Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Anonymousse wrote:As someone pointed out on twitter...

Dan hasn't tweeted in days...

I wonder if Phil composted him and now he is giving life to Phil's plants.

If so, hello Dan-shroom
Deep into editing, probs... (it's only been two day yo, c'mon ;) )
fancybum
senpai

The pneumonia got him. rip dannyfire.

I'm hoping for a gaming vid before/after Phil's liveshow tomorrow... I mean in a world where they did anything 'properly,' they should have posted a new Undertale to coincide with the baking collab, no? Within the week would be close enough..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
karma_yeah
philussy

Umm, voldy is on tumblr under "phan". So disappointed.
What goes around, comes around Image
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

fancybum wrote:The pneumonia got him. rip dannyfire.

I'm hoping for a gaming vid before/after Phil's liveshow tomorrow... I mean in a world where they did anything 'properly,' they should have posted a new Undertale to coincide with the baking collab, no? Within the week would be close enough..
RIP Danyul.

How is it that we always get like three videos within one week and nothing in the next one? :') Space that shit out boys.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote:

How is it that we always get like three videos within one week and nothing in the next one? :') Space that shit out boys.
Ikr?! We need more fuel for our bants apaz. Come on boys, we're waiting....
That gif is depressingly apropos for this forum as of late. :cry:
actions speak louder than words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Winston wrote:That gif is depressingly apropos for this forum as of late. :cry:
Now would be a great time for someone to jump in who wants to discuss any non-current phan stuff and would normally feel bashful about bringing old stuff up/rehashing!
bluewho
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote:
Winston wrote:That gif is depressingly apropos for this forum as of late. :cry:
Now would be a great time for someone to jump in who wants to discuss any non-current phan stuff and would normally feel bashful about bringing old stuff up/rehashing!
This was one of my first posts:
bluewho wrote:
[offtopic]I don't know whether this was ever discussed on GG but I was wondering what people thought/what was said about the first thirty seconds of this

[/offtopic]
The thread was moving quickly at the time so I think it got buried. But please ignore it if you're all bored of rehashing since I'm sure something like this was probably already discussed :lol:
Winston
flower crown

I'm sure it was discussed. Don't know what was said about it, (I wasn't around then though). I know we're supposed to talk about Dan in it, but my favorite is Tom. He makes me laugh when he is following the camera making funny faces. (I'm easy what can I say? ) Then of course he rescues awkward Dan at the end. :lol:
corn flakes
moon room

I never saw it as anything special, to me it seems like they are talking in general some of the reasons why it's better not to vlog parties and jack, the little shit, tries to put dan in an awkard situation. Still gotta love the lovely gif of dan and tom.
Also how could phil abandon dan at the party at the end :cry:
. Gotta agree with dan I expected the play to be something else other than only catching pokemon but still can't wait for the next one, please let it not be it in mid august.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
annetamiau
lady door

bluewho: I don't really know what to make of it either. That's 100% speculation but I don't think the other youtubers there (Louise, Tom and Jack) know if D and P are together. My opinion is that, before knowing Dan and Phil irl, youtubers (in general, I'm sure there are exceptions) think phan is a crazy delusion from the typical tumblr fangirl, as gay ships on Youtube are normally not very likely to be real. And then after getting to know them, said youtubers might begin to wonder if there is/was something going on due to their chemistry, but I don't think Dan and Phil ever adress the issue. To my mind, this is what happened with Pewdiepie. In the gaming collab you can literally see it in his face when he looks at Marzia, especially when Dan and Phil do something really in sync.

Now, I know Jack (and maybe Tom too) knew Dan and Phil from 2009, but I still think they don't have a definite answer about phan and all they can do is speculate (like us, but with more inside knowledge). Even Louise, I'd say, belongs to this category. Many people in the phandom seem to think Dan and Phil are super close with her, but I don't think so, I think they are close as YT friends, but they don't see each other very often and don't seem to interact outside youtube conventions and the occasional collab.

Now, going back to the video and the making out question, I'm sure Dan was not going to say him and Phil. Who was Jack referring to? Did he mean to say Dan and Phil, or Dan and some other youtuber? I honestly don't know. But I mean, Dan being in a relationship with another youtuber other than Phil is not very likely, so
I'm sorry this three paragraphs are basically useless. To sum up: imo no one knows, as Louise is rumored to have said during a convention (I don't remember when it happened, but it was at the same time as the 'girl box' thing that turned out to be toiletries).

On a different note, there is this one moment from the radio show that is bothering me slightly and I'd like to ask your opinion. As each and every time I try to find a video, I have failed miserably (though I'm sure DINOFvyou1 uploaded it). It's from one of the 2 hour long episodes before the Internet Takeover. It's a Dan vs Phil where they have to find each other by touching people's faces while blindfolded, and they (in turns) sit with four or five people including Aled. The thing is, they don't find each other very easily, and I think Dan even fails once (I haven't seen the video recently so this might not be accurate, but I do remember they don't find each other easily). Now, this might sound stupid (it probably is) but I have issues with physical contact so I don't know if people in a long term relationship are supposed to recognise each other in this situation. I would assume they are, this is why this radio moment bothers me slightly. I know this small moment is not worth in depth discussion, but hey, the forum is slow so I though 'why not'?

Have a really nice day/night everyone! :)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
Winston
flower crown

annetamiau wrote:
On a different note, there is this one moment from the radio show that is bothering me slightly and I'd like to ask your opinion. As each and every time I try to find a video, I have failed miserably (though I'm sure DINOFvyou1 uploaded it). It's from one of the 2 hour long episodes before the Internet Takeover. It's a Dan vs Phil where they have to find each other by touching people's faces while blindfolded, and they (in turns) sit with four or five people including Aled. The thing is, they don't find each other very easily, and I think Dan even fails once (I haven't seen the video recently so this might not be accurate, but I do remember they don't find each other easily). Now, this might sound stupid (it probably is) but I have issues with physical contact so I don't know if people in a long term relationship are supposed to recognise each other in this situation. I would assume they are, this is why this radio moment bothers me slightly. I know this small moment is not worth in depth discussion, but hey, the forum is slow so I though 'why not'?

I love that video. (Dan vs Phil: Scratch and Sniff challenge) I think it is telling actually. They finally figure out who each other are by feeling the jawline neck area each time. They can't tell from hair, but a different area? I don't even know if I could find my husband this way. To me it shows that they must touch each other there in that same area enough to tell. You can see it in the reflection on the window. Also Aled's reaction is interesting.

Aled seems to watch them in a lot of the vids he is in with them. He looks like us and analyzes the crap out of their interactions trying to figure out their relationship. I.e. When Molly is on and he switches sides so Phil and Molly are closer, he watches Dan the whole rest of the time, or when Phil asks about the boyfriend and cactus thing he watches (Dan mostly) waiting for a reaction. there are other examples but I'm tired...
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

annetamiau wrote:On a different note, there is this one moment from the radio show that is bothering me slightly and I'd like to ask your opinion. As each and every time I try to find a video, I have failed miserably (though I'm sure DINOFvyou1 uploaded it). It's from one of the 2 hour long episodes before the Internet Takeover. It's a Dan vs Phil where they have to find each other by touching people's faces while blindfolded, and they (in turns) sit with four or five people including Aled. The thing is, they don't find each other very easily, and I think Dan even fails once (I haven't seen the video recently so this might not be accurate, but I do remember they don't find each other easily). Now, this might sound stupid (it probably is) but I have issues with physical contact so I don't know if people in a long term relationship are supposed to recognise each other in this situation. I would assume they are, this is why this radio moment bothers me slightly. I know this small moment is not worth in depth discussion, but hey, the forum is slow so I though 'why not'?

This one, yeah?

I never felt they were that bad, though. I always thought they were just taking their time.
Winston
flower crown

I never thought they were bad at it either, I think it would be difficult figuring out who someone is just by feel.
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

itsonlybeth wrote:Also, with the second book...

November seems a bit soon, especially with the tour and not even a proper hint by deppy towards the new book.

Any thoughts?
hm, but it does fit in with what we suppose is the release date of the tatinof film and documentary. Wasn't youtube red UK starting in november or something? Would make sense for them to release the tour book alongside the tour film.

Unless Dan's tweet about finishing the editing process next week actually means we will get it sooner...
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

kusunoki masashige wrote:
itsonlybeth wrote:Also, with the second book...

November seems a bit soon, especially with the tour and not even a proper hint by deppy towards the new book.

Any thoughts?
hm, but it does fit in with what we suppose is the release date of the tatinof film and documentary. Wasn't youtube red UK starting in november or something? Would make sense for them to release the tour book alongside the tour film.

Unless Dan's tweet about finishing the editing process next week actually means we will get it sooner...
I guess so, but TABINOF was announced in March for an October release. That's 6 months in advance. It's almost August and deppy haven't even said anything? Unless the book is a lot less of a big deal than we originally thought and it's more like one of those World Book Day specials (anyone remember those, phans in the UK? No? Just me then 8-) )
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
annetamiau
lady door

Thanks mysterylovescompany (it was this video!) and Winston for your input! :)
And Winston your commentary was very interesting to read, thanks!

Re: second book. I'd say they'll try to make it sound like it's a lot less of a big deal than the first one. When the TABINOF trailer + explanation came out, they talked about the book as if it was some kind of culmination of the DanandPhilWORLD that they have built on the internet over the years. They (especially Dan, Phil sounded a lot less extreme) made it sound like it was a one in a lifetime thing. I guess they'll try to be more nonchalant about the second book, cause what other huge thing might it represent? I'm afraid not many fans are going to buy Dan's 'we need a physical copy of this because of everything it represents' reasoning for a second book, it wouldn't seem sincere at all. As I see it, if they try to sell it like this very important thing again they risk coming across as sellouts. So to me it makes sense that they are keeping a low profile regarding the book, at least for a few more weeks.
(To clarify: I'm not saying they are sellouts, and I'm sure they've put effort into it)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
Winston
flower crown

annetamiau wrote:Thanks mysterylovescompany (it was this video!) and Winston for your input! :)
And Winston your commentary was very interesting to read, thanks!

Re: second book. I'd say they'll try to make it sound like it's a lot less of a big deal than the first one. When the TABINOF trailer + explanation came out, they talked about the book as if it was some kind of culmination of the DanandPhilWORLD that they have built on the internet over the years. They (especially Dan, Phil sounded a lot less extreme) made it sound like it was a one in a lifetime thing. I guess they'll try to be more nonchalant about the second book, cause what other huge thing might it represent? I'm afraid not many fans are going to buy Dan's 'we need a physical copy of this because of everything it represents' reasoning for a second book, it wouldn't seem sincere at all. As I see it, if they try to sell it like this very important thing again they risk coming across as sellouts. So to me it makes sense that they are keeping a low profile regarding the book, at least for a few more weeks.
(To clarify: I'm not saying they are sellouts, and I'm sure they've put effort into it)

Yes to this. I was thinking the same thing, especially the 'bold' part.

[offtopic]I have YT playing in the background and another Nerdy Nummies came on. This time it is Rhett and Link. I looked up, and Rhett has to sit on a chair because he is so tall. Made me actually laugh. They must have changed the set up, or the camera angle before showed up. Rhett is 6'5" and Link is 6' or 6'1". (I must have a thing about watching extra tall buddy duos. Even if one duo in particular I sometimes suspect may not just be buddies. ;) )

Also Nerdy Nummies does put out blooper videos, so who knows, mayhaps we will get a deppy blooper vid from NN? :)[/offtopic]
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Winston wrote: I love that video. (Dan vs Phil: Scratch and Sniff challenge) I think it is telling actually. They finally figure out who each other are by feeling the jawline neck area each time. They can't tell from hair, but a different area? I don't even know if I could find my husband this way. To me it shows that they must touch each other there in that same area enough to tell. You can see it in the reflection on the window. Also Aled's reaction is interesting.

Aled seems to watch them in a lot of the vids he is in with them. He looks like us and analyzes the crap out of their interactions trying to figure out their relationship. I.e. When Molly is on and he switches sides so Phil and Molly are closer, he watches Dan the whole rest of the time, or when Phil asks about the boyfriend and cactus thing he watches (Dan mostly) waiting for a reaction. there are other examples but I'm tired...
The Aled thing!!! Thank you for mentioning that, I've seriously wondered if that was only in my head in the past. I wonder how many people also saw that.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

LurkingTrash wrote:
Winston wrote: I love that video. (Dan vs Phil: Scratch and Sniff challenge) I think it is telling actually. They finally figure out who each other are by feeling the jawline neck area each time. They can't tell from hair, but a different area? I don't even know if I could find my husband this way. To me it shows that they must touch each other there in that same area enough to tell. You can see it in the reflection on the window. Also Aled's reaction is interesting.

The Aled thing!!! Thank you for mentioning that, I've seriously wondered if that was only in my head in the past. I wonder how many people also saw that.
Oh people definitely saw that and Aled was loved among the phandom for it. When the Sunday shows ended people we're genuinely upset that they had to say goodbye to him (and Jameela) because they would have to miss their Shipper on Deck. I'm not sure whether he actually shipped it, but he did seem very intrigued by Dan and Phil's relationship. He wasn't the only one, other R1 DJ's seemed to be very interested as well or at least liked joking about.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
grannypants
living flop

mysterylovescompany wrote: This one, yeah?

I never felt they were that bad, though. I always thought they were just taking their time.
this is the first time i've watched this video and i thought it was so cute that they both recognised each other from feeling their faces

also it's kinda sad that they're so anti-touching that a vid of them clumsily patting each others' heads made me all mushy. i will crawl back into my trash can now
"don't mind me, just having a little float" - dan howell
majitzu
angel bean

I miss Aled. I liked his interactions with D&P. A Jameela was funny too, the way she speak to them always make me laugh. When we said that the bbc ships them we are telling the truth
starlight-still
truth bomb

grannypants wrote:
mysterylovescompany wrote: This one, yeah?

this is the first time i've watched this video and i thought it was so cute that they both recognised each other from feeling their faces
What kills me about this is round one (1:59). Phil rubs Dan briefly on the shoulder and neck, *sniffs* him (that's the only person he even dared to sniff, btw), and knows *immediately*. Dan's facial expressions during that whole round are priceless.

Phil hunching down to defeat Dan's "find the tall one" tactic though :lol: And Phil's smile when he's messing with Dan...does he even smile like that anymore?
majitzu
angel bean

What I love about those all radio challenges is that you can see how they act in different situations. Dan is always metodical and Phil is a mess. I want to watch them all again
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

majitzu wrote:I miss Aled. I liked his interactions with D&P. A Jameela was funny too, the way she speak to them always make me laugh. When we said that the bbc ships them we are telling the truth
I liked their interactions with Scott Mills as well, they went on Real Or No Real every week in their first year and it was pretty great.

Have some more proof that the BBC ships it hard y'all:
Real Or No Real from 2014 (without D&P) where they talk about Dan and Phil, sharing hotel rooms and bunk beds. Dan tops according to Scott.
From a few days before that, Matt Edmondson speculating about Dan and Phil's romantic holiday to Paris. To avoid confusion, as said in the RONR clip they went to Playlist and not on actual holiday (though Phil did stay behind for holiday with his family). They do take holidays together though, so Matt wasn't completely wrong :')
Bonus: that time Deppy won their radio award and were asleep on Grimmy's couch together the morning after~

I mis the radio show. I miss their interactions with other DJ's. Blehhh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bluewho
truth bomb

Thank you annetamiau, I wasn't really sure what to make of it. I agree with you that it seems unlikely that Jack would know if Dan and Phil are in a relationship. I can't help but think that he has put Dan in an uncomfortable situation here. Thank God for Tom helping to rescue it :lol: If I was in Louise's shoes I would have just cut that part out, as it's just awkward really - whether are together or not.
annetamiau wrote:To sum up: imo no one knows
As with anything Phan related then
annetamiau wrote: On a different note, there is this one moment from the radio show that is bothering me slightly and I'd like to ask your opinion. As each and every time I try to find a video, I have failed miserably (though I'm sure DINOFvyou1 uploaded it). It's from one of the 2 hour long episodes before the Internet Takeover. It's a Dan vs Phil where they have to find each other by touching people's faces while blindfolded, and they (in turns) sit with four or five people including Aled. The thing is, they don't find each other very easily, and I think Dan even fails once (I haven't seen the video recently so this might not be accurate, but I do remember they don't find each other easily). Now, this might sound stupid (it probably is) but I have issues with physical contact so I don't know if people in a long term relationship are supposed to recognise each other in this situation. I would assume they are, this is why this radio moment bothers me slightly. I know this small moment is not worth in depth discussion, but hey, the forum is slow so I though 'why not'?
I also think they seemed to find it difficult. But then things that look easy may be harder than they seem in reality. I think Dan even says that he thought he would recognise Phil's hair but that it was harder than he expected. I don't think that the fact that they took a long time suggests they are not together though, or that if they had found each other quickly it would have suggested they were. They could have also just been trying to be thorough - or, if you want to be really they could have tried to take a bit longer so it wouldn't be suspicious :lol:

Dan saying Phil is "good at touching"

The BBC ships Phan because it brings them viewers, that's why they always give them challenges designed to produce outcomes which make phangirls squee
Sorry, I'm very cynical today :lol:
asleep on the couch though

[offtopic]Does anyone know anywhere to watch back the radioshows? I've lost track of which ones I've seen and which ones I haven't and I seem to find lots of clips of them on YouTube but not full shows?[/offtopic]