D&P music

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
User avatar
LtrllySusan
woodland creature
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: D&P music

Post by LtrllySusan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm

My spotify just suggested me "Friends" by Ed Sheeran (a pretty unknown B-side)
Call me when you need me, I'll be in here :garbage:


We're not, no we're not friends, nor have we ever been.
We just try to keep those secrets in a lie,
And if they find out, will it all go wrong?
And Heaven knows, no one wants it to.



User avatar
smartcookie
Senpai
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am
Location: The north

Re: D&P music

Post by smartcookie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:25 pm

LtrllySusan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm
My spotify just suggested me "Friends" by Ed Sheeran (a pretty unknown B-side)
Call me when you need me, I'll be in here :garbage:


We're not, no we're not friends, nor have we ever been.
We just try to keep those secrets in a lie,
And if they find out, will it all go wrong?
And Heaven knows, no one wants it to.
Fucking yes that song and the whole EP is better than buttered popcorn AMAZING :philtrash:

I’ve never really listened to the lyrics before but omg if eddy hadn’t the boys in mind when writing that bleeding song then I don’t know what I’ll do! I mean it is practically written for them about them!
everything sucks forever

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: D&P music

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 pm

I always think of deppy when I hear "I've had the time of my life" from dirty dancing. It's so perfect for them. Has anyone made any good deppy fans vids to this song? I always picture one when I hear the song. I'm not usually one for overly cheesy things, but I can just picture a vid to that song, ending with the "this is the most fun i've ever had" from pinof 1 b/c it fits the song so nicely.

User avatar
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:26 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: D&P music

Post by auri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:24 am

Since the song came out, I've associated First Time He Kissed A Boy by Kadie Elder, with Dan. It's kind of a sad song tbh, but just, something about it makes me think of Dan. I listen to fairly similar artists with him so it might be something he has talked about or something but just. I recommend the song.

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: D&P music

Post by whatdoiknow » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm

whatdoiknow wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 pm
I always think of deppy when I hear "I've had the time of my life" from dirty dancing. It's so perfect for them. Has anyone made any good deppy fans vids to this song? I always picture one when I hear the song. I'm not usually one for overly cheesy things, but I can just picture a vid to that song, ending with the "this is the most fun i've ever had" from pinof 1 b/c it fits the song so nicely.
More songs - Was just listening to True Colours today (was the glee version, but any would probs do), and I feel this is a great song for Dan, with his growth over the past 8 years (including the support from phil, and other friends)

At The Beginning from Anastasia is also a great deppy song.

And on the same note, The Beginning by Little Mix also works pretty great with deppy.

Also, not necessarily deppy related, by whenever I listen to Online by Brad Paisley I always just thinking of youtubers in general (not in a mean way, in a funny way). I think a really funny multi-youtube vid could be made with this song - does anyone know of any good ones?

Oh and one more - Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros is also a really good song for d&p (ngl I found this song a few years ago from the 1d fandom, but it works really well for d&p as well)

User avatar
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: England

Re: D&P music

Post by relatablemood » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm

I Like Me Better by Lauv and I Won't Mind by Zayn Malik
i want dan's hair and phil's hips

Aniron
first-time poster
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: D&P music

Post by Aniron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:04 am

Came across this song awhile ago and immediately thought of Dan and later found out that Dan spoke about it in a live show! Some lyrics are kinda perfect from Dan's POV.

"reflektor by arcade fire"

Trapped in a prism, in a prism of light
Alone in the darkness, darkness of white
We fell in love, alone on a stage
In the reflective age

Entre la nuit, la nuit et l'aurore.
Entre les royaumes, des vivants et des morts.
If this is heaven
I don't know what it's for
If I can't find you there
I don't care
I thought, I found a way to enter
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
I thought, I found the connector
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Now, the signals we send, are deflected again
We're still connected, but are we even friends?
We fell in love when I was nineteen
And I was staring at a screen

Entre la nuit, la nuit et l'aurore.
Entre les voyants, les vivants et les morts.
If this is heaven
I need something more
Just a place to be alone
'Cause you're my home

I thought, I found a way to enter
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
I thought, I found the connector
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor) Just a reflektor
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
reflektor (Just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor) just a reflektor
(Just a reflektor) just a reflektor (reflektor)
(Just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor, just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor, just a reflektor)
Just a reflection, of a reflection
Of a reflection, of a reflection, of a reflection
Will I see you on the other side? (Just a reflektor)
We all got things to hide (Just a reflektor)
It's just a reflection of a reflection
Of a reflection, of a reflection, of a reflection
Will I see you on the other side? (Just a reflektor)
We all got things to hide (Just a reflektor)
Alright, let's go back
Our song escapes, on little silver discs
Our love is plastic, we'll break it to bits
I want to break free, but will they break me?
Down, down, down, don't mess around
I thought, I found a way to enter
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
I thought, I found the connector
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Thought you would bring me to the resurrector
Turns out it was just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Thought you would bring to me the resurrector
Turns out it was just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Thought you would bring to me the resurrector
Turns out you were just a reflektor
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
(It's just a reflektor) Just a reflektor
Just a reflektor
Just a reflektor
Just a reflektor
Will I see you on the other side?
It's just a reflektor
Will I see you on the other side? (reflektor)
We all got things to hide (reflektor)
Just a reflektor
Will I see you on the other side?

Here's the clip of Dan talking about it.(I'm sorry I don't know how to embed a video.This is my first time posting :D )

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/5eA1_UwUXjU?t=154[/YouTube]

User avatar
000dia000
trash
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: D&P music

Post by 000dia000 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Aniron wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:04 am
Came across this song awhile ago and immediately thought of Dan and later found out that Dan spoke about it in a live show! Some lyrics are kinda perfect from Dan's POV.

"reflektor by arcade fire"

Trapped in a prism, in a prism of light
Alone in the darkness, darkness of white
We fell in love, alone on a stage
In the reflective age

Entre la nuit, la nuit et l'aurore.
Entre les royaumes, des vivants et des morts.
If this is heaven
I don't know what it's for
If I can't find you there
I don't care
I thought, I found a way to enter
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
I thought, I found the connector
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Now, the signals we send, are deflected again
We're still connected, but are we even friends?
We fell in love when I was nineteen
And I was staring at a screen

Entre la nuit, la nuit et l'aurore.
Entre les voyants, les vivants et les morts.
If this is heaven
I need something more
Just a place to be alone
'Cause you're my home

I thought, I found a way to enter
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
I thought, I found the connector
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor) Just a reflektor
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
reflektor (Just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor) just a reflektor
(Just a reflektor) just a reflektor (reflektor)
(Just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor, just a reflektor)
(Just a reflektor, just a reflektor)
Just a reflection, of a reflection
Of a reflection, of a reflection, of a reflection
Will I see you on the other side? (Just a reflektor)
We all got things to hide (Just a reflektor)
It's just a reflection of a reflection
Of a reflection, of a reflection, of a reflection
Will I see you on the other side? (Just a reflektor)
We all got things to hide (Just a reflektor)
Alright, let's go back
Our song escapes, on little silver discs
Our love is plastic, we'll break it to bits
I want to break free, but will they break me?
Down, down, down, don't mess around
I thought, I found a way to enter
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
I thought, I found the connector
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Thought you would bring me to the resurrector
Turns out it was just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Thought you would bring to me the resurrector
Turns out it was just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
Thought you would bring to me the resurrector
Turns out you were just a reflektor
It's just a reflektor (It's just a reflektor)
(It's just a reflektor) Just a reflektor
Just a reflektor
Just a reflektor
Just a reflektor
Will I see you on the other side?
It's just a reflektor
Will I see you on the other side? (reflektor)
We all got things to hide (reflektor)
Just a reflektor
Will I see you on the other side?

Here's the clip of Dan talking about it.(I'm sorry I don't know how to embed a video.This is my first time posting :D )

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/5eA1_UwUXjU?t=154[/YouTube]
Hi, welcome!

Lmao I never actually considered how much this song fitted their relationship so much until I looked at the bolded parts you mentioned. I think it's worth mentioning that this song is about falling in love in the digital age, and whether we are truly 'connected' if what we see is just a 'reflection' of our true selves and what the other person wants to see. It's interesting to consider this song from Dan's perspective of seeing the best parts of Phil through a computer screen, and hypothetically speaking this song is him coming to finding the true Phil and/or whether his 'love' is of him or the fake 'reflection' of him.
:cactus:

User avatar
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: England

Re: D&P music

Post by relatablemood » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:56 am

Mako - Breathe

Just listen to it and tell me it's not A Song For Phan.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips

Andy
not a first-time poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 am

Re: D&P music

Post by Andy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 pm

For some reason my brain connected Dan with Amsterdam by Daughter

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: D&P music

Post by whatdoiknow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm

whatdoiknow wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm
whatdoiknow wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 pm
I always think of deppy when I hear "I've had the time of my life" from dirty dancing. It's so perfect for them. Has anyone made any good deppy fans vids to this song? I always picture one when I hear the song. I'm not usually one for overly cheesy things, but I can just picture a vid to that song, ending with the "this is the most fun i've ever had" from pinof 1 b/c it fits the song so nicely.
More songs - Was just listening to True Colours today (was the glee version, but any would probs do), and I feel this is a great song for Dan, with his growth over the past 8 years (including the support from phil, and other friends)

At The Beginning from Anastasia is also a great deppy song.

And on the same note, The Beginning by Little Mix also works pretty great with deppy.

Also, not necessarily deppy related, by whenever I listen to Online by Brad Paisley I always just thinking of youtubers in general (not in a mean way, in a funny way). I think a really funny multi-youtube vid could be made with this song - does anyone know of any good ones?

Oh and one more - Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros is also a really good song for d&p (ngl I found this song a few years ago from the 1d fandom, but it works really well for d&p as well)
Also adding in Home by One Direction. I've always really liked this song (it's not on any of their albums but I would say is a fandom favourite) and it actually fits Deppy extremely well.

Lyrics and song under the cut for anyone who's interested:


Make a little conversation
So long I've been waiting
To let go of myself and feel alive


So many nights I thought it over
Told myself I kind of liked her

But there was something missing in her eyes

I was stumbling, looking in the dark (ohho)
With an empty heart

But you say you feel the same
Could we ever be enough?
Baby we could be enough

And it's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone


I'll make this feel like home

So hot that I couldn't take it
Want to wake up and see your face
And remember how good it was being here last night

Still high with a little feeling
I see the smile as it starts to creep in
It was there, I saw it in your eyes


I was stumbling, looking in the dark (ohho)
With an empty heart
But you say you feel the same
Could we ever be enough?
Baby we could be enough

And it's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home
I'll make this feel like home

Baby we could be enough

It's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: D&P music

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 am

whatdoiknow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm
whatdoiknow wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm
whatdoiknow wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 pm
I always think of deppy when I hear "I've had the time of my life" from dirty dancing. It's so perfect for them. Has anyone made any good deppy fans vids to this song? I always picture one when I hear the song. I'm not usually one for overly cheesy things, but I can just picture a vid to that song, ending with the "this is the most fun i've ever had" from pinof 1 b/c it fits the song so nicely.
More songs - Was just listening to True Colours today (was the glee version, but any would probs do), and I feel this is a great song for Dan, with his growth over the past 8 years (including the support from phil, and other friends)

At The Beginning from Anastasia is also a great deppy song.

And on the same note, The Beginning by Little Mix also works pretty great with deppy.

Also, not necessarily deppy related, by whenever I listen to Online by Brad Paisley I always just thinking of youtubers in general (not in a mean way, in a funny way). I think a really funny multi-youtube vid could be made with this song - does anyone know of any good ones?

Oh and one more - Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros is also a really good song for d&p (ngl I found this song a few years ago from the 1d fandom, but it works really well for d&p as well)
Also adding in Home by One Direction. I've always really liked this song (it's not on any of their albums but I would say is a fandom favourite) and it actually fits Deppy extremely well.

Lyrics and song under the cut for anyone who's interested:


Make a little conversation
So long I've been waiting
To let go of myself and feel alive


So many nights I thought it over
Told myself I kind of liked her

But there was something missing in her eyes

I was stumbling, looking in the dark (ohho)
With an empty heart

But you say you feel the same
Could we ever be enough?
Baby we could be enough

And it's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone


I'll make this feel like home

So hot that I couldn't take it
Want to wake up and see your face
And remember how good it was being here last night

Still high with a little feeling
I see the smile as it starts to creep in
It was there, I saw it in your eyes


I was stumbling, looking in the dark (ohho)
With an empty heart
But you say you feel the same
Could we ever be enough?
Baby we could be enough

And it's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home
I'll make this feel like home

Baby we could be enough

It's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home
Some more songs that I like that remind me of them:

The Anthem - Good Charlotte - a great song for both of them, but especially Dan

Something More - Sugarland - perfect song for Dan, with him dropping out of school and finding what makes him happy., and his whole 'the meaning of life' video

Give It To Me - Jason Blaine - have always loved this song, just such a nice song about being there for someone and letting them let go

I Wanna Get Better - Bleachers - a great Dan song. And just a great song in general

Cool - Jason Blaine - not all of the lyrics necessarily relate to them, since they were never exactly party animals or anything, but just the premise of 'cool' as being domestic with your person and living the simple life just hanging out with each other is so them

VengefulBlue
cheeky #spon
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 am
Pronouns: they/them

Re: D&P music

Post by VengefulBlue » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 am

i don't listen to country much anymore, but "humble and kind" by tim mcgraw reminds me of the boys, especially phil. on his bday a few different yters tweeted to him calling him lovely/sweet/etc, he definitely has a reputation for being a kind person <3

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: D&P music

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:53 am

Ooh yeah @VengefulBlue I definitely agree with that. I've actually thought that before, but always forget to update the list (which is why I just keep quoting my own posts and adding on to it).

User avatar
sonicgreen
living flop
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: United States

Re: D&P music

Post by sonicgreen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:58 am

I really got into Perfume Genius towards the end of last year, and the song "Sides" always has my mind associating them with it. (besides the fact that it is a fucking bOP) the lyrics depict a relationship from two sides, one partner with mental health issues, and the other person who has consequently been shut out. I've always wondered how Phil has grown with Dan's depression and though thats immensely personal and I doubt we will get any true insight, this seems like a closely related message.
Image

User avatar
neetbuzzer
drama llama
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:00 pm
Pronouns: he/him/tired
Location: wonder wharf

Re: D&P music

Post by neetbuzzer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 pm

I think Song To Say Goodbye by Placebo fits them (Dan especially), but mostly 2012-era Dan. I think the song can be interpreted as a straightforward peace out song but when I heard it for the first time I thought of it as more of a song against self than a song against other.
(I think it makes sense specifically in a closeted/turmoil context btw):
Recognizing and reconciling the more vulnerable parts of identity can feel like a bittersweet (and just bitter, haha) farewell to your presumptive future; your silhouette is being reshaped in real time and lbr that can be fucking HORRIFYING bc change is hard. Change that cracks you open and forces you to traverse the dark spaces, even more so.

I'm not even being that dramatic tbh. Once the heady awful thrill of acceptance wears off (see also: boys by Charli XCX, anything by Tegan & Sara), you're faced with the rest of your life, and with the responsibility of having to choose how much of this very polarizing facet of you to reveal to everyone you wanna be close with. All while knowing that sometimes people like you die for it.

the worst part is it's worth it, lmao. cruel.

On a MUCH more upbeat note, Fashion Zombies! by The Aquabats will never not make me think of baby emo Phil, lmao. I loved that song growing up.
"they must have been born that way" ;)
Also (half-)jokingly, I Will Possess Your Heart by death cab for cutie, for Dan's proto-phanboy days.
ImageImage
no one would talk to you on fur affinity

User avatar
Stakhanov
Procrastinator
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: D&P music

Post by Stakhanov » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 am

This is a fun thread. Where to start, there are so many songs that can remind me of them depending on what i'm thinking about.


One theme that's been popping up lately is the perceived disconnect of D&P as "famous youtubers" and the what a part of the fandom wants. It made me think about celebrity in general, and I put up a classic of The Kinks (Soap Opera) It's a concept album really, but this is my favorite song of the album as it sets up the "research" of "ordinary man Norman" by the "famous" protagonist
One song that somehow always reminds me of Dan is "'Cause I'm man" by Tame Impala. Maybe it's just because he said he likes them, but there's also something about the lyrics and visuals of the faceless man that remind me of him - and the pressures i think he often struggles with of wanting to speak his mind and often being criticized for the tone he uses. I've always thought Dan has a particular way of expressing himself that often gets misread, and i relate that to the theme of the song.
Phil, forever being the stranger, in my mind is more of a white canvas you can project a lot of different things on. He likes to keep his distance, and I think an AU Phil would make a good astronaut. The Ziggy startdust character from David Bowie strikes me as if he could be singing about a slightly alien Phil :lol:
I've heard Starman played a lot with the Space X rocket launch but there's a Beachouse song i've been playing a lot today where i think you could copy paste Phil right into. Space Phil is my jam.
I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me
It's just the way it changes like the shoreline and the sea

User avatar
Stakhanov
Procrastinator
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: D&P music

Post by Stakhanov » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:31 am

Well idk what i was thinking, but I had my hopes up for for a Dinof video today. It would have been a small but nice thing to take my mind off this cursed day. Sigh.
But that's just what you get for counting on imaginary youtube friends I guess. My love for Dan will forever be the strangest thing :(




Late at night I wanna see you
Well my eyes, they begin to fade
Am I just living in the space between
The beauty and the pain?
And the real thing
I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me
It's just the way it changes like the shoreline and the sea

User avatar
Stakhanov
Procrastinator
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: D&P music

Post by Stakhanov » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Aight so just for tonight :number1:
I found the perfect background track to Dan's bathing with the duckie pic

♫ Why do birds
Suddenly appear?
Everytime you are near
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you ♫
Image

I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me
It's just the way it changes like the shoreline and the sea

Post Reply