Dan & Phil part 27: Let's Go Home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kinemacolor
crusty sponge

Artdefines06 wrote:I just found this - the sound from the missing fanfic scenes. I don't know if anyone already posted it or not. OMG its sooo much worse than I remember, I knew it was scandalous and shippier than the cowboy scenes, but man I forgot how bad it was - almost crossing a line lol. I dont think the fics I've read were even this kinky. If I was them I wouldn't post it lol.

https://soundcloud.com/eavans/cake-is-wild
hah when i went to tatinof originally i think i dropped the link in the forum but no one really listened to it (i think because of spoilers) ! as i saw in the tatinof movie they never put in the scene so i didn't feel so morally compromised sharing it. i was just far enough where i couldn't get away with filming it but i knew someone would want to listen so i just did the audio.

at the time of watching it i was just like some of you guys... i was so... uncomfortable... the girls i went with were way more into it then i was (i swear the screams are from them :? ) and like... i can't even explain what i was feeling? like i was very much torn between trying to enjoy it and being slightly creeped out by it.

just to explain some weird places:

dan was sitting down when phil gave him the cake. when he stuffed it in his mouth (in two bursts), phil was pretty forceful and deliberately made it a mess. dan (and i think everyone in the audience) really wasn't expecting it and i got a good laugh at seeing dan look so surprised from it. if i remember correctly phil even purposefully made the frosting smear across on his face a second or two in as well. phil seemed like he was amused by dan's reaction and the whole situation as well, as i noticed a lot of his eye contact was on dan's face as to gauge his reaction throughout. (i know this reads as fanfic but if anyone else that was there can vouch for me i found the whole interaction interesting to hell and back and very un-persona so you bet i took those mental notes during it :sideeye: )

when dan stood up a crap ton of the chocolate cake fell and you can hear me go "i feel bad for who's gonna have to clean this up" bc holy shit was it a mess.

at 9:26 i'm pretty sure he brushed his hair back and it was wavy from all the sweat, hence my "awh"

at 10:00 as they left for good through the microwave dan came back and waved to the audience (with a little hop?) before going back through; everyone found it pretty cute.

i don't know if anyone else has questions but i can try to remember the best i can?? there are some posters on here that were at this show as well so i'll try??
to continue the neverending wankfest that is "dan and phil™ fanfic" in tatinof, i was really really not a fan. i really could not enjoy it. i found the whole interaction painful considering the constant screaming around me and just... very unlike what i believe them to be comfortable with, especially phil. i know this is just taking from their youtube personas (and i'm never one to perpetuate pg phil), but i've sensed since his tumblr tag videos an aversion to ship-py stuff in general. i don't think he has the same relationship to fanwork as dan does. dan seems to actively participate in fan culture (guild wars comes to mind) and seems to see the odd line of fiction and reality i think it takes a lot of time online to aquire and i don't think phil is necessarily as comfortable with. i know they'd never write something they wouldn't feel comfortable with but for this part especially in my own heart i could not enjoy it with the thought in my head that at least partially they weren't really that into it. i know this sounds naive but it all just seemed incredibly cheap to me.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

MultipleKitty wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:I just found this - the sound from the missing fanfic scenes. I don't know if anyone already posted it or not. OMG its sooo much worse than I remember, I knew it was scandalous and shippier than the cowboy scenes, but man I forgot how bad it was - almost crossing a line lol. I dont think the fics I've read were even this kinky. If I was them I wouldn't post it lol.

quoted from the op :
"this part was really cute actually :") just to clarify at this point the scene had finished filming and dan had stood up to a fuck ton of crumbs falling off him and bullshit amount of chocolate frosting had smeared his face and... i do not blame him. phil was way more forceful then i think any of us (dan included) expected. truly a sight to be seen and i wish there was footage of it online."

i have no words.
Sadly I was in the balcony so I couldn't see too well, but I do remember Phil with that giant giggle smile he gets having a lot of fun.

you know, this one :)

Maybe it was payback for this

BTW I dont understand what i'm doing wrong I make the pictures small and they still turn out massive when I post them...what am I doing wrong?
JoeAverage
sad dimple

bluewho wrote:On the existential crisis scene: Phil reassures and comforts Dan whenever he's upset
this is so precious, even if they arent dating I legit think they are soulmates :sobs: :sobs:

-On the cake audio thing: I think im gonna pass on posting any personal opinion or comment about it until I have seen the actual scene (that hopefully dan is going to upload later on as an extra credit scene or blooper), because i know the boys play rough (no innuendo implied ok maybe a bit 8-)) and i dont wanna make assumptions just from the audio itself but im curious in hearing other peoples opinions. :platonic:
Phil Lester is a genius
papierklemmen
flower crown

I listened to the audio and didn't find it particularly scandalous. Phil sounds really out of character, true , but I think it's no more uncomfortable than other fanfiction options - but of course I can't judge it without seeing it. As for me, the whole fanfiction section is a hot mess that shouldn't have been there, but as they claim they "wrote everything" I believe they thought it had to be there for a reason - fanservice, appreciation of fan culture, further establishing that 'phan is not real' by turning it into an unpleasant experience for everyone involved.

Judging just by the audio, Phil sounds as detached from his real self as it can get :lol:
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

"Open wide for captain Lester"

:shock:
gnostic
stress mushroom

I guess we can all agree that whatever Dan and Phil's relationship, it's the kind where Phil is comfortable to wake up to find Dan laying next to him playing with his hair, and we can all be happy with that
Just here for the marketing skills
human
dan hand trash

dans left hand wrote:"Open wide for captain Lester"

I remember hearing this audio when it happened and yeah, I could have gone the rest of my life happily without hearing it lol. It's such an odd scene lol.
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

dans left hand wrote:"Open wide for captain Lester"

I don't think I ever needed to hear phil say that
Amelie
delia smith

This was hilarious. I feel like it was written with the complete knowledge that it would never be picked. I'm really hoping we get the actual footage at some point in the future

I actually really enjoyed the fanfiction section of TATINOF (contrary to the general consensus), but this was probably because I was sitting next to some 12 year olds dad, and throughout the whole thing I was just thinking about this fathers realisation as to what his daughter was doing on the internet :lol:
bluewho
truth bomb

kinemacolor wrote: dan was sitting down when phil gave him the cake. when he stuffed it in his mouth (in two bursts), phil was pretty forceful and deliberately made it a mess. dan (and i think everyone in the audience) really wasn't expecting it and i got a good laugh at seeing dan look so surprised from it. if i remember correctly phil even purposefully made the frosting smear across on his face a second or two in as well. phil seemed like he was amused by dan's reaction and the whole situation as well, as i noticed a lot of his eye contact was on dan's face as to gauge his reaction throughout. (i know this reads as fanfic but if anyone else that was there can vouch for me i found the whole interaction interesting to hell and back and very un-persona so you bet i took those mental notes during it :sideeye: )
I am literally speechless.

I think this is something they would both be okay with considering Dan's tweet that they wrote it themselves, & it was their idea to put it in the show, & it was their idea to film it. Also if people are saying Phil seemed glad/out of character then he was probably pretty into it

But yes, this is quite scandalous in my opinion so I can see why if it were released people may get upset about shipbaiting/queerbaiting again. From my personal perspective it's hilarious, and a la Amelie and Dan (based on his tweet) I am also amused thinking about all the shocked and offended middle class parents watching

I wouldn't say I am uncomfortable but I will say I am shocked. It's almost more scandalous that they did that in front of a live audience.

re the is Dan a top or a bottom debate does Phil saying 'Dan wants to get probed first' answer the question

Platonic probing aside, I enjoyed the live-tweeting but not as much as I thought I would since I was busy. I didn't @ them about busgate though for the very reason that I was hoping if they didn't see much about it they might haru it. There's no real point anyway since they've given the official line on it now, no amount of busgate tweets is going to make them change their story and will probably just make them feel fearful of being outed/upset remembering they had to lie

If they do use the other fanfiction footage, do you think they might use it in the form of a youtube video with annotations you can click on to choose the options - so you can choose the different various paths?
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

i found this clip on instagram of the cake scene, so i saved it and put it on twitter (no worries it has a huge watermark)- it's p short but still good + you can see !

https://twitter.com/redamancydjh/status ... 6891686912
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
phanaconda
dank meme

kinemacolor, I haven't watched it live, but since you said Phil looked forceful, was really into it and it seemed out of character, he probably was teasing Dan like he's done a few times in the past. :lol:

Like in this iconic radioshow moment:

uglyamerican
woodland creature

I rewatched the doc last night as I was falling asleep, and here are some notes that I haven't seen discussed yet. When D&P are "introduced" to the new, larger American set, the implication is that they haven't seen it before. However, the first performance was at Playlist, and the backstage set introduction segment in the doc was shot somewhere else in Florida, maybe Jacksonville or Clearwater?

In the Las Vegas sequence, we see Phil seated at the slots, apparently up $400. There are two women behind Phil - managers, onlookers, or something else?

#busgate: I did some research on starcoach (tour busses fitted out for headliners) bunks. The standard length for mobile bunks is 75", but up to 80" *could* be specified (probably not common though.) Widths are generally 28-34". You can buy a slightly used starcoach for $4-500K. They rent for $1,500/day.
Last edited by uglyamerican on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melon lord
morning quiff

I think it's generally that they tease about phan as much as they are comfortable doing. They are ok with performing silly fanfics that they wrote. Dan calls himself Phil trash. But they don't do anything that may come off as misconstrued by fans, like busgate or when phil will out dan if dan is telling a story and uses "a friend" rather than Phil. If they were hiding a relationshop for 6 years surely they'd be much better at it and avoid any hints of phan existing. But it's like they do just enough to keep shippers entertained (lbr a lot of fans are just shippers and not into them for them as people if they weren't a team), but nothing to give fuel to an already burning fire. Even if they shared the bed platonically which is totally ok, it would never be believed anyway and fans would use it forevermore.

papierklemmen
flower crown

[offtopic]sorry for the offtopic, but i was just wondering, is there more to phan anti-proof than the two blogs on tumblr/is there any compilation or timeline like the one with phan proof? i've only seen the stuff from phantiproof, but i couldn't for the sake of me get anything from phanantiproof since it's 10000% asks and answers, i don't even know wtf is going on there and it doesn't open properly on my computer so i don't know if i'm missing out. i'm especially interested in any analysis of their 2009/2010 twitter/db interactions and videos from the anti point of view which doesn't end with one sentence "oh, everyone did it back then/they were emo/cute friends".
i'm not gonna drag anyone into the pits of antiproof hell, i just want some perspective, i promise! :lol:
if anyone's wondering it's because i wanted to bring some stuff up in the "if you don't ship phan why not" thread now that i have been discovering their older videos and been noticing quite some hardcore immature shipbaiting, along with the now changed clickbaity/shipbaity titles and their general behavior on twitter, but i don't want to upset anyone cause i know no one enjoys the "shipbaiting" discussions and i hope i could discover some of it on my own and come to my own conclusions[/offtopic]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

melon lord wrote: If they were hiding a relationshop for 6 years surely they'd be much better at it and avoid any hints of phan existing.
This part I disagree with. They're real people navigating a situation they have no precedent for, starting when one of them was a teenager and one was barely an adult - not professionals with media teams and oodles of PR agents instructing them. I think they've handled this exactly the way I'd expect two people just figuring it out for themselves would, fucking it up a few times then eventually settling into a comfortable middle ground between being out and being so in that everyone knows there's something weird about it.

As many people have worded better than me in the past, they dealt with keeping their relationship private by deciding to allow their fans entitlement to a certain amount (fanfic, fanart, shippy memes, generally phan as a ship born and thriving within the fandom itself) and being at peace with that, but drawing the line at where it crosses over to their actual life (not wanting people to know where they slept for two months).
annetamiau
lady door

The amount of antis we have lately is depressing
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
papierklemmen
flower crown

annetamiau wrote:The amount of antis we have lately is depressing
dezzawintz
dank meme

This might have been covered before (apologies if so) but can anyone explain the negative reactions to the fanfiction segment? Is it a baiting concern?
just an existential pigeon trying to have a good time
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

papierklemmen wrote:
Agreed papierklemmen. Anti isn't a dirty word. You can be a hardcore fan of D+P and not ship them and not think that they are together. I'm open to them being together or them not being together, as I think that both scenarios are intriguing. I also like to be realistic though and not see everything through . I understand though that some people are invested in phan so its not the same for them as it is for me.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

I just wanna say something cause it's been bugging me for the past few days, not wanting to state that you know that Phan is real doesn't make you an anti. Antis want phan to not be real at all. I'm gonna speak for myself here, I don't particularly ship phan it doesn't mean I am against the idea of them being together but rather that I don't want to have a fixed opinion on the all thing cause it makes me uncomfortable to say I know they're together or I know they're not together.
I don't think there has been a new amount of antis, cause the only antis we've had were aggressive and refused to hear others' opinions but rather people who want to be the devil's advocate or whatever you want to call it and try to have a civil discussion about the several possibilities of Phan.
It bothers me that you have to be a shipper to be able to post on this forum otherwise you'll be classified as an "anti" or "dangirl" as if it was an insult. I had to pretend to be a shipper at the beginning cause I didn't want to be rejected in a forum that is mostly on the shipping/real side of the fandom and it's not fun.
:biheart:
bear
hobbit hair

papierklemmen wrote:[offtopic]sorry for the offtopic, but i was just wondering, is there more to phan anti-proof than the two blogs on tumblr/is there any compilation or timeline like the one with phan proof? i've only seen the stuff from phantiproof, but i couldn't for the sake of me get anything from phanantiproof since it's 10000% asks and answers, i don't even know wtf is going on there and it doesn't open properly on my computer so i don't know if i'm missing out. i'm especially interested in any analysis of their 2009/2010 twitter/db interactions and videos from the anti point of view which doesn't end with one sentence "oh, everyone did it back then/they were emo/cute friends".
i'm not gonna drag anyone into the pits of antiproof hell, i just want some perspective, i promise! :lol:
if anyone's wondering it's because i wanted to bring some stuff up in the "if you don't ship phan why not" thread now that i have been discovering their older videos and been noticing quite some hardcore immature shipbaiting, along with the now changed clickbaity/shipbaity titles and their general behavior on twitter, but i don't want to upset anyone cause i know no one enjoys the "shipbaiting" discussions and i hope i could discover some of it on my own and come to my own conclusions[/offtopic]
There's counterphan, which is probably the best anti blog (the password is soulmate) and phantiproof (I don't like as much, but they have some valid points.)
There's also antiphannie as well, but they're rude and immature and have almost 0 no good points.
corn flakes
moon room

NarrysCanary wrote:
I just wanna say something cause it's been bugging me for the past few days, not wanting to state that you know that Phan is real doesn't make you an anti. Antis want phan to not be real at all. I'm gonna speak for myself here, I don't particularly ship phan it doesn't mean I am against the idea of them being together but rather that I don't want to have a fixed opinion on the all thing cause it makes me uncomfortable to say I know they're together or I know they're not together.
I don't think there has been a new amount of antis, cause the only antis we've had were aggressive and refused to hear others' opinions but rather people who want to be the devil's advocate or whatever you want to call it and try to have a civil discussion about the several possibilities of Phan.
It bothers me that you have to be a shipper to be able to post on this forum otherwise you'll be classified as an "anti" or "dangirl" as if it was an insult. I had to pretend to be a shipper at the beginning cause I didn't want to be rejected in a forum that is mostly on the shipping/real side of the fandom and it's not fun.
This part so much. Idk if they are a couple, happy if they are equally happy if they have someone in their lifes. I love to hear opinions that are from all sides if they don't try to come as if they hold the truth or at least not something out of a conspiracy story. I also like more dan's content more, idk why but I do, I like some of phil's solo content and all their joint one but it's bothers me how most use "dangirl" as an insult while it's acceptable to like only phil. I'm saying only let people like what they like, we are all only here to have fun
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
DryCereal
koi pond

That's 5.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
cold-tea
delia smith

IckleMissMayhem wrote: That's 5.
Could you hint any harder, Philip?