Dan & Phil part 26: You’ve got an impressive length

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Image Image
Image Image

Please continue here :)

GIF credit: mortallyvirtualphan, thank you Oqua
melon lord
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

I'm on the train commute home from work and catching up and damn you guys got me teary eyed in the middle of a full wagon :lol:

I don't mind much if it's professionally filmed, I know that the home recorded is the one we've come to love but for them it must be a huge milestone to have a pro crew. So I'll let them feel proud of it :D

I can't stop thinking about the rebranding. Having tatinof as a sort of farewell to 7 years makes me wonder what the other 7 years will be like. Not gonna lie I'll probably still be watching :lol: Since I'm near their age I also feel like I'm growing up with them but rather than live an exciting rich Youtuber life with my best friend I'm a forever alone middle class working citizen in her pyjamas with cheap ramen noodles and permanent online existence

Oh well can't have it all I guess

snowbows
tol bean

So Mondays at 9 now belong to Phil Taggart common knowledge?
Last edited by snowbows on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eevee
emo goose

melon lord wrote:I don't mind much if it's professionally filmed, I know that the home recorded is the one we've come to love but for them it must be a huge milestone to have a pro crew. So I'll let them feel proud of it :D

I can't stop thinking about the rebranding. Having tatinof as a sort of farewell to 7 years makes me wonder what the other 7 years will be like. Not gonna lie I'll probably still be watching :lol: Since I'm near their age I also feel like I'm growing up with them but rather than live an exciting rich Youtuber life with my best friend I'm a forever alone middle class working citizen in her pyjamas with cheap ramen noodles and permanent online existence
I agree, I don't mind at all that it's more "professional," honestly I knew from the beginning that it would be that way, and I was always okay with it. Honestly we should be happy that deppy are sticking to youtube and not doing what Tyler did and becoming a talk show host or something. This docu is still basically a big youtube video, even though it's professional. it's probably going to feel a bit more like a reality show, but i don't mind. I'd rather watch that than a movie that Phil wrote and Dan directed with actors and stuff (I mean, I'd watch that, but this is better!) so honestly I feel like we're pretty lucky and shouldn't be complaining that it's "professional." I'm just happy for them!

I agree, I feel like I've grown up with them. I discovered them when I was about 16 and now I'm 21! I've grown up a lot since I discovered them and so have they. I've watched them through highschool and college, I've changed a lot and so have them, but I feel like we're changing together. And I'm always really excited to keep watching and see what they do next!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
papierklemmen
flower crown

since my pointless small observation got buried by the end of the previous thread i'll just copypaste it here :)
just a funny observation:
in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpERRlTDPto
Mark does stupid quizzes to find out who's his yt gf and bf and at 2:41 when he has to name other youtubers he goes "somebody, no idea, dunno" when he doesn't know or names those he knows, but when he gets to d&p he says "pfft... fuck those guys".
is there some kind of beef between markiplier and deppy i don't know about? does he get them in his tumblr tag like pewdiepie and that's why he's pissed?
mamaphan
delia smith

Omg I loved both the trailers but the documentary one made me so emotional. I literally had tears in my eyes. I think it was because the very beginning that made me feel like wow these guys really have made it. It wasn't in Dan and Phil style so it made it more professional and kinda threw me in a good way. It was somthing I would see on regular tv. Sorry I don't think I'm explaining it well. But I am just so happy and proud of these two. I kinda wish they would sell a DVD as like a physical copy. I am such a nerd. Lol

I cannot wait to see how the rest of this film will be, I am hoping for some ditl style. Loved what little clips we have seen so far. and it has been so fun to read all your comments and knowing that many of you are as excited and emotional as me.

And :platonic: welcome to all the people that just joined.

Hugs
000dia000
emo goose

PHIL PLS
:cactus:
sentinel
lady door

000dia000 wrote:
PHIL PLS
As a person who wears contacts.... Ouch. I've scratched my eye and let me assure you people, it hurts like hell lmao.

Considering how professional the trailers were, do you think that will be moving away from the self filmed and edited videos to a more "mature" style?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

papierklemmen wrote:since my pointless small observation got buried by the end of the previous thread i'll just copypaste it here :)
just a funny observation:
in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpERRlTDPto
Mark does stupid quizzes to find out who's his yt gf and bf and at 2:41 when he has to name other youtubers he goes "somebody, no idea, dunno" when he doesn't know or names those he knows, but when he gets to d&p he says "pfft... fuck those guys".
is there some kind of beef between markiplier and deppy i don't know about? does he get them in his tumblr tag like pewdiepie and that's why he's pissed?
don't think so, he said it in a very jokey way, it's just bants, I don't get any other vibe from it than a joking one
sentinel wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
PHIL PLS
As a person who wears contacts.... Ouch. I've scratched my eye and let me assure you people, it hurts like hell lmao.

Considering how professional the trailers were, do you think that will be moving away from the self filmed and edited videos to a more "mature" style?
from someone who never wore contacts or anything, the idea is making me cringe so much, poor Phil, it must have hurt so much! Not gonna say I'm not glad we'll get more Phil in glasses tho
nephilimcat
woodland creature

000dia000 wrote:

PHIL PLS
Maybe he should stay away from his contacts completely. For safety reasons obviously. Not because I prefer him with glasses. That would be a very shallow and selfish reason. *cough*
pulvis et umbra sumus
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

sentinel wrote:Considering how professional the trailers were, do you think that will be moving away from the self filmed and edited videos to a more "mature" style?
I'm going to go with no, personally. The trailers had to be professional since well, YouTube wants their red originals to be taken seriously. Red originals are competition to other streaming sites that have exclusive membership content. It's important that the production quality is high so people will use their service and know they are getting high quaity content for the money they pay monthly. Also, Parts of the documentary are self filmed, we know that because of a few clips from the documentary trailer. So it's not like they didn't self film anything in it, unlike most documentaries I've see. Also, I can't see them taking the root of production like tomska and smosh do for YouTube videos anyways. it's not really a Normal youtube video style for vloggers.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
smarties
glabella

(It's been a while...I almost forgot the password...but I'm still here lurking from time to time)

After the dropping of the 2 trailers yesterday I've felt the need to log in and say something (maybe useless and super late anyway).

I avoided almost every "visual" spoiler of the stage show, I've only read reviews here and used my imagination. Watching the trailer and realizing the show was far better than what I thought, has made me super excited!!!

At the same time I have this bittersweet feeling cos I really wanted to see them live in the "maybe it will happen but never happened european tour" ( and maybe meet some of you fellow ;) ), but from the hints given during the liveshows they've at least tried, so no blame on

About the documentary I really can't wait for the all the over-analizing and conspiracy theories.
I fell in love with IDB thanks to the #busgate, so since I'm a nostalgic bitch I can't wait to have it back!!
papierklemmen
flower crown

so i guess now we'll be able to tell if the video was filmed recently or not - if phil is wearing glasses that means it has just been filmed
human
dan hand trash

I've been uber busy the past couple so I still need to read back, but did anyone discuss yet how the bathroom or perhaps the bedroom door of the bus has a sticker of Dan and Phil on it? lol. I'm assuming that's what has triggered the new series of busgate activity anyway lol.

I've no idea how Phil has so much trouble with his contacts. I've been wearing them for almost 10 years and have never had any mishaps at all lol.
majitzu
angel bean

good to know
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Ok, I spent all night thinking about where the cereal pouring scene took place. It looks so homey. I was thinking of where they could have stayed that looked/felt like a home, and I was wondering could it be phil's mom's house in florida? It would make sense that she would have cute little DnP plates hanging on the door of her kitchen, and that phil would be staying there. I know its a strange guess, but I'm putting it here now as proof that I thought of it.
isabella
butt chair

Artdefines06 wrote:Ok, I spent all night thinking about where the cereal pouring scene took place. It looks so homey. I was thinking of where they could have stayed that looked/felt like a home, and I was wondering could it be phil's mom's house in florida? It would make sense that she would have cute little DnP plates hanging on the door of her kitchen, and that phil would be staying there. I know its a strange guess, but I'm putting it here now as proof that I thought of it.
I assumed it was on the tour bus because it looked like a pretty small space to be a house, especially in America where houses tend to be pretty spacious. It was also in the portion of the trailer when they were discussing life on tour. It could actually come from any point in the documentary though, I suppose.
eevee
emo goose

isabella wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:Ok, I spent all night thinking about where the cereal pouring scene took place. It looks so homey. I was thinking of where they could have stayed that looked/felt like a home, and I was wondering could it be phil's mom's house in florida? It would make sense that she would have cute little DnP plates hanging on the door of her kitchen, and that phil would be staying there. I know its a strange guess, but I'm putting it here now as proof that I thought of it.
I assumed it was on the tour bus because it looked like a pretty small space to be a house, especially in America where houses tend to be pretty spacious. It was also in the portion of the trailer when they were discussing life on tour. It could actually come from any point in the documentary though, I suppose.
I think it was on the bus although it does look a little spacious to be the bus, I don't agree that Mrs. Lester would have a "Dan and Phil" plate in her kitchen, lol. An homage to her son and his husband.......i mean, maybe she'd keep pictures of them at their wedding or something their wedding invitation but a sign that says dan and phil just seems kinda random if you ask me for a mother to have in her house. much more reasonable for deppy to have it in their own living space i guess. Also I agree that houses are normally bigger than that. But I guess we'll see!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

isabella wrote:
It's definitely the tour bus. You can see the bunks behind him, and it matches photos of the interior layout of the buses and their little kitchen areas.
Lain
eclipse shirt

It's on the bus.

(gif credit: danielfuckinghowell on tumblr)

Bus interior from the company website:
edit: whoops what dizzy said.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

alittledizzy wrote:
isabella wrote:
It's definitely the tour bus. You can see the bunks behind him, and it matches photos of the interior layout of the buses and their little kitchen areas.
Oh - I haven't looked at what the bus looks like so I didn't think of that. I didn't even realize a bus could have a kitchen lol. Thats intense. Does it have more than one bathroom? Maybe its just to signify that this is their bathroom and no one else should use it. Or they are way more sentimental and sappy than I thought lol. All that midnight thinking wasted.

They really made it feel like a home to me. I guess that says something about how people can adapt to anything.
isabella
butt chair

Artdefines06 wrote:Oh - I haven't looked at what the bus looks like so I didn't think of that. I didn't even realize a bus could have a kitchen lol. Thats intense. Does it have more than one bathroom? Maybe its just to signify that this is their bathroom and no one else should use it. Or they are way more sentimental and sappy than I thought lol. All that midnight thinking wasted.

They really made it feel like a home to me. I guess that says something about how people can adapt to anything.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the door with the sign leads to the only bedroom? their phil's bedroom had an ensuite bathroom in it so i assume that's the one they phil used
arequian
crusty sponge
Pronouns: they/them

isabella wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:Oh - I haven't looked at what the bus looks like so I didn't think of that. I didn't even realize a bus could have a kitchen lol. Thats intense. Does it have more than one bathroom? Maybe its just to signify that this is their bathroom and no one else should use it. Or they are way more sentimental and sappy than I thought lol. All that midnight thinking wasted.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the door with the sign leads to the only bedroom? their phil's bedroom had an ensuite bathroom in it so i assume that's the one they phil used
Yup, that's it. You can see a bed here:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

arequian wrote:
isabella wrote:

Yup, that's it. You can see a bed here:
wow that was quick :D
:biflag: :blackheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

sentinel wrote:Considering how professional the trailers were, do you think that will be moving away from the self filmed and edited videos to a more "mature" style?
As another person has already said, I don't think they will. I think they are way too much of control freaks for that to happen.
majitzu wrote:
good to know