Dan & Phil Part 22: #rubberupfordan

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

The thread previously known as (thanks to swofro):
[credit to phil fans on tumblr]

Please carry on discussing #rubberupfordan, oh wow that would have made the best thread name!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Whoever thought it was Phil's laptop he was editing on was right
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
DryCereal
koi pond

Alkylolic maths time: Those bottles are 35cl. He's had considerablah more than 4 standard shots if it's near half-empty by the end of the vid.

#DanIsNotALightweight

See... I voted for subbydingdongs... But right now I kinda wanna go "screw the vote." Just this once. :(
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
eevee
emo goose

Amiaw wrote:Also, doubt he was taking all of those shots- can't imagine alcohol and strong antibiotics go well together.
oh shit what if it was water you totally cant drink on antibiotics
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DryCereal
koi pond

eevee wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Also, doubt he was taking all of those shots- can't imagine alcohol and strong antibiotics go well together.
Ahem... you can... it's just not really recommended... ;)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bluebox-away wrote:Whoever thought it was Phil's laptop he was editing on was right
#fakephan, I hadn't even noticed that.
IckleMissMayhem wrote:See... I voted for subbydingdongs... But right now I kinda wanna go "screw the vote." Just this once. :(
Same.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

IckleMissMayhem wrote: See... I voted for subbydingdongs... But right now I kinda wanna go "screw the vote." Just this once. :(
Same, I really wanted to ignore the vote and just call this thread #rubberfordan! I was worried people wouldn't be happy though.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
eevee wrote:
Ahem... you can... it's just not really recommended... ;)
I think it might depend on the antibiotics? You definitely can though it's just not the best idea

Also +1 on the #rubberfordan suggestion, nothing good happened in the run up to the vote and now this is so perfect but will be forgotten by the time we hit 40 pages on this one :(
DryCereal
koi pond

missemma wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote: See... I voted for subbydingdongs... But right now I kinda wanna go "screw the vote." Just this once. :(
Same, I really wanted to ignore the vote and just call this thread #rubberfordan! I was worried people wouldn't be happy though.
*whispers* eeeeeeeeeediiiiiiiiit iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.... ;) Noone will even notice... 8-)
swofro
angel bean

eevee wrote:Loved his shirt though. Can't wait for someone to find it and for it to be revealed to be a $600 top :lol:
I thought that was the shirt from his Alexander McQueen suit thing from Brits?

Also, thanks everyone for voting. This is the first time I ever win the thread name poll and I am kinda happy. Haha. Although rubberupfordan come up so late. it can be the best one yet.
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
missemma wrote:
*whispers* eeeeeeeeeediiiiiiiiit iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.... ;) Noone will even notice... 8-)
Psssh, i already saw. :P
Last edited by swofro on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is forever
stella
living flop

The video was eh, I didn't laugh but it was nice that he gave somewhat legitimate advice. I'm not an ISG fan though. Oh well, I'm grateful for any content at this point

I thought his shirt was from the BRITs as well.

it's nice that Dan is replying to so many people on Twitter instead of emojis like Phil does
Last edited by stella on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

swofro wrote:
eevee wrote:Loved his shirt though. Can't wait for someone to find it and for it to be revealed to be a $600 top :lol:
Yep it's definitely a shirt we've seen before and I think swofro might be right that it's from the Brits suit. It's such a nice shirt though it looks great on him
eevee
emo goose

swofro wrote:
ignore me then :? :facepalm:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
corn flakes
moon room

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
missemma wrote:
#rubberupfordan if not here I hope the phandom makes it trend.

I liked it, as usual for the isg nothing I'll watch over and over, but I loved it. I also agree that while not recomended people drink when under antibiotics.

P:S: can someone do a gif of dan licking alcohol from the glass?
Edit: their next business plan
Last edited by corn flakes on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
000dia000
emo goose

I say the #rubberupfordan is a smart thing to tell fans who romanticize not wearing condoms as it is more "intimate" :roll:
:cactus:
danphil333
hobbit hair

Nice tweet from phil. nice shade at ISG(get hyped ) even dan finds it so boring he falls asleep lol.
The promo was 10/10 though. SUBTLE

also

LIESSSSSS (yes the video was so boring i was focusing on the glass because i remembered it from somewhere. so exciting :lol: ) voila ( its the same glass 4:40)

WHY??? (or maybe dan went on holiday with phils family before )
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

if people really want the thread name to be changed then please vote here

swofro - we love your current thread name, really hope you aren't offended with the poll
fancybum
senpai

I liked it, but I don't mind ISG and know what to expect from it, so I didn't go in expecting a bad time anyway. Is there a precedent for Dan linking to Phil's videos on the end screen though? Because yes, selling tickets, sure. But like he doesn't even have him on his channel recs area lol. It interests me. (Unless he's done it before and I'm just dumb, also likely). Curly hair, linking to Phil, what is this new era.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
swofro
angel bean

missemma wrote:if people really want the thread name to be changed then please vote here

swofro - we love your current thread name, really hope you aren't offended with the poll
Haha, not at all, please vote!
Love is forever
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Worst ISG yet, that was truly boring and I only cracked a smile at Dan dipping his tongue in the shot glass. I know some people like the legitimate advice column that ISG bascially has become but I don't like Dans new cool rolemodel for teens image, like I can't believe I just got a talk about the importance of safe sex. Shouldn't be necesarry in the first place, but y'alls education systems are shite.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
vincentian
hobbit hair

Wow, new video on dinof, longer than usual, tackling more risky questions from older fans + shots. Is it just to celebrate 6 mil or Dan’s actually started trying a bit with youtube/pushing himself out of comfort zone?

I liked that he tried to act more casual in this one, and some one liners were pretty funny. I agree that some of his previous ISG were uninspired, but this one was good, imo. I think he wants to keep this format, so slightly evolving it is probably a good idea.
Last edited by vincentian on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fancybum wrote:I liked it, but I don't mind ISG and know what to expect from it, so I didn't go in expecting a bad time anyway. Is there a precedent for Dan linking to Phil's videos on the end screen though? Because yes, selling tickets, sure. But like he doesn't even have him on his channel recs area lol. It interests me. (Unless he's done it before and I'm just dumb, also likely). Curly hair, linking to Phil, what is this new era.
Yeah I noticed him linking to Phil's video at the end as well, don't think that has happened a lot previously. But because they do promote the tour in that a bit, it does make sense to me.
anathema
morning quiff

I liked it, in terms of ISG. I don't think ISG is Dan's best form of content, but I felt I enjoyed this one more than some of the other ones. Also, I will fight Dan, flaming hot Doritos are disgusting.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Screw you turds, I LOVE the ISG videos and I loved this one.
Dan gets to be his sassy ass self and I get to watch him try his best to not be mean to the children whilst getting "drunk".
Fite me, I will break your legs.

A couple of side notes however-

You can drink on certain antibiotics (I certainly do, but that's because I'm a semi-functional alcoholic I mean what). Sometimes the effectiveness of certain antibiotics is diminished with the consumption of alcohol, but most of the time they discourage drinking whilst on antibiotics because the mixture will greatly upset your stomach and cause nausea.
Nevertheless, I doubt he's still on antibiotics, as the longest they usually advise anyone to take them is 2 weeks. He got his first round of antibiotics almost a month ago.

Also, sorry Dan, but there's no cure for HPV. But like half the world has it so...at least there's company? (Seriously, it's unbelievably common which is a shame because it's one of the leading causes of cervical cancer and it's undetectable in men which means men can be carriers and women will have no idea and also they don't test for HPV in normal STD screenings. They only test for it when you begin to have symptoms...so seriously #RUBBERUP) Anyway, I fully support him encouraging condom use. Sex education for ALLLLLLLLLLLL.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

#RubberUpForDan

I love this hashtag more than I love my life.

I'm sorry if I am annoying people of twitter.

(also Dan please research about HPV before you make a comment, k? thnx)

Edit: +1 Cora
Trigger Warning :
pre-cancer
both my sis and mom have had pre-cancers because of the stupid thing. After they got surgery (sis 3 times, mom 2 times) they got vaccinated and were "cured" so I guess if THAT COUNTS !?
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged