Dan & Phil Part 22: #rubberupfordan

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
loststars
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

wow, those afternoon upload times! Off to watch
(c)itscomicdans
SquishPhan
capita£ester

loststars wrote:

So excited.
starlight-still
truth bomb

loststars wrote:

Whaaaaaaaat, totally didn't expect that, happy af, off to watch now too!

Edit: ::sees opening scene:: Like it already
Last edited by starlight-still on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HauntedEmma
smol bean

the only thing i can say about this vlog right now is that Deppy definitely didn't share a bed in Japan nor during the US tour
Edit: 3:10 do you think Phil held it for Dan to take or he just waited for Dan to take one?
Last edited by HauntedEmma on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stella
living flop

Wow, that was unexpected! I agree with Haunted Emma so far, they made it very clear they have separate rooms :lol:

Eating leftover noodles and watching a new DITL... life is good
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
ravenreyes
sofa crease

loststars wrote:

wow, i really did not expect that but i'm definitely not complaining. i need to watch this right away! :D
english is not my first language
ostiral
sofa crease

It was unexpected, but omg, it was amazing, i was laughing so hard. :D DITL videos are my favourite.
Sorry for my english.
annetamiau
lady door

I am strangely sad to see they didn't share a room. This is making me doubt phan again, they clearly slept in separate rooms.

Behind every great person, there is a great cat
SquishPhan
capita£ester

My first reaction to that vid is that I completely love it.

I loved it, despite it making me doubt that Phan is real, which has been happening more often lately.

Still whatever they are, they are so cute together and them with the animals is cute af. me.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

annetamiau wrote:I am strangely sad to see they didn't share a room. This is making me doubt phan again, they clearly slept in separate rooms.
Honestly same. But it still doesn't make sense to me. They spent way more time in Dan's room than Phil's. So why didn't they just get a twin bed room or a suite with two bedrooms??? Why two separate rooms? What is the point of that if you're only using the other for sleeping in at night? I mean it could've been because of the jeg lag and they didn't wanna wake the other up if they got up earlier but again, if there was suite option, that wouldn't have been a problem.
Unless, they themselves didn't book the hotel rooms and someone else did? But I don't know who would??
Last edited by confusedpanda on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
majitzu
angel bean

Oh I came here for all to be phan trash so excuse me if I ignore all of the "im sad they don't share a room"

I think my favourite part was Phil jumping like a Kangaroo. And them with the Koalas, also Phil scared of that bird.

And did you noticed Phil had no t-shirt when he was filmin Dans shampoo or whatver it was... now that I think Phil had no t shirt and he was in Dans bathroom (here you have something to make you again).

Also watching Martyn and Cornelia was great, oh and Dan trying to make that bird(what? I dont remember the name) go into their recint.

They watching the olimpics and avatar, and much more. You know what I think I need to watch this again asap, see ya
stella
living flop

majitzu wrote:
And did you noticed Phil had no t-shirt when he was filmin Dans shampoo or whatver it was... now that I think Phil had no t shirt and he was in Dans bathroom (here you have something to make you again).
I thought that at first but now I think it was just a funny angle of his arm?

Tbh I didn't love this DITL, it was cute and I laughed but I guess I'm just kind of losing interest :(
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
corn flakes
moon room

confusedpanda wrote:
annetamiau wrote:I am strangely sad to see they didn't share a room. This is making me doubt phan again, they clearly slept in separate rooms.
Honestly same. But it still doesn't make sense to me. They spent way more time in Dan's room than Phil's. So why didn't they just get a twin bed room or a suite with two bedrooms??? Why two separate rooms? What is the point of that if you're only using the other for sleeping in at night? I mean it could've been because of the jeg lag and they didn't wanna wake the other up if they got up earlier but again, if there was suite option, that wouldn't have been a problem.
Unless, they themselves didn't book the hotel rooms and someone else did? But I don't know who would??
I'm only into phan- friendship but even I was about the room situation. I think they probably will share from now on, as it's also cheaper, but wanted to be very clear in the video about the bed situation.

I liked the video but I didn't love it, but it could also be because I'm sad that the olympic games are ending so
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
HauntedEmma
smol bean

Back when they posted their Japan vlog, they didn't show us anything that indicated they had separate rooms, as they had to keep us hyped about Phan and TABINOF. When they showed that they had separate rooms, do you guys think it's because their touring is coming to an end? They published their books, almost all of their shows were sold out, there's no need to play up the whole Phan thing anymore?
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

HauntedEmma wrote:Back when they posted their Japan vlog, they didn't show us anything that indicated they had separate rooms, as they had to keep us hyped about Phan and TABINOF. When they showed that they had separate rooms, do you guys think it's because their touring is coming to an end? They published their books, almost all of their shows were sold out, there's no need to play up the whole Phan thing anymore?
They still have the show recording and making of to sell as well as the new book.

Maybe they just wanted their own room for a change

I loved this DITL. They + animals are hilarious and the koala was so adorable
bear
hobbit hair

confusedpanda wrote:
Exactly. Also Phil said he was sharing a room with someone else? Wouldn't you rather share it with your best friend than someone else? Maybe Martin and Cornelia booked it? Or maybe they only booked that room for one night? Or maybe they used martin and Cornelia's room? Or maybe they just wanted their own room? They like space. Ugh I'm having doubts again.

But the video itself was adorable. The koala part-my heart. . When they were in the hotel room and feeding the animals it was too cute. Overall, a really adorable video but I kinda faded interest at some parts.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Alright. I have a lot of thoughts and I'm not sorry. Because YAY! DITL!

Phil with stubble is everything to me. Also Phil having breakfast without Dan.... I call bullshit. In what world is he ordering/eating breakfast on his own? Also, while it's perfectly likely they got separate rooms, I'm going to offer the following...

Phil used Martyn/Cornelia's room for that first "scene". We didn't see any personal items and only close-ups. Fite me.

Ok, that's out of the way now. It's perfectly reasonable for them to not share beds, but I just find it weird to not share a room. Regardless of how rich you are, if you're traveling with your best friend (mind you, a best friend you can't spend 5 seconds apart from), why would you get separate rooms? I just find that strange. I'm not too serious about them lying. They could very well be in different rooms. I just don't understand why? Even if platonic, it doesn't make sense.

Anyway... moving on...

That koala is so cute and all the moments with it kill me. Dan nuzzling his ear and being all curious about his age just..... ew. Shut up. Get out of here.

The doge part and their giggles as the guy was teaching them about the dingoes. How adorable and friendly. Same goes for the chuckle at 10:30. Basically, I live for the moments where they are genuinely laughing about things. I wanted more of 11:35 and Dan laughing about "eating a horse." 13:12 also. More of this forever. There's such a distinct difference between these laughs and their normal "persona" (sorry) chuckles.

The "your mom" teasing at 15:50 is such a glimpse into what they're like I mean, just give me MORE.

"We're just gonna post it to her without explanation..." We. Dan talking about mailing Phil's photo to Phil's mom. It's fine. I'm fine.

This was all too much for my little Phan heart. I need to go rest now.
ironic
lady door

I'm not into phan but trying to look from a different perspective, I think it's fine not to share the room with your partner when you're already spending most of your time with them. They surely don't have to go for the cheaper option, maybe they just want to be comfortable. Idk.

Anyway. I can't express how much I loved this video. Dan and Phil and some animals, and I'm crying from happiness. Cuteness overload. Holding a koala would totally be on my to-do-in-a-lifetime list. Also loved seeing Cornelia and Martyn in the background, they should appear more often. :)
I kinda wish they showed more than just the park and their hotel rooms but hey, they're not a travelling channel after all, so. It was cool. :thumb:
But #stopthespidersandsnakeshate.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Anti phans :roll:

Time codes
9:03 Dan giggling was so cute.
11:35 Dan laughing and being embarrassed at Phil when Phil corrected him saying 'feeding a horse'. He was so fond.
15:48 Phil's sarcastic laugh. Sass master from Manchester
16:28 Dan's voice kept getting higher and more affectionate when he saw Phil's koala picture
They didn't share a room like in Japan DITL or eat breakfast together like the DITL tradition. You can't break traditions like that boys. They're important.

And all the cute fond moments especially when they were with the animals. The fondness made up for the separate rooms and breakfasts.

They can wake up as far apart as they want but it's a distraction for casual fans who don't pay attention. They have been acting like such a couple recently. Phil keeps tweeting candid pictures of Dan. Phil went to Dan's room right away and hung out in Dan's room for the rest of the time even though they spent the whole day together. Look at them and think about if there's room for anybody else in their relationship. They're so close together it would be like trying to break 1 person into 2.
majitzu
angel bean

I just rewatched it, Phil has a tshirt in that part I said, sorry. I was distracted by the marathon. :D

Have I said how much I love ditl?
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

stella wrote:
majitzu wrote:
I thought that at first but now I think it was just a funny angle of his arm?
I thought that at first too majitzu, but I think stella is right. Phil's just so pale we confused his torso with a white wall! :facepalm: Edit: the marathon/talking about it with my brother was my excuse too, majitzu ;)

Can't rewatch right now but I think my favourite moment was Dan's reaction to Phil's photo with the koala. It was a lovely picture of Phil, and it sounded like Dan thought so too! :D So fond
Last edited by internetakeover on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starlight-still
truth bomb

Well, y'all, I’m deceased once more. Looks like I’ll be kicking it here in the underworld for a bit, til some heart-warming fan encounter or phan af moment revives me. And I’ve turned back into Phil because it’s all his damn fault.

My reactions first watch (I’m excited and giddy and honestly didn't expect this today at all so please excuse the extra -ness...fav moments in bold):
- Sleepy stubbly Phil can get it…just sayin’
- Aussie pancakes…no he f**cking did not
- That boy is a lizard, you heard it here first
- “My neighbor”- phan
- Balcony scene, am I the only one getting Manchester apartment flashbacks or
- Why do I feel like those shiny balls aren’t meant to be fondled…of course, these two go right in for it
- This needs to be called “DITLOASF” (day in the life of a sugar fiend)
- “Phil, stop disrespecting Australia”
- “Phil is an angel, confirmed” – Ah knew it
- Them huddled up on the balcony eating tim tams, three minutes in and my heart is full to bursting, guys, I don’t know if I’m gonna make it
- Phil’s eyes are so f**king green with that jacket and them on the balcony just (cause of death right here)
- Non-doge-y profile Dan fans, I know some of y’all will be joining me when you see the car ride at 5:00 ish
- 5:30- aw, Martyn and Cornelia in the background not that this is a double date or anything
- The koala.are.amazing.
- Seriously, I died about five times over in this video…yes to everything about koala cuddling
- If you thought it looked like they were holding babies before “what’s his name, how old is he”
- Dan’s face when he’s cradling it, he’s just glowing and beaming the whole time, it’s really beautiful to watch. Phil must be like
- Phil is like a kid in a candy store and nervous as heck at the same time, it’s a big moment for an animal lover like him
- "Don’t wee on me” lol called it
- Phil’s face when he was petting the little not-kangaroo thing
- That koala was in its sofa crease, we all know it
- Dan, that was borderline, petting that kangaroo like that, he coulda punched your lights out butitwasactuallyhilarious
- Wtf is an “emyu” ain’t never heard of that
- Phil feeding animals hour live TV…I’d watch it
- I love the edit at 16:10
- Stop saying emyu!
- Phil at 16:19….guys…really, never change
- Dan just lying with his feet on the bed…and facing the reality of being 25+ (but not bad!)
- Phil’s pentagram. Phil is an angel un-confirmed
- Nice salad, yum
- Phil: “Emy-“ me: throws laptop
- 18:47: DAN, give us a warning before you…errrrr…
Special napstablook shout out to my fellow deceased ones :platonic:
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

rizzo wrote: Ok, that's out of the way now. It's perfectly reasonable for them to not share beds, but I just find it weird to not share a room. Regardless of how rich you are, if you're traveling with your best friend (mind you, a best friend you can't spend 5 seconds apart from), why would you get separate rooms? I just find that strange. I'm not too serious about them lying. They could very well be in different rooms. I just don't understand why? Even if platonic, it doesn't make sense.
I've had time to think about this and the only logistical thing would have to be the jet lag? Phil might wake up early than Dan so even if they had a twin room, Phil would've woke Dan up and Dan wouldn't have been happy. Especially with room service. Also, is Dan still coughing? If so that could be a very vailed excuse to not share a room with someone. Another thing is that the hotel didn't offer a two bedroom suite and because of that, had to settle for two rooms because of one of the two possiblities listed above.
Or it could be that they just got the room for that night because they knew they were filming a ditl that day, who knows? All I know is, I'm not doubting them as much as I was and I'm not as confused.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
fancybum
senpai

HauntedEmma wrote:Back when they posted their Japan vlog, they didn't show us anything that indicated they had separate rooms, as they had to keep us hyped about Phan and TABINOF. When they showed that they had separate rooms, do you guys think it's because their touring is coming to an end? They published their books, almost all of their shows were sold out, there's no need to play up the whole Phan thing anymore?
Lol. I can't wait for the first video of 2017: "A Day In the Life With Phil And My Wife Because I've Finally Made Enough Money with My Business Partner, Suckas".
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
esso
spork

bear wrote: Exactly. Also Phil said he was sharing a room with someone else? Wouldn't you rather share it with your best friend than someone else? Maybe Martin and Cornelia booked it? Or maybe they only booked that room for one night? Or maybe they used martin and Cornelia's room? Or maybe they just wanted their own room? They like space. Ugh I'm having doubts again.
Pretty sure Phil was just talking about the balcony to his room. His balcony probably didn't have a closed wall so you could also see into the neighboring balcony. So yup, Dan and phil in separate rooms haha. I'm just going to stick with the thought that the hotel was probably out rooms with two beds or something.