Dan & Phil Part 22: #rubberupfordan

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote:
antigone wrote:
So Onision made a coming out video and this reminded me of Dan a bit (he does mention Dan a fair few times tbh).. you're all better at this than me so thoughts?
If the Fine Bros really loved us, they'd put together an emergency Dan and Phil React to Onision Talking About Genuinely Wanting Dan in a Romantic Way. I just want to see Phil's face go terrifyingly blank and Dan nervously laugh.
Yes, that would be amazing.
antigone
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote:
antigone wrote:
So Onision made a coming out video and this reminded me of Dan a bit (he does mention Dan a fair few times tbh).. you're all better at this than me so thoughts?
If the Fine Bros really loved us, they'd put together an emergency Dan and Phil React to Onision Talking About Genuinely Wanting Dan in a Romantic Way. I just want to see Phil's face go terrifyingly blank and Dan nervously laugh.
agreed loool, genuinely think D+P should respond to other youtuber's responses or do a responding to hate video (for no reason other than I would love it tbh soz)

as a bi person I do kinda get Onision's biromantic thing but I guess I can understand peoples hesitance, esp. when Onision is concerned :roll:

[offtopic]I literally never post but I had exams so I will try to. Got into LSE (the uni I wanted) tho sooo maybe not posting and revising was worth it [/offtopic]
blue_bear
dank meme

Well I haven't posted in a looooong time but I've been reading and following this site all the time..

DITL "bottle mystery": A little bit too late but I haven't sen anybody mentioning this.. the bottle is probably solution for contact lenses.. and my theory is that Phil went to the bathroom to take out his contacts (this is when he filmd the dry shampoo).. because shortly after the bottle is gone! Probably still in the bathroom..

I don't know if this even matters but just something I noticed :D
anathema
morning quiff

antigone wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
antigone wrote:
agreed loool, genuinely think D+P should respond to other youtuber's responses or do a responding to hate video (for no reason other than I would love it tbh soz)

as a bi person I do kinda get Onision's biromantic thing but I guess I can understand peoples hesitance, esp. when Onision is concerned :roll:
I haven't watched the video and don't think I will. I can't take anything he says seriously :roll: The boy who cried wolf much?
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

SquishPhan wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
antigone wrote:
I would expect 10 minutes of this:

Off topic: Congrats antigone! What will you study, if you don't mind me asking?
blue_bear wrote:Well I haven't posted in a looooong time but I've been reading and following this site all the time..

DITL "bottle mystery": A little bit too late but I haven't sen anybody mentioning this.. the bottle is probably solution for contact lenses.. and my theory is that Phil went to the bathroom to take out his contacts (this is when he filmd the dry shampoo).. because shortly after the bottle is gone! Probably still in the bathroom..

It's a good theory but, if his room was literally in front of Dan's, why take the bottle, leave it on the entrance table, spend the afternoon in Dan's room, and then take them off, when you can simply use your own bathroom? And also, when they end the video, Phil is not wearing glasses, which means that he didn't take his lenses off or maybe he did but he decided not to wear glasses. It's a tad strange...
antigone
butt chair

Ticia wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
antigone wrote:
I would expect 10 minutes of this:

Off topic: Congrats antigone! What will you study, if you don't mind me asking?
blue_bear wrote:Well I haven't posted in a looooong time but I've been reading and following this site all the time..

It's a good theory but, if his room was literally in front of Dan's, why take the bottle, leave it on the entrance table, spend the afternoon in Dan's room, and then take them off, when you can simply use your own bathroom? And also, when they end the video, Phil is not wearing glasses, which means that he didn't take his lenses off or maybe he did but he decided not to wear glasses. It's a tad strange...
I definitely think it'll be 10 mins of that :lol: would still watch 10x tho

Off-topic: Thank you!!!! Government and History, I'm very happy :) almost went to the same uni as Phil actually lol
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Congrats, antigone

Great timestamps, alittledizzy, I just watched out for them all and have a few additions. I think Phil wins the adorable prize with "yippee!" at 5.37 as they get to the door. I'm pretty sure it's him saying "ararar" at 10.15. And special mention for the cuteness that is his butt at 10.50 ;)

To quote Dan, re Onision, "Ugh".
anathema
morning quiff

[offtopic]Did anyone else realize d&p didn't mention dapgo at the end of the ditl, and they didn't link it in the description either? Kinda weird. If I remember correctly, they didn't mention it in the pokemon gaming vid either. Can't say I'm complaining though. I'm glad they aren't shoving it down our throats.[/offtopic]
SquishPhan
capita£ester

anathema wrote:[offtopic]Did anyone else realize d&p didn't mention dapgo at the end of the ditl, and they didn't link it in the description either? Kinda weird. If I remember correctly, they didn't mention it in the pokemon gaming vid either. Can't say I'm complaining though. I'm glad they aren't shoving it down our throats.[/offtopic]
I have noticed the lack of spon for dapgo, but the book isn't out until November so there is still time. Though I do think that they won't spon this one as much as they did the first book.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

anathema wrote:[offtopic]Did anyone else realize d&p didn't mention dapgo at the end of the ditl, and they didn't link it in the description either? Kinda weird. If I remember correctly, they didn't mention it in the pokemon gaming vid either. Can't say I'm complaining though. I'm glad they aren't shoving it down our throats.[/offtopic]
I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago as well. They haven't mentioned it in any videos yet and the link for it is in some descriptions but not others. I really do find it odd they aren't promoting this book even a little. Unless they are waiting till it gets closer to release or something. They just anounced it on tumblr and Twitter and that was it, well for now. Maybe they'll just sneak it in with then yt red stuff? Does anyone know for youtubers with second books if they hyped it up from the announcement to release or if they even mentioned it in a few videos? It just seems weird that they haven't even talked about it on their main platform yet.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was thinking earlier about the few mentions of DAPGO too, just assumed they're purposely keeping it low-key since Tabinof was sold to us all as The One Book and this isn't meant to be Epic Enchiridion part 2 coming soon. They'll likely step up the advertising nearer the time, though, unless they actually don't care if it doesn't sell well
stella
living flop

Deppy not advertising DAPGO kind of makes me think that they were never wild about it but their management really wanted them to do it.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
Lucet
spork

Let's be real. Dan is being more "open", yet still playing in a very very safe zone when it comes to his sexuality and stuff like that. Most of it, in my opinion, is just a fan service, as they both sucked with uploading for the past 6 months or so and the fans who were not attending tatinof grew distant. Now, Dan plays his sexuality card, paints his nails, wears a man tunic. Aaaaand phandom goes insane! But they still play "we're not together and we don't stay at the same hotel room" card. Just in case. People will talk anyway. These two dudes are not Gleam marionettes, they know what they're doing. I don't buy it anymore, I just can't.
Now, as the tour is coming to an end they need to get their fans back. That's what they're doing.
fleur
not a first-time poster

It's funny how just a few pages back several people were saying it's crazy to think one could express attraction and admiration towards men without being sexually attracted towards them and then there is Onisions video...in which he also mentioned that making videos about men is good for attention and views. But it's totally absurd to consider that this might also be a reason why Dan is doing it. His carefully worded, ambiguous male mentions must be his slow way of coming out because it's important to prepare a liberal audience that wishes for nothing more than him not being straight for a coming out. Especially considering his high quality content of the past two years I'm sure his popularity would be at the same level without the sexuality mystery. It's not like half of the discussions in this forum are about his sexuality and Phan, the majority of people is obviously only here for their great individual content. Just to make it clear and prepare myself for accusations: no I'm not homo/biphobic, it's possible to be critical of the honesty of some of the sexuality related things he says and does without having any problem with Dan not being straight!!!

I'm writing like this because I'm annoyed by how heavily biased this forum is. You are allowed to treat your beliefs about Dan's sexuality and Phan like a fact and some people are ready to ridicule other beliefs that in my opinion are much less absurd than, for example, some of the things people suggest here to convince themselves that Phan is real.
Last edited by fleur on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anathema
morning quiff

stella wrote:Deppy not advertising DAPGO kind of makes me think that they were never wild about it but their management really wanted them to do it.
Yeah, I definitely don't buy Dan's "we wanted something physical to remember the tour" reasoning as to why dapgo is a thing. Sure, Dan.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I strongly suspect the book deal they signed required them to do two books and this book has largely came about just to fulfill the terms of that contract. I mean I still expect they'll promote it more closer to the time and they'll of course happily let it make them richer but it's clearly not the passion project TABINOF was for them.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

It's been too long. Anyone want to watch again? Here are some time codes. These videos were so cute the lists are almost the whole videos. Sorry.

WHAT TEAM? - Dan and Phil play Pokemon GO! #2
2:27 'So I'm not the only person that's been playing Pokemon Dan am I? AM I?' Annoyed boyfriend sass.
6:57 'Bye bitch.' Love campy Dan.
6:59 Dan from the back is interesting because we don't see that view of him a lot. Look at his fluffy hair with the curl sticking out. Look how good the jacket looks on him.

7:16 'You stingy bastard' New pet name?
7:40 Dan was actually frustrated about not catching the Pokemon.
-'WHAT?'
-'I can't believe you caught a Dratini. This is so unfair.'
-'You should call it Haha Dan because I didn't get one.'
-'Now I'm crying and I'm just going to go jump off a bridge.'
Then the video skips to later so it Dan probably opened his game to try to get the Pokemon but didn't get it.
8:53 'I can't believe you caught a Dratini. Honestly I am so salty. I am unbelievably salty. My sodium levels are through the roof.'
'I'm so happy! Isn't that one of the rarest things you can get?' 'Yes Phil it is extremely rare.' 'Mwa ha ha who's the Pokemon master now?' 'Okay level 5.' Stop flirting.
9:20 Dan said 'Phil this cologne is working for you' about the game item and Phil was cutely confused for a moment.
10:22 'Okay it growled. It growled at me.' This is how Phil got bitten by a squirrel in Florida.
11:19 If they sat any closer they would melt together.
11:53 'Way to be named after a candle.' 'Yeah what.' Phil's name means 'lover of horses' so he shouldn't be the person to say anything about others' names.
12:13 Dan thought Phil insulting Instinct was so funny. Phil didn't hesitate to insult them either. Sass master is back.
13:21 They were almost sitting on each other. Dan's leg was on Phil's leg. They both had crossed legs almost on top of each other.
13:47 Somehow they're sitting even closer together. Is it physically possible?
14:25 Phil with a teasing smile making fun of Dan not getting a Dratini.
15:15 'Ow stop hitting me with your balls!' 'PHIL STOP.' Dan was angry for real. Wonder how many times Phil already made that joke and it wasn't included in the video. The man walking behind them with his bike was staring too.
15:55 Dan talking about Phil wandering away sounded like a complaining boyfriend. He didn't have his 'presenter voice'. It sounded like he was talking to himself normally. When he called Phil it was still his normal voice and Phil sounded like he was really apologizing when he said 'sorry'.
16:15 The fan saying hello was exciting for some reason. And the skip in the video was probably when they talked to the fan like other people said. When the game was showed again the people were different.
17:52 Dan was so cute and happy when he caught the Pokemon.
18:02 Dan was so done with Phil when he thought the barbecue was a fire.
18:08 'Aw look at that face.' You can hear Phil smiling when he said that about Dan.
A Day in the Life of Dan and Phil in AUSTRALIA!
3:34 Some people on Twitter were talking about Phil not being able to move his middle and ring fingers separately. It also looks like it here.
3:56 Can't be the only person with their mind in the gutter during Phil's Tim Tam slam. 'That was very fast and angry. You literally just shoved that whole thing in your mouth.'
4:12 'Danny'
4:42 'Let's just retract the fist.' Stop it.
5:27 Cornelia had a Deppy backpack.
6:22 'The glow of chlamydia' was funny.
6:29 It's cute to hear people laughing at Dan's jokes.
7:09 Dan's lip bite

7:17 Nobody noticed this yet I think. Phil said 'Dan you're actually holding a koala right now' but the koala was half out of the video. The camera was focused on Dan. Phil kept focusing on Dan and left some space above Dan's head in the video while the koala was cut off.
7:24 Phil said 'aw!' when Dan nuzzled the koala with his nose.

7:56 Dan joked 'Phil it's behind you' and Phil really got scared for a second.
9:03 Dan laughed fondly at Phil petting the potoroo and Phil was looking fondly at Dan.
9:32 Everyone laughing at Phil's joke was also so cute.
11:20 When the kangaroo hit Dan's hand away. Me too kangaroo.
11:32 'A lot less violating than eating a horse. I'm just going to put that out there.' 'Than eating a horse?' 'Than feeding a horse.' Dan laughing fondly.
12:23 Dan running away from the emu was so camp.
12:42 Their manager was laughing at Dan herding geese.
13:12 Dan sounded like his younger self when he was being bossy to Phil.
13:31 Dan laughing fondly at Phil.
14:11 'If they were also like here's all the spiders and snakes!' 'The dragon spiders' Am I a dragon now?
14:37 It sounded like he said 'I need to haz that classic 3 wolf moon aesthetic.'
15:11 Phil's natural face before he noticed he was being filmed.
15:21 Dan was humming before he noticed being filmed. His surprised face
15:48 Their sarcastic laughing was cute. It sounded like how they normally would make fun of each other without a camera.
16:26 Dan's voice was so high pitched when he was reacting to how cute Phil's picture with the koala was. 'Aw that's so amazing.' So fond.
16:41 'Do you want the phone back?' 'Yea.' 'Woo!' When Dan said 'woo' he sounded a lot like when he was younger.
17:01 'I want to take one of the koalas home.' 'Phil no. NO.' It sounded like they had a lot of talks about it before. Phil wanting pets and Dan telling him no.
17:14 Dan presenting his bottom again.
pearshaped34 wrote:I strongly suspect the book deal they signed required them to do two books and this book has largely came about just to fulfill the terms of that contract. I mean I still expect they'll promote it more closer to the time and they'll of course happily let it make them richer but it's clearly not the passion project TABINOF was for them.

This was already discussed before. It's part of their contract. Youtuber book contracts are usually 2 books. TABINOF was their special project that was 'everything Dan and Phil' that they would leave behind if they died from a meteor. DAPGO is only a tour photo album.
lilMango
morning quiff

fleur wrote: I'm writing like this because I'm annoyed by how heavily biased this forum is. You are allowed to treat your beliefs about Dan's sexuality and Phan like a fact and some people are ready to ridicule other beliefs that in my opinion are much less absurd than, for example, some of the things people suggest here to convince themselves that Phan is real.
I hate to say this because I disagree with your other opinions, but I feel the same. This forum is heavily biased, but it's in my favor so I'm not too bothered by it.
The main point I agree with is that people treat some things as fact and aren't open to other ideas. It's weird because I didn't feel that way before, it feels more recent. not about the sexuality discussion or phan discussion, but other topics as well. I like to remind myself that I don't really know much about Dan and Phi's personal lives, and I think it's a good thing to remember while speculating, but that's just me.
Who knows... they could be clones.... they could be ROBOTS
This is not aimed towards anyone in particular, but it's just the vibe that I get nowadays. I like healthy and fun and lively debate, when everyone's attitudes are lighthearted and not mean spirited.
But I'll just continue to be the change I want to see.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Congrats antigone LSE is a good school.
antigone
butt chair

idk lool I don't think people here are necessarily supporting Onision

Off-topic: Thank you sweetmm and flarequake!!!!!
anathema
morning quiff

spider wrote: 3:34 Some people on Twitter were talking about Phil not being able to move his middle and ring fingers separately. It also looks like it here.
Seems like it. I can just barley do it, so I feel his pain :lol:
spider wrote: 15:21 Dan was humming before he noticed being filmed. His surprised face
I didn't notice this before, how cute is he! Reminds me of that section of his childhood videos when he's playing the video game and then turns when he realizes his grandma is there
spider
ar·tic·u·late

fleur wrote:His carefully worded, ambiguous male mentions must be his slow way of coming out because it's important to prepare a liberal audience that wishes for nothing more than him not being straight for a coming out.
Coming out is about the person coming out. Not how people react to it. Of course the reactions matter but coming out is a personal choice that someone makes for themselves. Don't appreciate this attitude of 'everybody will be accepting so it must be for attention for Dan to come out slowly'. Especially because the phandom is not the only audience he has. He has a career that can be affected by being out. He has friends and family whose opinions matter to him. Not everything is about the demon phannies.
fleur wrote:Just to make it clear and prepare myself for accusations: no I'm not homo/biphobic, it's possible to be critical of the honesty of some of the sexuality related things he says and does without having any problem with Dan not being straight!!!
You do not understand what it is like to come out or what it means to come out. That doesn't mean you are homophobic or biphobic. It means you are criticizing something you don't understand. From your words it sounds like you are not LGBT so it's normal for you to not understand but it is also not your role to criticize LGBT and especially coming out.
fleur wrote:You are allowed to treat your beliefs about Dan's sexuality and Phan like a fact and some people are ready to ridicule other beliefs that in my opinion are much less absurd than, for example, some of the things people suggest here to convince themselves that Phan is real.
People like trashqueen already said this but Phan and Dan's sexuality are different things. You can think Dan is not straight and think Phan is not real. The only thing that is absurd is thinking Dan is straight. He spent years saying he was not gay in an aggressive way so some people even thought he was homophobic. Then in the past year or 2 he became more and more comfortable and started talking more publicly about attraction to men. That sounds more like someone who is LGBT coming out slowly than a straight person pretending to be LGBT for popularity.
fleur wrote:Especially considering his high quality content of the past two years I'm sure his popularity would be at the same level without the sexuality mystery. It's not like half of the discussions in this forum are about his sexuality and Phan, the majority of people is obviously only here for their great individual content.
When people say Dan pretends to be interested in men for views they forget a lot of his millions of subscribers are casual fans who watch his videos and don't care about his sexuality or Phan or anything else. Only the very interested fans on IDB and Twitter and Tumblr care about that. Personally I was a casual fan for 3 years because I liked his videos for being relatable and funny. Didn't even know about Phil or Phan until this time last year. So hard to think about right? Some people actually like his content. So shocking. If you think his content is bad that is your opinion and it's fine to have your opinion. Just don't think all of his millions of subscribers agree.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I wish we get to see all the candid photos and videos Phil takes of Dan, cause I am going to guess it must be a trunk load of them
000dia000
emo goose

fleur wrote:It's funny how just a few pages back several people were saying it's crazy to think one could express attraction and admiration towards men without being sexually attracted towards them and then there is Onisions video...in which he also mentioned that making videos about men is good for attention and views. But it's totally absurd to consider that this might also be a reason why Dan is doing it. His carefully worded, ambiguous male mentions must be his slow way of coming out because it's important to prepare a liberal audience that wishes for nothing more than him not being straight for a coming out. Especially considering his high quality content of the past two years I'm sure his popularity would be at the same level without the sexuality mystery. It's not like half of the discussions in this forum are about his sexuality and Phan, the majority of people is obviously only here for their great individual content. Just to make it clear and prepare myself for accusations: no I'm not homo/biphobic, it's possible to be critical of the honesty of some of the sexuality related things he says and does without having any problem with Dan not being straight!!!

I'm writing like this because I'm annoyed by how heavily biased this forum is. You are allowed to treat your beliefs about Dan's sexuality and Phan like a fact and some people are ready to ridicule other beliefs that in my opinion are much less absurd than, for example, some of the things people suggest here to convince themselves that Phan is real.
As spider mentioned coming out to a large audience like Dan has isn't an experience or knowledge that anyone in this forum claim to have. Additionally coming out differs between people, not every LGBT YouTuber can be equated to Dan. To be honest, I don't think you've considered Dan's motives that well if you do believe he would come out for attention on an already thriving channel.

While you may feel as if some of the posts are biased, I thought that I may include that frequent posters do not necessarily place disclaimers in their posts. Opinions and ideas are mere speculation and nobody knows exact details nor claim to. While I as a user sometimes feel uncomfortable or find the main conversation centralized on sigh Dan's sexuality can we move f*cking on most things are not based on fact. The one exception being Dan's sexuality I hate this which based in the Year of our Lord 2016 appears to be not straight.

So while some ideas or conversations may disinterest you or you may find disagreeable or biased, I suggest, seeing as you are a new member, to contribute to the conversation and diversify it, if that is what you wish.
:cactus:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

fleur wrote:It's funny how just a few pages back several people were saying it's crazy to think one could express attraction and admiration towards men without being sexually attracted towards them and then there is Onisions video...in which he also mentioned that making videos about men is good for attention and views.
Yes and Onision is a vile human being who will literally do anything for views. His career is based around saying deliberately disgusting and controvsial things for attention and name dropping other youtubers so their fans will watch his videos.
Assuming Dan would do something because a low-life like Onision does it is not something he deserves. He is not on Onision's level so I do not accept Dan could do this because we know Onision does it as being a valid argument.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.