Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blueapple_x
flower crown

"If a trainer pulls it off...then I'm ready to pull it off"

In regards to leggings. This can be taken in different ways lol.
bee
phabergé

LurkingTrash wrote:
Lain wrote:Also I kind of want to bury my face in Rosanna's hair and inhale.
achika wrote:I I think Rosanna toned down the Umbridge a bit which was a nice change
achika wrote: and I appreciated all their awkward jokes that went right over her head (ha! see what I did there!).
You two made me laugh way too much, thanks guys

Also, I'm in a place where I have awful internet so I appreciate all of you guys comments about the liveshow I can't watch (I'm a weirdo that likes spoilers) so please bring more
here is sweaty Dan for you
hunnyftw
phabergé

SquishPhan wrote:Have to admit, I’m tuning out right now, the whole Taylor and Kanye drama is just ugh.
Are you joking? Maybe I'm a bad person but I love celebrity drama and I agree with Dan that it serves as a great distraction from my own life while simultaneously managing to make me rethink my worldview and such from time to time. Anyway I was DYING waiting for him to finally give us his opinion on it (and omg was he hyping it for 20 bloody minutes) and in a sense he did deliver. I mean, by proposing that Taylor agreed to some stuff on the phone because she felt uncomfortable he presented a theory that I hadn't considered at all before and one that I certainly hadn't expected out of him. And he did ever so slightly hint that the video might be a little bit problematic.
Is this whole paragraph offtopic? I don't feel it was but sorry if I'm wrong.

Anyway I feel he's much more energetic and interesting than last week. I guess these eight pills a day do pay off ;)

The bomber jacket situation made me awww but I can't say I was surprised that they both wanted it. And I agree with you, cora. I'm starting to hate the ae word and it's 99.9% Dan's fault for overusing the fuck out of it.
smugpug
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

This is a trash post but his hair is SO GOOD in this liveshow.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

bee wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:
Lain wrote:Also I kind of want to bury my face in Rosanna's hair and inhale.
achika wrote:I I think Rosanna toned down the Umbridge a bit which was a nice change
achika wrote: and I appreciated all their awkward jokes that went right over her head (ha! see what I did there!).
You two made me laugh way too much, thanks guys

Also, I'm in a place where I have awful internet so I appreciate all of you guys comments about the liveshow I can't watch (I'm a weirdo that likes spoilers) so please bring more
here is sweaty Dan for you
Thanks bee
Can't believe I'm seeing his forehead and missing hobbit hair, my favorite hair of his.
Lain
eclipse shirt

bee wrote: here is sweaty Dan for you
More sweaty Dan:
ostiral
sofa crease

some gifs.
ImageImage
Nice.

Good liveshow. I liked the appointment with doctor story.
Last edited by ostiral on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Of course Dan and Phil own the same jacket, just in different colors.

Yeah seems like we will be getting a new Undertale video soon.

I hope we will get a bloopers vid as well from the baking video, I’m here for some bants.

Well that was an outspoken opinion on that anime.

Also no Dan she cannot actually be your and Phil’s child, that’s not how it works. :lol: ;)

Got to be honest, that Pizza did not sound good to me.

His hair! So cute.

Dan didn’t want to share his internet data with one of the kids.

Another Dan video idea, that I doubt will ever get made.
stella
living flop

That was a cute ls, not much to say tbh! I greatly appreciated that sweaty semi-quiff though.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

ostiral wrote:some gifs.
ImageImage
Nice.

Good liveshow. I liked the appointment with doctor story.

Hobbit hair!! Ugh how can he look so good.

"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

"Our director says we have to not make our show too long because people get bored if it's 9 hours.........[END OF SHOW]"

Well that was...expertly executed.
corn flakes
moon room

Need to rewatch it as I lost the first 15min but I loved it
I also liked his opinion on the taylor drama, as I wasn't even aware of it, and at the beginnig it seemed to me he was talking also about the youtube world.
The doctor story and the twins jacket.
Last edited by corn flakes on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
fakelights
living flop

That was a funny liveshow, I enjoyed it a lot yay

Some moments I liked about it:

- wasn't expecting him to be more on Taylor's side and thinking it on a different point of view, but hey! I'm nicely surprised :thumb:
- him at the doctor trying to avoid saying he's a youtuber, hilarious!
- I wanted to hear the rant about meme hipsters mehh
- hair pushed back = yes
- the story about the kids on the pokémon video watching other youtubers and wanting to use his internet data was amazing

The video with Rosanna was ok after the second watch. After experiencing the full cringiness on the first watch, the second felt a lot better lol. Dan did try too hard, especially with the whisk thing that I can't stand anymore please stop argh! But in general it was a lot better than what I was imagining it would be.
Last edited by fakelights on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crash[]
butt chair

I'll admit, all I got from this liveshow is that Dan and Phil have matching jackets (because of course they do, gross) and Dan pronounces Code Geass as "Code Gas".

I don't regret anything that lead me to this point.

Also minor lol at the people who were anticipating Dan shading Cat for taking Taylor's side. The situation is so trivial y'all, relax.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

i'm late for an appointment so i'm gonna be brief but good liveshow, surprised he didn't talk about the younow drama, good kanye/taylor opinion i agree and i agree that's a fun stupid distraction from important stuff happening in the world, SO FUCKING EXCITED ABOUT THEM WATCHING MY FAVORITE ANIME EVER (code geass) i want opinions on that or i'm gonna be disappointed (also why the fuck did he pronounce it code gas lol it took me a moment to guess what he was talking about) and of course they know each other pass codes how is that even a question
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
fancy_nancy
phabergé

Im probably going to watch that again if phanshows uploads it bc i was watching on my phone and mobile younow is even worse, ugh, but how freakin cute did he look?! he should keep his hair curly forever and now i want to see them in matching jackets
aralik
sad dimple

my plain old thrash heart, it was a good live show
i dunno how dan does it but his liveshows go by so quickly for me and i find myself nodding vigorously at a lot of the things he talks about (especially opinions and world views). i really enjoyed it despite him still being sick and it being super hot in london.
i lolled at his story with the doctor and his job, i can totally see him digging himself deeper as the doc asked more and more questions. and at how he didn't wanna share internet with the kid in the video. this part was especially super sassy and i totally understand how taken aback he was when he was playing pokemon go and this one guy came from a bush at him to talk about the game. this is literally the one reason why i don't play the game too often because i play on my own and don't wanna make conversations or even be seen by other people who are playing it (also i only ever see people, mostly guys, in their 20s playing it but that can be my selective perception)
looking very much forward to the new gaming vids and his own video. he didn't give any clue as to what it's about, so i'm super curious!

here's my bingo list:
-baking vid
-pokemon go video on dapg
-pokemon go in general
-doctor visit / illness
-heat / weather
-new dinof video
-australia tour very brief mention
-younow
-new book???
- new dagp video (not pokemon go) yay undertale!
-new pokemon go video after dinof video?
-stuff he wants to watch brief anime talk
-new music these days very brief, radiohead as last week
-bonus appearance by phil or talking about phil topman jacket
-at the end, i’m hungry
-at the end breathing exercises / positive messages
ugh.
chloek88
spork

wow i feel like dan's exhaustion and illness definitely made him a little more uninhibited with what he talked about today--i feel like he was so honest!

things we learned: he and phil know eachother's passcodes
-he would consider wearing nailpolish
-the way he just screamed NO in response to 'snapchat' was hilarious, imo. i feel like he's always kind of skirted around the topic of it/avoided saying he doesn't like it. no pussyfooting around that opinion today though!
-he doesn't like to tell people irl that he's a youtuber (i can see why, since i'm sure it often involves skepticism and a lot of explaining. but, this is still an interesting nugget of information about him..)
-UGH I KNEW IT I HAD SUCH A SUSPICION THAT HE HAD BEEN JOGGING. that filthy little liar, their 'never leaving the house' branding is Such Bullshit holy crap not only have they been touring the world but they literally were regularly running before (probably both) tatinof(s) to get in shape. like, they were actively working out. that would make for quality anecdotes i am sure, but of course they stayed lips-zipped about it bc it would ruin their 'lol exercise what's that i can't even walk across a park the only places i know are couch and bed' nonsense. (i sound way more bitter than i actually am about this i just wish they weren't so damn persona-reliant)

but i loved that liveshow. his hair pushed back takes my breath away. i appreciated his opinion on the kimye crap and was interested in the little that he said about art and music and creators. he seemed quite genuine today. also, kudos to him for pulling it together during the pokemon go video! i never would have guessed that he was feeling so horrible and ill that day.
fancybum
senpai

Good liveshow! I don't care about the Taylor/Kimye drama (because idgaf about any of the involved parties, they all seem like rotting garbage), so less would have been more there, but he saved it with his neutral and rational take on the situation.
23:30 Tells people he’s a video editor to avoid mentioning YT, that's really funny to me. I know thegabbieshow has said she tells people she's in 'social media influencing' or something because it's so boring there's usually no real follow-up questions - but if they WERE BACK ON THE RADIO that should be the go-to answer as it's self-explanatory and less embarrassing probs

26:00 Clothes shopping together in Topman I’m dying, he bought a black version of Phil’s bomber jacket for himself just put me out of my misery please

Talking about Nerdy Nummies: “which I watch anyway, it’s just pleasant” “it’s not a personality, like a vlogger with opinions, just something calming and nice, just pleasant baking”
Loooool I’m taking that as a very polite and non-malicious drag. Oh he’s still going, he’s basically calling her a bubbly Disney robot with nothing else going on personality-wise (....um but in a nice way...). So I take it (if he wasn't lying and he does actually watch sometimes voluntarily) that he just watches her stuff to shut off his mind and not have to think. I guess that's not an insult but it's still hilarious to me (not a fan).

“Rosanna looks like your & Phil’s child”
“Could be”

36:20 “I’m ready to pull it off”
who needs context

39:25 I'm going to need a vine of this immediately, Dan reacting to the small data-hungry child telling him he 'watches him sometimes': 'sometimes’ bitch?
Best moment of my life, sassy Dan levelled up right before our eyes

40ish: "I’m on team things aren’t black and white. Problem with society/politics/opinions/etc is that people want to pick sides when both sides have positives/negatives and are complicated. The answer should be sitting in the middle and seeing both sides, not about ignoring faults and taking teams, about forgiving mistakes and learning from them so we can achieve things. Lol that’s not going to happen because everyone is an idiot."
Basically, yup.
Also really enjoyed the ongoing struggle with his hair and him finally just giving up the adjustments and pushing it out of his face.

Honestly I was waiting for ANY mention of the air conditioner that Phil apparently hogs all to himself while leaving Dan to sweat to death alone in his room, but no such luck..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
starlight-still
truth bomb

Half of me felt terrible watching and was like "you sweet and sweaty child, get in the bed rn please"...the other part appreciates that getting back into his routine is probably helping him feel better.

I enjoyed the fedora guy in the bush and doctor stories Can't believe he says he's a "video editor." I want more YouTuber Dan in the wild stories

His hair pushed back and slightly curling

And Undertale soon!

(yeah, Giordano's shout out, not as good as the orgasmic Bostonian apparently but we'll take it :thumb:)
fancybum wrote:
Talking about Nerdy Nummies:“which I watch anyway, it’s just pleasant” “it’s not a personality, like a vlogger with opinions, just something calming and nice, just pleasant baking”
Loooool I’m taking that as a very polite and non-malicious drag. Oh he’s still going, he’s basically calling her a bubbly Disney robot with nothing else going on personality-wise (....um but in a nice way...). So I take it (if he wasn't lying and he does actually watch sometimes voluntarily) that he just watches her stuff to shut off his mind and not have to think. I guess that's not an insult but it's still hilarious to me (not a fan).
Or...maybe the Pho/Rhil shippers are onto something? Jealous much, Daniel? :wink:
Last edited by starlight-still on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Sweaty ill Dan with his hair pushed back?

Loved it.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

hunnyftw
phabergé

chloek88 wrote:-UGH I KNEW IT I HAD SUCH A SUSPICION THAT HE HAD BEEN JOGGING. that filthy little liar, their 'never leaving the house' branding is Such Bullshit holy crap not only have they been touring the world but they literally were regularly running before (probably both) tatinof(s) to get in shape. like, they were actively working out. that would make for quality anecdotes i am sure, but of course they stayed lips-zipped about it bc it would ruin their 'lol exercise what's that i can't even walk across a park the only places i know are couch and bed' nonsense. (i sound way more bitter than i actually am about this i just wish they weren't so damn persona-reliant)
Huh? I took it that he meant they went jogging once or twice at the start of the year and we got an instagram post out of it and then they stopped. I totally didn't get "we were running regularly for a considerable period of time" and I don't think I missed anything because that part of the ls wasn't too laggy for me...
chloek88 wrote:but i loved that liveshow. his hair pushed back takes my breath away.
No objections here, it takes my breath away as well. Partly out of jealousy because I would love to have as much hair as he does and for it to be as thick as his. He's literally #hairgoals for me :lol:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

hunnyftw wrote:
chloek88 wrote:-UGH I KNEW IT I HAD SUCH A SUSPICION THAT HE HAD BEEN JOGGING. that filthy little liar, their 'never leaving the house' branding is Such Bullshit holy crap not only have they been touring the world but they literally were regularly running before (probably both) tatinof(s) to get in shape. like, they were actively working out. that would make for quality anecdotes i am sure, but of course they stayed lips-zipped about it bc it would ruin their 'lol exercise what's that i can't even walk across a park the only places i know are couch and bed' nonsense. (i sound way more bitter than i actually am about this i just wish they weren't so damn persona-reliant)
Huh? I took it that he meant they went jogging once or twice at the start of the year and we got an instagram post out of it and then they stopped. I totally didn't get "we were running regularly for a considerable period of time" and I don't think I missed anything because that part of the ls wasn't too laggy for me...
Yeah the jogging leggings are from when him (& Phil ofc) took up jogging for a week in January 2015. There's no way they have continued doing it since haha!

I was out tonight (how relatable) so missed the majority of the liveshow but caught him looking hot, sweaty, hair pushed back and over all fucking gorgeous at the end. Him calling that child out for wanting to tether to his phone was so funny and I'm all here for that Dan. He was hilarious from what I saw. Definitely want to watch the whole thing back and hear about his trip to the GP and his medications etc! I love it when Dan is like that, proper funny!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Philena
blobfish

He was really funny tonight, yet still honest and fun! Good ls
Last edited by Philena on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chloek88
spork

fancybum wrote: Honestly I was waiting for ANY mention of the air conditioner that Phil apparently hogs all to himself while leaving Dan to sweat to death alone in his room, but no such luck..
Well, Phil did say in his last liveshow that the tube that connects the aircon to some other part had disappeared, so he went and bought a new one but bought the wrong one, so his AC has been nonfunctioning because of that. So I think they've probably both been uncomfortably warm.
hunnyftw wrote: Huh? I took it that he meant they went jogging once or twice at the start of the year and we got an instagram post out of it and then they stopped. I totally didn't get "we were running regularly for a considerable period of time" and I don't think I missed anything because that part of the ls wasn't too laggy for me...
Nah, he mentioned that he and Phil had had to jog in prep before tatinof otherwise they were worried they'd die during their stage show every night bc of all the running around stage, but now that they've been in the swing of the show they've stopped jogging. (At least I'm pretty certain he said that? I guess I'll find out when it's posted to YouTube and I can rewatch)