Dan & Phil part 25: 15% depth, 75% bants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
karma_yeah
philussy

would someone please go to the making of tatinof trailer and pause it at :54.

Tell me that is not a gold band on the ring finger of the right hand (person on the left)
What goes around, comes around Image
karma_yeah
philussy

I mean, it could be 2 other people going through a suitcase . . .
eevee
emo goose

karma_yeah wrote:would someone please go to the making of tatinof trailer and pause it at :54.

Tell me that is not a gold band on the ring finger of the right hand (person on the left)
Yup. deffo.

I don't know what to think

edit: well the wedding rings are supposed to go on the left hand so...... :?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

eevee wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:would someone please go to the making of tatinof trailer and pause it at :54.

Yup. deffo.

pretty sure that is also a hair tie on the wrist, dont think it is either of the boys. sorry...
actions speak louder than words
eevee
emo goose

Winston wrote:pretty sure that is also a hair tie on the wrist, dont think it is either of the boys. sorry...
I know, it doesn't really look like them but why would someone else be going through their suitcase? so many questions
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
karma_yeah
philussy

yeah, gave me a heart attack (would have been in a good way too) drat!
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Winston wrote:
eevee wrote:

Yup. deffo.

pretty sure that is also a hair tie on the wrist, dont think it is either of the boys. sorry...
As a long time Philly "hand stan" I can confirm that it is not his hand :sobs: it's probably a merch girls since they had a collection of bracelets and rings maybe even dAN'S SECRET GF (I kid I kid :lol: )
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Yeah I'd say the person wearing no jewellery with the zipper shoes is Dan but the one with the ring and bracelets is definitely not Phil. None of the other accessories we can see (shoes, bracelets) seem Phil-like. And in the next shot we can see Dan still raking in the suitcase while Phil stands at the side not helping and we can see one of his arms and the black band that is on the arm of the ring person is not there. It's not him.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

kuensukki wrote:
Winston wrote:
eevee wrote:

Yup. deffo.

As a long time Philly "hand stan" I can confirm that it is not his hand :sobs: it's probably a merch girls since they had a collection of bracelets and rings maybe even dAN'S SECRET GF (I kid I kid :lol: )
Techies and merch people tend to have the credentials and masking tape on the necklace, plus phil would never wear those leather boots either lol.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

its good to see in the very next scene dans belt still doesnt work lol.

also the tagline for the doc gets me "An intimate and epic documentary film". Didn't the advertisers use the word intimate for Dapgo too? Such Marketing, Many feels.

Sad that the documentary has fallen behind in views. 388k to 417k. I'm sure some of this is rewatches, but not 29k worth.
Last edited by Artdefines06 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
majitzu
angel bean

Is a crew member

---

Do you think these are from the time we notice that Phil look like he was dead inside in the meet& greets pics?

Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

I dont think they are in it guys...I might have gotten my hopes up a bit too far....
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Alright, here we go, I wish I had wine with me because they fucked me up so much it's a wine night.
First the trailers, oh god the trailers, I was 6 seconds in and I was already crying, I was very surprised about my strong emotional reaction to them (thanks everyone who endured my thousands of tweets having a meltdown).

The trailers look amazing, you can tell how much work has been put into it, how much they must have overthought every detail and frame so it all fit so well, I'm so so so proud of them, they have come so far.
I don't want to fill this up with pink trashcans but it's all I can say about my feelings.
I know lots of people said it but I can't wait to trow my money at them, lol, hoping I'm contributing to the koi pond fund.

In regards to what to watch first I've made my mind that for me it will be the show first because I didn't see it live/didn't see many spoilers and that's usually how it works with movies and stuff, I need the context, then the documentary/behind the scenes because I'm pretty sure that I'll want to have more time to analyse every second of it (gotta say that it's the one I'm most looking forward to).

And someone mentioned HUGS I'm so ready for it!!! But I also wont be holding my breath because it's them so who knows what will be there.

I'l loving to see you guys in action researching and debating things, sad I can't join because I'm still too emotional over all of this and can barely notice anything but it's lovely to read you guys go at it.

and I can't wait for what 2017 brings to us
colfreckles
drama llama

Potential TATINOF spoiler under the cut...
SO. When I'm not lurking on IDB, I teach voice and piano lessons. I get second-hand embarrassment like crazy, and for some reason the singing and dancing portion of TATINOF sounded like the ultimate cringe. However, after watching the trailers for both, I really just feel similar to when my students who work the hardest get up on stage and perform, even if they aren't the most talented in the world. Proud mama feels over here -- I can't wait to watch! :platonic:

This off-topic moment brought to you by me, a teacher who just wants everyone in the world to learn how to play some sort of instrument or sing.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Marketing sheez but they should have provided an official hashtag for their videos. The Phandom can definitely make it trend. It will show their fan's support, can attract casual viewers and can possibily eliminate the difference between the views of tour and the docu. Or, should we just create our own?!

Y u mention proper Deppy hug???!!! I will literahly combust if/when that happens.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Diyes_Celine wrote:Marketing sheez but they should have provided an official hashtag for their videos. The Phandom can definitely make it trend. It will show their fan's support, can attract casual viewers and can possibily eliminate the difference between the views of tour and the docu. Or, should we just create our own?!

Y u mention proper Deppy hug???!!! I will literahly combust if/when that happens.
oh I like the idea!
either they will provide us with one in the next few days (they should have already done it smh, it would have trended with everyone freaking out earlier) or we'll have to create one, do we have any suggestions? Someone with a big phandom following will have to tweet it for it to catch tho
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

LurkingTrash wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:Marketing sheez but they should have provided an official hashtag for their videos. The Phandom can definitely make it trend. It will show their fan's support, can attract casual viewers and can possibily eliminate the difference between the views of tour and the docu. Or, should we just create our own?!

oh I like the idea!
either they will provide us with one in the next few days (they should have already done it smh, it would have trended with everyone freaking out earlier) or we'll have to create one, do we have any suggestions? Someone with a big phandom following will have to tweet it for it to catch tho

Arent they doing social media interaction for the 5 days leading up to it. I bet there is something planned for all of this.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

+1 on the (broadcast quality) trailers - YouTube is definitely going all-in on this project. I thought that both trailers captured the energy / vibe of the venues - something that's not always easy to do. And I am so, so happy that the trailers release (seems to) have (temporarily) overshadowed the drama / trolling of the past few weeks by shitty awful, immature people... Anyway, I'm actually stoked to see both the "making of" and the show programs. The BTS doc will be interesting to watch (and for the CSIs to scrutinize to CIA-levels of detail,) but I'm actually looking forward to watching the show program to see how it works as a video. It certainly will help to jog memories and fill in details covered by jet engine intensity screaming that one may have missed at the live performance.
anathema
morning quiff

colfreckles wrote:Potential TATINOF spoiler under the cut...
SO. When I'm not lurking on IDB, I teach voice and piano lessons. I get second-hand embarrassment like crazy, and for some reason the singing and dancing portion of TATINOF sounded like the ultimate cringe. However, after watching the trailers for both, I really just feel similar to when my students who work the hardest get up on stage and perform, even if they aren't the most talented in the world. Proud mama feels over here -- I can't wait to watch! :platonic:

This off-topic moment brought to you by me, a teacher who just wants everyone in the world to learn how to play some sort of instrument or sing.
Yes!! When I heard they were going to be singing/dancing I thought it was going to be the most embarrassing thing ever. But at the show it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! (#fakefan, I had no confidence in their singing abilities.) But honestly I was so caught up in the show it hardly crossed my mind. And I personally thought the dancing was super cute :lol: :lol: .
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
uglyamerican
woodland creature

anathema wrote:
colfreckles wrote:Potential TATINOF spoiler under the cut...

Yes!! When I heard they were going to be singing/dancing I thought it was going to be the most embarrassing thing ever. But at the show it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! (#fakefan, I had no confidence in their singing abilities.) But honestly I was so caught up in the show it hardly crossed my mind. And I personally thought the dancing was super cute :lol: :lol: .
Welp, D&P are certainly not professional singers / dancers, but that's part of their charm and humor / aesthetic of the show - it worked for me (and I'm usually a pretty tough critic...)
sweetmm
angel bean

I am so glad you guys are willing to watch these trailers in slo-mo and catch all the gems, so I won't have to :D
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

tatinof movie trailer
I didn't like the trailer itself. I think the show will be better, but the concept and presentation of the trailer was (imo) unoriginal and slightly cringe-worthy. It didn't seem very deppy-like, there was no weirdness, snark, geek, sunshine and gloom within the minute and half. Rather it was perfunctory and I was no more excited or interested to watch the movie after seeing it than I was before.

the bts doc trailer
Now this is what got my attention, interest and I will pay for it. The tone of this trailer was more relaxed with far less shots of the audience (not who I'm paying to see). Perhaps this reveals that as a fan I am more interested in them as people than their content.

The format of the date given on the movie trailer gave me a bit of a wtf moment, it was 10.5.16 and for a moment I thought they were releasing it next may. Odd that the date on the bts is given as oct 5. (just wasn't expecting m/d/y format)
colfreckles
drama llama

This may be a super dumb question, but was there any instance (probably during a liveshow) that Dan or Phil confirmed a rebranding after the movie/doc?
spider
ar·tic·u·late

It is too optimistic to think Deppy will hug in either film. Prove me wrong boys. Looking forward to 2nd bedgate.

Too emotional to write anything useful.

colfreckles wrote:This may be a super dumb question, but was there any instance (probably during a liveshow) that Dan or Phil confirmed a rebranding after the movie/doc?
Dan said for a while that he wants to rebrand. They did not confirm or suggest they would after the films but based on Dan's tweets and Phil's Twitter profile changes it looks like it will happen.
colfreckles
drama llama

colfreckles wrote:This may be a super dumb question, but was there any instance (probably during a liveshow) that Dan or Phil confirmed a rebranding after the movie/doc?
Dan said for a while that he wants to rebrand. They did not confirm or suggest they would after the films but based on Dan's tweets and Phil's Twitter profile changes it looks like it will happen.
That makes sense... thanks!