Dan & Phil part 26: You’ve got an impressive length

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
isabella
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

Artdefines06 wrote:
isabella wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:Please tell me they went to the museum to see this exibit and their parents were soooo not interested so they left early, but then DnP spent the rest of the day just looking at everything

http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum ... ions/punks
As much as I would love to imagine dan & phil going to the punks exhibit, that's at a different museum. They were at the British Museum today.
I tried so hard to get that right too. *sigh* I will never be a sherlock, I should really stop trying and just leave it to you guys lol
Haha nah I just live in London so I'm familiar with the museums! It does get confusing though because there are so many.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Artdefines06 wrote:
lishachi wrote:[offtopic]do you guys prefer the gaming channel or their individual content? i find myself rewatching gaming videos and some of phils videos, like DITL or the Sleepless Night With Phil etc, but only very rarely will i rewatch dans. like i find them funny the first time, but rewatching doesn't really do anything for me. idk.

(sorry if this has been asked before)[/offtopic]
Shameless self promotion for the thread on this topic that I started a while ago.

http://indepthbants.com/topic437.html
oh. sorry :facepalm: thank you I will look now
:biflag: :blackheart:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Is this ironic promotion or is he serious? Loving the email though.

Just curious, is this award prestigious?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Philena
blobfish

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Is this ironic promotion or is he serious? Loving the email though.

Maybe the thought is, "Well, we both have to be there. May as well get an award out of it."

Living for those pics of them out and about. They look gorgeous.

eta: Thanks, Ickle!
DryCereal
koi pond

BONCAs be trollin' you'se guys.

[center]I REFUSE TO PICK BETWEEN DAN AND PHIL. WON'T DO IT. DIDN'T VOTE, CAN'T MAKE ME.[/center][/color]
(Did vote for PINOF7 tho. )
Philena wrote:eta: Thanks, Ickle!
You're welcome, but what for? :?

GUYS! I finally just watched the show and the doc, and oh my good god.

Don't think I've ever been prouder of two people I've never met.
Last edited by DryCereal on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

eevee wrote:
About the two hotel rooms: Honestly I feel like management or whoever books their rooms for them probably just thought they should get two. Like unless dan and phil went out of their way to go to management and be like "we wanna sleep together dont bother booking us two rooms" idk...like i feel like the two room thing isn't their doing. yes it was their doing to show it to us though so that's a separate story. But Phil was in Dan's room anyway, so maybe he just stayed there lol. idk but i guess my point is that they probably didnt ask for separate rooms, i think the default would probably be to give them separate rooms unless they made it clear they wanted one room. what do you guys think
Although I am sick to death of busgate and honestly, can we let it die caus we'll never know! I just want to add that my two managers are men and whenever I book accommodation for them I put them in separate rooms but i know they're more than happy to sleep in a twin room together or even in a double bed together. I know this but I still book separate rooms because I feel awkward assuming so I'm guessing it's the same situation for DAP's management. I hope that adds some light to the situation, they clearly haven't got time to book their own hotels...
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
Philena
blobfish

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Philena wrote:eta: Thanks, Ickle!
You're welcome, but what for? :?

GUYS! I finally just watched the show and the doc, and oh my good god.

Don't think I've ever been prouder of two people I've never met.
You replied to my question about peer responses!

And I had the same proud feelings when I finally watched TATINOF. (Wasn't "proud" a problematic descriptor here not that long ago?) Seriously proud, though!
melon lord
morning quiff

Y'all are discussing tatinof and the docu/busgate in spoilers, meanwhile I have to wait till the end of the month to get paid so I'm just sitting here like

pray for the month to end faster pls :lol:

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lishachi wrote:[offtopic]do you guys prefer the gaming channel or their individual content? i find myself rewatching gaming videos and some of phils videos, like DITL or the Sleepless Night With Phil etc, but only very rarely will i rewatch dans. like i find them funny the first time, but rewatching doesn't really do anything for me. idk.

(sorry if this has been asked before)[/offtopic]
These days I definitely prefer DAPG, which is hilar because I'm not a gamer at all and when DAPG was announced I was like 'bruh a gaming channel? really?' :lol: Anything they do together over solo content tbh (though Phil maybe needs to slow down before AP becomes AmazingPhilAndDanIsUsuallySomewhereThereToo) since their collabs with each other have the greatest rewatch value for me. And If I rewatch solo videos there's a 97% chance it's pre-2015 stuff tbh. I recently went on a mass rewatch of Dan's 2011-13 stuff and it was grand. There was a time where I would rewatch every new video 10+ times upon release but that just ain't happening anymore.

Speaking of rewatches, it's October which means it's that time of the year for me where I watch all of SAP in one day.
majitzu wrote:I mean it was obvious they are with the Lester, and they have stoped being worry about it. They always get spot.

Also yesterday was really all the Lesters
This is the type of shit that keeps me going. Martyn brings his long time girlfriend to a family outing and Phil brings.. Dan. His totally platonic BFFL flatmate bro. Riiiiiight. Uh huh. Ok.
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Is this ironic promotion or is he serious? Loving the email though.

I wasn't gonna vote because I'm lazy but I feel obligated now that they've tweeted about it because that means they actually care for this thing :') It kills me to choose between them, but I favored Phil today.

Never heard of these awards btw, I guess it's a new thing?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Winston
flower crown

On my way to work today I was thinking about the ls on Sunday. I hope to god that the chat isn't filled with comments about the stupid bedroom situation. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for them to have put so much work into this thing and everyone just focuses on where they slept. If they are spammed with questions and comments about that stuff I will be sad/disappointed for them. I understand and know there will be comments about it in the chat, but I hope it doesn't turn into an onioning all over again. It is a genuine fear of mine, because I have this vision of them getting excited about this upcoming ls to discuss their work, only to be disappointed and possibly disheartened.

re:The pics of them today and the outings with the Lesters...
actions speak louder than words
majitzu
angel bean

Winston wrote:On my way to work today I was thinking about the ls on Sunday. I hope to god that the chat isn't filled with comments about the stupid bedroom situation. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for them to have put so much work into this thing and everyone just focuses on where they slept. If they are spammed with questions and comments about that stuff I will be sad/disappointed for them. I understand and know there will be comments about it in the chat, but I hope it doesn't turn into an onioning all over again. It is a genuine fear of mine, because I have this vision of them getting excited about this upcoming ls to discuss their work, only to be disappointed and possibly disheartened.

re:The pics of them today and the outings with the Lesters...
I thing idb is the only place that is making a bit deal of it. Twitter and tumblr are talking about every part of thevideos, not only the bedroom, soi suppose it willbe okay
eevee
emo goose

Catallena wrote:This is the type of shit that keeps me going. Martyn brings his long time girlfriend to a family outing and Phil brings.. Dan. His totally platonic BFFL flatmate bro. Riiiiiight. Uh huh. Ok.
SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
papierklemmen
flower crown

majitzu wrote:I mean it was obvious they are with the Lester, and they have stoped being worry about it. They always get spot.

Also yesterday was really all the Lesters
bless Cornelia!!!! you can always count on her to spill the tea. Remember this?
I mean, it doesn't shatter my #phandivorced glasses, but I find it HILARIOUS when they fuck up :lol: EDIT: ok wait it's not exactly a fuckup: Dan didn't hide that he was there so lol, but still funny

[offtopic]As for the channels, I only found deppy because of their gaming channel and to this day it's the only channel I'm subscribed to. I love games and I don't particularly care for the sitdown vlog type of style. Soz guys. [/offtopic]
000dia000
emo goose

*Dan uploads a photo*
Me: Dan never goes outside or posts a picture unless Phil is there
me: See's a fan picture with him and Phil
Me: THERES THE BOY!

Those fan pictures IMO don't seem to have been taken at the museum(?) so maybe the Lesters parted ways after that? It would make more sense than for deppy to spontaneously enjoy culture outside the internet (gasp!)

Regarding Tumblr Discussion vs IDB Discussion
Yeah, yeah, bitch bitch bitch. Bedgate, busgate, shipbaiting, yada yada yada but I much prefer content here than on tumblr, which is mostly, "IM SO PROUD OF DAN AND PHIL. THIS WAS PERFECT. I WILL ATTACK ANYBODY WHO SAYS OTHERWISE." at least here we're like "I thought the editing was shit but I would still give them my left kidney"
:cactus:
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

000dia000 wrote:*Dan uploads a photo*
Me: Dan never goes outside or posts a picture unless Phil is there
me: See's a fan picture with him and Phil
Me: THERES THE BOY!

Those fan pictures IMO don't seem to have been taken at the museum(?) so maybe the Lesters parted ways after that? It would make more sense than for deppy to spontaneously enjoy culture outside the internet (gasp!)

Regarding Tumblr Discussion vs IDB Discussion
Yeah, yeah, bitch bitch bitch. Bedgate, busgate, shipbaiting, yada yada yada but I much prefer content here than on tumblr, which is mostly, "IM SO PROUD OF DAN AND PHIL. THIS WAS PERFECT. I WILL ATTACK ANYBODY WHO SAYS OTHERWISE." at least here we're like "I thought the editing was shit but I would still give them my left kidney"
I think this is infront of the museum. Maybe they saw the Lesters. Tumblr: Dan and Phil saved me. i am sorry. But whaaaaat??? I am old and I was never an angst teenage but HOW? I still love tumblr though.
melon lord
morning quiff

Tumblr is... unique :lol:

I get what Dan means when he feels appreciated. You want to know that what you do makes people happy and cheers them up. You want to feel valued.

I never had anything save me specifically when I was a teen. When I was a teen the internet was still very "out there". Frankly it's odd and scary and weird how young some of his fans are, but not just one or two hundred, like thousands. Not bc "ew young people" but how youth now seek these positive role models through the internet when back then we only had interview clippings from our fave celebs, posters and maybe send a fan mail. I may have been so different as a person if I grew up on the internet.

I'm sure management or the network notices the demographic and notices what spikes the views/sales, and that's Phan. And before they became big and "corporate", being ambiguous on the internet was cool and edgy. People always say "why does every youtuber have anxiety omg" well maybe it's the reverse, that youtube attracts people who are more socially inept. Or how myspace or whatever attracted more sexually fluid guys with effeminate haircuts.

So yeah I think now they know people enjoy it and it's basically fanservice. If you get it in anime then I won't complain about D&P, cause they don't owe me anything for it.

\sorry for nonsensical ramble :oops:

lishachi
eclipse shirt

[offtopic]

at 1:28 (can't screenshot bc laptops being stupid) can someone tell me what video or where this is from? been bugging me for ages :facepalm:

and if i've put this in wrong and you can't see it, it's phil with a blue top on, really contrasted (not sure if that's with the edit) and quite long hair[/offtopic]
:biflag: :blackheart:
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

I've really enjoyed reading all your opinions on the YTR stuff.
Tatinof
I thought it was great. I saw it in Toronto but I was sitting really far back so it was nice to see it more "close up". particularly phils magic part. I didn't much like tha phanfic part and I agree with the people who found dil terrifying. *shudder*
Doc
i'll never understand those boys. I still think they're together and that the bed thing on the bus was mostly a joke but the bit in the hotel really threw me for a while
I did notice something interesting though. It doesn't 'mean' anything but the bus tour was clearly shot in at least two parts.
When they're watching the bus arrive they're both wearing microphones but when they open the door of the bus the Mics are gone. Next shot, they're back again and notice phils socks? He's got sharks on his right foot and foxes on the left. Then, when Dan opens the bedroom door the microphones are missing again and Phil is on the bed with the fox sock moved to his right foot and something black on his left. Intro to the Rock Paper Scissors battle...close ups of their faces...and, the mics are back and phils shark sock is back. I don't quite know what to make of this except that they clearly changed their minds about something and decided to re-film.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
Winston
flower crown

bluntedclaws wrote:
Doc
i'll never understand those boys. I still think they're together and that the bed thing on the bus was mostly a joke but the bit in the hotel really threw me for a while
I did notice something interesting though. It doesn't 'mean' anything but the bus tour was clearly shot in at least two parts.
When they're watching the bus arrive they're both wearing microphones but when they open the door of the bus the Mics are gone. Next shot, they're back again and notice phils socks? He's got sharks on his right foot and foxes on the left. Then, when Dan opens the bedroom door the microphones are missing again and Phil is on the bed with the fox sock moved to his right foot and something black on his left. Intro to the Rock Paper Scissors battle...close ups of their faces...and, the mics are back and phils shark sock is back. I don't quite know what to make of this except that they clearly changed their minds about something and decided to re-film.

That's really interesting... I wonder what happened?
Theories please
eevee
emo goose

lishachi wrote:[offtopic]at 1:28 (can't screenshot bc laptops being stupid) can someone tell me what video or where this is from? been bugging me for ages :facepalm:

and if i've put this in wrong and you can't see it, it's phil with a blue top on, really contrasted (not sure if that's with the edit) and quite long hair[/offtopic]
Hey I'm not 100% sure but there's a thread just for this, for asking people where things are from, it's called the White Whale. http://indepthbants.com/topic336-75.html I hope they can help you out over there!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
backin09
living flop

Look who's on the 'most watched' list on google play! (at least in germany, don't know about other countries)
without the internet, we never would have met
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Winston wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:
Doc

Theories please
I also noticed the scene of him jumping out of the bunk has been clipped together strangely - in some parts the curtains on the bunks on the left are closed, in other bits they're open and have shit thrown on them.

Feel like he may have had more than one attempt at it. Cos, yno, you'd need it if it was your first go at it 8-)

Legit though he may have made such a tits of it on the first go that even they knew it was obvious he'd never done it before so did it again (still looked awkward AF and not like something you'd supposedly done at least once a day, sorry honey )
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Lurktacularr wrote:
Winston wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:
Doc

Theories please
I also noticed the scene of him jumping out of the bunk has been clipped together strangely - in some parts the curtains on the bunks on the left are closed, in other bits they're open and have shit thrown on them.

Feel like he may have had more than one attempt at it. Cos, yno, you'd need it if it was your first go at it 8-)

Legit though he may have made such a tits of it on the first go that even they knew it was obvious he'd never done it before so did it again (still looked awkward AF and not like something you'd supposedly done at least once a day, sorry honey )
Hmmm. Interesting. It's kind of awful that their team of "YouTube red professional film makers" didn't catch continuity errors like that.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
stella
living flop

Hey, this is kind of random but it literally kept me up at night thinking about it. Has anyone ever found the "why do you always draw cat whiskers" tweet? I tried looking for it but you guys are pros at this stuff. Any of the questions from pinof1 would be amazing to see, honestly.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
Winston
flower crown

I love this part of the doc and I havent seen it mentioned yet:
(Sorry if someone have mentioned it)6:14 Dan has marker on his face. At 6:31 he has stickers on his arm. Not to mention they are sat on a couch talking to Ed, sitting directly next to each other. I think it's funny/cute af. I also love Ed. Just the whole part 6:14- 7:00 just cute af.