Dan & Phil part 25: 15% depth, 75% bants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

The trailers were so cute I actually did a little squeal and then was mortified at how attached I've grown to these nerds

I refuse to believe captain clumsy made cups of coffee on a moving bus without scalding himself at least once
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

Artdefines06 wrote:I dont think they are in it guys...I might have gotten my hopes up a bit too far....
Are you telling me that that hunky silhouette in the middle isn't Phil?
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
vincentian
hobbit hair

Regarding hugs, there was footage in TomSka's vlog from aftermath of the Hollywood show where they hug people who congratulate them. If the footage from it is in the doc too, I guess we have a chance to see a proper hug, wouldn't it be awkward to hug everybody but each other in the "we made it" spirit? The group hug with the tour crew/Martyn&Cornelia will do too.
I'm also expecting tears (probably Dan's), otherwise I'm refusing to like the doc. :lol:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Do we know what & when will be doing for Stand Up to Cancer? Imagine if they did what Doug is doing :lol:
papierklemmen
flower crown

hi there! another lurker here, ready to join your chatter. :D

i'm one of the newer fans, i started watching d&p'last year because i found their gaming channel 'cause i mostly watch that kind of stuff on youtube, although i had previously heard of them before. i was surprised to find out they weren't an actual duo but in fact had two separate channels! anyway, i've been lurking here for a while because i love reading overanalyzed stuff. i decided to finally join because of the docu trailer, since it shattered my determination to never pay for anything on youtube, lol.

anyways, i wanted to contribute one small bit for ( ) funsies, but i can't post links in my first post, oh well. :)
Amelie
delia smith

I'm soooooo excited for the documentary!! Of course it is being released at like 4am, but at least I will have a lot of motivation to get my day started off nice and early :D

I'm still hoping that there will be a way for me to buy it outright, but it doesn't look good. Thankfully I have not yet used my YTR free trial, but I 1000% would just rather buy those two movies instead of signing up for something I don't want

I'm definitely looking forward to revisiting TATINOF and seeing it from a slightly better angle than my nosebleed seat. Probably will go for the docu first though as I LOVE behind the scenes videos, and with it will only be better!
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

sweetmm wrote:Do we know what & when will be doing for Stand Up to Cancer? Imagine if they did what Doug is doing :lol:
Phil is too pale. He'll blind the people who'll see him. But if (as if) they do that (1) we'll know why Dan had been censoring his nipple (2) Shakira hips! (3) chest hair and (4)it can end the argument who tops/bottoms. I am just kidding. Please don't take me seriously. :facepalm:

are really sentimental shit. PINOF was uploaded on Oct. 25. TABINOF was released on Oct. 8. Now they have the YoutubeRed release on Oct. 5. What's with October? You cannot tell me that that their real anniversary is not on October.
snowbows
tol bean

OK this is probably coming right out of left field and is probably nothing but.. Has anyone noticed the "whitewashed" Stand up to cancer pictures having no Dan and Phil on them? There's an article talking about the lack of diversity quoting twitpics of the full collage but at the top there's one where they smushed others together and just had no D&P. Were they added in after everyone else? Or were they removed? http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/09/01/ ... asted-lack
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Artdefines06 wrote:I dont think they are in it guys...I might have gotten my hopes up a bit too far....
Oh that is disappointing, I was looking forwards to Phil going in and doing physical challenges whilst Dan sits outside shouting NOOOOOOOOO PHIL NOT THAT WAY *facepalm*.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

papierklemmen wrote:hi there! another lurker here, ready to join your chatter. :D

i'm one of the newer fans, i started watching d&p'last year because i found their gaming channel 'cause i mostly watch that kind of stuff on youtube, although i had previously heard of them before. i was surprised to find out they weren't an actual duo but in fact had two separate channels! anyway, i've been lurking here for a while because i love reading overanalyzed stuff. i decided to finally join because of the docu trailer, since it shattered my determination to never pay for anything on youtube, lol.

anyways, i wanted to contribute one small bit for ( ) funsies, but i can't post links in my first post, oh well. :)
hi :D same here to everything, and welcome
:biflag: :blackheart:
daphenaxa
blobfish

Hey I have rewatched the trailers a couple of times and I have now an opinion a bit more concrete.
I am excited especially about the BTS like everyone here but I am also pretty scared to be honest.

Like that trailer, is so... slick and balanced and professional and American and controlled. You have the perfect amount of funny, of cute, of silly, of domestic, of emotional confession at exactly the right moment. And You have the inspiring voice over and you have some unfortunately quite obvious staging and you have the endearing struggles to dance...
It is thought out from A to Z and completely calculated to create exactly the effect that we saw last night and today.
Idk I am excited and I wanna see all the fluff and all (i hope some good samaritan will put it on the dd or something :P) but I also have the impression of watching the One Direction movie and it makes me uncomfortable because it looks too marketed and too professional and too slick and kinda fake.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
starlight-still
truth bomb

OK, now that I’ve slept off the trashiness a little (a very little tbh), there are a few small things that make me even more excited about the docu:
- Fellow Americans and Canadians or even people who’ve visited, how excited are you to see them interact with places and things you know but never in a million years would expect to see them with? A shot from the bus window at 0:26 reminded me that seeing deppy in different environments and situations will be worth the price of admission alone.
- That dance studio space is really cool, can’t wait to see more scenes of it (and maybe hear a word or two from their choreographer?)
- 0:46. OK, still but yeah. That sums it up nicely.
- Dan drawing the little sad face on the window at 0:51…think of how many little moments like these we’ll see between the docu and DAPGO. Speaking of which…
- Does anyone else feel like they’re going to treasure DAPGO more than they initially thought now that we’ve glimpsed what their behind-the-scenes stuff looks like?
- Their faces at the end (1:30) just Dan looks like he’s tearing up a bit and Phil looks so warm-hearted and kind.
Other things to add to the drinking game (may have to pick me up something special this w/e to mark the occasion…I mean...maybe schlep down to that one shop that sells Ribena 8-) ). Take a sip/shot (your preference):
- Someone (prob Phil) rips or damages a costume or prop backstage.
- Phil injures himself in rehearsal.
- Travelling shot from the front window of the bus.
- Sequence of either of them with reflective voice over.
- Dan does that little laugh he does sometimes when Phil is talking.
- Either of them complain about lack of wifi access.
- Someone flirts with either or both of them.
- Someone says something about their accents.
- Someone says something about their heights.
- Something adorable happens between them in the moments just before the show starts.

Finish the glass:
- HUG
- Tears
- Phil eats something that isn’t sugary

Finish the bottle:
- Rooming situation is made explicitly clear
- Snuggled up together watching TV
- One of them falls asleep on the other’s shoulder
- Someone assumes they are a couple

Finish the bottle. Open a second bottle. Finish that one. Come the fuck on IDB:
- Phan kiss
Last edited by starlight-still on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

daphenaxa wrote:Hey I have rewatched the trailers a couple of times and I have now an opinion a bit more concrete.
I am excited especially about the BTS like everyone here but I am also pretty scared to be honest.

Like that trailer, is so... slick and balanced and professional and American and controlled. You have the perfect amount of funny, of cute, of silly, of domestic, of emotional confession at exactly the right moment. And You have the inspiring voice over and you have some unfortunately quite obvious staging and you have the endearing struggles to dance...
It is thought out from A to Z and completely calculated to create exactly the effect that we saw last night and today.
Idk I am excited and I wanna see all the fluff and all (i hope some good samaritan will put it on the dd or something :P) but I also have the impression of watching the One Direction movie and it makes me uncomfortable because it looks too marketed and too professional and too slick and kinda fake.
I think we have to expect that it won't be like a Ditl video or their main channel videos. They will be filmed by a camera team most of the time, they will say scripted stuff and it will be more professional. But I don't think it will be only that. They seem to film some stuff themselves (like that scene where Phil points the camera to a construction worker or when he makes coffee and cereal for them). It's a documentary after all and will have the "docu vibe" to it. But I wouldn't worry too much, Dan and Phil won't make a completely staged thing and let us pay money for that. They want us to enjoy it and I'm sure that's why we can expect domestic stuff. They know that we're all trash for domesticity :lol:
pulvis et umbra sumus
fancy_nancy
phabergé

daphenaxa wrote: Like that trailer, is so... slick and balanced and professional and American and controlled. You have the perfect amount of funny, of cute, of silly, of domestic, of emotional confession at exactly the right moment. And You have the inspiring voice over and you have some unfortunately quite obvious staging and you have the endearing struggles to dance...
I noticed this too and someone else said it, the trailers are good but they don't feel very Deppy. Ohhhh and i can't wait for the doc, the show idk if i'll watch but the doc i'll probably rewatch it sooo many times, i'm excited :D
papierklemmen
flower crown

daphenaxa wrote:Like that trailer, is so... slick and balanced and professional and American and controlled. You have the perfect amount of funny, of cute, of silly, of domestic, of emotional confession at exactly the right moment. And You have the inspiring voice over and you have some unfortunately quite obvious staging and you have the endearing struggles to dance...
it's definitely going to be polished and slick since it was filmed and edited by yt professionals and not them, but i'm sure if there's anything d&p wanted to include or wanted edited out it was done according to their wishes. it's a paid product and it understandably should be different quality and less "personal". but i wouldn't worry too much and just enjoy :)

anyway, since i can now post links:
just a funny observation:
in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpERRlTDPto
Mark does stupid quizzes to find out who's his yt gf and bf and at 2:41 when he has to name other youtubers he goes "somebody, no idea, dunno" when he doesn't know or names those he knows, but when he gets to d&p he says "pfft... fuck those guys".
is there some kind of beef between markiplier and deppy i don't know about? does he get them in his tumblr tag like pewdiepie and that's why he's pissed?
lishachi
eclipse shirt

starlight-still wrote: - Does anyone else feel like they’re going to treasure DAPGO more than they initially thought now that we’ve glimpsed what their behind-the-scenes stuff looks like?
yes! i was thinking this when i watched the trailers, makes me more excited - potential for more unseen stuff (i may have pre-ordered DAPGO as soon as i saw the trailers lol oops)
:biflag: :blackheart:
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Please continue here