Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
aralik
sad dimple

chloek88 wrote:
hunnyftw wrote: Huh? I took it that he meant they went jogging once or twice at the start of the year and we got an instagram post out of it and then they stopped. I totally didn't get "we were running regularly for a considerable period of time" and I don't think I missed anything because that part of the ls wasn't too laggy for me...
Nah, he mentioned that he and Phil had had to jog in prep before tatinof otherwise they were worried they'd die during their stage show every night bc of all the running around stage, but now that they've been in the swing of the show they've stopped jogging. (At least I'm pretty certain he said that? I guess I'll find out when it's posted to YouTube and I can rewatch)
yup that's what he said but he didn't mention how regularly they actually went out to jog in preparation of the tour. knowing them i'd still guess they went running like once a month :lol:
ugh.
hunnyftw
phabergé

Yeah yeah yeah I know, I heard the whole part about them being afraid before tatinof etc etc but somehow what I gathered from all of it was that they suddenly got afraid at the start of the year, went jogging a couple of times and then stopped. I wonder which one of us heard him right and interpreted it better. We've got ourselves a little ls mystery ;)

Hey, it's as good a reason as any to rewatch it on phanshows provided they upload it :D
danphil333
hobbit hair

dan at the beginning and throughout the whole ls:
my audience you are so stupid you will literally watch me drink water for an hour. (i know.. how sarcastic and sassy right?)
spents one hour making sex noises drinking water and having multiple orgasms about food. (the mature content i am here for)
20pure minutes of him moaning(who will make the video?) and mocking his fans
suddenly remembers who is kanye (after last weeks selective amnesia)
also remembers to mention the 415 dinof videos all planned and ready (i totally believe him. thats trust right there )
talking about nothing and fishing for compliments as usual. ( :roll: :roll:)
exclusively for the kids and teens only on younow for 5$.

dan at the end of the ls:
let me remind you that you are all special and so smart and i appreciate you and i respect you and love you. PLEASE BELIEVE ME buy my 46 books and 52 documentaries

me : vomits

he has a point though. how do you explain that as your job to a stranger?
:rage: :rage: ahhhh its good to be back :rage: :rage:

please help, i have a question..
whats noumonia? i blame my poor english
blueapple_x
flower crown

danphil333 wrote:please help, i have a question..
*Pneumonia. To put it simply, it's a lung infection.

I'm just hoping someone uploads the liveshow because I kinda skipped the first half due to the extreme lag.

And how surprising is it that Dan never mentioned the younow mess but Phil did! :o I hope he gets back to us about that in his next liveshow
Last edited by blueapple_x on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aralik
sad dimple

danphil333 wrote: please help, i have a question..
quality commentary from danphil333 as usual

it's pneumonia, a serious kind of lung inflammation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia
ugh.
danphil333
hobbit hair

i know..
it sounds so funny in english
nou..monia (where did the "p" go)
ok, ok, its just hilarious to me, sorry
corn flakes
moon room

Till phanshows found this even if the first minute is muted and there is lag:
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
eevee
emo goose

danphil333 wrote:suddenly remembers who is kanye (after last weeks selective amnesia)
selective anmesia love it

I couldn't catch the live show but I very much am looking forward to watching it! They have each others' passwords?? Got the same jacket??? I am going back to the trash can now....

edit: thanks for the link corn flakes im gonna watch it now!!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I completley forgot about the stupid ls until the end of it. So i hope someone posts it on YT. And of course it sounds like it was a good one. I can't wait to see sweaty hobbit hair off the face Dan. I couldn't see the screen when i watched it...i was outside and it is really sunny, so all I could do was hear it. :(

The baking vid was ok. Not my fave but will probably rewatch at some point. One thing though, when ever Dan licks his finger in any of the baking vids or whenever he does in general I always feel...uncomfortable? And I saw a gif of him getting the glaze on his finger and licking it off. I think I figured out what it is that puts me off....it is almost like he is coming or like actually aroused by it.....sorry. :shock: I know that's his thing to make sex noises, but the movement seems unintentional. i find it off putting. He also like sucks it and puts it too far into his mouth, when he could just lick it. I donno, don't mind me being weird. He puts just his whole body into it he moves a certain way and closes his eyes. Cringey to the max. The funny thing is I prefer Dan in looks to Phil, so I donno... :gg: I didn't mind/ i liked when he got it on the back of his hand but that is a whole other thing alltogether.
actions speak louder than words
phoenixfeather
dank meme

K so
I'd like to preface this by saying that when Dan pushed his hair back, my jaw literally dropped because he was sweaty and sick but ended up looking absolutely gorgeous and idgi. ***Unpopular opinion*** but I don't find Dan and Phil terribly attractive (just not my type) (except for a few brief months in 2013 and 2010 respectively) but I think I may have turned into Dan trash? Help?!

Okay so what really caught my attention this LS was Pretty Boy Howell's take on how Taylor Swift sounded insincere and may have felt a bit reluctant about the song but was backed into a corner and was trying to seem like a good sport. When I watched that video, I had the complete opposite reading from her voice and it seemed like she was genuinely excited (coughcoughforthefreepublicitycoughcough). I'm really trying to stay unbiased because I never liked her after the whole copyrighting/Spotify/writing Bad Blood to start drama with Katy Perry thing, but I talked to other people and at least among my social circle, I'm not alone in missing the part where she sounds insincere. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it seemed like Dan was projecting his own feelings, maybe from a similar situation, and it got me thinking. How many times has he been in the boat where he's been backed into going along with something (esp. Phan related) just because he didn't feel like he had a choice? The one cringey Cory in the House interview comes to mind, along with all the attention he got on the Phil Trash #1 panel from '15 VidCon. I feel like it may be a conclusion he went to because he's had that situation in his own life.

I'm pretty sure I'm overanalyzing and I'm gonna stop to go rewatch the end of the ls so I can drool a little more
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

That bird poo incident was totally the bird Phil poked off the balcony coming back for revenge

I've just watched the first part of the live show and laughed for about 5 minutes purely at the way he yelped "no!" at the snapchat question
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blueapple_x wrote:
I'm just hoping someone uploads the liveshow because I kinda skipped the first half due to the extreme lag
Phanshows says it'll be up in an hour, she's got something that lets get get replays apparently.

I just watched the beginning bit and I totally got his antibiotics correct (the long name he pronounces very well is what we in the medical profession call penicillin v as we cannot pronounce that long word haha). Shame he didn't mentioned the side effect black hairy tongue, as that's always my favourite one.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Lain
eclipse shirt

Winston wrote:One thing though, when ever Dan licks his finger in any of the baking vids or whenever he does in general I always feel...uncomfortable? And I saw a gif of him getting the glaze on his finger and licking it off. I think I figured out what it is that puts me off....it is almost like he is coming or like actually aroused by it.....sorry. :shock: I know that's his thing to make sex noises, but the movement seems unintentional. i find it off putting. He also like sucks it and puts it too far into his mouth, when he could just lick it. I donno, don't mind me being weird. He puts just his whole body into it he moves a certain way and closes his eyes.
He does seem to find sensual pleasure in food and scents etc and doesn't seem to mind sharing his reactions with us :lol: . I don't find it uncomfortable (the opposite, actually ), but I understand why others would!
blueapple_x
flower crown

missemma wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
I'm just hoping someone uploads the liveshow because I kinda skipped the first half due to the extreme lag
Phanshows says it'll be up in an hour, she's got something that lets get get replays apparently.

I just watched the beginning bit and I totally got his antibiotics correct (the long name he pronounces very well is what we in the medical profession call penicillin v as we cannot pronounce that long word haha). Shame he didn't mentioned the side effect black hairy tongue, as that's always my favourite one.
Yay! Wait so she's able to see the replays right off younow? Or she just records them as she watches?

It's up now btw.
bluewho
truth bomb

Better late than never - my thoughts on the baking video:
the theme of this review is 'food kink confirmed', 'Dan wants a threesome', and 'oh Dan what are you doing and why'
0:18 why is Dan stroking the table :lol:
0:42 Dan's 2 become 1 sign when they are discussing the gaming channel
1:09 Behind the smile Dan looks terrified of Dolores Umbridge Rosanna :lol:
1:33 I can't believe it took Dan one and a half minutes to make his first inappropriate comment tbh
1:49 poor Phil, don't hit Phil!
2:25 the inevitable whisk jokes begin
2:46 what happened there - clumsy? phan moment? you decide
3:10 poor millionaire Dan has no viable career - s'cuse me a sec I'll go get my violin
3:44 the return of the sexy endscreen dance
4:04 are just smirking at each other and Ro is being third wheeled into the atmosphere :lol:
4:48 Phil can't stop laughing at Dan - adorable
5:38 Dan wants food all over him again :roll: :lol:
6:26 Dan's knowing glance at the camera followed by licking of fingers, Phil knows what's up; 'oh what a shame' :lol:
Threesome reference (?) Dan wants them 'both' to 'pipe it into his mouth', and Phil's face is like what's wrong with this guy :gg:
then Dan licking the icing Phil dropped on his hand while looking at Phil
9:01 Dan making sex faces while eating, see my signature for more information on what this looks like :lol:

Overall I really found the video very funny, I just wish Dolores Umbridge wasn't in it at all - all she did was 3rd wheel.
Missed liveshow because I had to go and help someone with something, so I'm hoping phanshows comes through

A massive thank you to bee for blessing us all with that gift of a screenshot Also to danphil333 for hilarious summary
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

transcribed the bit he said before talking about kimye vs. tswizzle bc i really like/agree with it:

@ 24.59 – “He hasn’t talked about this but people’s interpretation of this song ‘Famous' is that it's about the culture of fame and about the objectivity of humans when they become celebrities, about the depersonification and objectification and worship and culture of celebrity in which Kanye tries to express this metaphor and one of the lines is talking about how he thinks that him and Taylor Swift might still have sex. Now who’s to say how literal Kanye saying that or how metaphorical it is… I mean a whole conversation that you can have another time is people’s intentions with art, whether what they say in songs is, you know, their opinions in real life and how art can be good or bad art at the same time as being good or bad on the spectrum of good and evil, especially when it comes to the video that he made for it but that's not a conversation we're having now...”

I agree with the bolded part in particular - that there is a difference between the two (assuming he thinks there is which i think is what he implies).

also known as autobiographical fallacy if ur lurking, dan.

and also the difference between appreciating/understanding vs justifying in terms of morality etc.

& ofc he stops the conversation when i want him to continue smh y

now back to binge watching stranger things and avoiding all the readings i have to do
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Okay, I really liked the baking vid with Rosanna. Not as good as a classic baking vid, but who was expecting it to be? It's a different format. From all the comments here, I was expecting Rosanna to be a simpery, obnoxious ninny, but she seemed pretty cool. Maybe not the kind of content I would watch regularly, though. And I like her sense of humour. Apaz she was standing on a box, too, so she's even shorter when compared to ! :lol:

Dan whacking Phil in the face was hilarious, and their laughs a few seconds later after the jumpcut are too cute. Yeah, I cringed a little at Dan's whisk comment, but when he's pressed against the cupboard just after, I took that as a dramatic reaction to Phil being allowed to whisk (like, 'I'd better stay out of the line of fire' sort of thing). Also, this was funny.
At the start of Dan's ls, I felt kinda guilty for watching him when he was so sick, but then he pushed his hair up and I had a hard time concentrating on his actual words after that. Seriously. I am such .

P.S. danphil333, you are a gem. :lol:
Cheekyposter
tol bean

I really enjoyed the baking video it wasn't cringe for me and I actually enjoyed the host her channels not for me but I get it.

The liveshow and Dans hair was just plus seeing Phils roar this was a good day to be .

As far as the Taylor and Kanye thing goes I was surprised he didn't take Kanye side but that's prolly because he doesn't jave all the facts.

Imo she's just as bad if not worse then he was when he took her award. Even though I'm a fan of him I'm fair amd objectively speaking she tried and did play EVERYONE.

Told a few too many lies for me and being uncomfortable doesn't excuse everything else she did after the call.

She was calculated and tried to play checkers with the media but Kanye has a wife who knows how to play chess and she got her in checkmate. She's been exposed do like he did take a year off and say sorry to everyone. Suings only gonna make you look worse.
eevee
emo goose

I need to rewatch the liveshow as there were things I wanted to talk about that weren't discussed haha. Like he sounded so "camp" or whatever the British word for that is...like the whole time ahha I was total trash about it.

Hey guys...although I understand that Dan was talking about the Kimye vs Taylor drama, I'd appreciate it if we could keep our own opinions about it to maybe another thread or something...I have strong opinions about it too but it's kinda off topic and is not contributing to the thread about deppy other than spreading negativity imo. I see a lot of people angry about it and being really negative and it's making me sad ): Thanks guys!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
timtam
lady door

Baking video was so awkward at the beginning but once they relaxed a bit it was enjoyable. I laughed at phil making x's on the donuts and god help me I actually laughed at Dan shying away from the whisk...

I'm about to watch Dan's liveshow (phanshows has uploaded!) but he's complaining about how hot it is and yet he's still wearing a jumper. Put on a tshirt jesus Dan. I can't listen to you whinge about the heat in that outfit.
Edit: according to the comments he explains wearing the jumper later on but i still side eye him :lol: a tshirt is just as airy as a jumper if you get the right one.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Enjoyed the video, as always Phil is wonderful when it comes to collaborating with the ladies.

I think Phil mentioned he was going to buy the a/c connection the very next day. Hence why Dan is in sweater as he sleep in that room with a/c and he was only in his hot room for the ls. He did mention he can exhale on Phil as he is not contagious ;)
Aurdie
spork

A little late to the party for Nerdy Nummies...although brief, my favorite moment was at 3:51-3:55 where Dan seems to be gently nudging/bumping Phil's hip (or perhaps accidentally), then at 3:56 Phil seems to subtly hip_check him back (perhaps accidentally). Also liked the brief Phil-like tongue flick by Dan at about 6:56-:07. Cute, if a little vanilla, for them.
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
swofro
angel bean

sweetmm wrote:Enjoyed the video, as always Phil is wonderful when it comes to collaborating with the ladies.
I totally imagine your zaynphil avatar says the word ladies in your post, I can't escape it.

Liveshow, haven't watch fully, just some bits.
I really feel bad watching Dan when he is ill, I want him to resr. :( Dan looks sweaty af, poor Brits who aren't used to high temp, hope you guys manage fine too.

Some stuff that has been said but I wanna say it too.
-I love the hair being push back and he show his forehead but I am so not into sweaty Dan. Lol.
-Knowing each other password is predictable.
-Like the fact that he actually talks a bit about #KimExposedParty after ing the issue in last ls.
-Matching jackets. Ofcourse. But Dan will probably wear his orange cosplay jacket on pokego next, so my dream of them wearing the same jacket in the while is already dead before it even started. Lol.

Undertale sooooon.
Love is forever
bluewho
truth bomb

Just watched the liveshow
I don't understand what's not to love
bonus points to Dan for mixing up the words 'whisk' and 'risk' in a characteristically tragic fashion 47 minutes in I love him
Also "John Snow, am I right ladies." Yes, yes you are.
filming DINOF 'in the next few days' - we have this on record, literally recorded Dan.

my only criticism is that he talks too fast in places, also that he shouldn't be ill because it upsets me that he's not well, how selfish of him

I felt like he was very complimentary of Rosanna, not trying to shade her or anything? He does have a sarcastic tone but I think that's just his default. But that's just my interpretation which obviously may not be right

Trigger warning phoenixfeather's Dan's projecting about Kanye/Swift theory
phoenixfeather wrote:I think I may have turned into Dan trash? Help?!
I wish I knew how darling
phoenixfeather wrote: Okay so what really caught my attention this LS was Pretty Boy Howell's take on how Taylor Swift sounded insincere and may have felt a bit reluctant about the song but was backed into a corner and was trying to seem like a good sport. When I watched that video, I had the complete opposite reading from her voice and it seemed like she was genuinely excited (coughcoughforthefreepublicitycoughcough). I'm really trying to stay unbiased because I never liked her after the whole copyrighting/Spotify/writing Bad Blood to start drama with Katy Perry thing, but I talked to other people and at least among my social circle, I'm not alone in missing the part where she sounds insincere. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it seemed like Dan was projecting his own feelings, maybe from a similar situation, and it got me thinking. How many times has he been in the boat where he's been backed into going along with something (esp. Phan related) just because he didn't feel like he had a choice? The one cringey Cory in the House interview comes to mind, along with all the attention he got on the Phil Trash #1 panel from '15 VidCon. I feel like it may be a conclusion he went to because he's had that situation in his own life.

I'm pretty sure I'm overanalyzing and I'm gonna stop to go rewatch the end of the ls so I can drool a little more
The thing is I don't think Dan was alone in interpreting Taylor as insincere in the phone call. He almost word for word repeated the view in the youtube video on the topic by 'poptrigger' (which I hasten to add I don't frequent, I just like Taylor's music so I wanted to know what all the fuss was about). Plus I actually don't think he feels forced to go along with phan stuff, simply because he is usually the one who encourages it? But I can see what you mean, it's an interesting theory, and maybe he could have felt that way a while back when he was all we are individuals not a double act etc, and yet people still asked him about Phil, and wanted him to make videos with Phil. So I agree he could have been projecting, but I'm not wholly convinced
[offtopic]
idk wrote: now back to binge watching stranger things and avoiding all the readings i have to do
:tsk: do your readings, take it from me, listen to your (just about) elders :lol:[/offtopic]
timtam
lady door

sweetmm wrote: I think Phil mentioned he was going to buy the a/c connection the very next day. Hence why Dan is in sweater as he sleep in that room with a/c and he was only in his hot room for the ls. He did mention he can exhale on Phil as he is not contagious ;)
I think that must be it!

Here's my random thoughts/bits I liked about the liveshow
- 8 pills a day - damn okay he must be really sick and having to schedule them half an hour before eating. I know that feel
- he seems pretty perky for someone so sick
- Dan fidgeting with that go pro thing - i identify with that so much bc that's what I would be doing i'm always fidgeting
- snapchat NO
- him constantly fixing his fringe is annoying me
- his story about the guy hiding in the bush playing pokemon go - i mean Dan you kinda are the late (mid) 20's man nerd playing pokemon (minus the fedora). If I didn't know who Dan was and saw him at night playing pokemon i'd probably be reluctant to talk to him too
- does he have a sheet he's reading ideas off? before he started talking about the doctor he looked down at something and said 'what else to talk about'
- did he really just explain the pubic lice joke i think most people got it
- new undertale video on the way
- leggings are quite swaggy - i cant even
- so its going to take a month for his pokemon outfit to arrive so no more pokemon go videos until then ugh
- him talking about the kids in the pokemon go video - 'sometimes, bitch!'
- Ro was stood on a box in the video! I know are tall but she must be tiny!
- the thing he is most looking forward in Australia is winter - what a dull answer Dan. Plus it'll be warmish in Brisbane when they visit at least in the 20's not really winter weather. But as he said it'll be a relief from their weather