Dan & Phil Part 22: #rubberupfordan

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

Hmmmmmmm:
Honestly I wouldn't mind a cheeky Tipsy Talk once they're back. Especially if Dan actually allows them to get tipsy for it. Could be fun.
anathema wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:He's already started he didn't wanna label anything as well. With that, he technically is already out as not straight and has been for months if not a year by now.
Wait, when did this happen? The only thing that comes to mind is the diss track thing, but obviously that wasn't a year ago. (Besides the fact it's not actually proof he doesn't want people labeling him.)
He pointedly liked this tweet: He didn't actually say the words himself, but Message Received as far as I'm concerned.

edit: also I do take the diss track as 'proof' he doesn't want people labeling him now: "it's hard to put you in a box when you keep it so blurry" along with the 'society's expectations' label in the video- says to me he doesn't want to be put in a box by others and if he did, he wouldn't keep things blurry the way he does. I know he said bi in the past, but maybe it's changed (to pan/whatever) or he doesn't label himself as anything now. No point in doing it for him.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

fancybum wrote:Hmmmmmmm:
Honestly I wouldn't mind a cheeky Tipsy Talk once they're back. Especially if Dan actually allows them to get tipsy for it. Could be fun.
She can be real fun with the right person, but I don't see it happening due to her subs count. I do wonder if they have any more collabs planned for this year. Will there be any other youtube event like vidcon in the following months?

re: the ditl vid
I think they just decided to have Dan walk out of the bathroom bc that's what you usually see in movies or vlogs you know when someone's trying out clothes for the first time in like shops and stuff like that, they just walk out of the changing room and do a little walk and that's what they were going for. Nothing really abt it imo.
anathema
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote:
anathema wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:He's already started he didn't wanna label anything as well. With that, he technically is already out as not straight and has been for months if not a year by now.
Wait, when did this happen? The only thing that comes to mind is the diss track thing, but obviously that wasn't a year ago. (Besides the fact it's not actually proof he doesn't want people labeling him.)
He pointedly liked this tweet: He didn't actually say the words himself, but Message Received as far as I'm concerned.

edit: also I do take the diss track as 'proof' he doesn't want people labeling him now: "it's hard to put you in a box when you keep it so blurry" along with the 'society's expectations' label in the video- says to me he doesn't want to be put in a box by others and if he did, he wouldn't keep things blurry the way he does. I know he said bi in the past, but maybe it's changed (to pan/whatever) or he doesn't label himself as anything now. No point in doing it for him.
Completely forgot about the tweet, thanks! Also, I would beg to differ on the diss track thing, but I've discussed this with so many people already, so I'll just agree to disagree :lol:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
fancybum
senpai

anathema wrote: Completely forgot about the tweet, thanks! Also, I would beg to differ on the diss track thing, but I've discussed this with so many people already, so I'll just agree to disagree :lol:
Sure, I don't want to get into a Thing, but just quickly to clarify: you think the diss track says nothing about his stance on the labelling topic/do you think he's ok with people labelling him generally?
danisnotonphil
squish
Pronouns: She/her

fancybum wrote: He pointedly liked this tweet: He didn't actually say the words himself, but Message Received as far as I'm concerned.

He liked that tweet most likely because it's from Gerard Way and he agreed with what it says, i really think people just read too much into it, as usual. Really, what Gerard said there is true, the more labels you use the more people will put you in a very specific box and, if you're somehow in the public eye, the more they'll use you for their own ends. I don't read Dan liking that tweet as him "coming out" but more like he probably related to it. Because if he actually adopted a particular label to "come out", a lot of people would take advantage of that, and particularly the phandom; i mean look at it this way, he hasn't really exactly come out but he's already being labeled "not straight" and phannies are using that interpretation of what he hasn't really stated at all! to fuel the phan ship and feed their hopes that it's real. And he hasn't "come out" as anything in particular. Imagine if he did, how people would use that. Not to mention Gerard's tweet says "i don't use labels for anything", so really, why restrict this to sexuality-related labels only, when it could be about, say, politics or religion? i'm pagan and have to use the "pagan" umbrella term because labels are an absolute mess there

Dan didn't come out by liking a tweet, or with his diss track, and certainly not by painting his nails, he hasn't come out at all. He's just being Dan. People wanting him so much to be gay or otherwise not straight does not make him dismissing labels a "coming out" move. If Dan ever does come out as whatever i think he's gonna flat out say it, so there's no confusion about it. So far the only real thing here is that he's hinted at not liking labels much, and i get it, just as labels can be defining and liberating for some they can be limitating and restrictive to others. That part of his diss track has been overanalized to hell and back, as far as i'm concerned it was his way of saying we -his viewers, the phandom, the shippers- shouldn't stamp labels on him, yet that's all people keep doing ( he also said not to take the lyrics seriously, and that's the first thing everyone did). You point to the diss track as proof that he doesn't want to be labelled, say there's no point in doing it for him, yet you already decided liking that one tweet was his coming out as "not straight" which is in itself another label that links to several others.....i mean, really, let's just not do that.
Always lurking, rarely posting
mrrobot
dank meme

Catallena wrote:late to the party but idc because my day is shit and my cat is dying who cares what these two assholes get up to.

Oh yay Dan painted his nails now the phandom is never gonna shut up about how Dan is abolishing gender roles by doing essentially nothing.

Fuck off. Bye. I'm done.
jaej wrote:literally miss me with that praise of him ~ignoring gender norms~ when he is doing it for 15 year old girls who want it because they find it visually appealing.
As a woman that usually doesn't perform femininity and is certainly not praised for it I'm just like lol ok friends we've always been here
I mean not Dan, good for him I like the #aesthetic (Martin Gore has been painting his nails black for so long forever the aesthetic twink), he said once that he wasn't comfortable, and now he is. Nice!
But the fandom is insufferable right now (not here, twitter/tumblr) A white guy getting black nails is not revolution, he's not smashing gender and fighting for liberation. He's just a white guy with painted nails. I'm aware he never claimed to be anything, it's just how they are painting his image to be, making the biggest deal, that's why the guy must have been uncomfortable for so long
Nobody needs to read this but I've also seen some homophobia it got me so mad yikes it was someone like "dan teaching yall that you can paint your nails and still not be a f*g" lmao why are people like this this is the opposite of progressive
full-time internet homo and irl too
also Image
anathema
morning quiff

fancybum wrote:
anathema wrote: Completely forgot about the tweet, thanks! Also, I would beg to differ on the diss track thing, but I've discussed this with so many people already, so I'll just agree to disagree :lol:
Sure, I don't want to get into a Thing, but just quickly to clarify: you think the diss track says nothing about his stance on the labelling topic/do you think he's ok with people labelling him generally?
Basically, yeah. I personally don't really feel like anything in the diss track can be taken that seriously. Like, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he one day says he doesn't like to label himself, but I feel like as of right now we don't have any definitive proof that he doesn't want people to label him.
danisnotonphil wrote:He liked that tweet most likely because it's from Gerard Way and he agreed with what it says, i really think people just read too much into it, as usual. Really, what Gerard said there is true, the more labels you use the more people will put you in a very specific box and, if you're somehow in the public eye, the more they'll use you for their own ends. I don't read Dan liking that tweet as him "coming out" but more like he probably related to it. Because if he actually adopted a particular label to "come out", a lot of people would take advantage of that, and particularly the phandom; i mean look at it this way, he hasn't really exactly come out but he's already being labeled "not straight" and phannies are using that interpretation of what he hasn't really stated at all! to fuel the phan ship and feed their hopes that it's real. And he hasn't "come out" as anything in particular. Imagine if he did, how people would use that. Not to mention Gerard's tweet says "i don't use labels for anything", so really, why restrict this to sexuality-related labels only, when it could be about, say, politics or religion? i'm pagan and have to use the "pagan" umbrella term because labels are an absolute mess there

Dan didn't come out by liking a tweet, or with his diss track, and certainly not by painting his nails, he hasn't come out at all. He's just being Dan. People wanting him so much to be gay or otherwise not straight does not make him dismissing labels a "coming out" move. If Dan ever does come out as whatever i think he's gonna flat out say it, so there's no confusion about it. So far the only real thing here is that he's hinted at not liking labels much, and i get it, just as labels can be defining and liberating for some they can be limitating and restrictive to others. That part of his diss track has been overanalized to hell and back, as far as i'm concerned it was his way of saying we -his viewers, the phandom, the shippers- shouldn't stamp labels on him, yet that's all people keep doing ( he also said not to take the lyrics seriously, and that's the first thing everyone did). You point to the diss track as proof that he doesn't want to be labelled, say there's no point in doing it for him, yet you already decided liking that one tweet was his coming out as "not straight" which is in itself another label that links to several others.....i mean, really, let's just not do that.
I agree with you about the whole "things like that aren't his coming out as 'non-labeling'". But, um, it's pretty obvious Dan's not straight? Like, besides things he said about his sexuality in 2009/10, you can't honestly tell me you think the way he talks about certain men is platonic/in an admiral way. (I'm not saying Dan is gay, it really bothers me when people say he is, I'm just saying he's not straight. I personally think he's most likely bisexual, because he's said it and I have no reason not to believe it.) Also, do you honestly think the only reason people ("phannies") think he's not straight is so they can say phan is real?
fancybum
senpai

danisnotonphil wrote:
fancybum wrote: He pointedly liked this tweet: He didn't actually say the words himself, but Message Received as far as I'm concerned.

He liked that tweet most likely because it's from Gerard Way and he agreed with what it says, i really think people just read too much into it, as usual. Really, what Gerard said there is true, the more labels you use the more people will put you in a very specific box and, if you're somehow in the public eye, the more they'll use you for their own ends. I don't read Dan liking that tweet as him "coming out" but more like he probably related to it. Because if he actually adopted a particular label to "come out", a lot of people would take advantage of that, and particularly the phandom; i mean look at it this way, he hasn't really exactly come out but he's already being labeled "not straight" and phannies are using that interpretation of what he hasn't really stated at all! to fuel the phan ship and feed their hopes that it's real. And he hasn't "come out" as anything in particular. Imagine if he did, how people would use that. Not to mention Gerard's tweet says "i don't use labels for anything", so really, why restrict this to sexuality-related labels only, when it could be about, say, politics or religion? i'm pagan and have to use the "pagan" umbrella term because labels are an absolute mess there
I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to 90% of the time. Where in this forum have people said Dan painting his nails makes him gay? Where did I say that liking that tweet was his way of coming out?
yet you already decided liking that one tweet was his coming out as "not straight" which is in itself another label that links to several others.....i mean, really, let's just not do that.
Where. the. fuck. did. I. do. that.

I responded to a comment questioning specifically where he 'brought up' labelling and then specifically discussed that. How is acknowledging that the label 'straight' does not apply to Dan and he's made that abundantly clear for a very long time = labelling him? I agree about the labels and nowhere did I say it only applied to sexuality. Fucking stop putting words in peoples mouths and then berating them for what you want them to have said because you apparently can't tell the people (where are they? go talk to them) actually saying these things what's wrong with them.

Because if he actually adopted a particular label to "come out"

i mean look at it this way, he hasn't really exactly come out but he's already being labeled "not straight" and phannies are using that interpretation of what he hasn't really stated at all!

If Dan ever does come out as whatever i think he's gonna flat out say it, so there's no confusion about it.
HE ALREADY DID THAT IN 2009. The world hasn't imploded yet. How about you stop clinging to his potential straightness as if that is the only thing that could get in the way of Phan and the only reason people (phannies or otherwise) believe HIS OWN WORDS to inform their perception of his likely sexuality. We don't need to whip out any labels, but he's into dudes. Do you realize that? All of those idiotic 'phannies' don't have to reach nearly as hard as anybody who wants to claim in 2016 that Dan is straight. And anyway, who here is even dragging "phan" into any of these discussions apart from you? Painting his nails doesn't mean he and Phil fuck. Not being straight doesn't mean he and Phil fuck. Lots of people in this forum (but certainly not everybody, do you actually read anything that goes on here) think they're together but that has fuck all to do with any of the current discussion about goddamn nail polish and a blip about labels.

Dan has said he's bi. I think I'll read into that that in 2009 he identified as bi. Where are you getting the 'Dan is straight' idea from? Or have you extrapolated that assumption from all the times over the years that he never said it?
He liked that tweet most likely because it's from Gerard Way and he agreed with what it says, i really think people just read too much into it, as usual.
How about just reading the actual words that people have said, that Dan has said, and try understanding those before condescending to other people for reading too much into same.
#protip
anathema
morning quiff

fancybum wrote:
danisnotonphil wrote:

I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to 90% of the time. Where in this forum have people said Dan painting his nails makes him gay? Where did I say that liking that tweet was his way of coming out?
yet you already decided liking that one tweet was his coming out as "not straight" which is in itself another label that links to several others.....i mean, really, let's just not do that.
Where. the. fuck. did. I. do. that.

I responded to a comment questioning specifically where he 'brought up' labelling and then specifically discussed that. How is acknowledging that the label 'straight' does not apply to Dan and he's made that abundantly clear for a very long time = labelling him? I agree about the labels and nowhere did I say it only applied to sexuality. Fucking stop putting words in peoples mouths and then berating them for what you want them to have said because you apparently can't tell the people (where are they? go talk to them) actually saying these things what's wrong with them.

Because if he actually adopted a particular label to "come out"

i mean look at it this way, he hasn't really exactly come out but he's already being labeled "not straight" and phannies are using that interpretation of what he hasn't really stated at all!

If Dan ever does come out as whatever i think he's gonna flat out say it, so there's no confusion about it.
HE ALREADY DID THAT IN 2009. The world hasn't imploded yet. How about you stop clinging to his potential straightness as if that is the only thing that could get in the way of Phan and the only reason people (phannies or otherwise) believe HIS OWN WORDS to inform their perception of his likely sexuality. We don't need to whip out any labels, but he's into dudes. Do you realize that? All of those idiotic 'phannies' don't have to reach nearly as hard as anybody who wants to claim in 2016 that Dan is straight. And anyway, who here is even dragging "phan" into any of these discussions apart from you? Painting his nails doesn't mean he and Phil fuck. Not being straight doesn't mean he and Phil fuck. Lots of people in this forum (but certainly not everybody, do you actually read anything that goes on here) think they're together but that has fuck all to do with any of the current discussion about goddamn nail polish and a blip about labels.

Dan has said he's bi. I think I'll read into that that in 2009 he identified as bi. Where are you getting the 'Dan is straight' idea from? Or have you extrapolated that assumption from all the times over the years that he never said it?
He liked that tweet most likely because it's from Gerard Way and he agreed with what it says, i really think people just read too much into it, as usual.
How about just reading the actual words that people have said, that Dan has said, and try understanding those before condescending to other people for reading too much into same.
#protip
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Sigh. I basically had to skim through the last few pages because some of ya'll are fucking trying my last nerve with your over-analysis goddamn.

It's 2016. A dude painting his nails hasn't been seen as a SHOCKING FUCK YOU TO GENDER NORMS in ages. AGES.
It's just fashion, baby. And for me personally? Ooooh, I eat it up. I love a man in varnish. But not because it's a POWERFUL STANCE, but because I've been in the goth scene for 20 years and my girl parts have a Pavlovian response to things like black nails (and boys in fishnets, and girls in corsets, and anyone in chokers...hmm...)
My guess is he painted his nails just to poke the bear that is the phandom. Because "screw it, let's make 'em squeal, it'll be funny." and he doesn't actually care one way or the other.

And as for the tweet, come on now. It's "my everything is the same answer right now which is shut up all I care about it that Frank Ocean (blipster god) has *finally* come out with a new album"
(ps- holy shit, Frank Ocean finally came out with a new album!!)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I'm as over this topic as the rest of you, but I just want to say:
fancybum
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Whilst I agree that nail varnish has nothing to do with sexuality etc (and I've written this before in the last debate about it)Has anyone considered the fact that maybe he painted his nails out of sheer curiosity to see what it'd look like after he got given his millionth bottle of varnish and then didn't have anything to take it off with and went "ahhh shit" and had to have his photo taken with fans before a PA could grab him some remover?
esso
spork

Idgaf about Dan painting his nails but it would have been a good side channel video. Dust it off and use your side channels boys.
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

biatchqueen wrote:Whilst I agree that nail varnish has nothing to do with sexuality etc (and I've written this before in the last debate about it)Has anyone considered the fact that maybe he painted his nails out of sheer curiosity to see what it'd look like after he got given his millionth bottle of varnish and then didn't have anything to take it off with and went "ahhh shit" and had to have his photo taken with fans before a PA could grab him some remover?
This is the most likely scenario to me. Or maybe he also just didn't care about removing it and thought the fans would appreciate it in their pics
I could even get wildly optimistic and pray that he filmed a video while painting his nails a la Connor Franta... :D
danisnotonphil
squish
Pronouns: She/her

anathema wrote: I agree with you about the whole "things like that aren't his coming out as 'non-labeling'". But, um, it's pretty obvious Dan's not straight? Like, besides things he said about his sexuality in 2009/10, you can't honestly tell me you think the way he talks about certain men is platonic/in an admiral way. (I'm not saying Dan is gay, it really bothers me when people say he is, I'm just saying he's not straight. I personally think he's most likely bisexual, because he's said it and I have no reason not to believe it.) Also, do you honestly think the only reason people ("phannies") think he's not straight is so they can say phan is real?

Pretty obvious for you, perhaps, but i try not to assume other people's sexuality. He also said not to take those comments seriously because he did it for attention, why is it that always gets tossed aside as irrelevant? And yes, i can honestly tell you the way he talks about men can very well be platonic or from admiration, no reason for everything to be sexual, aesthetic attraction is a thing too. Btw no, is not mostly to say phan is real, even if that's a big part of it, i understand some people kind of project themselves on dnp too, for representation and all that.
fancybum wrote: I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to 90% of the time. Where in this forum have people said Dan painting his nails makes him gay? Where did I say that liking that tweet was his way of coming out?

Well, my bad then, on two fronts. One, i forgot idb exists in a vaccuum, and what happens within the fandom anywhere else has absolutely nothing to do with what goes on in here and that a general "you" is something i apparently made up myself, i'll try to keep these things separate from now on. Two, I'M SORRY I GOT USERNAMES MIXED UP, it was confusedpanda who wrote "he technically is already out as not straight and has been for months if not a year by now."
fancybum wrote:How is acknowledging that the label 'straight' does not apply to Dan and he's made that abundantly clear for a very long time = labelling him?

How has he made it abundantly clear? In ways that don't include scrutinizing his every word looking precisely to prove he isn't straight, i mean. How do you know what labels do or do not apply to him? Rhetorical questions, btw. All i know for sure is he once said he's bi, then pretty much retracted it, and has said many times he's not gay. Sure, there are other sexualities besides gay and bi, but i'm gonna need more than a few Evan P. and 2d guys in speedos mentions to apply any of them to Dan; basically the only label i'll use for him is the one he decides to share and thing is he doesn't seem interested in sharing any labels for the time being. "not straight" count as a label, it technically is.
fancybum wrote:HE ALREADY DID THAT IN 2009. The world hasn't imploded yet.

Then retracted it but that's the part that is left out for some reason. The world didn't implode then, but it's still remembered as a time of crisis in the phandom.
fancybum wrote: We don't need to whip out any labels, but he's into dudes. Do you realize that? All of those idiotic 'phannies' don't have to reach nearly as hard as anybody who wants to claim in 2016 that Dan is straight.
Never claimed he's straight, just as i don't claim he's into dudes, because the hell do i know about the sexuality of a guy who doesn't want labels?? And i insist, mentions of guys here and there doesn't mean he's into men in that way, or are you implying men can't appreciate other men's looks or talent without necessarily being 'into dudes'?
fancybum wrote: Dan has said he's bi. I think I'll read into that that in 2009 he identified as bi. Where are you getting the 'Dan is straight' idea from? Or have you extrapolated that assumption from all the times over the years that he never said it?
For the third time, he said it, in 2009 yeah we know. Then retracted it. I'm not getting the idea Dan is straight, but i'm not reading everything else as him being not-straight either, because that's still labelling him and i'm not up for that, how is that so difficult to grasp? Where did you get the idea he's not straight anyway, from all the times he said "hey guys i'm not straight i'm sooo into dudes"? Oh wait, he hasn't said that. And if you took some time to think, without any goggles on, phan or otherwise, with a cold head, all the times he's talked about guys, you could see none of those are definitive proof of an actual real attraction to men, could just as well be from admiration or for the #relatable thing.

You're set on Dan being into men. I'm on stand-by until he actually says it without room for doubt. Further discussion would be pointless, so i'll drop it here.
Always lurking, rarely posting
fancybum
senpai

danisnotonphil wrote: For the third time, he said it, in 2009 yeah we know. Then retracted it. I'm not getting the idea Dan is straight, but i'm not reading everything else as him being not-straight either, because that's still labelling him and i'm not up for that, how is that so difficult to grasp? Where did you get the idea he's not straight anyway, from all the times he said "hey guys i'm not straight i'm sooo into dudes"? Oh wait, he hasn't said that. And if you took some time to think, without any goggles on, phan or otherwise, with a cold head, all the times he's talked about guys, you could see none of those are definitive proof of an actual real attraction to men, could just as well be from admiration or for the #relatable thing.

You're set on Dan being into men. I'm on stand-by until he actually says it without room for doubt. Further discussion would be pointless, so i'll drop it here.
He never specified what exactly he was talking about when he said he did things for attention. So you can read into that statement what you like, as you obviously have already done. And as long as you're also on stand-by about all of his female-centric statements as also not being definitive proof of 'real' attraction to women but potentially out of admiration or to be #relatable, then enjoy your life I guess. I'm not set on Dan being into men, I'm set on accepting Dan's words at face value. But if you're specifically set on Dan not being into men, despite his many statements to the contrary, then I don't know who hurt you.
gigs
dank meme

Gosh it's been a while since I logged onto here. I just suddenly felt the urge to hop on.....definitely nothing to do with avoiding my adult life and responsibilities....*cough*

I really enjoyed the DITL video. I mean, it wasn't anything ground breaking and it wasn't one of the best. But definitely enough to keep me entertained for a while. And to rewatch a second time...

ok fine I've rewatched it like 4 times. I'm sorry for lying to you all. It's true, I'm philthy, philthy trash

Dan and Phil interacting with Dewey the koala is probably one of the best things I'll see all year. It had everything: Dan looking like he was going to start crying with happy emotions, Dan nuzzling a koala, Phil wanting to do the right thing, Phil's face. Just....everything.

But hands down my favourite part of the video is when they're looking at their koala photos. They talk about each other with such love and fondness. They comment about how they like each other's photos. And I love Dan agreeing that they should send the picture to Phil's mum because they will always have the memory.

God. It's just so sweet.

There's just so much love and fondness in their actions.

I think I need to drink a glass of water to recover.
also I'm glad to see that no matter how long I've been away somethings never change, like the cyclical and unending discussion of dans sexuality
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

esso wrote:Idgaf about Dan painting his nails but it would have been a good side channel video. Dust it off and use your side channels boys.
This is the only thing I care to reply to in this thread rn and it's because I thoroughly agree. It would even work on Phil's side channel (though IDK how in the hell he'd be involved). After all, nothing fits the "try new things" theme better tbh.

It's just nail polish. FFS, guys. In fact, my friend (who cares significantly less about D&P) thought Dan was going full emo-kid-circa-2007 for funsies.

Anyway, I wonder how those houseplants are doing...
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

I'd like to clarify that when I said, "He's already started he didn't wanna label anything as well. With that, he technically is already out as not straight and has been for months if not a year by now", i realize now it was a shitty thing to say and that I really shouldn't have used "he's out as not straight" in that last sentence. He isn't really out by any means, regardless of no labels or what not. I really do need to think twice before posting any statement like that. I apologize if that made anyone offended or annoyed by that.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
anathema
morning quiff

danisnotonphil wrote:
anathema wrote: I agree with you about the whole "things like that aren't his coming out as 'non-labeling'". But, um, it's pretty obvious Dan's not straight? Like, besides things he said about his sexuality in 2009/10, you can't honestly tell me you think the way he talks about certain men is platonic/in an admiral way. (I'm not saying Dan is gay, it really bothers me when people say he is, I'm just saying he's not straight. I personally think he's most likely bisexual, because he's said it and I have no reason not to believe it.) Also, do you honestly think the only reason people ("phannies") think he's not straight is so they can say phan is real?

Pretty obvious for you, perhaps, but i try not to assume other people's sexuality. He also said not to take those comments seriously because he did it for attention, why is it that always gets tossed aside as irrelevant? And yes, i can honestly tell you the way he talks about men can very well be platonic or from admiration, no reason for everything to be sexual, aesthetic attraction is a thing too. Btw no, is not mostly to say phan is real, even if that's a big part of it, i understand some people kind of project themselves on dnp too, for representation and all that.
danisnotonphil wrote: How has he made it abundantly clear? In ways that don't include scrutinizing his every word looking precisely to prove he isn't straight, i mean. How do you know what labels do or do not apply to him? Rhetorical questions, btw. All i know for sure is he once said he's bi, then pretty much retracted it, and has said many times he's not gay. Sure, there are other sexualities besides gay and bi, but i'm gonna need more than a few Evan P. and 2d guys in speedos mentions to apply any of them to Dan; basically the only label i'll use for him is the one he decides to share and thing is he doesn't seem interested in sharing any labels for the time being. "not straight" count as a label, it technically is.
danisnotonphil wrote:
Never claimed he's straight, just as i don't claim he's into dudes, because the hell do i know about the sexuality of a guy who doesn't want labels?? And i insist, mentions of guys here and there doesn't mean he's into men in that way, or are you implying men can't appreciate other men's looks or talent without necessarily being 'into dudes'?
danisnotonphil wrote: For the third time, he said it, in 2009 yeah we know. Then retracted it. I'm not getting the idea Dan is straight, but i'm not reading everything else as him being not-straight either, because that's still labelling him and i'm not up for that, how is that so difficult to grasp? Where did you get the idea he's not straight anyway, from all the times he said "hey guys i'm not straight i'm sooo into dudes"? Oh wait, he hasn't said that. And if you took some time to think, without any goggles on, phan or otherwise, with a cold head, all the times he's talked about guys, you could see none of those are definitive proof of an actual real attraction to men, could just as well be from admiration or for the #relatable thing.

Okay. Can I ask why you think Dan was lying about being bi? Like, genuinely. I know he said his formspring was "full of lies". But the thing is, he was ambiguous about what part of it was full of lies. It's open to interpretation. So, why do you think his sexuality was included in the things he was lying about? What "proof" (for lack of a better word) do you have, other than the thing about formspring, that it's bad to assume he's attracted to guys? Like, I (as you could probably guess) don't think his sexuality was included in the things he wasn't being truthful about. And the main reason for that is that I feel like I, personally, don't have a reason to think that's one of the things he was lying about. I feel like if he was lying about being bisexual, he would have outright said so. I mean, he said he wasn't gay so many fucking times. So what was to stop him from saying he wasn't bi? The closest thing we got was him once or twice (awkwardly) saying "I don't swing that way", but again, why not just outright say he's not bisexual? Obviously your opinion is very different from mine, and that's okay. But I feel like a conversation like this would go better if you actually explained your opinion more in-depth. And also, if you want to say that about Dan talking about men, what makes it different when he talks about women? The fact that he's had girlfriends? To me, the ways he talks about guys and girls is the same.
phoenixfeather
dank meme

friends, i think it may be time for a new bingo board
i tease, i tease. i've lurked this website literally every day since its inception, and it's by far one of my favorite places on the internet. i actually enjoy getting new perspectives on idb's neverending discussion topic.
majitzu
angel bean

BINGO!
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

oh god, never thought i would say this but let's go back to the nail polish drama, i cannot believe in the year of the lord 2016 i'm seeing someone call dan straight, end my life

let's use some basic deductive reasoning, on his diss track:
dan said he doesn't identify with the labels society tries to get him to use (it's up to interpretation if he's referring to all labels or some)
straight is the default label The Straights™ love to force on people since the moment they are born
therefore dan is not straight

there, no reaching, absolutely no reaching at all, 0 reaching, none, plain and simple communication!

does that mean he's gay or bi or any label? nope, not at all, that literally can't be taken as a fact unless he says it. does that mean he's definitely not straight? yep!

and since apparently you have some kind of fixation with bringing up phan out of nowhere: does that mean he's fucking phil? obviously not, believe it or not lgbt+ people manage to have platonic friendships, i know shocking
Last edited by trashqueen on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

wHAat do Ü mEaN being not-straight (after 7 years of male and female attraction statements) does NOT mean yourrrr freaky-forniKatIng your're Bfriend!?111?
august
tol bean

ummmm everyone here is wrong and obviously dan is asexual!!!!!!!!!!!!1 mentions of finding anyone attractive was obviously just based on #aesthetics, he only appreciates them for their talent and ability to #brand. this is obviously why he stopped the sexy end screen dance, he was just tired of playing into society's expectations about #sexuality!!!! cant believe u guys still believe phan yr all personally ruining dan's life w/this speculation so disappointed