Dan & Phil part 25: 15% depth, 75% bants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bee
phabergé

dollicious wrote:as everyone mentioned, i'm so sad to see the radio show end. i think dan will probably mention it in his ls today? last week he read a question about the radio show and pulled a face, so i think today he will probably answer another question about it, hopefully with more detail.
i'm all for phil rebranding but i honestly doubt the fringe is going anywhere yet. also i thought it was strange he removed his header and bio with nothing to replace it.
I have a maybe thought: he didn't put anything to replace it yet because he wants to put something in it we can't know about yet. Like a New Form Digital thing or maybe a banner for YT Red that can't be released yet.
phamnotof
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

You know, a part of me is sad the the radio thing appears to be over (I think the "apart of the family" might be connected to them still doing the music award thing each year) - but then, I don't know.

Going back never seemed like a good idea to me. I'm definitely sad that we're losing this really cool thing, but maybe it'll free up space for a new, cooler thing? Like I've far from watched all of it, but ever since the format changed from the 2 hrs a week to 1 a month, it felt like going through the motions & trying to recapture something, anyway.

My dream thing is that one day, when they put some distance between themselves an Internet Takeover, they can come back either to R1 or even to R3 and just have a cool, hourly show where Dan goes on overly dramatic tangents about his current weird and less weird faves & Phil not-so-silently rolls his eyes, which is a dynamic that both feels natural and yet relatively fresh from what we currently see them do.

As far as Phil's Twitter goes, I certainly hope it doesn't just become a giant self-promo, while yeah, that seems likely. All I want from him is more personalization, and being a walking promo board is the opposite of that.

Cause while I do still genuinely think they enjoy the radio, I don't think they enjoyed their show as much as they did in the beginning. But we'll see. Those YT videos certainly aren't getting old for me, and as long as we see them live on YouNow, I'll be fine, but I understand that esp. the people who were there for all the radio show history are bummed out.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

bee wrote:
dollicious wrote:as everyone mentioned, i'm so sad to see the radio show end. i think dan will probably mention it in his ls today? last week he read a question about the radio show and pulled a face, so i think today he will probably answer another question about it, hopefully with more detail.
i'm all for phil rebranding but i honestly doubt the fringe is going anywhere yet. also i thought it was strange he removed his header and bio with nothing to replace it.
I have a maybe thought: he didn't put anything to replace it yet because he wants to put something in it we can't know about yet. Like a New Form Digital thing or maybe a banner for YT Red that can't be released yet.

Interesting, I don't think it's very , it actually makes a lot of sense.
Even though I'm wondering why he won't keep the header until then. Why change it without having anything to replace it? He obviously changed the bio because of Radio 1 but there was no need to do the same with the header and profile pic. Maybe he wanted to do it all at the same time and since he kind of had to remove the bio, he decided to start with his whole profile.

I'm very intrigued if he really is re-branding and in which way Am I the only one who loves him with a quiff but still would be sad to see the fringe gone? I can't imagine him without one. I don't know, it doesn't seem like something either of them would do. But you never know with them :sideeye:
pulvis et umbra sumus
anathema
morning quiff

confusedpanda wrote: It's for sure a board of some type. Color swatching the wall then below the green line in photoshop has it show two different colors. If below the green wasn't a board, then it would've been the same color as the wall.
I don't know. It looks attached to the wall to me, because the edge of it is perfectly lined up with the corner of the wall. Also Phil is casting a shadow on the wall (if you look towards the top of the photo you can see the shadow of his phone) so that can play with the way photoshop perceives the colors.
Lain wrote: Maybe it is a board, or maybe Ickle was right and it's just a cable cover similar to these:
I think this makes the most sense, but do you think there's not a cord in it at the moment then? I would assume the reason he would have one would be for his TV cord or something similar, but there's nothing coming out of it.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
blueapple_x
flower crown

re: Phil's twitter header: I have a feeling it will either be replaced with a spon thing or perhaps it has something to do with what he was truly referring to when he talked about getting his twitter audience involved in something for a video? Idk, I'm just skeptical that he was referring to the DAPGO memes video when he said that because he told us on Sunday (the day they presumably filmed the vid) to keep an eye out and had the video up the very next day without asking his twitter audience for anything. So yeah, that's my guess? Maybe he'll do a #headerforphil lol.

re: radioshow: If it really is the end, it hasn't sunk in for me yet. Either that or maybe I've just gotten used to its absence so I'm not very affected.
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

melon lord wrote:
bluewho wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:SHIT SON, I NAMED A THREAD! Do I get a commemorative plate or alarm clock or something?
i think you might be able to commission melon lord to make you a certificate of some kind
Ask and ye shall receive :lol:

graphic design is my passion
Oh my godddd amazing

Phil's houseplant location and the green band (sounds like a HP book):

I'm pretty sure that's on his TV stand in his bedroom to the left of the TV if you were facing it. The green shit looks like Frog Tape to me: https://www.frogtape.co.uk

You use it to border stuff when you're painting (like masking tape but better)- me and my ex used it on our skirting boards and that's what it looks like in that pic to me. Not saying they're tarting the place up to get their deposit back when they move or anything

Phil's twitter:
Well shit Phil, why not just throw it all up in the air and start again eh? I actually fucking hated that header - I felt like I couldn't look at his twitter in public cos people would be like 'why the fuck is that girl in her twenties in a suit scrolling through some CBeebies presenter's twitter' :lol:

I second bee I think he's holding back for a reason. If that liveshow starts tonight and I see Phil sat next to him I'mma shit a brick.

THE STORM IS COMING
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Re: Phil Twitter changes

Or maybe, it has something to do with the 2-3 week away shitstorm that's supposed to be coming?
He and Dan are sneaky little shits lately it seems :sideeye:
Also Lurktacularr I love your posts
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
hannah
butt chair

I see you, ticia.
mio
#relatable

Why does he only talk domestic stuff about Phil I can't

Also Phil having a spontaneous mid life crisis confirmed.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
phamnotof
morning quiff

cool, bro?
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

When I work out how to make the men in black style device that will remove the word "pancake" from phils vocabulary I'm then going to programme it to remove "iconic" from dans
mio
#relatable

Oh my god, give me Undertale week.

Also video tomorrow..?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Dan's being super sketchy today.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Some thoughts on Dan’s live show:
- Phil is often dapper. True.
- Just tell us if the EU tour happening or not? (right now I'm leaning towards no)
- So they can say they will be back to the USA this year, but nothing about Europe. Ugh. :x
- Him talking about Phil changing his header and bio was fun. :lol:
- He doesn’t know the name of Phil’s shrimp, smh. Also bro, really? :sideeye:
- Seems like we won’t be getting a new Pokémon Go anytime soon.
- Darla is now replaced by the Real Satan.
- I always hope we can get through a live show without a Kanye mention, but no luck.
- Of course Dan believes in internet friends. ;)
- They might just finish Undertale in one go.
- Have to keep our eye on Dan’s Youtube channel tomorrow. Will get some news there.
- Dan is very against naming things all of a sudden. It was rather strange.
An okay live show.
phamnotof
morning quiff

Dan's liveshow, a summary:

1) I wanna punch him.
2) Music stuff yeah yeah sure.
3) Cool story, bro. (No, really, Phil introducing a new family member to Dan sounded so cute, and then - *bro*.)
4) Phil & candles: the true OTP.
5) No really what crawled up his butt? Or didn't. More likely.

Actual thought: Think the TATINOF stuff coming up has him in knots, and the onision drama might not be helping, and this is the result.
melon lord
morning quiff

Oh my god I wonder what tomorrow is

I am so excited/nervous I feel like I'm tingling everywhere

ALSO YES PLEASE TO GIANT UNDERTALE VIDEO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME THE UNDERTALE

But yeah in all seriousness he did seem a bit edgy today, he looked like he just wanted to have a proper vent about something and kept it in.

Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

A "Meh" Liveshow

Cheeky spon-but-not-really-because-it's-not-me: this is REAL SATAN Twitter page: https://twitter.com/danandphilcc .It's a permanent "Wut?" and I love it very much.
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Galactic-Howell wrote:Dan's being super sketchy today.
Agreed. If I had one word for that ls it would be 'sketchy'.

He seems to have flipped from excited and giddy to stressed and nervous. Presumably because releasing whatever's coming starts tomorrow.

If its seriously just tour shit I'll be disappointed because the impression I'm getting is that its something on top of that since they've already announced the docs.

Edit - I wonder if its something to do with TV? Maybe they're not losing that BBC connection after all.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
blueapple_x
flower crown

Interesting liveshow...

No mention of the radioshow sadly. Phil apparently decided to change his twitter shit randomly.

They're going back to America this year....for what? Who knows. Another creator summit perhaps?

Also, looks like we'll get a teaser trailer for the movie stuff tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Still no mention of a European tour but he did say some dates on his calendar were blocked out so...?
Zaz
dank meme

Lurktacularr wrote:
Galactic-Howell wrote:Dan's being super sketchy today.
Agreed. If I had one word for that ls it would be 'sketchy'.

He seems to have flipped from excited and giddy to stressed and nervous. Presumably because releasing whatever's coming starts tomorrow.

if its seriously just tour shit I'll be disappointed because the impression I'm getting is that its something on top of that since they've already announced the docs.
Same! I got the feeling it was sth new. Dont let us down Danny! :sideeye:

Anyway I delayed grading papers for the ls. He was entertaining. And cute. dangirl alert? :lol: :gg:

Love to you all guys
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes!
isabella
butt chair

Are they doing something with stand up to cancer? I vaguely recall dan mentioning they were going to be involved in a bigger way this year, so maybe that's what's being announced on dan's channel tomorrow?

*also hi jumping out of lurkdom to speculate*
majitzu
angel bean

I love it... yeah that's all i wanted to say

I wanna know what is coming, they seem so busy, and I believe them, it must be frustrating working and that no one notice it... cause at the end we have 2 videos documentarys that we will watch in 1 day, but they have been workingin it for months, the same with the book. And the calendar houndreds of photos they take.

In one part of the ls he was like Phil Phil Phil phil bought a plant, phil light some candle, phil wake up and decide to change his twitter photo, delete the bio and header "the madman", phil bought PSL, have you seen Phil´s last video. I was laughing and enjoying it

It was not my fave ls, but i enjoy it a lot

Edit: He is beautiful, he is such a cutie
Last edited by majitzu on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melon lord
morning quiff

I really wanna gif that moment when he had his hands over his face at the parrot part because he's too cute for me to handle he's my precious pistachio muffin, too good for this world, too pure

Sketchy is the perfect word I'd use, Galactic-Howell and Lurktacularr

Also that last quote about being positive? Idk maybe he just had a moment but it was like "please remember to be kind and follow my advice when my video comes out tomorrow" or maybe I'm overthinking

isabella
butt chair

majitzu wrote:In one part of the ls he was like Phil Phil Phil phil bought a plant, phil light some candle, phil wake up and decide to change his twitter photo, delete the bio and header "the madman", phil bought PSL, have you seen Phil´s last video. I was laughing and enjoying it
Literally like the boy has no chill. It was like he got nervous or uncomfortable then went PHIL!
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I have a wierd feeling its going to be 90% spon for a while. The comment he made about putting out regular crap content vs one thing you have worked on a long time for was interesting to me. It is very dangerous to do that and it needs to be handled properly, otherwise it will flop. Will it only be their regular fans that watch it, because that is not enough to pay for the cost of putting it together. They might be under a lot of pressure to market this to people who don't know them. Maybe they know what getting a large influx of new fans will be like. Whenever there is a new fan all the same questions, old vids, and deleted comments are brought back up. I doubt either of them look forward to that aspect of having such a new big project. I kinda wish this was just something they had filmed on their phones and uploaded themselves in that regards.

On the other hand I am very excited for both the fancy camera angles and quality of the show, and the behind the scenes aspect of the documentary. I'm glad AP channel gets to host the Doc :)

My vote is on them being forced to go to the youtube NY space for promo or rewind. Not sure why though since there is a london space.

So I heard Crystal maze is a part of su2c and they are just nerdy enough to want to do something like that lol. I kinda hope that is how they are involved lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crystal_Maze