Dan & Phil Part 21: Say Howdy to InDepthBants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Recording tomorrow for the documentary maybe? Only non-TATINOF-spoilery thing I can think of.
First thought was doing a proper recording of The Internet Is Here. Maybe. But I don't envy Dan having to do that with the way he's coughing tonight...
Also: Dan, sweetie, It's WEDNESDAY. ;) Don't get your days confused when you have stuff to do and flights to catch hun. Never ends well. :facepalm:
Last edited by DryCereal on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
blueapple_x
flower crown

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Recording tomorrow for the documentary maybe? Only non-TATINOF-spoilery thing I can think of.
He said voice recording right? Hm, idk. Maybe another audiobook type thing where they read the captions for the pictures and explain things more?
majitzu
angel bean

blueapple_x wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Recording tomorrow for the documentary maybe? Only non-TATINOF-spoilery thing I can think of.
He said voice recording right? Hm, idk. Maybe another audiobook type thing where they read the captions for the pictures and explain things more?
No way the book is more pics than words
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Holy shit that book cover is disgusting and ugly af. THAT EMOJI. Yuck.

But a photobook huh. Ok. Fair enough, I didn't expect walls of text for this one. But that's some pretty easy moneymaking right there. No doubt there'll be people going on and on about all the ~effort~ D&P put into it though. :roll:

And yeah I'm still bitter about them disconnecting from the world and their audience for two months all for a second book. I didn't even want (or really like) the first one. :sideeye:
pixlexia wrote: Edit: Did Dan just throw some serious shade towards other Youtubers?
Someone said something about "Other youtubers are obsessed with you guys" and his response was "Yeah, because other Youtubers want to have an audience that actually pays attention to them."
lmao get rekt Jack Howard.
Kathrynxjane wrote:Dan "I don't want to leave you for three weeks. I treasure this time together"

Bitch you left us for 2 months not long ago!!!!!! :facepalm:
Wait I'll fix it. "I don't wanna leave you for three weeks, unless I prepare to drop another book on y'all. I treasure this time together, but I treasure money more." (Disclaimer: THIS IS A JOKE.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lilMango
morning quiff

Alright. I'm a bit of a stalker and my favorite thing is to analyze their computer screens. At this point, this should be no surprise to you. I'm literal trash.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I screenshotted the part of the liveshow where Dan holds up his computer. Kinda fuzzy, but I attempted to at least recognize what sites he was on.
Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter...
But there appear to be two Twitter tabs. The thing is, they're slightly different shades of blue.
I took some more screenshots.
Hmm...
And I took one from tumblr as well, because why not?
(bonus points because it looks like he's flipping us off)Image
I tried enhancing the images and making them sharper but it did absolutely nothing.
What could the other mysterious blue site be? Any other weird stuff that I missed?
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

in the first screencaps it definitely looks like two different shades of blue, but in the tumblr screencap it doesn't??? maybe it's just the potato camera playing a trick on us?

i wish i could tell what the other websites are

also that laptop screen looks incredibly small next to his giant hands
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Just a heads up that you can watch the full liveshow on Dan's tumblr, yesss.

http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/post/1 ... 9425990246
lilMango
morning quiff

trashqueen wrote:in the first screencaps it definitely looks like two different shades of blue, but in the tumblr screencap it doesn't??? maybe it's just the potato camera playing a trick on us?

i wish i could tell what the other websites are

also that laptop screen looks incredibly small next to his giant hands
Yea but this is what happens when I zoom SUPER far into the tumblr one
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
blueapple_x
flower crown

majitzu wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
No way the book is more pics than words
I know, I'm just thinking because tbh even though it was interesting hearing them read tabinof, I don't think recording audio was necessary for that as that book contained a lot of pictures too. Ah well, we'll find out eventually

Also, from the sounds of it, I don't think that the Australian or European tours will be in the book but I could be wrong. The way Dan spoke about it made it sounds quite finalized with the 2000 photos picked.
ironic
lady door

trashqueen wrote:danisnotonphil firstly hi welcome to idb, but i have to ask why on earth did you register if you had been lurking and knew how idb rolled, codependency jokes, respectfully stalking and everything else, and you didn't like it? it just seems like a waste of both your time and ours
But it's not like we all here share the same type of humour anyway. There's a lot of different points of view and a lot of different conversations going on, why do you think people shouldn't bother to register just because they find one or the other thing unfunny (or in some cases just don't get the sarcasm/the joke )?

And (not directed at you, trashqueen, but in general) don't expect new posters to know every detail of every discussion that was already made, Jesus, there's 20 threads here, not to mention GG. It's okay not to know everything, and it's okay to express it when something concerns you. Tell me if I'm wrong, I'll gtfo
mysterylovescompany wrote:Just a heads up that you can watch the full liveshow on Dan's tumblr, yesss.

God bless, I missed it and I want to hear this incredible shade
pixlexia wrote:Someone said something about "Other youtubers are obsessed with you guys" and his response was "Yeah, because other Youtubers want to have an audience that actually pays attention to them."
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

lilMango wrote: And I took one from tumblr as well, because why not?
(bonus points because it looks like he's flipping us off)Image
damn he even manages to shame us for our stalking, why must we be so problematic :gg:

Also, what's up with that Tumblr thing? First he does the "hello everybody, welcome to the liveshow" on tumblr instead of YouNow, then he finds a silly excuse to explain why he is wearing a tumblr cap. Do you think it's a (not-so) subtle hint at us to go on tumblr to see the less laggy liveshow and notice that it is available on replay on there afterwards? Or spon?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
eevee
emo goose

My thoughts as I was watching it:
DId he say 22k pictures?? And we only get 2,000 of them?? Excuse me I feel totally jipped?

Dan's still sick?? He was supposed to be better a week and a half ago!! Dan's so skeptical of the doctors, it's kinda funny :lol:

#DAPGO ? I like #DeppyGO better.

No signings....but we will be doing something cool that people can get involved with.....um........

He called the bodyguard Drake!

Dan has an 1800 CP Vaporeon, wtf

We have no idea how many times Dan has tried to catch Phil...that is so cute

Fuck he was gonna show us more pictures but he deleted them?? Did he just realize there are pics we can't see in the camera roll?

Going to a recording booth tomorrow...um...audiobook of the picturebook? excuse?

Instagram didn't pay him!!!!! Wow. But they did ask him to use it.....But he's not gonna use it regularly. Of course. "kind of funny to leave it mysterious" DAN

"Dan and Phil should be vibrant" sacrificing your own aesthetic for Phil's....how cute

Oh my god the Squirrel story made me laugh out loud alone in public...thanks Dan

What needs to go for his 2016 Branding....how about the glass closet?

The Box is Not On Fire...beautiful

I love the random singing and humming

And then I had to go back to the office!
Looking forward to see what he said for the last 15 minutes, I tried to listen to it on my phone through LTE while I was walking back, but it was very skippy and laggy. He talked about politics a little, that's all I caught. Well at least we can watch it on his tumblr now? :D
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
kay
phabergé

shikaritrash wrote: Also, what's up with that Tumblr thing? First he does the "hello everybody, welcome to the liveshow" on tumblr instead of YouNow, then he finds a silly excuse to explain why he is wearing a tumblr cap. Do you think it's a (not-so) subtle hint at us to go on tumblr to see the less laggy liveshow and notice that it is available on replay on there afterwards? Or spon?
I'd think not in this case because wouldn't he want a large audience viewing the live show to make sure YouNow keeps them on as spon? If we all miss the live show and catch the replay only, it would negatively impact his influence with YouNow.

I haven't had a chance to watch it but IG didn't pay him... wow! Color me surprised that with all the time he/they firmly said no to Snapchat that he tries out on the first day to use IG technology that is basically the exact same thing. Yes he's all about technology and new things as someone said before but it's no secret he's not really into DITL/vloggy stuff (as in, making them on his own channel) so combine that with his firm no against Snapchat, I really didn't see him doing this without spon being attached to it.
eevee wrote:My thoughts as I was watching it:
What needs to go for his 2016 Branding....how about the glass closet?
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

Another seven pages to catch up on !
Thoughts
Book: Not a surprise but thank god it‘s confirmed. I haven't bought TABINOF yet but I love books so ill get both eventually. the cover is awful but i get why they did it that way.

LS: I want to see that shade! And i agree with him i think we are the most dedicated youtube fandom out there and people/other youtubers might be jealous about that they crave for people stalking , making fanfictions and crazy theories about them; well i hope to see it to give a better opinion.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

mysterylovescompany wrote:Just a heads up that you can watch the full liveshow on Dan's tumblr, yesss.

The recorded Tumblr version is lag free for me, unlike the laggy / stuttery live YouNow version. I wonder if the live Tumblr stream was lag free - hope so. Tumblr is owned by Yahoo, and Verizon is a partner (soon to own) Yahoo, and Verizon is my ISP so they get a good connection....
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I was a bit zazzed about the Drake mentions by Dan ;)
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

achika wrote:
shikaritrash wrote: Also, what's up with that Tumblr thing? First he does the "hello everybody, welcome to the liveshow" on tumblr instead of YouNow, then he finds a silly excuse to explain why he is wearing a tumblr cap. Do you think it's a (not-so) subtle hint at us to go on tumblr to see the less laggy liveshow and notice that it is available on replay on there afterwards? Or spon?
I'd think not in this case because wouldn't he want a large audience viewing the live show to make sure YouNow keeps them on as spon? If we all miss the live show and catch the replay only, it would negatively impact his influence with YouNow.
It does make sense and I agree with you, this would be weird if it was indeed what he did. But all the tumblr stuff in on single ls was a bit too much of a coincidence for me.
uglyamerican wrote:

The recorded Tumblr version is lag free for me, unlike the laggy / stuttery live YouNow version. I wonder if the live Tumblr stream was lag free - hope so. Tumblr is owned by Yahoo, and Verizon is a partner (soon to own) Yahoo, and Verizon is my ISP so they get a good connection....
The live version was lag free as well, it was so pleasing! Shoutout to Tumblr doing something right for once!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

This might be a stupid question but is it possible that tumblr is the solution that all parties involved with this came to re: subscriptions since Phil was going to talk to younow before changing anything for him and Dan? I ask because Deppy are insanely popular on/with both sites. Or I guess a better question would be...has younow/tumblr been announced as a new thing, do we know if anyone else on younow has appeared on tumblr.
bluewho
truth bomb

LurkingTrash wrote:Hey guys, you can rewatch the liveshow on his tumblr now, but better save it if he deletes or younow changes the settings or something. ;)
Thanks for letting me know I tried to watch it live but the lag was too depressing for me to cope with :wahh: So I thought I would wait and have faith that a non-laggy version would appear on the internet. He looks so cute in the thumbnail I'm going to watch it before sleep

Re: Go Outside - I'm happy for you all that you all seem excited for it For me personally I'm not interested enough in the content to get it, even less so than I was TABINOF (which I have now relented and bought and am to my surprise enjoying immensely ).
I'm so excited by the prospect of two documentary things from them, and the fact that I get to see TATINOF via that, that I am not upset by the second book being just photos. I can't wait to see the show after I've read so much positive stuff about it

While I'm loathe to get involved danisnotonphil, since I think it could be referring in part to something I said I will address this briefly.
trashqueen wrote: why on earth did you register if you had been lurking and knew how idb rolled, codependency jokes, respectfully stalking and everything else, and you didn't like it? it just seems like a waste of both your time and ours
I have to agree with this.
danisnotonphil wrote:Also i read something about being "respectful stalkers" somewhere? That's an oxymoron.
Someone else on here (I think it was trashqueen actually, but I could be wrong) came up with the term, which I remember finding hilarious when I was lurking, so when I signed up I named my intro thread using the joke. You've probably either seen it in the main thread like I did back in June sometime, or seen the title of my intro thread. The reason I found it amusing is because, as pointed out recently we're all here because we have an interest in to the extent that we make and read threads 40 pages long about them on a regular basis - which doesn't do any harm whilst still demonstrating that we have an interest in following what they are doing with their career. The humor comes from the fact that it is an oxymoron. The term was originally deployed as a tool to bash people who were actually stalking/harassing if I remember correctly, and it therefore implicitly condemns actual stalking/harassment, while encouraging harmless fangirling - I don't see what is problematic about this.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Welcome to the forum danisnotonphil, we welcome all different opinions on here so enjoy your stay :) we don't really bite that often, honest :)
Kathrynxjane wrote:Dan "I don't want to leave you for three weeks. I treasure this time together"

Bitch you left us for 2 months not long ago!!!!!! :facepalm:
I was relieved to hear him say that they would be back by the end of August. I don't think I could handle another 2 month drought! It's been so nice to have his liveshows back, I really enjoy them. He can be hella sarcastic and funny in them and this is the Dan I really enjoy watching. Videos are great but I wanna watch non edited Dan.
I enjoyed his liveshow tonight as always, glad his Doctor finally gave him some steroids (I only recommended that 2 weeks ago Dan, employ me as your doctor already), his cough still sounds annoying though. He will have a horrible flight if they don't clear than infection beforehand, and working on stage won't help it if it's not gone completely.
His opinions on politics were great, I always enjoy this side of Dan, the more serious business less answering silly questions Dan. Also, shade those other clickbaity youtubers, we all agree 100%
lilMango wrote: Yea but this is what happens when I zoom SUPER far into the tumblr one
It's the IDB logo*

*i joke. it's two Twitter icons and the tumblr icon at the end.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

:D Typical Dan keeping his IDB attraction all blurry. I'm trying to think of ways to force Dan to talk about politics. I'm considering photoshopping pictures of him declaring his loyalty to ISIS, out of context quotes that make it look like he supports the annexation of Crimea or simply trying to get the launch codes of the US nuclear arsenal and threaten nuclear holocaust unless get gets in depth with those political bants.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
000dia000
emo goose

eevee wrote: He called the bodyguard Drake!
Who started the Drake nickname? Was it someone here on IDB or am I hallucinating that part?

Regarding #DAPGO
Okay, I studied Graphic Design and my eyes hurt after the reveal of the cover, I can barely make the title of it out and it look like a great big collage of random crap, to put it mildly,

However, as I am an absolute piece of I will be made poor this November
It's gotten to the point where they could monetize their internet history and make a bloody fortune.
:cactus:
bluewho
truth bomb

Stakhanov we need to get Opinion/Political Dan out of his cave I need him to be sassy about UK politics stat
missemma wrote:
lilMango wrote: Yea but this is what happens when I zoom SUPER far into the tumblr one
It's the IDB logo*

*i joke. it's two Twitter icons and the tumblr icon at the end.

Jeez, he could've at least tried to hide his incessant lurking on this website :roll:
000dia000 wrote:It's gotten to the point where they could monetize their internet history and make a bloody fortune.
Now that I would buy, go figure
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

bluewho wrote:
danisnotonphil wrote:Also i read something about being "respectful stalkers" somewhere? That's an oxymoron.
Someone else on here (I think it was trashqueen actually, but I could be wrong) came up with the term, which I remember finding hilarious when I was lurking, so when I signed up I named my intro thread using the joke. You've probably either seen it in the main thread like I did back in June sometime, or seen the title of my intro thread. The reason I found it amusing is because, as pointed out recently we're all here because we have an interest in to the extent that we make and read threads 40 pages long about them on a regular basis - which doesn't do any harm whilst still demonstrating that we have an interest in following what they are doing with their career. The humor comes from the fact that it is an oxymoron. The term was originally deployed as a tool to bash people who were actually stalking/harassing if I remember correctly, and it therefore implicitly condemns actual stalking/harassment, while encouraging harmless fangirling - I don't see what is problematic about this.
I'm going to jump in here and defend my title as the person who coined ''respectful stalker,'' as this has been my only meaningful contribution to the forum so far. Also, I love it when Dan stops pretending to be all neutral and diplomatic and turns into the shady bitch we all know he is.
Last edited by coffee pig on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
uglyamerican
woodland creature

missemma wrote: I was relieved to hear him say that they would be back by the end of August. I don't think I could handle another 2 month drought! It's been so nice to have his liveshows back, I really enjoy them. He can be hella sarcastic and funny in them and this is the Dan I really enjoy watching. Videos are great but I wanna watch non edited Dan.
NGL, I love sarcastic Dan - he amuses the sh*t out of me, the kawaii guy. LSs are fun (when not lagging.) :roll:
missemma wrote: ....glad his Doctor finally gave him some steroids (I only recommended that 2 weeks ago Dan, employ me as your doctor already), his cough still sounds annoying though. He will have a horrible flight if they don't clear than infection beforehand, and working on stage won't help it if it's not gone completely.
Yea, the steroids should help. He also looks skinnier, noticeable in the UT vid - at least in his torso, but not his face - which is good. I cannot help but to think that he irritated his bronchi and larynx during the tour, which probably precipitated his infection. Obviously he doesn't feel sick, because he SHOULD be resting his voice - but I don't see him being able to sit quietly ;) Anyway, if a doc said he would be better in 3 days, wtf? Pneumonia takes much longer than that to clear up. Glad he went to a specialist - besides the steriods, I wonder what new / additional antibiotic they put him on?
missemma wrote: Also, shade those other clickbaity youtubers, we all agree 100%
Yea, I was a bit surprised by this - Dan usually is more diplomatic / non-committal. But the 8-) is long overdue. I watched some a-hole criticize Dan's diss track - while wearing a hood like some Al-Qaeda assassin - what a prick. I'm not a huge YouTube fan, so I'm pretty selective about who I follow - but anybody who uses the boys as clickbait gets blacklisted.