Dan & Phil part 26: You’ve got an impressive length

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lonely trash
glabella
Pronouns: trash

Oh Phil, there was never a better king of the universe.
cold-tea
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

I told myself not to expect too much out of #busgate but srsly their levels of #nohomo :roll:
mio
#relatable

Fight me google plus :x :x :x

...anybody care to pm me a link?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
syzygy
drama llama

achika wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:
missemma wrote:Documentary & busgate spoiler:
omg there is a full bus tour including the bed. this part was the bit we were the most quiet for because we were just waiting for them to show the bedroom and how disappointing the bed was the smallest thing in the entire world.
Then it shows Phil coming out the bedroom and Dan coming from a bunk. There is no way guys!!
Yup. No way am I buying that Dan squeezed himself into that tiny bunk for two solid months while Phil had a double bed and yet we haven't heard salty Dan complain about his suffering 6000 times already.
Also who on earth would do all or nothing in that situation if you can't share a bed with your best friend then at least alternate nights or weeks or something.
This was the most overacted and over the top piece of film I've ever seen they could barely get through it themselves
I was cackling at that scene. Watching 6ft 3" Dan unfold himself from the world's tiniest bunk like he had been snoozing there all night... someone get this man an Oscar.

anyway, the docu was fluff and I loved it
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

sooo…it doesn't look like I'll be able to watch it anytime soon (but I don't mind spoilers, so )
alittledizzy wrote:
vogonsrock wrote:
omg there is a full bus tour including the bed. this part was the bit we were the most quiet for because we were just waiting for them to show the bedroom and how disappointing the bed was the smallest thing in the entire world.
Then it shows Phil coming out the bedroom and Dan coming from a bunk. There is no way guys!!
I just watched that part, and a bit further on when they're on separate floors let alone the same room in a hotel. They're no homoing so hard I had to pause and walk away to do a little scream. At this rate they're never going to come out even subtly.
Whoever said the tweets were just meant to lay groundwork for this bit in the show nailed it. Disappointing, not surprising. This goes to a lot bigger of an audience than the liveshow.

The one tiny bit of them in bed - even if you have to be dedicated to know where they were - was so warm and sweet, though.
That's exactly what I was expecting, but I'm still extremely disappointed :(
Why couldn't they just it…but I guess when you do a documentary about a two month the bus you spend most of your time in is a pretty big part of the thing. And when you do a bus tour, you can't just leave out the place where you sleep. But still…the fact that they are this desperate to appear platonic… (le sigh)
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

vogonsrock wrote:
I just watched that part, and a bit further on when they're on separate floors let alone the same room in a hotel. They're no homoing so hard I had to pause and walk away to do a little scream. At this rate they're never going to come out even subtly.
Consider me eating all of my words. Every last one of them.

As dizzy said, the bus shit wasn't surprising (even to an optimist like me). In fact when I saw it I was almost glad because at least they had the decency to make it spoofy and jokey and overacted yno? Not trying to pull anything too serious.

It was the separate hotel room bit that got me. And made me question aus DITL. I got it for the DITL cos its part of the routine but there was NO need to say anything like that in the doc, which makes me think its legit and they really did sleep separately.

And that throws a whole new light on things for me. Not even the bus bedroom bit with Dan messing with an ill Phil (ON THE BLOODY BED TOGETHER) has brought it back for me.

I'm sad to say this having been phan AF for such a long time but my phan goggles have fallen off and I think they might have permanently broken. This is the first time I've genuinely thought they're not together (not even 'maybe') in quite a long time.

Otherwise really enjoyed the doc
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

This is the second time I'm gonna try this, it got eaten before so cliff notes this time,

I finished watching the documentary, putting it under a spoiler bc spoilers
it was really, really good! Loved it so much. Really great seeing all the bts of what went into creating the show. Loved seeing the warm up/warm down routines, rehearsals, dan chasing phil wearing the dil mask, phil de-linting dan, dan laughing at Phil's first attempt at his magic show in rehearsals, the cute bus moments, a dazed phil being woken up by dan who kept messing with him, phil winning money in Vegas, the cute little out takes with the credits, dan vs. the table etc.

The no-phan was strong in this one, though! The "ultimate rock, paper, scissors" to see who got the bed, dan coming out of the bunk, separate beds in all hotel rooms, sometimes separate rooms 9 floors apart. We get it, guys. Lolzor right there

No phan aside, it was so good! Really great to see them interacting with their team and their process of before and after a show.

Definitely will watch again!

Now to watch the actual show!
gnostic
stress mushroom

I am as anti phan as they get but if anything, this docu bit makes me believe they're either covering SOMETHING or straight up question their friendship
like seriously, Phil? Seriously? You let your BFF suffer like that? You couldn've at the very least alternated?
Just here for the marketing skills
vogonsrock
squish

Well, the documentary itself was lovely, however for me the high level of platonic bro was so high it ruined it for me a long term phan af stan. I have never doubted that they were together from the moment I first saw them 6 years or so ago, to today.

Is this what Dan meant by shitstorm, are they trying to 'come out' as platonic. Because if they are after SO long of shipbaiting (because if they are platonic that's what they've been doing) I will have lost all respect for them. Even if they are together but are continuing to put a platonic spin on it I will still have lost respect for them because, Jesus Christ it's been 7 years and they're still so precious about it? I'm sorry that this is so garbled, but I'm genuinely upset by this and have had a little cry. My family aren't interested in Dan and Phil so I have no one to rant to :(
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

gnostic wrote:I am as anti phan as they get but if anything, this docu bit makes me believe they're either covering SOMETHING or straight up question their friendship
like seriously, Phil? Seriously? You let your BFF suffer like that? You couldn've at the very least alternated?
Frankly I'm questioning it anyway because if they're not together (which I currently this is probably the case) then I find a lot of their behaviour pretty odd.

Agree with you vogonsrock that if this is the case they've been pulling some morally dodgy shit for the past year or so

I'm bitter cos I've had a rude awakening. I know, you don't have to tell me.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
Bassoonage
drama llama

Lurktacularr wrote:
vogonsrock wrote:

As dizzy said, the bus shit wasn't surprising (even to an optimist like me). In fact when I saw it I was almost glad because at least they had the decency to make it spoofy and jokey and overacted yno? Not trying to pull anything too serious.

It was the separate hotel room bit that got me. And made me question aus DITL. I got it for the DITL cos its part of the routine but there was NO need to say anything like that in the doc, which makes me think its legit and they really did sleep separately.

And that throws a whole new light on things for me. Not even the bus bedroom bit with Dan messing with an ill Phil (ON THE BLOODY BED TOGETHER) has brought it back for me.

I'm sad to say this having been phan AF for such a long time but my phan goggles have fallen off and I think they might have permanently broken. This is the first time I've genuinely thought they're not together (not even 'maybe') in quite a long time.

I'm convinced they spent a majority of the nights in hotels. Maybe the tweets were because they wanted us to think that they were spending their nights on the bus? Maybe hey wanted to seem like they were roughing it? But when Dan said they were living out of hotels instead of living out of a tour bus it made me :?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Just watched TATINOF and really enjoyed it. Worth the €10.
But wow does Dan have serious bad posture throughout it.
Also, don’t know why, but I think I fell in love with Phil just a bit more.
Loved the ending, the singing and dancing was great.
papierklemmen
flower crown

well then guys. fucking TRIGGER WARNING but
this is bullshit

- i can't believe they went with their busgate twitter story. i know i'm a girl, but i would not let my best friend sleep in the fucking bunk for 2 months. i don't care how big the bed is and how straight we both are, i'm sleeping with you in my bed, i'm sleeping on the floor beside you, but NOT LETTING YOU SLEEP IN THE THE FUCKING BUNK BED!!!!!!! that bit was so scripted i actually took a double shot.

- i was praying to all kinds of gods they would address the fanfic parts in the show and interlude it with some kind of #phandivoriced bit, srsly. i was chanting "IF YOU'RE NOT DATING, SAY SO, IT'S NOT SO HARD FFS". ofc it never happened. honestly, it's just so tiring, just say something, i swear, bring back 2012, i don't care, make it official! "WE ARE NOT GAY AND NOT DATING BYE". :sideeye:

- otherwise the doc was cute, but not something i expected... for some reason i expected more on the road #notscripted shenanigans, but we got bits and pieces here and there, and what we got was more like "oh, look at this! look at that!" and was scripted painfully.

-i don't even care to comment on the hotel situation. wait, i have one....... #phanisnotreal. i'm one of those people who 95% don't believe they're dating, but want them to, so i expected this documentary to DIRECTLY tell me which side i should pick and they just basically told me to fuck off. yay.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's the end of my docu review, i'm not sure i'll be watching tatinof.

P.S. pleased it was only $4,7 in my country!
Last edited by papierklemmen on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Well I loved the documentary. For me it was well worth the price tag (I was expecting them both to be more actually) and I've definitely spent a lot more on things that brought me a lot less joy.

Now on to the atual show itself. I'm watching it second as I'm very afraid the cringe factor may be too much for me (plus unlike D&P I couldn't care less about spoilers so spoiling it was not an issue for me).
buffy
tol bean

I just watched the doc and I'm still formulating my thoughts, other than that it was nice and I had a smile on my face most of the time watching it. Gonna make dinner and watch the show soon, but I'm wondering-

Why didn't Phil tweet out the doc? He only retweeted Dan's tweet for the show, and his pinned tweet is the trailer. Kinda weird?

nvm, he just tweeted it. I guess they staggered it so peeps would watch the show first *oops*
Last edited by buffy on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phansthething
placenta

anyone care to pm me a link thats not tr red Hey guys! waiting to review the movies :D
Galactic-Howell

This comments section got dark :P

Anyway, wow this sounds depressing. I can't believe that they pulled out the whole no homo thing. Like, are you actually shitting me? I'm hoping that they haven't just been trolling us with #Phan to go "Oh wait no, no homo, sorry you spent all this money but we're not actually together lolzor."

Is it even worth buying?
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
tigertatze
living flop

Lurktacularr wrote:
vogonsrock wrote:

vogonsrock wrote:
Well, the documentary itself was lovely, however for me the high level of platonic bro was so high it ruined it for me a long term phan af stan. I have never doubted that they were together from the moment I first saw them 6 years or so ago, to today.

Is this what Dan meant by shitstorm, are they trying to 'come out' as platonic. Because if they are after SO long of shipbaiting (because if they are platonic that's what they've been doing) I will have lost all respect for them. Even if they are together but are continuing to put a platonic spin on it I will still have lost respect for them because, Jesus Christ it's been 7 years and they're still so precious about it? I'm sorry that this is so garbled, but I'm genuinely upset by this and have had a little cry. My family aren't interested in Dan and Phil so I have no one to rant to :(
ok, now I'm almost glad about google play fucking around
if the no homo is actually that strong then idk if I want to spend money on deppy the films :sideeye:
#nohetero
papierklemmen
flower crown

phansthething wrote:anyone care to pm me a link thats not tr red Hey guys! waiting to review the movies :D
pls pm me too if you have the totally legal copy of the show.
hollyphan
glabella

TATINOF
I found Dan's "don't date real people, just date fictional characters, they don't hurt your feelings!" bit a bit strange? also funny, of course he "dated" all Evan Peters characters
Phandom got me like..
papierklemmen
flower crown

tigertatze wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
vogonsrock wrote:

vogonsrock wrote:

if the no homo is actually that strong then idk if I want to spend money on deppy the films :sideeye:
it is strong in the documentary. i believe it doesn't matter in the case of the actual show cause it's an actual production and scripted&rehearsed to hell and back. if i were you i'd only pay for tatinof and not the docu (AND I DID THE OPPOSITE LOL)
vogonsrock
squish

tigertatze wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
vogonsrock wrote:

vogonsrock wrote:

I'm glad I saw it - in a way, even if I've unsubscribed from them on all my accounts (to raw to watch them at the moment, but I suspect I have over-reacted somewhat). However I definitely won't be watching the show now.
tigertatze
living flop

papierklemmen wrote:
it is strong in the documentary. i believe it doesn't matter in the case of the actual show cause it's an actual production and scripted&rehearsed to hell and back. if i were you i'd only pay for tatinof and not the docu (AND I DID VICE VERSA BTW LOL)
the thing is, if they're actively no homoing hard (or you know just plain aren't together) then I do consider the way they've been playing into phan shipbaiting and that in turn sours me to them personally and then I also don't want to pay to watch their show even if that doesn't feature the no homo :sideeye:
#nohetero
Galactic-Howell

tigertatze wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
it is strong in the documentary. i believe it doesn't matter in the case of the actual show cause it's an actual production and scripted&rehearsed to hell and back. if i were you i'd only pay for tatinof and not the docu (AND I DID VICE VERSA BTW LOL)
the thing is, if they're actively no homoing hard (or you know just plain aren't together) then I do consider the way they've been playing into phan shipbaiting and that in turn sours me to them personally and then I also don't want to pay to watch their show even if that doesn't feature the no homo :sideeye:

Same here Hope they haven't just been using us.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

I'm done watching the doc, I was kind of looking down on it for some unknown reason but I was happily surprised. I liked it . I can't bring myself to watch the show though maybe one day, I will watch it.
:biheart: