Dan & Phil Part 21: Say Howdy to InDepthBants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bluebox-away
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

Well it was overacted and basically just #spon for the tour but that was to be expected. Loved it all the same, particularly Dan calling Phil 'precious', Phil's comment about his liking Tan Dan and, of course, Phil nudging Dan and 'are you excited that you get to be on a plane with me for 23 hours' :lol:
Kind of surprised by the STD section as that and all Dan's swearing over spiders both didn't feel very AmazingPhil appropriate, maybe he's' going for the more adult rebrand? Probs not but I can hope
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

This was such a cute video even if the 'game' they played was shit lol
I loved the flirty bit about the plane ride and I can't deal with how blue Phils eyes are because of the shirt.
I hate that they put the spider picture tho, I opened my eyes before they said to open accidentally and I will have nightmares for ages asdfghj
Also the loud music in the middle lol but overall I really liked the video, I'm smiling like an idiot at them.
corn flakes
moon room

, nothing worth watching another time, I agree with the acting, like was it needed on the onesie?
The costume was less cute of what I had expected and what was the music at 4:46? it covered their voices, or was it made on purpose?
Also that spider :shock:
Dan's little laugh at 8:03
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

LurkingTrash wrote:Also the loud music in the middle lol
Oh yeah I meant to mention that. Assume it was down to an editing rush job since they only filmed yesterday.

I won't bitch and moan though cos even for most youtubers that's a quick turnaround from filming to uploading, and by deppy's standards that's beyond quick (particularly when in pre-travel mode with presumably loads to get done). I'd take an editing blunder over it being uploaded later tbh.

Going back to watch it again
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
blueapple_x
flower crown

Lol well that was enjoyable. Plenty innuendos.

"Little D", and Phil tugging at it at 2:02, "I do not give you consent to stroke my Joey, Phil", "time to wack this off"

The editing (or lack thereof) in the middle with the loud music was pretty funny. Also liked the cute teasing moment at 7:20 and Dan's expression during it all and Phil's casual 'what the hells' lol.

Also, Phil's "I miss that time" in regards to Dan being tan was amusing.

I'm not too bothered that they were pretending Dan didn't already know about the kangaroo onesie
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh that video was cute. They were cute. Damn them.

Dan's fond smiling at Phil while trolling him about drop bears
Dan saying Phil is precious
Phil missing tanned Dan
Phil nudging Dan about spending 23 hours together on a plane together playing I Spy.

And there were some cute moments that weren't very scripted and less persona heavy fuck yes sign me up for natural D&P bantz.

Editing fail with the loud out of place music somewhere in the middle there, but stuff like that happens especially since this video seemed to have been edited in a rush. Dan acting all dramatic about definitely not knowing about the kangaroo suit was a bit eyeroll worthy, but didn't bother me too much. I don't like his hair though. :(

Going back to the keys thing, there was also that time a few years ago where Phil had forgotten the house keys in France and Dan didn't have his because he left them in the flat during the trip. So at least when they're travelling, they only take one set of keys.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rhythmicsummer
phillion/danosaur <//3

The over the top reactions annoy me so much as I notice it all the time where as before I was so oblivious to it. Oh well, the video did have some cute moments so it was okay.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Loved the video, can we have more of this innuendo filled, dirty jokes type Phil please.
Him hitting Dan when he said about being in the flight together was my favourite bit.
Also, moaning about a cramped flight? Dudes, you go first class so stop whining, you aren't in cattle class with no leg room. Think of us back there whilst you're sleeping on the chair that turns into a bed, pfft cramped.

Also #teamshavedsides. Love Dans haircut
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
stella
living flop

That video was really cute! Obviously quite scripted but it was adorable anyway.

The loud music in the middle, lol! I thought it was coming from another tab or something, I was so confused.

I mean, yeah, it was a spon, but it was the good kind of spon. A lowkey spon. I feel like I need a word for that... lowspon? lospon? what am I talking about I need coffee
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Goodness but that was cute. How bouncy and excited can Phil be? And so incredibly pretty especially with that fin on his head Cheeky shit only wearing that and leaving the onesie for Dan. Great they did the Aussie video with the kangaroo outfit after all. Dan's claws were on point, though the dinosaur suits him better overall. I'm so here for pretty bouncy Phil, though.
DryCereal
koi pond

Definitely all in favour of giddy, excitable being toxically cute and cheeky.

In fact, if that’s the level of trash-inducing video we get as a consolation, I’m all for Phil cancelling all future LSs forever. Just sayin’

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

A poem:

why was Phil so cute in this video
they disgust me
I hate them both
them and their stupid book
leave the country
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

"It was cute and furry" - Kuensukki, 2016.

Nice vid.

Highlights:

- Dan please cut the crap on the "OMG a KanGaRoO onesie?". But I forgive you because #teamshavedsides.
- It was kind of ingenious to recycle the Anime idea for a cheeky spon of the Australian leg.
- Phil looked specially nice and adorable in this video (and those legs did help his cause).
- Someone (side eyes to Phil) needs to update his editing skills, and not only because of the last Undertale video. I got a tad paranoid for a second trying to figure out why my laptop was randomly playing music.

And now...we shall welcome...the Australian drought of content.
Winston
flower crown

My favorite part was when Phil told Dan about the "foot away from a spider" . Dan's reaction seemed genuine. He knew about the spiders, but maybe not that statistic. Haha I'm just glad fish can't just crawl into my bed unbeknownst to me, and they stay where they are supposed to. I feel for you Dan. Have fun with those aussi arachnids. :platonic:

Also #teamshavedsides!
actions speak louder than words
lilMango
morning quiff

bedhead91 wrote:A poem:

why was Phil so cute in this video
they disgust me
I hate them both
them and their stupid book
leave the country
*furious snapping*

Loved the video, flirty Phil is my favorite Phil!! Good liveshow replacement.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Winston
flower crown

In the background Lion has a new friend. :)

Also is that Dan’s cactus on the bedside table? His is the little round one right? Did Phil adopt it?
actions speak louder than words
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That video was great, with so many cute moments. Will certainly rewatch a few times.
Winston wrote:In the background Lion has a new friend. :)
I hadn't even noticed it, but it's very cute.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Loved how relaxed, chill, and flirty Phil was in this video. Of course some parts were obviously acted (particularly the surprise at the Kangaroo onesie), but some parts felt more natural to me than usual. My first thought about the out of nowhere music was that it was hurriedly used to cover something they didn't want included. But then, when I thought more about it, they would have completely edited it out. You guys are probably right that it's an editing error.

Since I'm phan and love the heart/love-eyes moments (not necessarily as proof but more of they make me feel warm and tingly inside and oh-so-giddy), I usually am on the look-out for that. I have to say that in this vid there was more on Phil's side this time when it's usually seen more on Dan on most of their videos. About the last react video, people on Tumblr were also commenting on Phil being more love-eyes in that vid too. Not totally sure whether he does that more, or we are just seeing things we want to see, but nevertheless, those moments are hella cute.

Though I know this was spon, I want more giddy phan like this in the future. This video made me giggle both because of the innuendos and just because their chemistry was off the charts in this one.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Philena
blobfish

Loved the video. Like others said, the mix of scripted/unscripted allowed the video to flow nicely and was much more entertaining for me. Phil was adorably sweet for the duration.
I actually am #teampoofyhair for Dan, shaved sides or not. Too flat for me today.
8:02 Dan's, "Can you imagine?" Seemed so genuine. Love the mental image of him boarding an international flight in a onesie
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

No offense, but I find it hilarious that some people think Phil talking about STDs is a sign that he's moving towards a more ''grown-up'' AmazingPhil. You guys did see the part where he was like, ''Look, I can do a little fin dance.....'' ٭whips head back and forth٭
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Philena
blobfish

bedhead91 wrote:No offense, but I find it hilarious that some people think Phil talking about STDs is a sign that he's moving towards a more ''grown-up'' AmazingPhil. You guys did see the part where he was like, ''Look, I can do a little fin dance.....'' ٭whips head back and forth٭
I mean, really! It felt like watching an adorable, precocious child hamming it up for the camera I loved it, though
mrrobot
dank meme

I love Phil's shirt he looks nice with toned down colors or black. (That's probably just me because I dislike BRIGHT things). Also I love Dan's hair specially after he took off the kangaroo hat. Shaved sides are great I have them myself!q1! beautiful

FAVE MOMENTS
"Nice roast there Phil."

The cut after the little D joke I imagine Dan scandalously laughing at himself for being able to pull of a serious face and Phil laughing at Dan's laugh.

EVIL KOALAS THAT JUMP ON HUMANS oh my god I was thinking "HOW PRECIOUS THAT HE BELIEVED" and then Dan said "you're so precious". cute

what the fuck was that loud song I immediately thought some other tab started to play something

Phil: HANG OUT WITH ME ON A PLANE FOR 23 HOURS *SMILES* *TOUCHES DAN A LOT*
Dan: hides face, sighs, can't stop smiling
they r so good together I want vlogs

also can someone tell me the time phil comments on missing tan dan i missed it and do not have the patience to watch it again
full-time internet homo and irl too
also Image
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Ok, you know what, I'd like to rescind around 10% of my love for this video for one reason alone...

STOP SPAMMING FUCKING EMOJIS TO PEOPLE ON TWITTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I'm sorry but its so boring and frankly cheap. This is one instance where he could really take a leaf out of Dan's book and actually reply to people about his video. I look forward to going to Dan's twitter after he's posted a video (lbr, usually a gaming video) to see what he's said. When I go to Phil's I'm just assaulted by a topical emoji and I'm not here for it.

And frankly, even if some people are happily freaking out cos Phil tweeted them a koala - wouldn't they have preferred actual words which were specifically for/in response to you?

To me its like rubber-stamping your signature. Lazy, cheap and if that's all you're going to do you probably shouldn't bother doing anything at all.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
Winston wrote:In the background Lion has a new friend. :)
I hadn't even noticed it, but it's very cute.
Not just that... internet dating Guinea Pig is back. Trolling!Confirmed.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
DeadlyNova
living flop

That video was precious and I absolutely loved it.

Dan's shaved sides don't look as bad in it as I thought. It's not terrible. I'm glad Phil didn't get shaved sides, though.