone is frea- oH MY GOD DAN wtf are you okay?
That was literally my reaction
I almost sent him a few messages asking that.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

daphenaxa wrote:awww he will talk to younow to ask for a joined subscription for Dan and him. How kiiiiiiind of him. What a sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :thumb:
Can I ask, where are these claims of copyright claims on live shows coming from?? Is it just a fear people have or are people actually getting them?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
blueapple_x
flower crown

Does anyone know what time Rosanna typically uploads her vids? I know it's going up Tuesday so I wonder if it'll be before, during, or after Dan's liveshow.

@beth193 I went by myself and it was fine! I mean, ngl it probably would've been more fun to share the experience with someone who is as invested in D+P, but I preferred/chose to go alone rather than to drag someone with me who I knew would judge me (and them) the whole time lol.
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

beth193 wrote:Delurking after forever (actual years I think, I remember the single digit threads from the other place) because I just got tickets to Melbourne tatinof and as a 30 year old have absolutely zero people in my real life I can share my excitement with haha. Has anyone gone by themselves? I was tempted to get two tickets just in case I could drag someone along with me on the day, but they're so expensive I bit the bullet and decided to just go alone... It'll still be fun, I've watched them both since about 2011 so I feel weirdly invested in them (at least I know you guys understand that :D).

i was there as soon as phil tweeted the link out and VIP weren't available ONE MINUTE afterward wtf how the hell
i refreshed the page for normal tickets and orchestra popped up, then refreshed again after 20 sec out of curiosity and the best available were lounge seats. tour's going well, guys!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

hiddenwombat wrote:
beth193 wrote:Delurking after forever (actual years I think, I remember the single digit threads from the other place) because I just got tickets to Melbourne tatinof and as a 30 year old have absolutely zero people in my real life I can share my excitement with haha. Has anyone gone by themselves? I was tempted to get two tickets just in case I could drag someone along with me on the day, but they're so expensive I bit the bullet and decided to just go alone... It'll still be fun, I've watched them both since about 2011 so I feel weirdly invested in them (at least I know you guys understand that :D).

i was there as soon as phil tweeted the link out and VIP weren't available ONE MINUTE afterward wtf how the hell
i refreshed the page for normal tickets and orchestra popped up, then refreshed again after 20 sec out of curiosity and the best available were lounge seats. tour's going well, guys!
I did almost the same thing, lol (and got the same results ofc). I'm more curious about shows like Adelaide and Perth, because the first Adelaide show took a little while to sell out completely, and the Perth one never did sell out iirc. But it's a very impressive turnout regardless. Well done, .
Winston
flower crown

bedhead91 wrote:

That first one. I'm deeply traumatized. Probably not as traumatized as Winston though because she's afraid of fish. P.S. I'm sorry Winston.
Yeah, thanks! Where was my TW!!?? :lol: :shock: Makes my skin crawl tbh. I don't even like little goldfish, let alone one the size of a man, so that he can *hug* it. Because that is what he is doing right? Just an innocent naked hug... or maybe he was jusr carrying it and fell down....? UGH Why Dan Why!?

The ls was eh. He looked good, and talked...but nothing really to write home about. I was surprised he did talk about the younow thing, even if he didn't say much about it. I hope they can do something like he suggested. Or at least keep it so everyone is on a level playing field. Fingers crossed. I did laugh when he talked about the coffee table wrapped in bubble wrap. I don't know why that of all things stuck out, but it did.

I liked this React better than the last one. I really don't like that one couple though, will they be in all of deppy's reacts? (I don't know who they are, the thin dark haired woman and the loud man with facial hair...who are they? Are they popular?) Something about them rubs me the wrong way. I was glad the fine bros cut her off when she was talking about how inspirational bla bla bla...it sounded so fake to me. :roll: (sorry if anyone LOVES them, I don't see it. To each their own I guess )

DAN IN COSPLAY IS (will be) MY FAVORITE! I can not wait to see him in this outfit! I may pass out..... seriously though, I love the pants and the gloves. For some reason the gloves my put me over the edge. ;)
actions speak louder than words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Winston wrote:The ls was eh. He looked good, and talked...but nothing really to write home about. I was surprised he did talk about the younow thing, even if he didn't say much about it. I hope they can do something like he suggested. Or at least keep it so everyone is on a level playing field. Fingers crossed. I did laugh when he talked about the coffee table wrapped in bubble wrap. I don't know why that of all things stuck out, but it did.
Accident prone Phil did pluck at my heartstrings. I wonder if they'll actually end up with a new coffee table?
Winston wrote:I liked this React better than the last one. I really don't like that one couple though, will they be in all of deppy's reacts? (I don't know who they are, the thin dark haired woman and the loud man with facial hair...who are they? Are they popular?) Something about them rubs me the wrong way. I was glad the fine bros cut her off when she was talking about how inspirational bla bla bla...it sounded so fake to me. :roll: (sorry if anyone LOVES them, I don't see it. To each their own I guess )
Also liked this react better than last week but still didn't love it? I loved the message behind it, but in terms of rewatchable content, I hope in the three remaining episodes we get something that evokes strong reaction from them. (Either humor, or fear, or just - something.)

Oh, and the couple are Shay Carl and his wife Colette. They're family vloggers but that's almost incidental at this point, their real status comes from having owned and then sold Maker Studios (the network Pewdiepie is under) to Disney and getting filthy fucking rich from it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote:
Winston wrote:I liked this React better than the last one. I really don't like that one couple though, will they be in all of deppy's reacts? (I don't know who they are, the thin dark haired woman and the loud man with facial hair...who are they? Are they popular?) Something about them rubs me the wrong way. I was glad the fine bros cut her off when she was talking about how inspirational bla bla bla...it sounded so fake to me. :roll: (sorry if anyone LOVES them, I don't see it. To each their own I guess )
Also liked this react better than last week but still didn't love it? I loved the message behind it, but in terms of rewatchable content, I hope in the three remaining episodes we get something that evokes strong reaction from them. (Either humor, or fear, or just - something.)

Oh, and the couple are Shay Carl and his wife Colette. They're family vloggers but that's almost incidental at this point, their real status comes from having owned and then sold Maker Studios (the network Pewdiepie is under) to Disney and getting filthy fucking rich from it.
Also exploiting their five children and dragging them around like rag dolls, while kinda pushing a Mormon agenda but hiding it really well to stay mainstream friendly. I can't stand them tbh. I hope they won't be in the next React with Deppy, I have reached my limit for the year.

At least Fine Bros. didn't have me looking at Emma's highlighter pen hair again.

Dan's Tumblr is truly an adventure of weird shit sometimes, but I really need both of them to change their themes. Though I appreciate that attractive 2012(?) pic of Dan, it's very outdated and kinda broken. Phil's is even worse as it's just the standard theme with (again) outdated pics/gifs. Why don't they change it? ;_; They even have enough money to hire someone to make them something decent if they don't wanna do it themselves or go theme hunting for something nice that's free.

Dan even knows it's bad because he's said he needed to change it for like 2+ years now yet it's still this way smh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
swofro
angel bean

Hi, I finally am able to touch down in deppy's world after a tiring irl day. I haven't watch Phil's ls due to lack of time and it doesn't sound as ground breaking as last week and I actually prefer recaps as vyou1 makes. Is there any rec to anyone who mades those kind of videos too for the ls?

Youtuber reacts
I love the topic given to them because I think it provides exposure to something that is not well known in society in general. I like Dan's short and precise comment but I still don't like the fact that they have limited screen time. :( FineBros, pls release a compilation of Deppy footage you never use because damn, that's gonna bring you lots and lots of views.

For other youtubers on that react episode, I like that Oli White is subjected to a topic that he needs to comment on for once. Good for him. I also don't like the Shay guy because he is being ott on that episode, it looks so fake(?) and ruin the episode, at least for me.

Dan's cosplay
I love the dedication of wanting to portray accurate cosplay from Dan. but really, if I was Dan, I don't think I will wear that in crowds, it attracts attentions. He is very brave. Lol.

Younow situation although it is maybe too late for this opinion.
Younow is totally being a douche to the fans. But I kinda understand why Deppy want to stay on the platform. I remember Dan said in one of those ls about 'why younow?' and it is because they like the way it works (which includes the income they get).

I also appreciate that Phil is paying attention to the issue and at least will try to sort some stuff out instead of ing it. But yeah, what a dickhead move, Younow.

Celebmix article
I love the article, it is well written and written from an angle that is NOT "quick, let's think of something shady of the possible reason why these two dudes have fans" which I appreciate a lot.

The description of Phandom in that article is nice and I totally relate that I can't pinpoint why I am so dedicated to Deppy.

At the end of the article, they linked to other stuff they have written about Deppy and I totally take the 'Which Dan and Phil outfit are you?' quiz and I got black shirt and fox jumper. Wby?
Love is forever