Dan & Phil Part 22: #rubberupfordan

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Philena
blobfish

stella wrote:
chloek88 wrote:Some shallow observations: Dan's voice is much higher than I expected in person!
Their legs are gorgeous. Honestly gorgeous. I couldn't stop ogling them.
People here have talked a lot about Dan trying to appear shorter than he really is. And I know they both have bad posture, but I noticed Dan not just doing his typical semi-shoulder-slump, but also slightly bending his knees at almost all times, which made him appear shorter. Maybe he's just bending them to keep them from locking up but Phil wasn't doing the same.
Phil really is adorable. He hopped around in excitement a lot, is a lot more fluid with his body movements than I thought he'd be, and was just generally very physically expressive in a really delightful way.
I second all of this. (I went to the Philly show too!) I was at the very top of the theatre but in the front row of that section (cheapest tickets ftw), so I was basically above them. Especially about Dan's odd posture, it really struck me how much he bent his knees and slumped. It looked a bit awkward, wouldn't that make your back hurt after a while? Phil was so great on stage and seemed quite confident to me.
Philena wrote:They mislabeled Dan and Phil in the US tour jumper section of the merch site
I'm not seeing this, can you screenshot it?
mez29 wrote: I on the other hand love the galaxy stuff and don't really get on with the pixel design, so this is great for me. :D Same about the notebook/set though, I wouldn't really want a whole new set of stationery.
(+ the shame of having DAN AND PHIL written all over everything.)
I agree, I love galaxy things but I think I'd get some extreme judgement if I walked around with merch.
I'm in a big hurry right now, but you know how they label at the bottom (Dan is 6'2" (haha) and wearing an L in the photo)? They mislabeled each of the 2 new jumpers. Tbf, their faces are covered with animal faces.
hunnyftw
phabergé

phamnotof wrote:I see Phil's flamboyance as the softeness with which he performs his masculinity, the gentless with which he asserts his control and strenght, the graceful way he moves his hands, it's almost ballet-like and such a contrast to how he moves in his videos. Dan's flamboyance can be flashier, it's the sassy way he juts out his hip, the teasing looks he gives Phil, the giddiness with which he moves and the way his voice is almost sing-song like.
I've never seen either of them live BUT just from what I see through the screen I agree so much with this. I have some shame left so won't quote myself but you basically mirrored what I clumsily tried to say yesterday when we discussed Deppy's types of confidence so that's a nice bonus as well. It's a special kind of satisfaction when somebody manages to express your thoughts better than you'd ever be able to. And honestly my heart is melting a little bit right now just because you created exceptionally beautiful sentences, especially when writing about Phil
So yeah, I think I'm joining LurkingTrash's plea for more of this stuff
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

phamnotof wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
annetamiau wrote:And on that note, did you notice anything worth mentioning regarding body language? From the reviews I've read, I know TATINOF is basically a play and Dan and Phil are acting all the time, but still I'm interested in the impression that people who have seen them irl got from their way of moving, their way of speaking and so on. Thanks in advance! :)
Oh I love this topic so much. I have to admit when I saw TATINOF I viewed it more like two hours of clear full body observation of Dan and Phil while they did something they're proud of and invested in, more than an immersive show that I got sucked into. I enjoyed the show itself but yeah, watching them was the thing that was most fun to me.

I think I had a lot clearer observations immediately after, so I'm going to try and dig back through some old convos later and maybe come back and quote myself. But I definitely walked away from it thinking that they both had a more naturally flamboyant way of moving on stage than I expected. I think it's more noticeable with Phil because it's a much starker contract to him in videos. In front of a camera Phil seems to find some kind of stillness but in person his gestures were larger, broader, looser - and also more graceful than I expected. Dan's got the same nervous fidgety energy in person/on stage as he has in videos but you see more of the full body tics.

Dan's posture and generally just the way his body is shaped are also a constant source of fascination. He manages to come across as physically vulnerable in a way that most men his height wouldn't manage.
I have just so many feelings about Deppy & flamboyance. Gender performance is such a fun concept, and as you say, there's a lot more to them than meets the eye. I've not seen TATINOF live, but I've watched every video I could get my hands on, and the full body shots indeed are a goldmine.

We actually had a conversation about what that meant in relation to them yesterday, so I figured I might repost some thoughts from it.

I see Phil's flamboyance as the softeness with which he performs his masculinity, the gentless with which he asserts his control and strenght, the graceful way he moves his hands, it's almost ballet-like and such a contrast to how he moves in his videos. Dan's flamboyance can be flashier, it's the sassy way he juts out his hip, the teasing looks he gives Phil, the giddiness with which he moves and the way his voice is almost sing-song like.

I don't know how much sense this makes, but I just have a lot of love for the way they perform their identities and selves, they way their personalities and natures stand out on stage, they way they overlap in expression (because they do mirror each other occassionally) and they way they're in such contrast with each other at different times. Performing on YT is hightened reality in itself - but the stage lets a more natural, untamed energy out, and it really makes them shine.

OT: I haven't needed stationery in about ten years, but good god it's so PRETTY.
This is the most beautiful description of dan and phil movements that I ever lay my eyes on.
Love is forever
anathema
morning quiff

phamnotof wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
annetamiau wrote:And on that note, did you notice anything worth mentioning regarding body language? From the reviews I've read, I know TATINOF is basically a play and Dan and Phil are acting all the time, but still I'm interested in the impression that people who have seen them irl got from their way of moving, their way of speaking and so on. Thanks in advance! :)
Oh I love this topic so much. I have to admit when I saw TATINOF I viewed it more like two hours of clear full body observation of Dan and Phil while they did something they're proud of and invested in, more than an immersive show that I got sucked into. I enjoyed the show itself but yeah, watching them was the thing that was most fun to me.

I think I had a lot clearer observations immediately after, so I'm going to try and dig back through some old convos later and maybe come back and quote myself. But I definitely walked away from it thinking that they both had a more naturally flamboyant way of moving on stage than I expected. I think it's more noticeable with Phil because it's a much starker contract to him in videos. In front of a camera Phil seems to find some kind of stillness but in person his gestures were larger, broader, looser - and also more graceful than I expected. Dan's got the same nervous fidgety energy in person/on stage as he has in videos but you see more of the full body tics.

Dan's posture and generally just the way his body is shaped are also a constant source of fascination. He manages to come across as physically vulnerable in a way that most men his height wouldn't manage.
I have just so many feelings about Deppy & flamboyance. Gender performance is such a fun concept, and as you say, there's a lot more to them than meets the eye. I've not seen TATINOF live, but I've watched every video I could get my hands on, and the full body shots indeed are a goldmine.

We actually had a conversation about what that meant in relation to them yesterday, so I figured I might repost some thoughts from it.

I see Phil's flamboyance as the softeness with which he performs his masculinity, the gentless with which he asserts his control and strenght, the graceful way he moves his hands, it's almost ballet-like and such a contrast to how he moves in his videos. Dan's flamboyance can be flashier, it's the sassy way he juts out his hip, the teasing looks he gives Phil, the giddiness with which he moves and the way his voice is almost sing-song like.

I don't know how much sense this makes, but I just have a lot of love for the way they perform their identities and selves, they way their personalities and natures stand out on stage, they way they overlap in expression (because they do mirror each other occassionally) and they way they're in such contrast with each other at different times. Performing on YT is hightened reality in itself - but the stage lets a more natural, untamed energy out, and it really makes them shine.

OT: I haven't needed stationery in about ten years, but good god it's so PRETTY.
I have seen them live and I 100% agree with this!
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

hi its me, i am back. ive missed way too much to even catch up. i'll be posting more regularly. dunno if anyone remembers me from gg. but hi, need to catch up af
daphenaxa
blobfish

phamnotof wrote:I see Phil's flamboyance as the softeness with which he performs his masculinity, the gentless with which he asserts his control and strenght, the graceful way he moves his hands, it's almost ballet-like and such a contrast to how he moves in his videos. Dan's flamboyance can be flashier, it's the sassy way he juts out his hip, the teasing looks he gives Phil, the giddiness with which he moves and the way his voice is almost sing-song like.
Very beautifully put and I kinda agree with everything except the Phil's hands things.
Do you have gifs or moments in a video that could make me get what you are referring to? Because I have always seen Phil's hand moves as clumsy, shaky, even weirdly ineffective.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
antigone
butt chair

Well the last post I made went down well lol remind me to never mention Onision again :roll:

Are we allowed to mention specific Phan accounts? If not I've seen an anti-phan account which seems pretty convinced phan is real, using opinion and potentially circumstantial evidence (depending on your personal view) as fact really. I'll link the account but, thoughts? (Pls remove this post if this isn't okay)

http://crrabstickz.tumblr.com/

Specific POI: http://crrabstickz.tumblr.com/post/1494 ... e-together
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Please continue here!
busy being happy~