Dan & Phil part 25: 15% depth, 75% bants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

AAAAH i don't even know where to start!

firstly, i was in school when they released it- i wish they'd push the time back a bit further as pretty much all of their u.s. fans (that are in middle/high school) were fucked as the time translated to EST 2pm. since school here isn't out til 3pm for hs and 4pm for middle, i sat down in my last class (i'm in high school- lord help me if i was on this site in middle) and placed my bets on getting caught watching these trailers during my english test.

then again, beggars can't be choosers. i can deal. i'll just have to wait for five yEArs to watch the doc once it comes out because i'll be in class. or maybe i can convince my mom to pick me up early but that's a stretch.

trailer-wise it made me super emotional due fact that i saw the tour twice + met them at playlist so i was a bit of a wreck. i'm so excited for the domestics that will be in the doc !! i !! am here for it ! and i want to see what they'll do regarding the bedddd

we'll see in due time i guess !
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
blond
smol bean

blueapple_x wrote:
blond wrote: So, Dan kept mentioning that anyone will be able to buy the movie as a stand alone, but unfortunately movies on google play is not available in my country yet (and I don't really feel like waiting another 5 yrs until it is). I tried hola but it didn't solve anything. Does anyone have any way to get around this or is in the same boat as me? I know I could probably find a download somewhere (tho I feel like they'll be on top of that), but I really wanted to watch it the night it comes out :/
Welcome to IDB! Check this list to see if/how your country will be able to pay for it:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... ility&rd=1
Paying through Google Play is different from paying through regular youtube.
Thanks!
My country isn't on the list
bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

I'm so ready!
With the trailer, I was cringing a lot,but in a good way.does that make sense? I actually thought the trailer would make a few more of you cringe.
It was so weird to see them in such a professional way. They seem like actual celebrities.
I was so happy hearing there's actually going to be rebranding. I have a feeling *knocks on wood* that this is the last year they're keeping their relationship ambiguous. 2017 is going to be wild.
The documentary though.
Nice analyzing. You guys did this much in a minute and a half, imagine how many threads it's going to take to get through the whole thing.
blond wrote:
Thanks!
Welcome! :platonic:
Dan said you can watch it anywhere in his last liveshow, you just have to go to his channel and you'll see the movie.
Last edited by bear on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

the trailers were so good! really excited to watch them both.

definitely more interested in the making of doco and plan on watching that one first

i mean, generally i can be summarised by akin to most of you.

thank the pantheon of deities that yt red has already been launched in my country, and i've just signed up to/become a member of it, roll on oct 5th
blueapple_x
flower crown

blond wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
blond wrote: So, Dan kept mentioning that anyone will be able to buy the movie as a stand alone, but unfortunately movies on google play is not available in my country yet (and I don't really feel like waiting another 5 yrs until it is). I tried hola but it didn't solve anything. Does anyone have any way to get around this or is in the same boat as me? I know I could probably find a download somewhere (tho I feel like they'll be on top of that), but I really wanted to watch it the night it comes out :/
Welcome to IDB! Check this list to see if/how your country will be able to pay for it:
Thanks!
What does it say when you try to view youtube red content on youtube? Just that it's not available in your country? Idk if this will work but maybe try scrolling down the homepage on YT and changing the "content location" to somewhere like the US? Then test to see if you have the option to buy a YTR video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPX7GXSc1q8
Last edited by blueapple_x on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
isabella
butt chair

Lurktacularr wrote:
flarequake wrote:(how can they see each other any better when they have to close their eyes to not take a wet wipe to the eyeball?)
I wondered about this - I assume this is something they do on stage for the hashtaglols - can someone who's seen it live confirm/deny?
nope it's not done on stage. they leave the stage with cat whiskers and come back without them, so it's something they do really quickly backstage. it's cute but seems unnecessarily complicated for them to remove each others' haha
buffy
tol bean

The doc trailer is giving me life, while the show trailer makes me cringe a bit. I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm a slut for some professionally filmed domestic bants. I don't know what to watch first, ahhh!
Philena
blobfish

isabella wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
flarequake wrote:(how can they see each other any better when they have to close their eyes to not take a wet wipe to the eyeball?)
I wondered about this - I assume this is something they do on stage for the hashtaglols - can someone who's seen it live confirm/deny?
nope it's not done on stage. they leave the stage with cat whiskers and come back without them, so it's something they do really quickly backstage. it's cute but seems unnecessarily complicated for them to remove each others' haha
Perhaps they need each other's help when removing costumes, too???
isabella
butt chair

Philena wrote:Perhaps they need each other's help when removing costumes, too???
like, i'm laughing, but same hahaha
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Another lurker that decided to finally post. Hi!

I don't have much to add to what's already been posted, but count me as another one that's more excited for the doc than anything else. I was not expecting to be this psyched for either of them, but here we are. :D Among other things I think I'm really interested in seeing the contrast between D&P right before they go on stage and right after, if that makes sense?
nephilimcat
woodland creature

So does anyone else how it works when it's available on Google Play in your country? I really hope that doesn't change anything important...
pulvis et umbra sumus
kuensukki
janice from the shop

anathema wrote:I'm excited for the show itself but I'm so much more excited for the documentary!! AHHHHHH! Also, I'm surprised the trailer for the docu went on Phil's channel and the show on Dan's. The docu seems much more like a "Dan" thing to me but
The first PINOF was on Phil's channel, so was the first DITL and every one after that so it'd make perfect sense to come full circle to the channel that started it all

Phan the relationship (whatever is your interpretation) rant: If we look at the big picture it started with two randoms makings collab because they genuinely loved each other from first sight. From that first collab there was burning chemistry, both holding their own ground yet playing off each other effortlessly. They knew from the beginning that it was the start of something amazing. That might have been what gave Dan the confidence to say "fuck you" to becoming a lawyer. He had trust in Phil and trust in what they could be. They're far from perfect boys, yes they're flawed, yes they're annoying to each other and even to us, yes they lie and hide and even manipulate at times but that's what makes me appreciate them. To be able to get recognized as such a successful duo with a brand that's completely unique is already a feat. They really succeeded in being relatable guys who were sensitive and kind and very successful being that way. They grew at one point, one more then the other yet they still had faith in each other. They knew that one couldn't succeed without the other and fuck were they right because they combine into an amazing team. Yes they're lazy AF but they're also guys that work hard and stress to plan a full show without half-assing it. I feel so proud seeing those two horny guys in PINOF and seeing how far they both came and the fact that they achieved it together makes it all the more sweeter.

People probably don't understand why we love these guys so much but I'm starting to get a clue. They really portray the notion that sometimes your future is a lot brighter then your current circumstances. You can grow as a person an even succeed in a rather unconventional way. Meeting one person can change your life and improve it for the better. We are all humans aiming for one thing, happiness and for some, an eternal partner that gets you completely and allows you to be yourself without any judgement or fear. Someone who loves you with all your flaws and isn't afraid of reigning you in or letting you fly. I'm jealous because the boys have it whether they realize it or not.

Wow where did that go :shock: (sorry in an emo trashcan rn)
blond
smol bean

blueapple_x wrote:
blond wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Thanks!
What does it say when you try to view youtube red content on youtube? Just that it's not available in your country? Idk if this will work but maybe try scrolling down the homepage on YT and changing the "content location" to somewhere like the US? Then test to see if you have the option to buy a YTR video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPX7GXSc1q8
Yea, I tried to purchase a different YT Red Original to see what will happen on Wednesday (since I noticed my country wasn't on the list) and it won't let me. Under the video it says not available and when I watch the preview to each episode there is a Rent button that pops up that doesn't take me anywhere. I feel like I've tried everything. I'm doomed.

But really thanks for all the help! I thought maybe someone else here possibly lived somewhere that wasn't on the list as well.
hollyphan
glabella

nephilimcat wrote:So does anyone else how it works when it's available on Google Play in your country? I really hope that doesn't change anything important...
here in GER you just need a google account and then you can buy it like itunes.
Phandom got me like..
ravenreyes
sofa crease

i'm so excited about both of them, but especially the doc!
i don't really have anything coherent to say right now, other than that the doc trailer kind of made me a bit emotional with the clips from old videos and everything

i have a feeling this next week is going to feel very long
english is not my first language
nephilimcat
woodland creature

hollyphan wrote:
nephilimcat wrote:So does anyone else how it works when it's available on Google Play in your country? I really hope that doesn't change anything important...
here in GER you just need a google account and then you can buy it like itunes.
That's good, I was already worried :lol:
kuensukki wrote:Phan the relationship (whatever is your interpretation) rant: If we look at the big picture it started with two randoms makings collab because they genuinely loved each other from first sight. From that first collab there was burning chemistry, both holding their own ground yet playing off each other effortlessly. They knew from the beginning that it was the start of something amazing. That might have been what gave Dan the confidence to say "fuck you" to becoming a lawyer. He had trust in Phil and trust in what they could be. They're far from perfect boys, yes they're flawed, yes they're annoying to each other and even to us, yes they lie and hide and even manipulate at times but that's what makes me appreciate them. To be able to get recognized as such a successful duo with a brand that's completely unique is already a feat. They really succeeded in being relatable guys who were sensitive and kind and very successful being that way. They grew at one point, one more then the other yet they still had faith in each other. They knew that one couldn't succeed without the other and fuck were they right because they combine into an amazing team. Yes they're lazy AF but they're also guys that work hard and stress to plan a full show without half-assing it. I feel so proud seeing those two horny guys in PINOF and seeing how far they both came and the fact that they achieved it together makes it all the more sweeter.

People probably don't understand why we love these guys so much but I'm starting to get a clue. They really portray the notion that sometimes your future is a lot brighter then your current circumstances. You can grow as a person an even succeed in a rather unconventional way. Meeting one person can change your life and improve it for the better. We are all humans aiming for one thing, happiness and for some, an eternal partner that gets you completely and allows you to be yourself without any judgement or fear. Someone who loves you with all your flaws and isn't afraid of reigning you in or letting you fly. I'm jealous because the boys have it whether they realize it or not.
Wow, this is just so true. You almost made me cry there
pulvis et umbra sumus
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

blond maybe there's still hope for you, a few months ago my country wasn't on the list but when the teaser came out i checked again and they had added it! if that doesn't happen i'm sure it will make its way to torrent sites fairly quickly, i checked with a few ytr originals and they are all pretty easy to find, i know not everyone is on my same level of idgaf about pirating but honestly you literally can't buy it so it's not like you have other options
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

isabella wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
nobody can tell me they didn't plan it that way so they actually have some form of physical contact during the show. and i also refuse to believe they removed the whiskers at arms length every night.

i am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED for the tour doco!!! talking about their thought processes with the show, getting excited over what they've achieved together, speaking about each other fondly, DITL-esque snippets... i'm just really hype to see a less guarded dan and phil who talk about their work.

i currently have no wifi in my new place and am streaming the trailers to my laptop in HQ. bye phone bill
eevee
emo goose

Philena wrote: Perhaps they need each other's help when removing costumes, too???
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

re: they have lots of shirts that look the same It occurred to me like halfway through the tour that they mustve made a bunch of identical shirts as costumes and I'm just like...how? Dan bought that eclipse design from someone, did they need permission?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Winston
flower crown

kuensukki wrote:
anathema wrote:I'm excited for the show itself but I'm so much more excited for the documentary!! AHHHHHH! Also, I'm surprised the trailer for the docu went on Phil's channel and the show on Dan's. The docu seems much more like a "Dan" thing to me but
The first PINOF was on Phil's channel, so was the first DITL and every one after that so it'd make perfect sense to come full circle to the channel that started it all

Phan the relationship (whatever is your interpretation) rant: If we look at the big picture it started with two randoms makings collab because they genuinely loved each other from first sight. From that first collab there was burning chemistry, both holding their own ground yet playing off each other effortlessly. They knew from the beginning that it was the start of something amazing. That might have been what gave Dan the confidence to say "fuck you" to becoming a lawyer. He had trust in Phil and trust in what they could be. They're far from perfect boys, yes they're flawed, yes they're annoying to each other and even to us, yes they lie and hide and even manipulate at times but that's what makes me appreciate them. To be able to get recognized as such a successful duo with a brand that's completely unique is already a feat. They really succeeded in being relatable guys who were sensitive and kind and very successful being that way. They grew at one point, one more then the other yet they still had faith in each other. They knew that one couldn't succeed without the other and fuck were they right because they combine into an amazing team. Yes they're lazy AF but they're also guys that work hard and stress to plan a full show without half-assing it. I feel so proud seeing those two horny guys in PINOF and seeing how far they both came and the fact that they achieved it together makes it all the more sweeter.

Wow where did that go :shock: (sorry in an emo trashcan rn)
:sobs:
actions speak louder than words
sinnamonrollphil
drama llama

bear wrote:
blond wrote:
Thanks!
Dan said you can watch it anywhere in his last liveshow, you just have to go to his channel and you'll see the movie.

So it does say on the YT Red website that it is only available for purchase in 'select countries' where YT Red is not out yet. https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... ility&rd=1

I personally think if there isn't an option to purchase the movies in certain countries for some reason, then you should be able to go to their channels and watch for free. I'm hoping that's what deppy worked out with YT because that would be the fair thing to do. It's not your fault YT doesn't have their crap together in your country
bear
hobbit hair

sinnamonrollphil wrote:
bear wrote:
blond wrote:
Thanks!

So it does say on the YT Red website that it is only available for purchase in 'select countries' where YT Red is not out yet. https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... ility&rd=1

I personally think if there isn't an option to purchase the movies in certain countries for some reason, then you should be able to go to their channels and watch for free. I'm hoping that's what deppy worked out with YT because that would be the fair thing to do. It's not your fault YT doesn't have their crap together in your country
That would make sense, considering what Dan said in his liveshow. Also that would give Youtube a lot of extra cash so...
blond
smol bean

trashqueen thanks! idgaf about pirating either but this was one of the first things they were selling that I was genuinely excited about and wanted to be a part of the moment it was released. crossing my fingers that there's still a chance.

sinnamonrollphil & bear ooo, i hope that's the case, but i can't really see that happening :/
districthirteen
phillion/danosaur <//3

De-lurking to say, the first time I watched the documentary trailer was in the midst of lunch and I almost started tearing up in a burrito shop wth and I'm SO INCREDIBLY HYPED.

That being said I just rewatched the docu trailer a second time and while the whisker-scrubbing part made me the first time I saw it, now that I think about it rationally, it's EXTREMELY unrealistic that this was what actually happened during the show, there's no way they'd have time for that backstage when they need to rush out immediately after. I'd like to think I know a thing or two about stage shows and that is really the job of a make-up assistant. It just struck me as extremely deliberate that maybe they filmed that shot just to put in the documentary and maybe I need to see the whole section of the movie for context but as of now I'm just

That being said, TAKE ALL MY MONEY BOYS I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT
corn flakes
moon room

[offtopic]I'm an uni student with the odd job here and there that usually doesn't buy things online, I pay with cash whenever it's possible. Now you all confused me: so my country is on the list, it says you can buy it via yt...what does it mean? what's the difference with via googleplay? according to them I would be able to see the doc whenever I want, what are the possible ways to pay? I have a paypal somewhere it's only a matter of finding it and all the info related to that, is it good?[/offtopic]

I loved the trailers! the documentary seems to be quite interesting, I know it would be all polished but to see how tatinof came to life and the behind the scenes, count me in 8-)

To be honest I'm also for this
what could they plan?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me