Dan & Phil Part 21: Say Howdy to InDepthBants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

Yasss, Dan with the sad dimple out and Phil with glasses.

Still hating the shaved side. Haha. Soz Dan, you can do better.

I wonder what Phil's video gonna be, and if the Aussie Tatinof spon video will ever gonna be made.
Love is forever
stella
living flop

I am NOT a fan of the shaved sides :cry: I miss 2014 hair...

interesting choice of stopover, hong kong is a lovely city but so... hot... poor british boys in that heat!
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
starlight-still
truth bomb

Can't lie, I'm super jealous of getting to explore Australia and now it seems HK as well! Glad to see them on a much less hectic schedule than the US tour. Wonder what lil trick Phil has up his sleeve... ::coughwhere'spokemonthocoughcough::

I'm one of those weirdos who actually enjoys long flights. There's something about being neither here nor there and pretty much having no other choice but to chill out that makes them relaxing, as long as you have some time to revive yourself afterwards before going on to do whatever it is you're going to do. But I'm also the type who would rather take a long train journey than a super short flight so

Cathay choice doesn't seem too strange as I was actually searching some dates earlier and all of the best fares that popped up were on it. Maybe they just nabbed a deal on there and decided a HK stopover would be more than welcome so they have a chance to nab that Asia-only pokemon.

Shaved sides...I'm ambivalent about them on Dan. Don't know why. He doesn't look terrible. He doesn't look much much better either, though talk to me again after we see that quiff. Now, if Phil rocked up with 'em I might have something to say.
Whereisvinci wrote:Just delurking to say that I'm glad that they're having a stayover here in HK! However it's not a particularly great time to visit in summer cuz it's incredilbly hot and moist :? Just standing outside for a few minutes today makes me sweat all over :| anyway hope they enjoy their stay here and I get a chance to bump into them
Welcome! :platonic: Seeing new parts of the world experience the joy that is deppy-in-your-backyard is always a pleasure.

Edit: swofro, here's to your excellent Instincts
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I know the subject has already ended but I needed to say I'm #teamnoshavedsides
They look so good in all these photos, how do they do that?
(I'm very worried about Dan's health, I want a update on his lugs that doesn't sounds creepy at all)
flarequake wrote:
mermaid blood wrote: does the tumblr stream feature have playback? and if so has anyone tested it? (sorry don't have a tumblr)
Seems like tumblr does, Dan's from Wednesday is still there and playing fine.
and just in case people didn't know you can watch it even if you don't have a tumblr, just go to Dan's tumblr and hit play on the video

I hope Deppy have loads of fun in this trip.
DryCereal
koi pond

starlight-still wrote:I'm one of those weirdos who actually enjoys long flights. There's something about being neither here nor there and pretty much having no other choice but to chill out that makes them relaxing, as long as you have some time to revive yourself afterwards before going on to do whatever it is you're going to do. But I'm also the type who would rather take a long train journey than a super short flight so
Same - but only because I am scared of flying. Take-off and landing in particular. I force myself to do it sometimes, but I do sit gripping the armrests shaking - and that's on a smooth, no-fuss flight(!)

Looking forward to a vid tonight though now. :) Wonder if it's an AP, or a D&PG though...?
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Philena
blobfish

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Looking forward to a vid tonight though now. :) Wonder if it's an AP, or a D&PG though...?
Well, he used the showgirl emoji, which he typically reserves for videos with Dan. It's certainly time for an AP vid, though!

Hi guys! I've been on vacation the last two weeks and missed interacting with all of you. :platonic: I can't believe what all has happened while I was gone!!! Nice to see new faces
manged
lady door

bluewho wrote: did anybody post this yet? FYI if not.
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Looking forward to a vid tonight though now. :) Wonder if it's an AP, or a D&PG though...?

"On the way" is too vague for my liking. How can we be sure it will be up within the next few hours? What if "on the way" means tomorrow? In two days? In three? Now I gotta sit here refreshing my timeline and subscription page for a video that may or may not be "on the way". Fuck Phil I'm tired of his games.
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

manged wrote:
bluewho wrote: did anybody post this yet? FYI if not.
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Looking forward to a vid tonight though now. :) Wonder if it's an AP, or a D&PG though...?

"On the way" is too vague for my liking. How can we be sure it will be up within the next few hours? What if "on the way" means tomorrow? In two days? In three? Now I gotta sit here refreshing my timeline and subscription page for a video that may or may not be "on the way". Fuck Phil I'm tired of his games.
'On the way' says to me it won't be up tonight or else he'd have said so specifically. This is a prime damagelimitation!Phil tweet and I think he'd take every opportunity to quell any annoyance brewing in the phandom. I suspect, with them moving around, he doesn't know exactly when he'll be able to upload and so its deliberately vague.

Since we're fairly quiet at the moment, can I take a min to OT and ask what you guys think about this:

3:44 Phil: 'got keys?'

Is this me being phan af or is this a cute little coupley thing? Me and my flatmate both take our own keys even if we're going out together. Same with me and my sister who I'm very close to when I lived at home. But when I lived with my ex, only one of us would take keys out. My parents only take out one set too.

Anyone else noticed this difference irl or is it just me? Might be circumstantial, might be nothing, or might be yet another cute thing they do to add to the list (regardless of the nature of their actual relationship).

Idk man I'm bored
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Lurktacularr wrote: Since we're fairly quiet at the moment, can I take a min to OT and ask what you guys think about this:

Is this me being phan af or is this a cute little coupley thing? Me and my flatmate both take our own keys even if we're going out together. Same with me and my sister who I'm very close to when I lived at home. But when I lived with my ex, only one of us would take keys out. My parents only take out one set too.

Anyone else noticed this difference irl or is it just me? Might be circumstantial, might be nothing, or might be yet another cute thing they do to add to the list (regardless of the nature of their actual relationship).

Idk man I'm bored
aw, that is cute (independent of what type of relationship you think they might have)
thanks for pointing it out Lurktacularr, somehow I've didn't notice this bit and I've watched this particular DITL thousands of times.
mez29
procrastinator

LurkingTrash wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote: Since we're fairly quiet at the moment, can I take a min to OT and ask what you guys think about this:

Idk man I'm bored
aw, that is cute (independent of what type of relationship you think they might have)
thanks for pointing it out Lurktacularr, somehow I've didn't notice this bit and I've watched this particular DITL thousands of times.
hmm … it could mean "I've got my keys, have you got yours?" But probably not. It's cute.

Reminds me of this though, from my favourite page in tabinof.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

LurkingTrash wrote:

Idk man I'm bored
That is adorable and something I've also never noticed before! Definitely indicates a level of closeness that they're automatically going to be coming back together.

I'm pleased they took the time to have a mini holiday in Hong Kong en route, I'd guess they'll only stay a day or 2 and then carry on to Perth as their first show is on Friday already. I recently flew from London to Melbourne (and back) via Abu Dhabi but with only a brief layover, and personally found the jet lag really wasn't too rough. Especially as you can sleep on the flight and spend so long in the weird limbo that is long-haul it's not too difficult to get yourself close to the correct timezone. Then again, I didn't have to perform an intense stage show afterwards so what do I know :lol: Not really sure how much the HK stay will affect them, on one hand it gives you an extra step between timezones so you can adjust in 2 chunks, but tbh I'd prefer to just get to my end destination and deal with it all in one go.
I wonder if they'll do a holiday-stop somewhere on the way back too?

For the low-key stalkers under the cut:
Any idea where the balcony photo in HK was taken? I'm quite curious what they would choose to do / where they would visit in such a short stopover. Presumably they planned it ages ago as a little pre-tour holiday much like their LA chilling after the US leg. Do they know any YTers in HK to tour-guide for them like Duncan & Mimei?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Winston
flower crown

LurkingTrash wrote:

Idk man I'm bored
That is cute. Never noticed. My one roommate and I did that once...and got locked out. Haha we were just running down to the car for something. But If the three of us were going out we would always bring our own keys. We were roommates, not a unit. Who knows what we would get up to, and maybe not get home at the same time. As single women in the city we took care of ourselves not taking care of each other. You know what I mean? Maybe guys are different, but as a woman one has to make sure you got your own shit together, can't rely on others. Of course we cared for eachother in ways. "Call me when you get home" if it was super late, making sure we were ok when leaving with someone from the bar etc.

My favorite thing bout that video/just them being them.... they go all out and decorate for Christmas. Homey. In all my years living with friends the most we did was put up a mini tree. Because that apartment was home but not HOME, yay know? no matter the nature of the relationship, it is the freaking cutest (grossest). They are family.

Do you (whomever) think we may get more tweets/Instagram/info from this leg of the trip since it seems like it will not be in the book/making of? They can share as they go and not spoiler anything? Also what kind of things could they be doing tourist wise while in HK and Australia?
actions speak louder than words
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Ok so maybe I'm not crazy. Its cute. Good shout with the tabinof extract, I'd forgotten about that. Pheels.

We've not had a proper DITL in ages. Since japhan maybe? I know we usually go for a baking vid but I'd quite like a halloween DITL just to switch it up, followed by a christmas baking vid. Although they'd need to have some plans going on for halloween to make it a DITL. Not to mention be in the UK and not doing tatinof europe.

Whatever way you slice it - more casual domestic bliss please, deppy
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
Whereisvinci
tol bean
Pronouns: She/her

bluebox-away wrote: For the low-key stalkers under the cut:
Any idea where the balcony photo in HK was taken? I'm quite curious what they would choose to do / where they would visit in such a short stopover. Presumably they planned it ages ago as a little pre-tour holiday much like their LA chilling after the US leg. Do they know any YTers in HK to tour-guide for them like Duncan & Mimei?
Really hard to tell where the pic was taken cuz it's quite dark and Hong Kong is just full of tall buildings that look the same
My guess is that they'd go on the Victoria peak to see the night view, probably eating local food? (as a local citizen I really don't know many tourist attractions tbh :( )
Also I highly doubt there are any yters like Duncan and mimei in HK
Nothing more to say so I'll just shut up
DryCereal
koi pond

I'd say probably a restaurant rather than their hotel (unless they're being suuuuuuuper sneaky and are already out of town and on the way to Perth?)

VIDEO!!!
Last edited by DryCereal on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

The Australian themed vid has finally dropped!
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
manged
lady door

manged wrote: "On the way" is too vague for my liking. How can we be sure it will be up within the next few hours? What if "on the way" means tomorrow? In two days? In three? Now I gotta sit here refreshing my timeline and subscription page for a video that may or may not be "on the way". Fuck Phil I'm tired of his games.
bluebox-away wrote:The Australian themed vid has finally dropped!
DryCereal
koi pond

Drop Bears ARE real, and they WILL kill you. Without provocation or warning. :sideeye:
danphil333
hobbit hair

precious.... fuck off

WHAT IS PHIL DOING AT 7:20.... STOP IT.
DISGUSTING
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

That onesie is terrifying!! It has fingers. :shock:

Dan we knew about the kangaroo onesie. Why are you acting surprised?!! :roll:
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
eevee
emo goose

Way too much acting on Dan's part in this, like not knowing how long his plane ride was, being surprised to see the kangaroo onesie, and not knowing where the STD conversation was going, but overall it was a nice vid that made me smile and I liked it. Especially Phil being a total flirt, and Dan calling him precious.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
grannypants
living flop

dan's hair is so flat lol
their t shirts are on point though, ahs and ice cream

edit: i'm still halfway through the video but i've just gotta mention how refreshingly touchy-feely phil is in this!
the 'are you excited to hang out with me on a plane for 23 hours' nudging was especially cute and nice to see
Last edited by grannypants on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"don't mind me, just having a little float" - dan howell
karma_yeah
philussy

Wow, didn't know how much I needed that. I thought it was cute and enjoyed their chemistry.

Dan may be a furry, but Phil seems to quite enjoy it. (LOLjknr)

"Little D"

Going to watch it again, I'm sure I missed some cute moments.
What goes around, comes around Image
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

that was AMAZING I loved it. My fave AP video this year hands down.

I felt like that was down to the editing rather than the topic. They left in loads of actual casual bants between lines (I use 'lines' loosely don't come for me) and I'm ALWAYS here for watching Phil flirt with Dan.

Basically that was phan af and i'm trash ergo i loved it.
starlight-still
truth bomb

danphil333 wrote:precious.... fuck off

WHAT IS PHIL DOING AT 7:20.... STOP IT.
DISGUSTING
That part....

was...
...the keyooooot-est thing...

Also, when Dan said Phil was precious for believing in the demon koalas

And "little D" made me laugh, not going to pretend otherwise.