Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

corn flakes wrote: I may be the only one that doesn't see how they could be brothers
I don't see it either. Like if you see their D&P's actual brothers you can definitely see that they're related to each other despite different styling. D&P don't look a like at all and just have similar hair, but that's really not a sibling thing to do (at least not after a certain age).

I like the little summary of D&P's career Stronger together than apart.
grannypants wrote:
eevee wrote:
cute af. as someone who didn't get a chance to experience tatinof live, i'm v excited about this.
and they're editing it themselves? nice one lads
I can't imagine they're editing it all themselves, editing a documentary is quite different from editing a YouTube video. They must have some help, maybe not for this first version but at least for the actual final product I think?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

eevee wrote:
Good to hear that they are involved in this, not that I really doubted it because they are control freaks. Also really want to see it.
bluewho
truth bomb

eevee wrote:
So excited for this

Catallena wrote:
grannypants wrote:
eevee wrote:
cute af. as someone who didn't get a chance to experience tatinof live, i'm v excited about this.
and they're editing it themselves? nice one lads
I can't imagine they're editing it all themselves, editing a documentary is quite different from editing a YouTube video. They must have some help, maybe not for this first version but at least for the actual final product I think?
27:10 makes it sound like you're right Catallena
eevee
emo goose

Wait a minute I'm sorry but i Just noticed this:

cute but wait....

didn't he study English!?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
SquishPhan
capita£ester

eevee wrote:Wait a minute I'm sorry but i Just noticed this:

cute but wait....

didn't he study English!?
Maybe it was autocorrect.
eevee
emo goose

SquishPhan wrote:Maybe it was autocorrect.
Maybe! :lol:

Also: Are we getting this sooner than we thought!?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:Maybe it was autocorrect.
Maybe! :lol:

Also: Are we getting this sooner than we thought!?
I assumed we'd get the trailer in a week but now that I see the original tweet, hm. (Actually I bet it's still the trailer and he was just accidentally misleading.)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

eevee wrote: Also: Are we getting this sooner than we thought!?
Really hope so, but I doubht it. I think we will be getting it at the same time as the actual tour vid, and that one isn't done yet I presume.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

wearing those shirts are the human equivalent of these two houses :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Catallena wrote:
I see it. :lol:
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Catallena wrote: wearing those shirts are the human equivalent of these two houses :')
So jealous that she's one of the first to see Phil in The Shirt in the flesh.
Just kidding. Kind of. I am really in love with that shirt, though. That blue color always looks absolutely magnificent with his skintone, in my opinion.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

pixlexia wrote:
Catallena wrote: wearing those shirts are the human equivalent of these two houses :')
Just kidding. Kind of. I am really in love with that shirt, though. That blue color always looks absolutely magnificent with his skintone, in my opinion.
I envy her so much. Want to see Phil wearing that shirt coz light blue really brings out his blue eyes.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

pixlexia wrote:
Catallena wrote:
He does look really good in that shirt.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

eevee wrote:
Me right now:

I am so hyped for this making of documentary, I am building it up in my mind to be the second best thing (behind tatinof) that they've ever released. I loved tatinof so much that I just can't see anyway this is going to be bad. Hurry up and announce the European tour Deppy! Hurry hurry hurry.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
bluewho
truth bomb

flarequake wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Catallena wrote:
fancybum wrote:Image
oh god does she know what she's done

edit:
OH MY ACTUAL GOD this is awkward
idk Bryony loves riling up the phandom sometimes (can't blame her, I would do the same in her position), so it wouldn't surprise me if she was just taking the piss here. She sees more than we think.
Yeah, there's something fishy about it. That person doesn't follow neither Dan nor Phil on twitter so for them to know about (which is kind of an obscure reference for a non-fan to know) and Bryony not to know seems unlikely (as Bryony follows this person). Unless that person is an ex-fan and was once a hardcore stalker lol. Am I even making sense. Probably not.

I do wonder what she meant by 'the one with the "lol" in it' though. Maybe an inside joke between them? or reference to Phan not being real sorrytosuggestthat
Lollipop? From Shirley Temple's song and tap dance "The Good Ship Lollipop".
Or could lol stand for League of Legends? Does League of Legends have any relation to Final Fantasy, a reference to the video that shall not be named maybe?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Also, I don't know how I missed this photo before but I totally know where that place is. It's a place where they have a studio situated on site. Wonder if they've been getting the production company to help them with the documentary especially as Dan said they were editing the tatinof footage today & the studio have an in-house production facility there.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

bluewho wrote:
flarequake wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Catallena wrote:
fancybum wrote:Image
oh god does she know what she's done

edit:
OH MY ACTUAL GOD this is awkward
idk Bryony loves riling up the phandom sometimes (can't blame her, I would do the same in her position), so it wouldn't surprise me if she was just taking the piss here. She sees more than we think.
Yeah, there's something fishy about it. That person doesn't follow neither Dan nor Phil on twitter so for them to know about (which is kind of an obscure reference for a non-fan to know) and Bryony not to know seems unlikely (as Bryony follows this person). Unless that person is an ex-fan and was once a hardcore stalker lol. Am I even making sense. Probably not.

I do wonder what she meant by 'the one with the "lol" in it' though. Maybe an inside joke between them? or reference to Phan not being real sorrytosuggestthat
Lollipop? From Shirley Temple's song and tap dance "The Good Ship Lollipop".
Or could lol stand for League of Legends? Does League of Legends have any relation to Final Fantasy, a reference to the video that shall not be named maybe?
That's way too much for me. They've mentioned playing League of Legends (at least on the Dan's documentary, but I think also somewhere else), so even if it was a sneaky phan reference, i don't know why it should be about the video.

Imo the whole tweet thing seems to be a) inside joke between them, no connections to Dan and Phil b) making fun of phangirls c) inside joke about making fun of phangirls. It would be really weird if Bryony was hinting about phan, as she is their actual friend - besides that, who even seriously does that in 2016?

About the making of - could they actually be releasing it in a few weeks like wtf that's not something they do, it'll probably still be months.
bluewho
truth bomb

anime_is_not_cool wrote:...c) inside joke about making fun of phangirls.
Mmm, yes I suppose...:
"That's a favourite symbol of a popular ship."
"What ship?"
"The one whose fandom we lol at."
...is a much more likely conversation for them to have
Wild guesses like my above post would probably give them more reason to laugh tbh :lol:
I was thinking that 'lol' was referring to a ship not a fandom based on the wording, but it could be either
uglyamerican
woodland creature

missemma wrote: Also, I don't know how I missed this photo before but I totally know where that place is. It's a place where they have a studio situated on site. Wonder if they've been getting the production company to help them with the documentary especially as Dan said they were editing the tatinof footage today & the studio have an in-house production facility there.
There's also big-ass production facilities across the street if we're thinking about the same place. Anyway, D&P mentioned earlier that the documentary was also going to be released on YTR, so either plans have changed, or we're getting teased (by a potential trailer or other type of preview?) And what about the Australian tour - is it not going to be featured in the TATINOF film, or the making of doc? I think it's pretty clear at this point that any European tour is not going to make it into any of the films.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

random shower thought that's a little bit too so don't take it seriously i'm just bored:

i was thinking about phil saying that the bus interior was mostly black the other day during his ls (it!!! wasn't!!! stop fucking with my brain philip) and trying to make sense out of it and then i remembered that in the hotel room ls someone asked for a bus tour and dan said maybe? (or at least looked like he was considering it i'm too lazy to rewatch it and check) and you know whose tour bus was mostly black/really dark brown inside, the merch crew's, and that one doesn't have an incriminating bedroom, so maybe they filmed that bus???

i know that doesn't make any sense considering that they tweeted about their magical bus with two bedrooms that doesn't exist/phil getting the bedroom with the tv and toilet, and the merch crew bus only has bunks, but hey, it was a shower thought, leave me alone (but lol imagine if something like this happens, as in they lie about something bus-related in the documentary, that would be an interesting day for idb)

and also, kind of unrelated, the merch girls seemed excited when dan tweeted about the documentary, maybe they are in it and they actually hung out during the tour even if we got only like two picture of deppy and them in the same place at the same time
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
manged
lady door

trashqueen wrote:random shower thought that's a little bit too so don't take it seriously i'm just bored:

i was thinking about phil saying that the bus interior was mostly black the other day during his ls (it!!! wasn't!!! stop fucking with my brain philip) and trying to make sense out of it and then i remembered that in the hotel room ls someone asked for a bus tour and dan said maybe? (or at least looked like he was considering it i'm too lazy to rewatch it and check) and you know whose tour bus was mostly black/really dark brown inside, the merch crew's, and that one doesn't have an incriminating bedroom, so maybe they filmed that bus???

i know that doesn't make any sense considering that they tweeted about their magical bus with two bedrooms that doesn't exist/phil getting the bedroom with the tv and toilet, and the merch crew bus only has bunks, but hey, it was a shower thought, leave me alone (but lol imagine if something like this happens, as in they lie about something bus-related in the documentary, that would be an interesting day for idb)
I'm glad #busgate hasn't died with the US tour. I toots see that happening. That dog-face selfie Phil tweeted is proof that they've at least hung out in the merch bus. I'll be surprised if we get any bus footage that goes past the lounge area in the front anyway. We'll get a few shots of them sitting on the couches, knowing that the interior doesn't match any of the star coaches and it won't fucking matter because no one pays attention and no one really gives a shit outside of IDB.
mez29
procrastinator

bluewho wrote:
anime_is_not_cool wrote:...c) inside joke about making fun of phangirls.
Mmm, yes I suppose...:
"That's a favourite symbol of a popular ship."
"What ship?"
"The one whose fandom we lol at."
...is a much more likely conversation for them to have
Wild guesses like my above post would probably give them more reason to laugh tbh :lol:
I was thinking that 'lol' was referring to a ship not a fandom based on the wording, but it could be either
I don't know what everyone's so worried about … 'lol' clearly stands for 'lots of love' … right … right
ducksss
phillion/danosaur <//3

manged wrote:
trashqueen wrote:random shower thought that's a little bit too so don't take it seriously i'm just bored:

I'm glad #busgate hasn't died with the US tour. I toots see that happening. That dog-face selfie Phil tweeted is proof that they've at least hung out in the merch bus. I'll be surprised if we get any bus footage that goes past the lounge area in the front anyway. We'll get a few shots of them sitting on the couches, knowing that the interior doesn't match any of the star coaches and it won't fucking matter because no one pays attention and no one really gives a shit outside of IDB.
Briefly coming out from my lurking habits to quickly comment on this. I have read all #busgate in past threads and I was just thinking about what and how much they are gonna show us in the documentary (probably, as manged said, nothing aside from the lounge area, given that they would blow up their two-bedroom cover). I just have to say that I can't wait to see IDB Sherlocks in action again :D

And one more thing, athough I am kinda late: wtf is up with this "Dan should wear nail polish" thing?!?! I don't understand why it exists and where it comes from!
Plus, if anything, I think Phil is the one that should wear it, since his nails have a much better shape than Dan's! Dan's nails are squared and small compared to his fingers, so imo nail polish, especially if black, would look awkward on him and make his fingers look kinda fat. Phil's nails, instead... damn, I'd kill to have his nails instead of my short squared ones :sideeye: they look so classy just look at them:

Ok, back into the shadows.
DeadlyNova
living flop

I think I'm actually more excited for the documentary than for TATINOF itself, tbh. xD

And I think that nail polish thing is just part of the fetish a lot of people have about feminizing Dan. (Not saying that nail polish is only a feminine thing, but I definitely feel like that's a part of it.)

I think I have a bit of an unpopular opinion when it comes to that, as I really hate seeing it and don't understand where anyone is coming from with it at all. Maybe in 2009, but that was only because his body hadn't finished maturing yet. IDK

(Neither of them are very masculine either, though, imo, despite being giants.)
ducksss
phillion/danosaur <//3

Yeah, nail polish, neither on girls nor on boys, doesn't interest me at all, and I think everyone here isn't particularly eager to see Dan wear it... I guess it's just that the majority of the phandom is weird and creepy. Also, I don't obviously think it suits Phils's personality at all, it's just that he has really nice nails

It also makes me a little uncomfortable seeing all these girls look at D&P as some sort of dress up dolls (Dan with this nail polish thing, or Phil with the pastel thing): you should wear this, you should wear that... am I the only one?