Dan & Phil Part 21: Say Howdy to InDepthBants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
uglyamerican
woodland creature

eevee wrote:
Wow the shaved sides look particularly awful in this pic no offense Dan and anyone else who is on #teamshavedsides

The hobbit hair almost saves it but.....not quite
No offense taken - it might just take more time for some to convert to #teamshavedsides :) The close cut short sides works with Dan's natural hair. It looks great and is easy to maintain, while still lending itself to pressing when he feels the need to primp up / get on brand.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Shaved sides + curly hair = beautiful Dan. I approve. #teamshavedsides
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

mysterylovescompany wrote:
Shaved sides + curly hair = beautiful Dan. I approve. #teamshavedsides
When you hate yourself for scheduling your bday trip to HK next week. Waaah! I envy those people who met them.

I love poodle Dan. #FreeTheCurls2k16
spider
ar·tic·u·late

swofro wrote:I wish we can have hobbit hair sometimes because in my mind, that will work well with shaved side compared to now.
Thanks swofro. Next can you wish for me to win the lottery?

Captain of team shaved sides and hobbit hair.
Thanks Hong Kong for the humidity.

Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

They look even more hot and steamy as usual, god bless this humid Hong Kong heat defying their futile attempts to keep their hair neat and styled ^^
How warm is it even over there? 35 degrees Celsius? 120 fahrenheit? 5000 degrees Kelvin?
We should do away with these ancient imperial and metric systems and introduce an new internationally accepted standard for measuring temperature that's based on the amount of curly locks in Dan's hair.
I'd definitely watch the weather channel more.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Whereisvinci
tol bean
Pronouns: She/her

After seeing all the photos I hate myself for not going outside because of the horrendous heat :cry: I'm missing possibly the only chance I get to meet them :|
For ref today's humidity is around 80%, perfect for hobbit hair to emerge
I would never understand why Dan would wear the weed jumper. All I could wear in summer is t-shirts and shorts.
Nothing more to say so I'll just shut up
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

By the amount of curls that made an appearance I'm seriously worried they're going to become puddles in HK and no more tour or vids for us (but I am forever grateful that they never wear tank tops)
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

spider wrote:
swofro wrote:I wish we can have hobbit hair sometimes because in my mind, that will work well with shaved side compared to now.
Thanks swofro. Next can you wish for me to win the lottery?

Captain of team shaved sides and hobbit hair.
Thanks Hong Kong for the humidity.
I actually forgot I said that
I wish I can meet Deppy next. Hahaha.

#teamnoshavedside
Love is forever
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

phamnotof wrote:
You know, personally, I think the only unusual thing about that onsie situation is that this time, we were explicitly told they'd bought it beforehand. And I appreciate that it might ruin the immersion for someone, but I suppose it comes with engaging with someone on this level? Like watching a liveshow, as was pointed out already, puts you in a minority in itself. Remembering a random kangaroo onsie story from a few weeks ago even further cemments that. I mean, as was celebrated a few pages ago, this forum now has 666 members. Putting that next to a ls audience, much less the audience eventual of the video? Very telling.

And to me, it's actually immensely cool. It's like a tiny but very tangible proof that the relationship they've got with their GA is a far different one they have with the most engaged part of their fandom. Like we're allowed in behind that imaginary 4th wall specifically because there's few of us, we care on a different level and are willing to put in the time to think about the process that goes into making these videos. I, for one, love being a part of that conversation.

And as far as the actual onsie goes, the way I read it is that it's really nothing out of the ordinary. Neither real nor fake. But an acted out reaction likely similar to the one Dan had when they first got it. Exaggerated, yes. Fake - unlikely. YT is a really specific kind of performed self, and I'd say that the more realistically you can condense your (relatively) authentic self and reactions into these 10 minutes tibids, the better content creator you are. And they did a pretty fantastic job with this video, I'd say. (Except for that random loud music thing, what the hell was that? :D)
Couldn't agree with this more

Loving all the photos from HK today, Dan definitely looks hot! Poor guy, knowing how much he sweats it must be so uncomfortable, no wonder he has that baggy weed jumper on, will hide the fact he's sweating. Just gonna jump on the bandwagon though and say the hair looks hot af, embrace those curls.
Stakhanov wrote: We should do away with these ancient imperial and metric systems and introduce an new internationally accepted standard for measuring temperature that's based on the amount of curly locks in Dan's hair.
id sign up for that.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Winston
flower crown

[offtopic]on my lunch break and watching deppy Pokemon GO vid. I closed my eyes cause it's Monday and Im fricken tired. Either my mind is just in the gutter or 9:13-9:30 is pretty funny. Just saying. It made me laugh. [/offtopic]
actions speak louder than words
Rigby
lady door

000dia000 wrote:I'm loving how the meet and greet pics advance, so do the volume of curls.
I was thinking the same thing! I can't stop laughing!

I'm on team #shavedhobbit. Wait, no, that sounds terrifying

I get that Dan's using dark clothes to hide the fact that he's sweating (I do it from time to time myself) but HE HAS BLACK T-SHIRTS, USE THOSE! As someone who suffers a lot from the heat, that makes me really anxious lol.
vortexofphan
drama llama

Rigby wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I'm loving how the meet and greet pics advance, so do the volume of curls.
I was thinking the same thing! I can't stop laughing!

I'm on team #shavedhobbit. Wait, no, that sounds terrifying

I get that Dan's using dark clothes to hide the fact that he's sweating (I do it from time to time myself) but HE HAS BLACK T-SHIRTS, USE THOSE! As someone who suffers a lot from the heat, that makes me really anxious lol.
On the plus side, I think he's wearing shorts not jeans. Phil's the right and Dan's the left?
anathema
morning quiff

vortexofphan wrote:
On the plus side, I think he's wearing shorts not jeans. Phil's the right and Dan's the left?
Yeah, you can also see here:
He's still crazy for wearing a sweater, though.

[offtopic]Also, hi! I've lurked here forever and finally decided to get my shit together and make an account, lmao.[/offtopic]
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
kay
phabergé

Do mine eyes deceive me or does Phil (and Phil's legs) look a little more tan than normal?
anathema wrote:
vortexofphan wrote:
Yeah, you can also see here:
He's still crazy for wearing a sweater, though.

[offtopic]Also, hi! I've lurked here forever and finally decided to get my shit together and make an account, lmao.[/offtopic]
Augh, look at that lady in the foreground sweating up a storm and just in a tee! Cmon Dan buy one of those horrible tourist t-shirts that has HONG KONG splattered over it in a horrible font. You'll feel cooler and we can make fun of you, we'll both win.

Hi and welcome anathema!
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Welcome anathema! :platonic:

Oldie I recently found:

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Uhf, ever-curlier hair and both of them in long tight shorts. If I wasn't already signed up...
trinitypixi
tol bean

Ticia wrote:Welcome anathema! :platonic:

Oldie I recently found:

Havent seen that picture before.

Does Dan still follow Hatti Rex on Twitter ?
'Never take ice cream from a guy named Wyatt' - Rex Everybody wants to be Poppy
anathema
morning quiff

trinitypixi wrote:

Oldie I recently found:

Yeah, he does. She still follows him too.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

anathema wrote:
trinitypixi wrote:

Oldie I recently found:

Yeah, he does. She still follows him too.
''If anyone's going to have a lesbian relationship with Dan, it's me.'' Bryony is a gift and this fandom doesn't deserve her.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Winston
flower crown

I've seen this pic but never knew who that was. Just thought it was some girl at a party. Who is she?
actions speak louder than words
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

I had to go cool off after seeing those curly hair pics. Shit son.

I'm #teamshavedsidesifhedidthetopofhishairproperlywithvolumeandtextureandmovementbutotherwisenothankyou

Think the shaved sides work better with wavy hair rather than a full on curl. Would have LOVED to see that curly mop without the shaved sides. I'd have been sweating harder than Dan in that jumper.

While I'm being thirsty as fuck can I take a moment to draw your collective attention to this:

The way Phil looks at Dan at 6:18 is like the eye-fucking saga from the halloween baking vid all over again. I think he enjoyed Dan with his aussie accent (join the club pal)

I've always had a sneaking suspicion Phil looks at the camera all the time because he knows how he looks at Dan and struggles to neutralise his face unless he's mugging. Shit like that ^ has me doubling down on that theory.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
anathema
morning quiff

Lurktacularr wrote:
The way Phil looks at Dan at 6:18 is like the eye-fucking saga from the halloween baking vid all over again. I think he enjoyed Dan with his aussie accent (join the club pal)

I've always had a sneaking suspicion Phil looks at the camera all the time because he knows how he looks at Dan and struggles to neutralise his face unless he's mugging. Shit like that ^ has me doubling down on that theory.
Personally I've never bought into the whole "The way Phil looks at Dan" thing and vice versa. Even when I was a hard-core shipper, the ways they looked at each other were all normal to me :lol:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Whereisvinci wrote: I would never understand why Dan would wear the weed jumper. All I could wear in summer is t-shirts and shorts.
First, I think he does it to torque the Phandom. Secondly, I think he wears it on the plane because planes can get cold. Thirdly, I think it's mostly wrinkle-proof. But why, why, why wear a black sweater when it is scorching hot? Dan is such a slave to fashion, to the point of tempting heat stroke. :facepalm:
000dia000
emo goose

I just thought we could divert our attention for a moment to this post from tumblr about sharing clothes:
Personally, it feels spot on but some of you guys can notice small details others do not, so feel free to pick apart of the seams (quite literally) on their shirts. Asides from that, I always found it kind of cute how they have similar pieces of clothing to each other (that is aside from cases where they downright share borrow items)
:cactus:
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

000dia000 wrote:I just thought we could divert our attention for a moment to this post from tumblr about sharing clothes:
Personally, it feels spot on but some of you guys can notice small details others do not, so feel free to pick apart of the seams (quite literally) on their shirts. Asides from that, I always found it kind of cute how they have similar pieces of clothing to each other (that is aside from cases where they downright share borrow items)
I got excited when I first saw that post. Unfortunately, those are different shirts. Dan has the stars design near the colar of the shirt. While Phil shirt has the dinosaur design on the chest area.