phanfics by IDBers

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:15 pm

I've been writing phanfics for a while now, and with the gentle urging of the inestimable alittledizzy I thought it was time to mention them here.

I'm on ao3, and most recently I've posted the fourth installment in a series of (sometimes slightly non-canonical) reality fics; this one is set in February 2010 right after Dan returns from India:

forever plz

Another one that I'm pleased with is a drabble that was partly inspired by a discussion here (back when I was still a lurker) about how Dan could come out of the closet without dragging Phil out too:

Cover Your Eyes

Hope you all enjoy, and feedback always welcome!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."



bluntedclaws
cheeky #spon
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Ontario

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by bluntedclaws » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:40 pm

LeftHandedism wrote:I've been writing phanfics for a while now, and with the gentle urging of the inestimable alittledizzy I thought it was time to mention them here.

I'm on ao3, and most recently I've posted the fourth installment in a series of (sometimes slightly non-canonical) reality fics; this one is set in February 2010 right after Dan returns from India:

forever plz

Another one that I'm pleased with is a drabble that was partly inspired by a discussion here (back when I was still a lurker) about how Dan could come out of the closet without dragging Phil out too:

Cover Your Eyes

Hope you all enjoy, and feedback always welcome!
I read all of the "heart wants what it wants" series. They were really good. I was initially a little put-off by the ...unusual...perspective of the first one but it grew on me and I ended up really enjoying it. I can't wait to read more!
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English

User avatar
Winston
blobfish
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by Winston » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 am

LeftHandedism wrote:I've been writing phanfics for a while now, and with the gentle urging of the inestimable alittledizzy I thought it was time to mention them here.

I'm on ao3, and most recently I've posted the fourth installment in a series of (sometimes slightly non-canonical) reality fics; this one is set in February 2010 right after Dan returns from India:

forever plz

Another one that I'm pleased with is a drabble that was partly inspired by a discussion here (back when I was still a lurker) about how Dan could come out of the closet without dragging Phil out too:

Cover Your Eyes

Hope you all enjoy, and feedback always welcome!
I just read forever plz and didn't know it was you! I loved it. very good.
actions speak louder than words

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:20 am

LeftHandedism wrote:I've been writing phanfics for a while now, and with the gentle urging of the inestimable alittledizzy I thought it was time to mention them here.

I'm on ao3, and most recently I've posted the fourth installment in a series of (sometimes slightly non-canonical) reality fics; this one is set in February 2010 right after Dan returns from India:

forever plz

Another one that I'm pleased with is a drabble that was partly inspired by a discussion here (back when I was still a lurker) about how Dan could come out of the closet without dragging Phil out too:

Cover Your Eyes

Hope you all enjoy, and feedback always welcome!
YAY!! :D

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm

bluntedclaws, Winston, alittledizzy--thank you all for your feedback and support!


I've got a next installment in the series working in the back of my mind.....
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

jhamba
phabergé
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by jhamba » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:37 pm

So, alittledizzy wrote this, and I think everyone should read it. It's Dan doing shots with his mum, and if that doesn't convince you, idk what will
jiggly wrote:dalel is dead, phalel lives.

User avatar
RiriPandaHeart2
hobbit hair
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 pm
Contact:

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by RiriPandaHeart2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi everyone! :platonic:

Sorry for the self-promo, but I recently became an admin of a new tumblr blog called OrphanedFics. It's a basically a blog that caters to writers who want to have a backup for their works in a place besides their personal blog. Another intention of the blog is to allow fic writers to post some of their works their anonymously, so if you guys want to write a fic but you don't want it to be associated with you, you can submit it to us so it'll have a place on the net. Another main intention of the blog, is if you somehow want to leave the Phandom, or disassociate yourself from your blog or want it to be deleted, but want to allow the Phandom to still have access to your fics for posterity's sake we can have it posted there. I'm inviting all of you to become members, if you want to. There's absolutely no pressure at all. More info can be found at the blog itself: https://orphanfics.tumblr.com/. Hope to hear from you soon! If you have further questions, you can pm here or on Tumblr at imissrupertgrint@tumblr.com :platonic:

I'm not sure if this is allowed by the mods. If it's not then you can delete this.
Image
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm

I've posted another fic in my 2009/10!phan series, this one about their underrreported trip to Blackpool in April 2010.

No volcano can stop us now

I tried to incorporate all the little bits we know about that trip, most of them gathered by people on this forum. One nice bit is a picture Phil took of Dan eating ice cream.

Dan eating ice cream in Blackpool
It freaks me out a bit that this trip is so obscure that most of the bits of social media about it are still up, with just a handful of likes, comments, etc.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by alittledizzy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:45 am

LeftHandedism wrote:I've posted another fic in my 2009/10!phan series, this one about their underrreported trip to Blackpool in April 2010.

No volcano can stop us now

I tried to incorporate all the little bits we know about that trip, most of them gathered by people on this forum. One nice bit is a picture Phil took of Dan eating ice cream.

Dan eating ice cream in Blackpool
It freaks me out a bit that this trip is so obscure that most of the bits of social media about it are still up, with just a handful of likes, comments, etc.
I've literally saved this for Friday not - all week long. And now I'm about to dive in.

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 am

alittledizzy wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote:I've posted another fic in my 2009/10!phan series, this one about their underrreported trip to Blackpool in April 2010.

No volcano can stop us now

I tried to incorporate all the little bits we know about that trip, most of them gathered by people on this forum. One nice bit is a picture Phil took of Dan eating ice cream.

Dan eating ice cream in Blackpool
It freaks me out a bit that this trip is so obscure that most of the bits of social media about it are still up, with just a handful of likes, comments, etc.
I've literally saved this for Friday not - all week long. And now I'm about to dive in.
I am honored.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
honeyseptic
woodland creature
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Pronouns: they/their/them
Location: the deep south
Contact:

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by honeyseptic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:10 am

so, i have an ao3 account, and ive had it since 2015 (kinda forgot i had it oops), and i dont have anything posted as of yet (i dont know when i will post anything recent), but i do plan on lurking and reading yalls phanfics

id love to add some phanfics i made to my ao3 account, however i made those back in 2012, and theyre not the best. they were about issues that i were struggling with (and still struggle even now), but since theyre not..very good, imo, or at least not nearly as good compared to all of you guys' phanfics, i dunno if i should add it. ive also made a dan x self-insert..bc im awful

idk. i guess i want you guys input on it. should i add my phanfics from ages ago and/or my self-insert or..? idk. it feels weird being empty and barren on my profile..sorry if this is a weird or annoying post
Image
"boku no darling~"

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 am

Skylar wrote:so, i have an ao3 account, and ive had it since 2015 (kinda forgot i had it oops), and i dont have anything posted as of yet (i dont know when i will post anything recent), but i do plan on lurking and reading yalls phanfics

id love to add some phanfics i made to my ao3 account, however i made those back in 2012, and theyre not the best. they were about issues that i were struggling with (and still struggle even now), but since theyre not..very good, imo, or at least not nearly as good compared to all of you guys' phanfics, i dunno if i should add it. ive also made a dan x self-insert..bc im awful

idk. i guess i want you guys input on it. should i add my phanfics from ages ago and/or my self-insert or..? idk. it feels weird being empty and barren on my profile..sorry if this is a weird or annoying post
I think there are lots of people on ao3 who don't have any fics on their accounts. Well, I don't really know how many, but when I follow back kudos, I definitely sometimes get to accounts with no fics posted. I wouldn't worry about having an account with no fics if that suits. But it sounds as though you'd like to put them up!

ao3 is a great place to put your fics up more-or-less for posterity, and certainly some people will read them and you can get interesting or nice feedback, which is always good! The flipside of that is that it's possible to become too invested in how many hits/kudos/comments you get (that's something I struggle with).

So, if you're comfortable putting your work out there, go for it! If you are interested in writing some more, putting up your old stuff is a great way to get yourself going--you won't be starting from scratch. At least some people will read what you wrote, and almost certainly some of those will like it, and there's your fanbase.

The one tip I would give is to look at fics you like and/or have attracted your attention, and copy their style of tags and summaries until you get the hang of it for your own style. You do want to let people know about what you have to offer!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
honeyseptic
woodland creature
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Pronouns: they/their/them
Location: the deep south
Contact:

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by honeyseptic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:52 am

well..took me ages but i got a majority of my recent-ish fanfics/phanfics up on ao3. here's the link if you want it: http://archiveofourown.org/users/skylarlazuli

and im terribly sorry if the indenting or the italics are off anywhere. im still getting the hang of the html tags since im so used to using forum html and stuff.. ;w;
Image
"boku no darling~"

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Skylar wrote:well..took me ages but i got a majority of my recent-ish fanfics/phanfics up on ao3. here's the link if you want it: http://archiveofourown.org/users/skylarlazuli

and im terribly sorry if the indenting or the italics are off anywhere. im still getting the hang of the html tags since im so used to using forum html and stuff.. ;w;
I checked them out, and I definitely think you should keep writing!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

tooqueerforyou
smol bean
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:18 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by tooqueerforyou » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:32 pm

OH HI http://archiveofourown.org/users/tooqueerforyou/works more will be added soon but pls

Loafer
butt chair
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by Loafer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:02 am

Uhmm I'm not sure if this totally counts because it's technically not 100% Phan but it definitely includes them. Basically, I read queerofcups fic "& handsome as hell", and was inspired to write my own take on the same events. And that's how I ended up writing a Phanthony series.

http://archiveofourown.org/series/779760

Full disclosure, this is my first real fic, the last time I wrote anything resembling creative writing was at least 5 years ago, and it certainly wasn't mostly smut. It's basically just un-beta'ed wish fulfillment and me getting the idea out of my system. But hopefully someone likes it??

User avatar
Whommel
sofa crease
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 am
Pronouns: They/them
Location: Denmark

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by Whommel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:28 pm

I look forward to reading your stories, I'm always on the lookout for fics. :)

Here is my own AO3 page: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Whommel

User avatar
dontpanic
rainbow nerd
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 am
Location: I've never seen the snow

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by dontpanic » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:47 pm

I rarely talk about my fanfiction, but I think I'm finally not as self-conscious about it where I can finally link my ao3 here. Whew.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/DontForgetToPanic

I've really enjoyed reading all your fics it's so exciting to kind of know the person behind the writing, it makes everything feel...calmer I guess? Especially since the phanfiction that's usually recommended by y'all feels like it's written so well and so realistic, which is so nice. idk if that makes sense I'm tired lol.

tl;dr I wouldn't be in this fandom if it wasn't for idb and I'm going to wax poetics about this place, especially since I'm in such a rocky place in my life. Thanks for all your fic reccomendations, and thanks for everyone on this thread for sharing your creativity, literally you're a godsend

edit: lol totally almost forgot to put the link
The only way to save 2017 is for The Cake Scene to be uploaded in 1080p

edit: 2017 was not saved

corgisocks
not a first-time poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:54 am

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by corgisocks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:34 pm

hi c: i recently wrote my first fic and it didn't get a lot of attention so i thought i'd share it here! it's about the post-baking universe and relationship negotiation
http://archiveofourown.org/works/12016533

foreverhome
tol bean
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:35 am

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by foreverhome » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 am

Hello! Suppose I could promo my fics here too - I only have a few short ones up but I'm proud of all of them, comments are much appreciated :love2: http://archiveofourown.org/users/andrienaline/

WrongEraDreamer
phillion/danosaur <//3
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 am

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by WrongEraDreamer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:44 am

Hi..... Sorry to bother......I wrote a phanfic not long ago.... it was only going to be one chapter..... but I did 6..... they are all short.... and can be read on their own...... My idea was "short chapters for busy readers"..... so.... yeah.... It's about Dan saying yes in different situations.......

http://archiveofourown.org/works/118485 ... s/26749107
Image

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am

I did a fic for the Phandom Big Bang....it was a pretty interesting exercise for me to write something long-form! It became a story about a kid named Emily Lester thirteen years from now, in a somewhat dystopian future that I think might actually happen in some form. And about her family, of course.

The World Turned Upside Down
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
DatCog
blobfish
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by DatCog » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:55 am

LeftHandedism wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am
I did a fic for the Phandom Big Bang....it was a pretty interesting exercise for me to write something long-form! It became a story about a kid named Emily Lester thirteen years from now, in a somewhat dystopian future that I think might actually happen in some form. And about her family, of course.

The World Turned Upside Down
Just read this all in one go, even though I've got other stuff to do! Absolutely loved it, thank you for sharing :love1:
"I can get it up as much as you" - Phil Lester 2018
Image

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by lefthandedism » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

DatCog wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:55 am
LeftHandedism wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am
I did a fic for the Phandom Big Bang....it was a pretty interesting exercise for me to write something long-form! It became a story about a kid named Emily Lester thirteen years from now, in a somewhat dystopian future that I think might actually happen in some form. And about her family, of course.

The World Turned Upside Down
Just read this all in one go, even though I've got other stuff to do! Absolutely loved it, thank you for sharing :love1:
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the lovely feedback. :lilheart:

(And I do plan to add more to the story in future.)
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
DatCog
blobfish
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: phanfics by IDBers

Post by DatCog » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:27 pm

LeftHandedism wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm
DatCog wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:55 am
LeftHandedism wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am
I did a fic for the Phandom Big Bang....it was a pretty interesting exercise for me to write something long-form! It became a story about a kid named Emily Lester thirteen years from now, in a somewhat dystopian future that I think might actually happen in some form. And about her family, of course.

The World Turned Upside Down
Just read this all in one go, even though I've got other stuff to do! Absolutely loved it, thank you for sharing :love1:
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the lovely feedback. :lilheart:

(And I do plan to add more to the story in future.)
Yay, I'm so relieved! Can't wait to find out what happens :D Trying not to think too much about how realistic it all seemed...I've been seriously considering moving to Scotland if Brexit goes the way I think it'll go :shock:
"I can get it up as much as you" - Phil Lester 2018
Image

Post Reply