Dan & Phil part 26: You’ve got an impressive length

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Catallena wrote: I feel like they just buy a lot of crap, the shelves in their living room look cluttered as hell.
ugh thats true, i still remember the "indoor gym" thing phil bought and never even unboxed, those two srly what is their life?, between dans need to buy extremely expensive clothes and just donating them after he is bored, and phils need to buy unnecessary shit the "millionaires" rumor is gonna be just that: a rumor. though i secretly enjoy how extra they are most of the time
Catallena wrote: Moving talk makes me anxious because I've been living in fear of them moving apart for the last 4 years. In other news, I need a life.
Yeah, same, but at least every time either of them mention moving its always said in the "we" context, so at least we have that.
Phil Lester is a genius
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

SquishPhan wrote:
majitzu wrote:The "story of tatinof" is 50 minutes! :( :( :( >:C that's not enough
My reaction as well. I thought it would be around 90 minutes, same as tatinof. 50 just seems so short.
I thought it would be 90, and was hoping for 120. Now I' a bit sad. If half of that 50 mins is listening to fans say how much they love DnP I will be even sadder.
anathema
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

Anyone want to try and figure out what the hell the sign on Dan's door says? (Though I think it's a lost cause :cry: )

It got cut off when I was watching the show on younow, but I noticed it when watching the part I missed on tumblr. I think maybe the word at the bottom is "bed"? But who knows. I guess it's replacing the "ugh, becky" sign that was hanging on his doorknob for 10,000 years.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
blueapple_x
flower crown

blueapple_x wrote:Hey everyone.

I had a chat with one of the Google/YT Red support people and they answered some questions. See below:
If you are in a country where Youtube Red IS available:
At the moment, you cannot make an individual purchase. You have to pay the monthly subscription fee if you wish to continually have access to the tatinof film and documentary. In other words, you have to pay the full price for a monthly subscription--you can't pick and choose what content you want to pay for.

If you are in a country where Youtube Red ISN'T available:

You will pay for the films as an individual purchase. Once Youtube Red becomes available in your country, you will be asked to sign up for YT Red. If you want to be refunded for what you paid for before YT Red was available in your country, you have to request it and they'll process that for you "immediately".

Obviously, if you're only paying for deppy there's a bit of a problem here. Why be forced to pay for a YT Red membership every month just to continue watching the films you already paid for? Many people want to have access to their purchased items forever without having to sign up to YT Red.

Well it appears they didn't have the foresight to think of this/set official rules for this. So they're apparently going to send this feedback to the higher ups to find out if people can keep content they bought before YT Red launches in their country without having to sign up to YT Red once it does launch in their country. I'll let you know when I find out.

Acceptable forms of payment:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2651410
The methods may differ based on your location. It's kind of annoying that someone told me prepaid credit cards were accepted just a few days ago and now they're apparently not.

Here are a list of countries that have access to YT Red content: https://t.co/C7jnlCric4
It will tell you how you have to pay to watch YT Red content based on your country.

How much will it cost?
Youtube/Google support staff apparently don't know until the date of release. :sideeye:
Hopefully this post is somewhat helpful lol
Quoting myself, don't mind me.

Breaking News

Just got word back from the YT support people. Here are the updates:

Any content purchased prior to YTR being launched in your country will still be accessible to you without having to sign up to YTR. In other words, you won't be forced to sign up/pay a monthly subscription to YTR just to have access to what you already bought. If you buy them, you'll have access to them forever.

However

After Youtube Red launches in your country:
You will not be able to make individual purchases of YTR Originals content anymore. You will have to sign up for a YTR membership if you wish to watch more YTR Originals content in the future. So buy what you want now before it launches in your country lol.

The support person apologized for giving me wonky info before.
daphenaxa
blobfish

Loved the liveshow. Also the only information I got from it:
Crunchiroll were gonna send Dan and Phil on a culinary tour of Japan and then have them meet food wars creators or smthg. And dan and phil refused :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
like can this still happen now with the second season and them being not busy anymore?

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE please please please (please)
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

anathema wrote:Anyone want to try and figure out what the hell the sign on Dan's door says? (Though I think it's a lost cause :cry: )

It got cut off when I was watching the show on younow, but I noticed it when watching the part I missed on tumblr. I think maybe the word at the bottom is "bed"? But who knows. I guess it's replacing the "ugh, becky" sign that was hanging on his doorknob for 10,000 years.
Not sure what it says but its been there a while, you can see it at 1:07 here:
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
violet-writer
living flop

daphenaxa wrote:Loved the liveshow. Also the only information I got from it:
Crunchiroll were gonna send Dan and Phil on a culinary tour of Japan and then have them meet food wars creators or smthg. And dan and phil refused :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
like can this still happen now with the second season and them being not busy anymore?

ME TOOOO!! japhan was a good time. i need a take two of that.
plus thats interesting vlog footage, the Japan DITL was beautiful. and ya know if they dont wanna go, i will hahha
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
bear
hobbit hair

blueapple_x wrote:
Breaking News

Any content purchased prior to YTR being launched in your country will still be accessible to you without having to sign up to YTR. In other words, you won't be forced to sign up/pay a monthly subscription to YTR just to have access to what you already bought. If you buy them, you'll have access to them forever.

However

You will not be able to make individual purchases of YTR Originals content anymore. You will have to sign up for a YTR membership if you wish to watch more YTR Originals content in the future. So buy what you want now before it launches in your country lol.

I'm gonna watch the doc and show with my free trial, should I buy it instead? (I'm American btw)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

bear wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Breaking News

However

I'm gonna watch the doc and show with my free trial, should I buy it instead? (I'm American btw)
Colour me confused. I thouht YTR is out in the US, meaning that you can't buy things individually? I am also eligible for a free trial (Australian), but I would like to buy the show and doc (to keep forever rather than lose after a month) if I can.
blueapple_x
flower crown

bear wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Breaking News

However

If you're in America, you don't have to rush to buy anything since YTR is already out in your country. In fact, you won't be able to buy it individually anyway for that very reason (see my original post). This update was mainly for people who are in places where YTR isn't available yet. If I were you, I'd watch it with the free trial. D+P still get paid for free trials so if afterwards you somehow acquire copies to keep forever (say, after your trial expires), you know at least D+P were paid by you signing up for/watching through the free trial.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

bear wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Breaking News

However

You cannot buy it using a US account. You'd have to use some ip tricks to make it appear that your are from another country that doesn't currently have YTR (which is most however.)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

missemma wrote:All is right with the world, danisnotonfirevyou1 uploaded a liveshow edit. this makes me happy, I've missed her liveshow summaries.

I MISSED VYOU1 SO MUCH But that Phil close up shot is gonna give me nightmares. :(

My feelings towards the tour have never trended towards the positive but I'm extra salty now fuck.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

so glad vyou1 is finally back!! well at least i'm assuming so. funny how she's back as soon as Deppy are settled in again
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
timtam
lady door

Why did they refuse!? Because of TATINOF?

This would have been amazing!
majitzu
angel bean

timtam wrote:

Why did they refuse!? Because of TATINOF?

This would have been amazing!
they we going to America for the tour :cry:
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

ok, just two quick things about Dan's ls (because it's 3 am and I seriously need to sleep before tomorrow, I hate life):
- did I understand Dan correctly and deppy were the ones who actually edited the two talks that are on their channels, even if it was youtube that filmed it?
- I swear, every time starting from now, when I begin to doubt phan or something, I'll just remember that with these two when one says he doesn't know where the other one is, at the same bloody moment the other will start making loud cooking noises in the kitchen, but we won't get a reaction because we don't deserve it (I don't even know what emoji to use, and it's not like there weren't similar incidents in the past, just it got me good this time)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Aurdie
spork

Posted by Catallena

Moving talk makes me anxious because I've been living in fear of them moving apart for the last 4 years. In other news, I need a life.
me, too...on both counts.
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

I finally had a chance to catch almost an entire liveshow in real time for the first time!
The liveshow was really enjoying to watch, I admit it didn't have my full attention since I was working on some work but it was mostly background noise.

Liveshow highlights/inquiries:

Dan stated about getting a new default profile picture on twitter. He kept joking about how he doesn't want to do peace signs anymore. I wonder what the next picture will be pose wise. Will his facial expressions be stern, joyful, emotionless? I feel like I have so many ideas.

Dan made jokes about his 'cringe' branding. I also believe he said something about no more llamas in the branding but the whiskers were to stay. Personally, I have a love hate relationship with the whisker branding but the llama does need to go. Perhaps the ironic new pumpkin spice theme?

Also, the whole #danneedsstorage in regards to his suitcase being in the hallway. What could you boys possibly be hoarding to run out of storage? Did Phil get more house plants and your house is now a arboretum? So I was a little nosy and re-watched the house tour video and peeked in my TABINOF book about storage options. In the house tour they have closets where stuff falls out, I hope they at least cleaned those out. (Doubt they didn't.) I bet things are just piling and piling up. Also, they have a little sub-apartment storage area, is that full too or is it the new Deppy plant room.
anathema
morning quiff

lavenderpetals wrote: Also, the whole #danneedsstorage in regards to his suitcase being in the hallway. What could you boys possibly be hoarding to run out of storage? Did Phil get more house plants and your house is now a arboretum? So I was a little nosy and re-watched the house tour video and peeked in my TABINOF book about storage options. In the house tour they have closets where stuff falls out, I hope they at least cleaned those out. (Doubt they didn't.) I bet things are just piling and piling up. Also, they have a little sub-apartment storage area, is that full too or is it the new Deppy plant room.
I have a feeling they feel bad about throwing out gifts fans give them but after a while they run out of places to put them? But who knows honestly.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

lavenderpetals wrote:
Also, the whole #danneedsstorage in regards to his suitcase being in the hallway. What could you boys possibly be hoarding to run out of storage? Did Phil get more house plants and your house is now a arboretum? So I was a little nosy and re-watched the house tour video and peeked in my TABINOF book about storage options. In the house tour they have closets where stuff falls out, I hope they at least cleaned those out. (Doubt they didn't.) I bet things are just piling and piling up. Also, they have a little sub-apartment storage area, is that full too or is it the new Deppy plant room.
Didn't he say his kitchen was full of prompts or sth? thats why i asked how they manged to take things back from either america, canada or australia and what could they have possibly kept? (im going with the dil head)
anathema wrote: I have a feeling they feel bad about throwing out gifts fans give them but after a while they run out of places to put them? But who knows honestly.
ohh yeah, i totally forgot they take and save the stuff fans give them, awww, thats so precious, not at all practical, but precious none the less, now im having flashbacks of that video with dan (and cat i think), of phil going back cos he forgot the presents with the security guards or sth, and dan saying "you see? we do appreciate your presents guys". (wow ik, such memory i have to only be capable of rephrasing stuff, sorry).

And that leaves me again stating that phil is definitely the one that keeps everything, poor dan is living with a hoarder, so in conclusion im just stating what i had previously said before, sorry im just excited for tomorrow.

Also... the japhan 2 thing almost happening but then not, really hurt, i hope they can get a second chance or sth.
Phil Lester is a genius
dollicious
spork

i wrote down a lot of notes while i was watching dan’s ls but most were some variation of how sassy he was today, i was honestly living for it. overall, this ls was hilarious for me, he was all over the place, but i enjoyed it so much.
late as always thoughts about the ls:
- okay let’s start off real “after tomorrow the cat’s out of the bag, and we’re living in this post tatinof reality where everything is different.” i would be lying if i said i don’t read too much into what dan says, but a lot of what he said tonight made me unrealistically want #phanconfirmed from the doc.
- phil kept replaying an embarrassing dan moment in the YTR promo while they were editing it to annoy him :lol: i love this image.
- they are “thinking outside the box” for the dapgo release and not doing signings. i am curious as to what exactly they have planned - does anyone here have predictions?
- undertale next week after the tatinof “shit storm” probably followed by by a sims video, spooky week, and then undertale finished in a block.
- “#playthepiano” “#fuckoff” :lol:
- the way he described the BSG characters had me laughing my ass off.
- could he possibly mention phil any more?
- “you know, i hate phil’s shrimp, alberta.” :gg:
- only dan could go from talking about phil’s shrimp to how wrong it is to assume the sexuality of someone who hasn’t explicitly addressed it.
- dan also somehow relates goddamn xfactor to game of thrones.
- “i need more space, i’m going mental.” okay, this coupled with phil’s corridor size complainants from sunday, please move out into a more spacious house together.
do you like d&p?
swofro
angel bean

That was a lovely liveshow. I'm just going to highlight two things from it that really caught my attention.

1. PINOF80
I take what Dan said differently from you guys. I find it sweet that Dan's reason of why pinof80 is not happening is because they will be these two oldies whose legs had failed, and NOT because they are not together (as friend or wtv) anymore or had a fall out or 'Phil is busy doing Phil's thing in his life'. Just hit me up with retirement! Deppy AU where everything is fluff and no mention of dying.

2. "I care about all of you deeply"
I gasp outloud while clutching my non existing pearl necklace, and my heart did the flopping thing. It's been so long since Danyul show recognition (im not sure what the better word is) towards his fans besides "I can't say I love you because one of you might be a murderer" thing. I feel warm and happy.

also hi, im back and will be gone again to enjoy the upcoming tatinof and docu in private. Hope everything goes well

also I am the one who request for because I love it. Thanks oqua for doing the lord's work
Love is forever
human
dan hand trash

Have we seen either of the boys use that suitcase though? It could just be Phil's parents stuff with nowhere better to put it. Maybe Dan lied about it because he didn't want the chat to start demanding Phil and his parents come say hello to the camera. Ya never knowwww.

All in all, a glorious liveshow. Dan needs to win a YouNow award for them, SO entertaining and enjoyable and funny lol.
swofro
angel bean

Also, this:
Love is forever
anathema
morning quiff

human wrote:Have we seen either of the boys use that suitcase though? It could just be Phil's parents stuff with nowhere better to put it. Maybe Dan lied about it because he didn't want the chat to start demanding Phil and his parents come say hello to the camera. Ya never knowwww.
That suitcase was there last week too (I think), so I doubt it's either of Phil's parents'. But you do bring up a good point that they might already be there. At one point during his liveshow there was a voice in the background that didn't sound like Phil. I just assumed that it was either from something Phil was watching or a loud voice carrying from outside, but now that I think about it it could've easily been one of his parents (probably his mom, it sounded female to me). And if they're coming to watch the movies, it would make sense they might be there a day or two early.