Dan & Phil Part 23: Let's just retract the fist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
colfreckles
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

I think that's a snapchat filter...
anathema
morning quiff

starlight-still wrote: Hey look Dan pushed his fringe back... :shock:
Normally I love Dan with his fringe pushed back but the beard filter just 100% ruins it. I can't enjoy it at all :wahh:
colfreckles wrote:I think that's a snapchat filter...
Didn't he allegedly mention something about snapchat taking up a lot of space on his phone at a m&g?? :sideeye:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
majitzu
angel bean

Can someone please photoshop out those beards and flip the photo. To restored balance to universe and because it is a cute selfie.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

It's definitely a snapchat filter, I'll make sure to put the 'get snapchat' on my bingo board for the liveshow tomorrow! There'll be a lot of people saying it no doubt.

Love the photo though, the beards kinda suit them. Plus Dan has his hair pushed back, yes!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The disrespect we get from them... Ruining a cute picture with nightmare fuel smh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Lucet
spork

missemma wrote:It's definitely a snapchat filter, I'll make sure to put the 'get snapchat' on my bingo board for the liveshow tomorrow! There'll be a lot of people saying it no doubt.

Love the photo though, the beards kinda suit them. Plus Dan has his hair pushed back, yes!
Beards do suit them, but not these "I'm a massive c**t" ones . I'm still laughing tho
vincentian
hobbit hair

danphil333 wrote:
i am scared :wtf: :wtf:
Dan copies his senpai once again and drags poor Phil along :lol: I approve the quiff though.
Last edited by vincentian on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Ok, I'm new ish to the phandom but as far as I can tell Dan and Phil have always been at the top of the board here on tumblr, so I was a little shocked when I saw this. Does this happen every so often? Can it last? Seems to be some sort of lesbian vampire angst comedy show.

hollyphan
glabella

anathema wrote:
Normally I love Dan with his fringe pushed back but the beard filter just 100% ruins it. I can't enjoy it at all :wahh:
Didn't he allegedly mention something about snapchat taking up a lot of space on his phone at a m&g?? :sideeye:
wasn't there an old ls where he said he has it with ne username hellithisisdan or so, but he doesn't use it (at least not public)
(don't ask me which ls, my memory is too bad, but maybe anybody else could confirm?)
Phandom got me like..
blueapple_x
flower crown

Idk about Dan but it's confirmed Phil has a snapchat...maybe they were using his phone/account to take the selfie?
bluebox-away
woodland creature

The beards might be disconcerting but hello sexy pushed back hair on Daniel
I'm so here for that. I'm interested to see if he mentions snapchat cause it is pretty obviously one of their filters.. definitely suspect he and Phil snap each other as they definitely both have accounts
Haven't gotten around to watch Phil's ls because life and stuff, but from the recaps it sounds like it was a good one! Very excited to hear we'll be getting a baking vid soonish and as far as I'm concerned no big 'TOUR IS OVER' announcement means Europe is yet to come
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
vincentian
hobbit hair

hollyphan wrote:
anathema wrote:
wasn't there an old ls where he said he has it with ne username hellithisisdan or so, but he doesn't use it (at least not public)
(don't ask me which ls, my memory is too bad, but maybe anybody else could confirm?)

He probably has a private account he hasn't mentioned to the internet now.
tracyzz
smol bean

I actually like the beards, I used to hate guys with beards but I think it suits them and it doesn't look douchebaggy at all. Idk if that's because I love them already and their personalities outshine the facial hair or what
anathema
morning quiff

blueapple_x wrote:Idk about Dan but it's confirmed Phil has a snapchat...maybe they were using his phone/account to take the selfie?
How do we know Phil has one? I know there was a ls at some point where he made one and had everyone add him but I thought he didn't use it. Do we know he has a private one??
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
tymyky
glabella

anathema wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Idk about Dan but it's confirmed Phil has a snapchat...maybe they were using his phone/account to take the selfie?
How do we know Phil has one? I know there was a ls at some point where he made one and had everyone add him but I thought he didn't use it. Do we know he has a private one??
Well he has one, don't know if he uses it.
24:20
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

{removed at poster's request - jesp}
Last edited by jesp on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to remove contents by request
stella
living flop

That picture... :lol: Dan's hair looks pretty great ngl, but the beards... just... please no.
I wonder why they posted it? Just for fun or are they going to start using snapchat or something?

~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Artdefines06 wrote:Ok, I'm new ish to the phandom but as far as I can tell Dan and Phil have always been at the top of the board here on tumblr, so I was a little shocked when I saw this. Does this happen every so often? Can it last? Seems to be some sort of lesbian vampire angst comedy show.

That's definitely a unique sight. I look at those lists sometimes and as far as I know the only times Dan got knocked from the top spot was that one time Phil took it instead and during the Marina Joyce situation. The last one also resulted in Phil losing his second place, and he got overtaken by RWBY (I think) once or twice as well. Carmilla shows up in those lists most of the time but never that high. A new season apparently started or is starting soon, but damn rising 14 spots to the top overtaking everyone including D&P is very impressive. Tumblr phandom has been slacking (jk good job Carmilla fans).
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
uglyamerican
woodland creature

-1 on the beards. Nothing says douchebag more than that particular style (especially Dan's.) I can't unsee that - *shudders*
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

danphil333 wrote: i am scared :wtf: :wtf:
I think Phil can pull it off as long as the curtains and the carpet is the same colour, as for Dan am I the only one that sees George Michael's smile :?
eevee
emo goose

Somebody fixed it and god it looks so much better now!!

I was also quite shocked when I saw it, I didn't know it was a snap filter I actually thought they were doing some kind of weird bearded photoshoot because I'm an idiot :facepalm: But it's really cute that they're chilling out taking snap filter selfies, i know that's a regular thing to do with a friend but it makes me really happy and fuzzy inside
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
blueapple_x
flower crown

The more I look at the beard selfie...the more I feel like they're trying to sell me some type of infomercial product like shamwow or oxiclean.

Anywho, this caught my interest:

At 3:48
"I was most annoyed by seeing prominent PC youtubers going "ahh it's not a big deal guys, don't make a big deal about it." It's easier to say those things when your account's not the one that's getting hit a ton..."
I know it's shade to Ian but it did kind of remind me of what Phil said in his liveshow because of the topic. Obviously Phil was mainly trying to calm down those worried for their/Dan's channel but I can see where DeFranco is coming from and why he probably wouldn't agree with Phil's public opinion of the issue. I'm glad Phil at least addressed it though despite admitting he hadn't done enough research.
Winston
flower crown

blueapple_x wrote:The more I look at the beard selfie...the more I feel like they're trying to sell me some type of infomercial product like shamwow or oxiclean.

That's funny, the more I look at it I want to unstan. Them growing facial hair may be my only way out of this trash can. It's funny because I love them with stubble, but full on facial hair is gross to me.
actions speak louder than words
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Goodness.
I was gone for a week because I was busy being human and after being absent during the release of 2 videos and a live show, and combing through 20 pages, I see that the majority of bantz that I've missed are you guys talking about other people (Phil DeFranco, Louise, Onion, ShittyWatercolors), and a couple of you spending pages asserting yourself for having differing opinions but basically just going "Sorry not sorry" "No, I'M sorry not sorry!" "No, ***I'M*** sorry not sorry"

Ok cool.

So like, *actual* Deppy content only gets like a page and a half of discussion now?

Neato.

Also, my immediate though at that Snap filter was most definitely "Oh god, Dan looks like Anthony. No! Nooooo!!!!!"

and the statement from Phil that we'll be getting a possible baking video in the future makes me oh so very happy.
bear
hobbit hair

Cora wrote:
So like, *actual* Deppy content only gets like a page and a half of discussion now?

Neato.

YES! I've noticed it as well but didn't really bring it up. I think it's because maybe it's just me on here who feels like this, but there's a different feel to deppy I guess(?) than a few months ago. Like the tour and selfies and other stuff used to be so discussable and now it's like "okay cute anyways..." I've talked to people about this and they feel the same way. What do you guys think?