Dan & Phil part 25: 15% depth, 75% bants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ravenreyes
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

i think it's probably going to be something pretty obvious, like a teaser for the doc or something else we're expecting.
but a tiny part of me feels like i should be prepared for anything right now lmao. i think the kind of odd liveshow in combination with speculation about what it could be is getting to me.
english is not my first language
syzygy
drama llama

phamnotof wrote:All of this buttering up/interactiveness... Man... Who else is expecting something terrible to drop. Like oh god, more touring, someone hold my hand, I'm scared.
Right? Their increased activity is making me feel suspicious. Like, go back to tweeting once every 2 days and uploading once a month so I can chill.
melon lord
morning quiff

[offtopic]Okay can I ask something totes random? You can answer in spoiler tags if you don't want to interrupt the flow, or even PM me, my box is always open

You guys talk a lot about the negative criticism of tatinof or was it tabinof? well, one of the two. And that it scarred them/affected them and how much better things were in America? Can someone fill me in on what happened during that phase, please? I left the unmentionable place a little around 2013 so I missed a huge chunk of that time period and the drama. I would come back like once every six months or whatever and ask what was up, so to me I'm pretty neutral about it all Like you guys talk as if it was so widespread that they got serious recoil from it and I'm really interested.

Thanks if anyone is interested in keeping an old gal in the loop [/offtopic]

-----

Other than that, I'm so nervous about tonight, you have no idea :lol: I have my sub page on youtube up and running and keep hitting the refresh button and also permanently refreshing here too in case someone is quicker than me

Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Good morning everyone!

I know I had a really bad/sad dream about DnP last night, but I can't remember it. I hope it's not an omen because I am so excited about everything they have coming up.

I want them to finish undertale in a block, but I hope they don't rush it. I would rather have the long laid back episodes where they really explore and enjoy it then just trying to get it done. But I'm selfish, I want all the gaming episodes. I want them to quit everything else and just do 5 gaming videos a day and play all the games lol.

About louis - maybe most of their communication is done online? who needs phones? Also, I have friends who I never talk to but still consider really good friends, and they know they could contact me at any time for life giving blood or whatever and I will be there for them. A good friendship doesn't need constant communication, especially when you already have someone you tell everything too (like a husband, amirite) :)

Agreed with wanting to know about the tabinof drama - by the time I came around it was already out and beloved. Lemme know the dirty secrets the fandom has buried.
majitzu
angel bean

melon lord wrote:[offtopic]
Okay can I ask something totes random? You can answer in spoiler tags if you don't want to interrupt the flow, or even PM me, my box is always open

You guys talk a lot about the negative criticism of tatinof or was it tabinof? well, one of the two. And that it scarred them/affected them and how much better things were in America? Can someone fill me in on what happened during that phase, please? I left the unmentionable place a little around 2013 so I missed a huge chunk of that time period and the drama. I would come back like once every six months or whatever and ask what was up, so to me I'm pretty neutral about it all Like you guys talk as if it was so widespread that they got serious recoil from it and I'm really interested.

Thanks if anyone is interested in keeping an old gal in the loop :love2
:[/offtopic]
Just go and read the gg pages of that time. I read almost all gg deppy threads before start posting and I had to avoid those threads because who needs that kind of negativity. It was a pretty big backlash, because they had started the gaming channel a few months ago and after a good start the video schedule started to go down, and they presence on social media was minimun. So when people discover the book was the motive they were not happy.
fancybum
senpai

Artdefines06 wrote: I want them to finish undertale in a block, but I hope they don't rush it. I would rather have the long laid back episodes where they really explore and enjoy it then just trying to get it done. But I'm selfish, I want all the gaming episodes. I want them to quit everything else and just do 5 gaming videos a day and play all the games lol.
I think it could be better even if they do end up rushing it a bit. Because the way they're doing it now, they really can't get very involved in the story or characters when they only come back to it every few weeks/months. If they do it all in one go, at least they'll remember what's going on and hopefully feel more invested in things. It better not just be used as a replacement for Spooky Week though or I'll riot.

{edit: honestly I'm getting a little about how long it's taking to get the next episode and how they keep mentioning they haven't even filmed yet. I'd be very surprised if they haven't seen some of the anticipation about upcoming dialogue (spoiler: bros actually being in love with e/o) and I'm starting to think they're putting it off because they don't want to put up with the comments that will follow, so are trying to figure out how to get through it or edit it/around it while burying it with a rush of content. But that's probably overthinking it and they've just been busy.... maybe... }

re: bour reaction. I wasn't on gg at the time either, but I read through all the threads before joining and that's the only one that I had to just give up on, it was so. negative [which is really saying something considering the website overall]. Suddenly D&P were awful sellouts, cashing in and becoming another typical money crazed soulless YTer, fuck them, fuck everything. People literally just flipped their shit, and D&P went completely silent after the announcement for a day so people basically just got angrier and angrier lol. It was a mess. Browse through those threads if you want to feel lots of bad feelings.
Last edited by fancybum on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
melon lord
morning quiff

I might go through those threads, I just don't even know which number to start with (I'll try and find it I suppose, I am a competent searcher, was just hoping to avoid that place)

Yeah I was there at the whispers of the book and it was scary :? Suddenly people with whom you hung out with almost every night on the forum and elsewhere were going bananas over it, it was like werewolves under the full moon.

I could spiral into a huge rant about Youtube and fans (especially young fans) but eh, I'm too busy consuming felucca's videos Spread the love!

I want them to take their time with Undertale and also enjoy it but they are taking too long between episodes and my heart aches I have a feeling they do genuinely enjoy it but they haven't even gotten to the juicy parts yet. That's what worries me :lol:

Lurktacularr
procrastinator

fancybum wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote: I want them to finish undertale in a block, but I hope they don't rush it. I would rather have the long laid back episodes where they really explore and enjoy it then just trying to get it done. But I'm selfish, I want all the gaming episodes. I want them to quit everything else and just do 5 gaming videos a day and play all the games lol.
I think it could be better even if they do end up rushing it a bit. Because the way they're doing it now, they really can't get very involved in the story or characters when they only come back to it every few weeks/months. If they do it all in one go, at least they'll remember what's going on and hopefully feel more invested in things. It better not just be used as a replacement for Spooky Week though or I'll riot.

re: bour reaction. I wasn't on gg at the time either, but I read through all the threads before joining and that's the only one that I had to just give up on, it was so. negative [which is really saying something considering the website overall]. Suddenly D&P were awful sellouts, cashing in and becoming another typical money crazed soulless YTer, fuck them, fuck everything. People literally just flipped their shit, and D&P went completely silent after the announcement for a day so people basically just got angrier and angrier lol. It was a mess. Browse through those threads if you want to feel lots of bad feelings.
+1

The reaction was so strong, we actually lost a couple of members permanently in that 24 hour window where deppy went silent. It was widely speculated (back there and on other platforms) that they went quiet because there was such an overwhelmingly negative reaction and they didn't know how to handle it.

Then they did a joint liveshow and everyone calmed down a bit.

Then it was released and most people worked out it was actually pretty great and they'd put a lot of time and effort into making it something worthwhile.

Then they announced the tour and that went down well too.

Then they went on the tour and I DIED INSIDE.

And just as I'm back to living again, I feel like tonight we might have some shit dropped on us which could stand to cause a similarly strong reaction either way. Buckle up kids
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
majitzu
angel bean

If you really want to read it, that you don't. You can't click here ,don't do it. And enjoy the ride, you won't.

Seriously who needs that kind of negativity now
melon lord
morning quiff

majitzu wrote:If you really want to read it, that you don't. You can't click here ,don't do it. And enjoy the ride, you won't.

Are you being serious or are you joking? (I'm genuinely asking because I'm confused)

I'm sorry if I upset people with asking about it. :( I just didn't want to spend hours looking through past threads of a huge mess.

I'll go back to lurking now, sorry again

fancybum
senpai

melon lord wrote:
majitzu wrote:If you really want to read it, that you don't. You can't click here ,don't do it. And enjoy the ride, you won't.

Are you being serious or are you joking? (I'm genuinely asking because I'm confused)

I'm sorry if I upset people with asking about it. :( I just didn't want to spend hours looking through past threads of a huge mess.

No, no one's upset! She's just saying 'enter if you dare' because it's a shitshow. Don't go back into lurkdom! Honestly that first page after you click gives you the gist, but if you keep reading it gets so much worse.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
majitzu
angel bean

melon lord wrote:

Hey I'm not angry, I'm just saying that there is the link if you want, but better stay away of that thread. You haven't upset anyone, don't worry. Don't you dare make me feel guilty now
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Waggle9007 wrote: Getting that practice in without Dan are we, Philly? :lol:
Am I the only one who read this tweet in Dan's voice? It's more of a thing Dan would say like 'Haha oh you guys~' which is a thing he does cause it's part of his brand and all. But it's so unlike Phil. The tone, the subject... did a bit of Phil Lester slip through the persona? Was the Chibi Rawr XD Header Of Hell what contained Phil's true form and now it's loose? Is the merge finally complete?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
melon lord
morning quiff

majitzu wrote:
Hey I'm not angry, I'm just saying that there is the link if you want, but better stay away of that thread. You haven't upset anyone, don't worry. Don't you dare make me feel guilty now
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up majitzu and fancybum Sometimes it's hard for me to understand tone on the internet which is why I rely on emojis a lot. :oops:

(btw breath of the wild looks amazing and it's nice to see a fellow fan even tho it's still very soon)

I'll wear my long stilts so that I don't step in the layer of shitmud from the salty forum days :lol:

nephilimcat
woodland creature

Catallena wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote: Getting that practice in without Dan are we, Philly? :lol:
Am I the only one who read this tweet in Dan's voice? It's more of a thing Dan would say like 'Haha oh you guys~' which is a thing he does cause it's part of his brand and all. But it's so unlike Phil. The tone, the subject... did a bit of Phil Lester slip through the persona? Was the Chibi Rawr XD Header Of Hell what contained Phil's true form and now it's loose? Is the merge finally complete?
I didn't read it in Dan's voice but when I looked at it the second time, I thought that it didn't seem very "philly" as well. I'm intrigued to see if he changes into himself more or if it was an accident The spontaneous twitter change, suddenly replying on instagram, being more active... Is it all a giant coincidence or is he up to something?
pulvis et umbra sumus
Aurdie
spork

I have to admit that I too have an unfounded/irrational fear that something "bad" is going to be announced. but then again, I'm the kind of person who is always waiting for the other shoe to drop ... hope I'll be pleasantly surprised, instead.
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Ugh, seriously feel so tense about what's going to be dropped today (thanks Dan, smh)

Lowkey hoping it'll be #phanconfirmed (ofc) But that is highly unlikely
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
Lucet
spork

They're purchasing their own real estate. Separately.
Lucet
spork

That's the announcement? Meh, boring. :sideeye:
fakelights
living flop

Nothing scandalous, then. But nice acting there lol
Last edited by fakelights on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenreyes
sofa crease

i must have checked my subscriptions right when it was posted, but thank god now i can relax and stop thinking it was going to be something bad or unexpected at least.

i am looking forward to it though bc i don't think i would've ever gone to see it live, even if they came here
english is not my first language
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

So I guess that means Tatinof Europe is not happening lol :roll:
anathema
morning quiff

The trailer honestly wasn't that exciting but now I'm majorly missing TATINOF :sobs: :sobs:
(Also why did they have to blur Phil's laptop stickers? :lol:)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

October 5th is so soon. I don't know why I felt like the wait would be longer. :shock:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fakelights wrote: Nothing scandalous, then. But nice acting there lol
About what I was expecting really.

And yeah after Dan's last live show and this coming out so soon, the small hopes I still had for an EU tour are dead.