Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

Also, with the second book...

November seems a bit soon, especially with the tour and not even a proper hint by deppy towards the new book.

Any thoughts?
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

pearshaped34 wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:
Ticia wrote:Even though it's a silly thing, friendly reminder that Phil is losing against Saccone Jolys:

http://www.radiotimes.com/onlinechampion
Just went to vote Phil and every time the page refreshed after me clicking Phil I noticed Saccone Jolys number had went up by like 50+ in those few seconds. That may be a lost cause.

Edit- I know it's a click as much as you like vote so the numbers aren't real but the number of "votes" cast in the Phil and Saccone Joly's race is ridiculously high in comparison to the other votes, Dan and Tomska have like 20000 votes cast between them and Hazel/Carrie and Louse/Tanya around 15000 between them. Phil and Saccone Joly have 160000. I suspect some people have lost feeling in their fingers getting the numbers that high.
The number the of votes were really big compared to the other groups. It seems to be a lost cause especially that the US fans are still sleeping. But I'll keep on voting. I am already using my personal phone, work phone and laptop. I am stubborn.

Well good luck winning against Dan. Dangirls, crush SacconeJolys. Hahaha.
Saccone Jolys have went up about 30000 votes since I made my first post and I'd never heard of them before today! (Admittedly I avoid family bloggers like the plague though).
Do they have some kind of crazy dedicated fandom or something? Because for their number of votes to be jumping that fast they either have a small army of people clicking away for them or bots on their side.

I'm not even sure Dangirls will be able to beat those kind of numbers in the next round. (Sorry Phil but with 40000 votes between you guys now I'm conceding you won't be Dan's next challenger.)
I heard a page or two back in this forum that SacconeJolys have been begging for votes or some kind of cheating, where Dan and Phil haven't even acknowledged the competition.
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

itsonlybeth wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:
Ticia wrote:Even though it's a silly thing, friendly reminder that Phil is losing against Saccone Jolys:

http://www.radiotimes.com/onlinechampion
Just went to vote Phil and every time the page refreshed after me clicking Phil I noticed Saccone Jolys number had went up by like 50+ in those few seconds. That may be a lost cause.

Edit- I know it's a click as much as you like vote so the numbers aren't real but the number of "votes" cast in the Phil and Saccone Joly's race is ridiculously high in comparison to the other votes, Dan and Tomska have like 20000 votes cast between them and Hazel/Carrie and Louse/Tanya around 15000 between them. Phil and Saccone Joly have 160000. I suspect some people have lost feeling in their fingers getting the numbers that high.
The number the of votes were really big compared to the other groups. It seems to be a lost cause especially that the US fans are still sleeping. But I'll keep on voting. I am already using my personal phone, work phone and laptop. I am stubborn.

Well good luck winning against Dan. Dangirls, crush SacconeJolys. Hahaha.
Saccone Jolys have went up about 30000 votes since I made my first post and I'd never heard of them before today! (Admittedly I avoid family bloggers like the plague though).
Do they have some kind of crazy dedicated fandom or something? Because for their number of votes to be jumping that fast they either have a small army of people clicking away for them or bots on their side.

I'm not even sure Dangirls will be able to beat those kind of numbers in the next round. (Sorry Phil but with 40000 votes between you guys now I'm conceding you won't be Dan's next challenger.)
I heard a page or two back in this forum that SacconeJolys have been begging for votes or some kind of cheating, where Dan and Phil haven't even acknowledged the competition.

I guess they are doing something like a camera giveaway . Plus they are voting for themselves all day.

I went to sleep and Phil was winning again. Looked at it now.... I can't even. :cry: if Dan doesn't beat the SJs , I'm flipping my computer.
actions speak louder than words
fancybum
senpai

itsonlybeth wrote: I heard a page or two back in this forum that SacconeJolys have been begging for votes or some kind of cheating, where Dan and Phil haven't even acknowledged the competition.
They don't care about it; Phil thanked people last year after he won to be appreciative, but they didn't encourage it and Dan in a liveshow afterward said not to bother with things like this as the website is just using fans for clicks and traffic and it's all ultimately a pointless waste of time.

Taken from this tumblr post
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

[offtopic]I dun give a fuck about y'allses options on this topic tbh, or even Dan's so you can just ignore this post if find that there is something more interesting to currently talk about...[/offtopic]

It could be that Saccone Jolys are just clicking away... it could be many things... Naw I'm not saying that anything is 100% certain but looking at the very steady increments their numbers are going up...
This almost makes me want to fight back.(Not because I care about the competition, more because I can)

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

itsonlybeth
sofa crease

fancybum wrote:
itsonlybeth wrote: I heard a page or two back in this forum that SacconeJolys have been begging for votes or some kind of cheating, where Dan and Phil haven't even acknowledged the competition.
They don't care about it; Phil thanked people last year after he won to be appreciative, but they didn't encourage it and Dan in a liveshow afterward said not to bother with things like this as the website is just using fans for clicks and traffic and it's all ultimately a pointless waste of time.

Taken from this tumblr post
I remember that liveshow, in the end we're never going to have it our way because some people cheat and some people care a lot more than we do.
corn flakes
moon room

Do the dangirls comment even exist anymore, phan is such a common concept that to find someone saying I only love one is much more rare.Nowadays the phandom loves to have them tie in every contest.
I'm bothered like all of you that phil is losing againts the saccones because the saccones :sideeye:
But at the end if this was anything important they would have told us or at least hinted,other more popular youtubers lost and at the end it seems that only the saccones carry for this joke of a contest, at this point I'm much more
Also this made me remember that in 2012? dan won that hottest lad sugarscape contest and made that super sarcastic and witty interviews, the in 2013? phil won, where are his interviews?

Finally read snokoplasm and

EDIT:where is my hobbit hair status :cry: :cry: ,please
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

I gave up because that SJ is ahead by 60000+ votes. I checked Dan vs Tomska and they have at least 24k votes combined. Wth Phil is already at 76k votes. There is something fishy here. SJ has less than 2M subs and less than 500k twitter followers. I trust the Phandom's power but they can't do anything if the contest is rigged.

I know Deppy totally don't care about popularity contests but that comment of Dan during a ls was so hypocritical. Deppy bribed the phandom of a DITL for the Sony Golden Headphones. But yeah, that radio times' contest is nothing compared to Sony Radio Academy Award.
fancybum
senpai

Diyes_Celine wrote: I know Deppy totally don't care about popularity contests but that comment of Dan during a ls was so hypocritical. Deppy bribed the phandom of a DITL for the Sony Golden Headphones. But yeah, that radio times' contest is nothing compared to Sony Radio Academy Award.
How is it hypocritical when he literally said 'unless I ask'? It's not in the gifset, but while saying all that, he did bring up the Headphones as something that actually meant something to them, unlike pointless clickbait contests.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Normally I don't give a shit about polls like that but I also can't stand the thought of SacconeJoly's winning shit :') They're gross.

Have I read too much shit on GG about them? Maybe. But child exploite- uh sorry ~Family Vloggers~ who basically followed ShayCarl's recipe for success by shoving camera's in your kids' faces make me sideeye hard in general.

But I'm also not gonna waste time voting. The lead they have is a bit suspicious to me though. :sideeye:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Diyes_Celine wrote:I know Deppy totally don't care about popularity contests but that comment of Dan during a ls was so hypocritical. Deppy bribed the phandom of a DITL for the Sony Golden Headphones. But yeah, that radio times' contest is nothing compared to Sony Radio Academy Award.
The golden headphones thing was different though. They had just taken an enormous leap of faith and moved to London to start a new radio show in a completely unheard-of format. I imagine the show of support from the Phandom was enormously important to them at the time. Like Dan said though, the Radio Times contest just doesnt matter to them as they already know how much we love them.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

bluntedclaws wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:I know Deppy totally don't care about popularity contests but that comment of Dan during a ls was so hypocritical. Deppy bribed the phandom of a DITL for the Sony Golden Headphones. But yeah, that radio times' contest is nothing compared to Sony Radio Academy Award.
The golden headphones thing was different though. They had just taken an enormous leap of faith and moved to London to start a new radio show in a completely unheard-of format. I imagine the show of support from the Phandom was enormously important to them at the time. Like Dan said though, the Radio Times contest just doesnt matter to them as they already know how much we love them.
Yes. I know the weight/popularity of Radio Times less than Sony Radio Awards so voting for radio times if pointless. But if you look at it this way. SJ's Sony Radio Awards is Radio Times. Let us say that for SJ the Radio Times poll is as important as how D&P felt for the Sony Radio awards. asking for the vote and bribing a DITL is similar to what SJ is doing now.
I get that I shouldn't simplify the two scenario as is cause there are a lot of factors to consider but I really felt off when D&P promised a DITL for the vote. Now that I think about it I can't remember whether they promised DITL if they win.

Personally, I was voting for Phil simply because I hate family bloggers.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

itsonlybeth wrote:Also, with the second book...

November seems a bit soon, especially with the tour and not even a proper hint by deppy towards the new book.

Any thoughts?
I think they've probably been writing it whilst they were on the tour bus, if it's a tour themed book with lots of tatinof stuff it wouldn't take them as long to write because they'd already have a plan of what's in it as oppose to TABINOF which was a little bit of everything?
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

on the radiotimes voting thing:
so I took 1 minute to vote for Dan as many times (lost count after 15 clicks) as I could and his numbers increased by 194 and sj's by 907, wow. Seriously had no idea the latter were so popular (sarcasm alert)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

teamug wrote:on the radiotimes voting thing:
so I took 1 minute to vote for Dan as many times (lost count after 15 clicks) as I could and his numbers increased by 194 and sj's by 907, wow. Seriously had no idea the latter were so popular (sarcasm alert)
Yeah, and now it's the semifinals and the SJs have five times the number of votes as Dan. :sideeye: I'm not really invested, but I'm still watching it like it's a trainwreck. ;)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Diyes_Celine wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:
Yes. I know the weight/popularity of Radio Times less than Sony Radio Awards so voting for radio times if pointless. But if you look at it this way. SJ's Sony Radio Awards is Radio Times. Let us say that for SJ the Radio Times poll is as important as how D&P felt for the Sony Radio awards. asking for the vote and bribing a DITL is similar to what SJ is doing now.
I get that I shouldn't simplify the two scenario as is cause there are a lot of factors to consider but I really felt off when D&P promised a DITL for the vote. Now that I think about it I can't remember whether they promised DITL if they win.

I see the sony radio awards as very different from this thing, especially as they just began to introduce youtubers on that platform and the whole community won by gathering more attention with deppy's win, like, suddenly people from the radio HAD to acknowledge them, this I don't think people who win win anything? More than bragging rights? But idk, I don't like family vloggers too but I'm kinda glad we won't have another Dan versus Phil.
I'm feeling kinda sad about tomska tho, he looks like he really wants to win, from his tweets.
(can you tell how sleepy I am from how bad my english is?)
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

LurkingTrash wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:

I see the sony radio awards as very different from this thing, especially as they just began to introduce youtubers on that platform and the whole community won by gathering more attention with deppy's win, like, suddenly people from the radio HAD to acknowledge them, this I don't think people who win win anything? More than bragging rights? But idk, I don't like family vloggers too but I'm kinda glad we won't have another Dan versus Phil.
I'm feeling kinda sad about tomska tho, he looks like he really wants to win, from his tweets.
(can you tell how sleepy I am from how bad my english is?)
I was voting for Tomska. Sad. For Deppy this kind of online poll is not important coz they have accomplished bigger things with the help of the Phandom. They don't need this to prove their fans' support. But for other youtubers this could be a big thing for them.
When I saw how fast SJ's votes increased I was imagining their fans locked in a room clicking the button nonstop. But I am from the IT, I'm not stupid not to notice when an online poll is rigged.
Winston
flower crown

So since deppy is out of the running (most likely) does anyone think that the SJs will win by such a large margin over whomever they are going against at the end? Either Louise or Carrie? I mean I find this interesting. Who thinks that the SJs didn't participate in some dirty pool here? It's one thing going against deppy, but other youtubers who may actually care...seems really skeevy to me. :sideeye: (Which actually doesn't deviate from my impression of them anyway... :roll: )

side note: I didn't know Carrie was so popular :shock:
actions speak louder than words
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Winston wrote:So since deppy is out of the running (most likely) does anyone think that the SJs will win by such a large margin over whomever they are going against at the end? Either Louise or Carrie? I mean I find this interesting. Who thinks that the SJs didn't participate in some dirty pool here? It's one thing going against deppy, but other youtubers who may actually care...seems really skeevy to me. :sideeye: (Which actually doesn't deviate from my impression of them anyway... :roll: )

side note: I didn't know Carrie was so popular :shock:
Basically yes. I can see them winning it. Their minions would do anything for him!! That means sitting on their computer/phone voting every second until they win. Especially if they are bribing them with a giveaway (Disgusting in my view)

If the phandom can't stop them, Louise/Carries fans won't.

Not that any of this matters
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
bluewho
truth bomb

[offtopic]In other news, those of us with lives *pause for laughter* will now have to rely on magic to watch non-laggy liveshows we've missed:
At least until either enable subscriptions or negotiate YouNow into giving us back replays.
I personally am hoping for a power couple style takedown of YouNow involving Dan waltzing into a business meeting in his gator girl hat

I'm in agreement with whoever suggested it earlier that Phil's 'we'll negotiate a package deal' was an attempt to make the phandom accept the subscription idea.[/offtopic]
flarequake wrote:This has been a very interesting read, I particularly love the post by bluewho
:thumb: Thanks flarequake
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

Has anyone read Snokoplasm yet? I thought it was brilliant and very accurate, looking forward to a multitude of articles for phandom members. As someone who denied being in the phandom for a long while for fear of being associated with the 'crazy fans', it's nice to finally have some light shed on the whole perception that the phandom in general are nuts. Which of course, we are not, but maybe we are just a little bit. Enough to make life interesting, at least.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I just got access to idb again!!! For some reason after the migration I couldn't access it and was being told that it 'timed out', but then I tried going on using data instead of Internet and it is working for me. Does anyone have experience with this issue. Sorry this is very OT
soma
phillion/danosaur <//3

Dat feel when "danisnotonfire is now online" in guild wars
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Also snokoplasm was really good! I love the cover, the Twitter fan account recommendations ( tb to how to befriend your fav internet stars), the condescending articles part, and omg the conspiracy theories portion- amazing- and pretty much the whole thing. It was all very entertaining
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

As someone pointed out on twitter...

Dan hasn't tweeted in days...

I wonder if Phil composted him and now he is giving life to Phil's plants.

If so, hello Dan-shroom

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged