Dan & Phil part 27: Let's Go Home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
eevee
emo goose

papierklemmen wrote:i'm saying that it's ok to have headcanons and i everyone is welcome to discuss it with fellow friends and shippers, but i think it's uncomfortable when fans go out of their way to make sure deppy see comments about their presumed sexual life. if dan is lurking here it's his own fault though , same if he searches his name on ao3 and expects to see anything but hat fic or whatever

and yeah, i don't really understand why people think he would be a bottom... is it because of his looks? because of voldy? idk... none of the gay couples i know even have anal sex AT ALL (yeah, that conversation only comes up during drunk parties though :lol: )
I knew what you were saying I was trying to tease you just about the dan bottoming part, haha. I agree that it def shouldn't be forced on them or shoved in their faces. Like sometimes I still get secondhand embarrassment when I remember that some fan made them do a proposal pose at a meet and greet. I wish they had just said no, lol.

I'll PM you about the assumed sexual dynamics because im sure people dont care to read about it but in all seriousness they probably switch around :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
papierklemmen
flower crown

eevee wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:i'm saying that it's ok to have headcanons and i everyone is welcome to discuss it with fellow friends and shippers, but i think it's uncomfortable when fans go out of their way to make sure deppy see comments about their presumed sexual life. if dan is lurking here it's his own fault though , same if he searches his name on ao3 and expects to see anything but hat fic or whatever

and yeah, i don't really understand why people think he would be a bottom... is it because of his looks? because of voldy? idk... none of the gay couples i know even have anal sex AT ALL (yeah, that conversation only comes up during drunk parties though :lol: )
I knew what you were saying I was trying to tease you just about the dan bottoming part, haha. I agree that it def shouldn't be forced on them or shoved in their faces. Like sometimes I still get secondhand embarrassment when I remember that some fan made them do a proposal pose at a meet and greet. I wish they had just said no, lol.

I'll PM you about the assumed sexual dynamics because im sure people dont care to read about it but in all seriousness they probably switch around :)
lol can't wait! bring it on
nephilimcat wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:considering the #busgate practically started with their tweets, i expect a sequal #busgate 2: into trolling. what else are they gonna come up with this time? after all, it's easy to lie when you can't see their faces!
I'm not even expecting them to haru it this time. I can already see Dan them tweeting something stupid Leave it, guys, just leave it. I get why they're doing it this way, but ugh, I don't want #busgate to start all over again :roll:
this so much, just KILL IT WITH FIRE ALREADY. it is really the hill they want us to die on???? :facepalm:
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

This has actually really annoyed me, I was looking forward to a joint liveshow tomorrow but no....I don't even have twitter! Don't get me wrong, I check updatedphan daily but I don't want to do some sort of dual screen business where I've got my laptop and phone or whatever (I would have been willing if it was a live watch on you now but it doesn't make sense on twitter...I'm annoyed also that this could muck up your watch tonight! Plus, we know exactly how it's going to go. I don't think they can add anything to the films now, especially not the show.

I rarely get pissed at DAP but how dare they take away the first live show after the release! I just know this is going to drag #busgate from the grave, and it really needs to die now.

[offtopic]I'm watching Strictly Come Dancing right now (Dancing With the Stars in the UK) and I could totally have got on board with Dan and Phil doing the Salsa to end TATINOF. Come to think of it, I'd love to know what they envisioned for the dance originally, did they have any ideas or was it choreographed completely for them?[/offtopic]
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
Becky.rigby
living flop

What I don't understand is why didn't they do the twitter live reply when it came out, most people who want to watch it have already watched it now? And why the day and exact time phil usually does his live streams? Sorry but not interested, I've already watched it anyway today. Not going to watch it again so soon just to see their twitter replies. Hmm really hoped they would have done a live stream to celebrate the release.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

+1 to the party of disappointed for the liveshow tomorrow. I mean unless you have a phan reference in your name don't even expect a tweet from them. Why couldn't Phil have done a liveshow for 30 mins then they could have done their lame viewing tweet thing. They say to start at 7 but this is Dan and Phil, they'll be late so we shall all be ahead of them anyways as they couldn't even get the videos online on time. So salty right now.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

itsonlybeth wrote:[offtopic]I'm watching Strictly Come Dancing right now (Dancing With the Stars in the UK) and I could totally have got on board with Dan and Phil doing the Salsa to end TATINOF. Come to think of it, I'd love to know what they envisioned for the dance originally, did they have any ideas or was it choreographed completely for them?[/offtopic]
Just for them, by Paul Robinson, who's been involved in Singin' in the Rain, Chicago... lots of West End shows. Which is the style they'd clearly envisioned for "The Internet is Here" not a ballroom/latin dance routine...? :?
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
violet-writer
living flop

missemma wrote:+1 to the party of disappointed for the liveshow tomorrow. I mean unless you have a phan reference in your name don't even expect a tweet from them. Why couldn't Phil have done a liveshow for 30 mins then they could have done their lame viewing tweet thing. They say to start at 7 but this is Dan and Phil, they'll be late so we shall all be ahead of them anyways as they couldn't even get the videos online on time. So salty right now.
same. maybe they view it as a private moment dan doesn't want to cry on camera
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
bluewho
truth bomb

*thunder rattles in the distance, a lone scream rings out over the dark landscape*
*cackles* yaasssss i cannot wait to roast them to a crisp No more Mrs. Nice Fangirl, at halloween the monsters come out to play muahahhahaaa~

This post is largely an excuse to use vampire willow gifs, and I do not apologize.
eevee wrote:
bluewho wrote:The tweet probably wasn't about Dan and Phil
What was it about then? I'm not in the loop when it comes to Tomska so it could be about something I don't know about. But if there's nothing else going on then I'm going to continue to assume that it was about dan and phil. I read it as him saying that the audience wants them to get married, audience satisfaction is key, and getting married will optimize it. Then a little comment like "this is really bothering me that you guys arent married yet" lol. Maybe I'm majorly missing something...but to me the relation to dan and phil is clear as ...i just tried to write "clear as day" and typed "clear as gay" that's the best typo I've ever done in my whole life.

Anyway whether it was a joke about dan and phil or completely unrelated, he really should've put more than 10 seconds of thought into it :lol:
Hmm, now you've explained it I totally see how you could immediately read it as about Dan and Phil yeah, he probably should have thought that one through lmao
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
itsonlybeth wrote:[offtopic]I'm watching Strictly Come Dancing right now (Dancing With the Stars in the UK) and I could totally have got on board with Dan and Phil doing the Salsa to end TATINOF. Come to think of it, I'd love to know what they envisioned for the dance originally, did they have any ideas or was it choreographed completely for them?[/offtopic]
Just for them, by Paul Robinson, who's been involved in Singin' in the Rain, Chicago... lots of West End shows. Which is the style they'd clearly envisioned for "The Internet is Here" not a ballroom/latin dance routine...? :?
Wow...they definitely sourced their professionals. It didn't come across in that post but I was joking :D it was honestly just the thought of them doing a jive or whatever that cracked me up and I had to share! I didn't have 'The Internet Is Here' in mind honestly to go with that image so I don't know what I was thinking really :lol:
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
Moony
sofa crease

Becky.rigby wrote:What I don't understand is why didn't they do the twitter live reply when it came out, most people who want to watch it have already watched it now? And why the day and exact time phil usually does his live streams? Sorry but not interested, I've already watched it anyway today. Not going to watch it again so soon just to see their twitter replies. Hmm really hoped they would have done a live stream to celebrate the release.
Well, it could be because in some countries it wasn't avaible right away (I had to wait a day) and maybe they think that it's better now when everyone can watch it. Or it could be because they wanted for everyone not to be distracted by twitter when we would watch it for the first time.
Nevertheless, I agree with you because I was really looking forward to a live stream.
eevee
emo goose

bluewho wrote:Hmm, now you've explained it I totally see how you could immediately read it as about Dan and Phil yeah, he probably should have thought that one through lmao
I have since learned that it was an "engagement" pun about his audience that went completely over my head :lol: oops

Anyway in the meantime...are the lesters still in London?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Rigby
lady door

Slightly dissapointed that there won't be a liveshow, but either way I'm not going to be online at that time on Sunday so I'm not that salty.

Also, I'm quite a fan of making puns (please don't punch me in the face) so I got Tomska's tweet right away :lol:

[offtopic]Sorry for quoting from the previous thread, but how on Earth is that traffic light supposed to work? It's huge!
eevee wrote: Who took this photo then? management?
[/offtopic]
papierklemmen
flower crown

violet-writer wrote: same. maybe they view it as a private moment dan doesn't want to cry on camera
i'm sure they just don't want to show their liar liar pants on fire faces during the painfully scripted bedroom moments :roll: they know we can read their poker faces

pls whoever has twitter, i dare you to ROAST them to HELL and back!
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

I am not happy I want a joint ls.
Are they in London? Will they be in London on Sunday?
I want a lot of selfies during their twitter party as "reaction"
But aside from copyright shiz, they can't stream and do a ls because they are the type of people who don't talk during a movie. So can we have the joint liveshow on Tuesday instead?? Or, they can do it on the Oct18, the day before their friend-niversary. I just want a joint ls. :sobs: :sobs:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Rigby wrote:
[offtopic]Sorry for quoting from the previous thread, but how on Earth is that traffic light supposed to work? It's huge!
[/offtopic]
LOl, It has standard red,green,amber, then red arrow for no left turn and green arrow for ok to left turn. We are so bad at driving her in LA we need dedicated turn signals so we dont crash into eachother.

A few days ago the corner that had youtube stuff had two other red shows on it. I wonder if they changed it out just this morning. I will try to drive around tomorrow to find out.
Rigby
lady door

Artdefines06 wrote:
Rigby wrote:
[offtopic]
Sorry for quoting from the previous thread, but how on Earth is that traffic light supposed to work? It's huge!
[/offtopic]
LOl, It has standard red,green,amber, then red arrow for no left turn and green arrow for ok to left turn. We are so bad at driving her in LA we need dedicated turn signals so we dont crash into eachother.
Oh, I see! Thanks for explaining. We have the same thing here (Buenos Aires) but the lights are next to each other and not below, like this:

People are also terrible drivers here :P
MultipleKitty
tol bean
Pronouns: they/them #didissues

Although I'm absolutely in love with the "best friends" condoms, they're German so I'm assuming they aren't the ones on display. However you do get purple Durex which is the most common brand in the UK, and honestly it can't be unseen now. The purple variety is called "intimate feel", I now know far too much about condoms.
Hannah Elizabeth. Holly Annabelle.
Daisy-Emily Rose. April-Mae.
Ally Alice. Holly Leafiee.
Holly Kitty. Damon James.
Laurisa/Rissa. Alex.
Hana. Serra.
eevee
emo goose

MultipleKitty wrote:Although I'm absolutely in love with the "best friends" condoms, they're German so I'm assuming they aren't the ones on display. However you do get purple Durex which is the most common brand in the UK, and honestly it can't be unseen now. The purple variety is called "intimate feel", I now know far too much about condoms.
no like......because......dan and phil.......are......"best friends"......like......get it.......i don't really think they were seriously using condoms.......um....this is awkward
papierklemmen
flower crown

MultipleKitty wrote:Although I'm absolutely in love with the "best friends" condoms, they're German so I'm assuming they aren't the ones on display. However you do get purple Durex which is the most common brand in the UK, and honestly it can't be unseen now. The purple variety is called "intimate feel", I now know far too much about condoms.
lol it was a joke :platonic:
anathema
morning quiff

Rigby wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:
Rigby wrote:
[/offtopic]
Oh, I see! Thanks for explaining. We have the same thing here (Buenos Aires) but the lights are next to each other and not below, like this:

People are also terrible drivers here :P
We (well at least in AZ, but I'm sure they exist in CA too) have ones like that too, it really just depends where you are :lol:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
MultipleKitty
tol bean
Pronouns: they/them #didissues

papierklemmen wrote:
awkward, i take things as facts far too often. sorry :? :facepalm:
Hannah Elizabeth. Holly Annabelle.
Daisy-Emily Rose. April-Mae.
Ally Alice. Holly Leafiee.
Holly Kitty. Damon James.
Laurisa/Rissa. Alex.
Hana. Serra.
bluewho
truth bomb

MultipleKitty wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
awkward, i take things as facts far too often. sorry :? :facepalm:
don't worry, we all do that sometimes :platonic:
adonais
crusty sponge

On the topic of the mysterious wrapper, just looked to my right and saw its almost exact match beside my pop can. Right down to the shape, size, magenta outside, light blue center, and the picture in the middle. :D

Fairly sure it's the paper wrapper that comes on top of Pomegranate Pelligrinos! I'm putting the pic behind a spoiler bc I've never linked a pic before and the preview makes it seem absolutely massive and I'm not quite sure how to fix that. :?
anathema
morning quiff

adonais wrote:On the topic of the mysterious wrapper, just looked to my right and saw its almost exact match beside my pop can. Right down to the shape, size, magenta outside, light blue center, and the picture in the middle. :D

Fairly sure it's the paper wrapper that comes on top of Pomegranate Pelligrinos! I'm putting the pic behind a spoiler bc I've never linked a pic before and the preview makes it seem absolutely massive and I'm not quite sure how to fix that. :?
I think you could be right! It makes sense as fizzy drinks can help if your stomach feels bad.
(Also, like... why would they be having sex when Phil is sick and they're on tour? Lol...)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

anathema wrote:
adonais wrote:On the topic of the mysterious wrapper, just looked to my right and saw its almost exact match beside my pop can. Right down to the shape, size, magenta outside, light blue center, and the picture in the middle. :D

I think you could be right! It makes sense as fizzy drinks can help if your stomach feels bad.
(Also, like... why would they be having sex when Phil is sick and they're on tour? Lol...)
Does anyone also think they're still using condoms after 7 years?

Also hi - add me to the pissy party regarding no liveshow. This has done nothing to help my current feelings towards them. I was hoping for a joint liveshow which would convince me once again that they're together and are in fact not morally bankrupt dickheads. Le sigh.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB