Dan & Phil Part 22: #rubberupfordan

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

All I can say on the video is that my heart nearly dropped at the end. :o
I still don't understand the mechanics of how that was so strong that Phil was nearly chucked off the stage. Did Dan push him off? Did Phil push himself off? Was it just the momentum of the run that made Phil tumble? :?
Have they been fighting and this was revenge? :gg:
^ I'm just kidding before anyone reacts.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
karma_yeah
philussy

Hi all. Tbh, I don’t have anything of consequence to add, just felt like chiming in, so feel free to ignore . . .
pearshaped34 wrote: Assuming Dan would do something because a low-life like Onision does it is not something he deserves. He is not on Onision's level so I do not accept Dan could do this because we know Onision does it as being a valid argument.

Lurktacularr wrote:Does anyone feel a bit about the flurry of new posters with the 'Dan is prolly straight its just for hashtagbants' agenda?

Srsly tho where'd you all come from at the same time
does seem suspicious :sideeye:

Re: Dan’s sexuality - +1 for “not straight” (personal opinion, not a lable). Ditto for Phil’s.
AND +1 for “it doesn’t really matter much to me”. Lbr, Dan is ‘Philsexual’ and Phil is ‘Dansexual’ (sorry, not sorry).

Honestly, after almost 7 years, until I see one of them with someone else, or hear them say they are dating someone else, they’re together. (thanks fancybum for talking me off the ledge).
bluewho wrote: Discovering you're biromantic because you wouldn't mind cuddling with Dan Howell and announcing this to Youtube? = the definition of awkward
too true!
bluewho wrote:Does anyone think may have this kind of relationship - romantic love, without the sexual attraction?
For me, it's a strong no. I thought they were together the first time I saw them, and aside from the minor heart attack I had at the beginning of the DITL Australia bit (still salty, I'd like a heaping spoonful of domestic now please), it has never crossed my mind that sex was not involved. Admittedly, I'm #1 phan , but those two are as 'in love' as people can ever hope to be. (projection is a wonderful tool)
What goes around, comes around Image
stella
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

[offtopic]Goodness gracious people on Twitter are fuming about that that clip of TATINOF was recorded, people are saying that Dan and Phil will see this and know their show is being secretly recorded and be furious. Like, you don't think they already know?

I know it technically shouldn't be recorded, but it really gets on my nerves when people attack others who did record. Calm down. Dan and Phil can still make tons of money. All will be fine.[/offtopic] sorry, I'm kind of in a pissy mood, feel free to ignore this
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
anathema
morning quiff

stella wrote:[offtopic]Goodness gracious people on Twitter are fuming about that that clip of TATINOF was recorded, people are saying that Dan and Phil will see this and know their show is being secretly recorded and be furious. Like, you don't think they already know?

I know it technically shouldn't be recorded, but it really gets on my nerves when people attack others who did record. Calm down. Dan and Phil can still make tons of money. All will be fine.[/offtopic] sorry, I'm kind of in a pissy mood, feel free to ignore this
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Philena
blobfish

alittledizzy and spider, I loved reading your timestamps! Props to anyone who takes the time to do that, plus it forced me to re-watch the vids. In doing so, I must say that my fave Dan is soft!Dan, and the softest I've seen him was holding Dewi

Anyone else under the impression that Dan does yoga? His namaste-ing, his calming speeches, his jump squats (!) and "presenting" during DITL, and now the casual running with Phil on his back... Just a thought.

I have mentioned before an appreciation for Phil's photography. I wasn't kidding! I think he has talent, and I would love to see his collection, not just the Dan shots
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

[offtopic]
Trigger Warning :
Anyone on this board who knows me in the slightest knows I am not in the habit of being offended by stuff, but I really do think we need some sort of trigger warning any time Onion is mentioned.
Not only is his an attention seeking asshole that click baits other YTers for views and says controversial things just for a rise, and is *allegedly* a rapist, but beyond any speculation and rumors, you can easily use Google to see for yourself that he has a history of verbal and psychological abuse against his partners. He's publicly threatened, tormented, ridiculed, and vilified his current and past partners. He also is a statutory rapist. Just as one example, when he was 26 he flew to another state to stay with his eventual wife when she was 17 and still in high school.
Please don't give him views if you can help it. Ick.
[/offtopic]
majitzu
angel bean

I don't know anything about the past of onision, but I watched a few of his videos months ago and since then I kind of hate him or dislike him, so yeah I understand your feelings Cora.

I like and dislike people filming tatinof, like because parts of the show change everytime and I want to know about them, and dislike because I hate the light the phone makes when you use it and feel is disrespectful towards the other people watching the show.

I thought Phil was going to fall out of the stage
sassyinamorata
banned

Cora wrote:[offtopic]
Trigger Warning :
Anyone on this board who knows me in the slightest knows I am not in the habit of being offended by stuff, but I really do think we need some sort of trigger warning any time Onion is mentioned.
Not only is his an attention seeking asshole that click baits other YTers for views and says controversial things just for a rise, and is *allegedly* a rapist, but beyond any speculation and rumors, you can easily use Google to see for yourself that he has a history of verbal and psychological abuse against his partners. He's publicly threatened, tormented, ridiculed, and vilified his current and past partners. He also is a statutory rapist. Just as one example, when he was 26 he flew to another state to stay with his eventual wife when she was 17 and still in high school.
Please don't give him views if you can help it. Ick.
[/offtopic]
this. all of this.
i used to watch him without any knowledge of his past and only did it because i liked his honesty. but then he started bringing dan (and phil, but to him phil is just a 'sidekick' and i mean, they collabed.. :roll: ) into his videos and i just unsubscribed from all of his channels. glad i did though, he's way too problematic and all the 'phans' talking about "oMg!1 dan shuld totally m33t him for the lulz!`1 xDD danision!!!1!!" got on my last nerve at the right time.
swofro
angel bean

000dia000 wrote:After watching it a few hundred times I thought that I would mention that Phil really is clumsy while the drop from Dan was far from gentle, the stumble Phil made seemed only capable by the very only Lester himself
Totally agree
I think that Dan run fast because Phil is heavy and he is afraid he is going to drop him
Love is forever
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

some more airport dramz on the twitter dot com
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

loved that lil clip! while i totally understand the "no filming" policy it also makes us miss out on this type of moments and there's no way they'll film all the unique moments of each show so yeah...

i do love the phandom for things like this
tweet tho
Last edited by alittledizzy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: placed tatinof spoiler image behind a cut
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

daichii wrote:
Last edited by alittledizzy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: placed tatinof spoiler image behind a cut
anathema
morning quiff

Philena wrote: Anyone else under the impression that Dan does yoga? His namaste-ing, his calming speeches, his jump squats (!) and "presenting" during DITL, and now the casual running with Phil on his back... Just a thought.

I have mentioned before an appreciation for Phil's photography. I wasn't kidding! I think he has talent, and I would love to see his collection, not just the Dan shots
Could just be that he's flexible. I've only done yoga about twice in my life but I can fold myself over like he did in the DITL easily :lol:
And, yes, me too! I would love to see the photos he's taken just for the sake of taking them and hasn't posted.
daichii wrote: i do love the phandom for things like this
tweet tho
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

idk wrote:some more airport dramz on the twitter dot com
What part of please do not stalk people in airports are people not understanding? Just because Dan and Phil are nice enough to talk/take photos with you, doesn't mean they are ok with stalking them. Being nice and being ok with behaviors like that are two different things. Dan has started in the past to not stalk him in airports and Phil has talked about how stressed out airports can make him. I get you want to meet your favorites, but I don't think waiting for them in an airport is the best way to do it.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
uglyamerican
woodland creature

SquishPhan wrote:That was just great. I felt Phil's fear of being dropped.
He was afraid of creating a drop bear ;)
anathema
morning quiff

confusedpanda wrote:
idk wrote:some more airport dramz on the twitter dot com
What part of please do not stalk people in airports are people not understanding? Just because Dan and Phil are nice enough to talk/take photos with you, doesn't mean they are ok with stalking them. Being nice and being ok with behaviors like that are two different things. Dan has started in the past to not stalk him in airports and Phil has talked about how stressed out airports can make him. I get you want to meet your favorites, but I don't think waiting for them in an airport is the best way to do it.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Thank God there are only 2 days left of AUS TATINOF (and maybe TATINOF itself, my poor European heart shall accept that by now): fans massively waiting for them at airports, calling the companies and pretending to be relatives to know their flights references, expecting several pictures and autographs, recording every step they take even in the security check...LOVELY.

About people recording TATINOF: I think the 7sc is kind of the exception, because there have been several unique moments that would have remained forever unknown if not for the fans (stalk him until he loves you!). That being said, my only problem with it is what majitzu said about being a pain in the ass to have someone in front of you with their screens on in a dark environment :lol:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

uglyamerican wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:That was just great. I felt Phil's fear of being dropped.
He was afraid of creating a drop bear ;)
[edit: I quoted the wrong post - this was meant for the koala picture where Phil looked like he was afraid of dropping Dewey - joke fail.]
sassyinamorata
banned

i get knocked into a state of malcontentedness so easily by tumblr/twitter phans. it really sucks because most of them are young and easily influenced by obsessive media. there's always going to be that 30% of fangirls that lack even a drop of common sense who think screaming "PHAN IS REEL11!!" at tatinof or constantly spamming dan with tweets telling him he should paint his nails is perfectly okay :roll: it makes me even more frustrated to know that there's nothing i can do because it'll just keep happening until dan and/or phil speak out to the point where everyone will get the message (which will probably never happen 'cause they currently rely on the millenials of youtube + they're too nice)
never in my life did i think that one day i'd be pitying two guys with an army of brainwashed "gay-obsessed" whatever year olds who have lost the ability to keep their cool both online and off :sideeye:
rant;end
oh, and before you start to tell me "dan and phil are grown men. if their fans really bothered them they would say something" you're might be right but, have you even seen the airport pictures?
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

re: the TATINOF clip:

That was so funny! Definitely think the momentum was a big part of Phil stumbling the way he did, Dan does lift and drop Phil while stopping very abruptly! I don't mind people filming little clips like that at all b/c it doesn't spoil consistent main show bits for anyone, and won't take away from people wanting the main vid - it might even encourage people to get it. Filming the whole thing would just take away from the experience for the filmer/possibly distract others, so I do definitely see why they have that rule and people are less comfortable with that - I just appreciate things like this being recorded too much!

re: the European tour:

It's totally still happening, I don't know what you're talking about Ticia. Obviously everything is booked and ready and they're just waiting on some little detail before they announce all of the many venues at once. This is definitely what will happen and not at all me being desperately optimistic. Also after all these airport pics I've been thinking they might well drive between stops of that, or if they weren't initially planning on it and can might do so now. Dan actually looked less tired after the US and a set bed than he does after flying around Australia, and though of course that really is mostly the pneumonia recovery, they did seem to handle coach travel fairly well.

re: the Sunday Times article:

I just don't think the guy did his research. He probably googled or YT searched both of their names and the word 'gay' looking for drama, and if you do that Dan and his 2012 denials are the first thing that comes up - even if you search for Phil! Dan was the only one who directly addressed anything, so that's all casual fans and people like that interviewer are going to see. Even now, when Phil is dropping (disclaimer: what I interpret as) male attraction mentions left and right, Dan is out there using the word 'sexuality' and making it that bit more obvious. Also being way more talked about by fandom generally - b/c of his history? b/c it's been going on for so long? b/c no one expects/looks for that stuff from Phil? There are probably a million reasons, but it still means that Dan's sexuality is more 'visible'. Which I'm sure Phil doesn't mind! For all he's being relaxed recently, and I'm loving it, I agree with what dizzy said a while back about him not wanting his sexuality to be a real part of his public image ( almost used the p-word there ;) ).
annetamiau
lady door

I often wonder why it is that Dan wears winter clothing in the summer and summer clothing in the winter. Isn't it cold in Australia? Unless someone is holding his jacket, he's wearing just the weed jumper (which looks thin af), like in the DITL. I know they said they forgot it was winter, but he still has at least the diss track jacket that I remember off the top of my head. And what's with him wearing long-sleeved t-shirts when it's boiling (like during half the USA tour)? I don't understand
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

annetamiau wrote:I often wonder why it is that Dan wears winter clothing in the summer and summer clothing in the winter. Isn't it cold in Australia? Unless someone is holding his jacket, he's wearing just the weed jumper (which looks thin af), like in the DITL. I know they said they forgot it was winter, but he still has at least the diss track jacket that I remember off the top of my head. And what's with him wearing long-sleeved t-shirts when it's boiling (like during half the USA tour)? I don't understand
Brisbane is subtropical, so even if the temperature is low-ish, it'll probably still be humid. But yeah. It's the coldest month of the year in (southern) Aus and he packed no jumpers of his own. Dan, wyd? :lol:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

mysterylovescompany wrote:
annetamiau wrote:I often wonder why it is that Dan wears winter clothing in the summer and summer clothing in the winter. Isn't it cold in Australia? Unless someone is holding his jacket, he's wearing just the weed jumper (which looks thin af), like in the DITL. I know they said they forgot it was winter, but he still has at least the diss track jacket that I remember off the top of my head. And what's with him wearing long-sleeved t-shirts when it's boiling (like during half the USA tour)? I don't understand
Brisbane is subtropical, so even if the temperature is low-ish, it'll probably still be humid. But yeah. It's the coldest month of the year in (southern) Aus and he packed no jumpers of his own. Dan, wyd? :lol:
Didn't they say in the recent ditl that they didn't know it's winter in as Australia and i would be so cold. Ikr if they were being serious or joking.
annetamiau
lady door

akui wrote:
mysterylovescompany wrote:
Didn't they say in the recent ditl that they didn't know it's winter in as Australia and i would be so cold. Ikr if they were being serious or joking.
Honestly I thought they were joking, because who plans a whole tour and forgets such a trivial thing as the season? And they were not doing it on their own, they had lots of people involved, I'm sure someone at some point must have mentioned it's currently winter in the southern hemisphere, even if just as a passing comment.

Also, akui thanks for reviewing your experience at tatinof! :D

And on that note, did you notice anything worth mentioning regarding body language? From the reviews I've read, I know TATINOF is basically a play and Dan and Phil are acting all the time, but still I'm interested in the impression that people who have seen them irl got from their way of moving, their way of speaking and so on. Thanks in advance! :)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
timtam
lady door

anathema wrote:
stella wrote:[offtopic]Goodness gracious people on Twitter are fuming about that that clip of TATINOF was recorded, people are saying that Dan and Phil will see this and know their show is being secretly recorded and be furious. Like, you don't think they already know?

This is a bit offtopic but I think it's interesting in relation to 's commericalisation and fan's reactions to their request. When I went to Melbourne TATINOF they were so unbelievably strict about having cameras and phones. A staff member asked me to put away my phone before the show started when I was taking snaps of my friend and I, not even of the stage or anything. Then at the start of the show Dan asked everyone not to use their phones because of the venues strict policy and because he wants us to enjoy the show without holding their phones in the air. I was a bit salty at that because I can't even record/take a photo as a memory and here you guys are who have built a whole career out of videos and photos. Plus the palais theatre has a standard photography which allows the use of mobile phones so it was a bit rude of them to make it look like it was the venues fault we couldn't take photos instead of their own request.

I didn't see a single phone out during the show so it was nice to be able to watch the show without having to peer through a sea of iphones but I still side eye it a little bit and I dunno why.