Dan & Phil part 27: Let's Go Home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote:
Galactic-Howell wrote:
melon lord wrote:That Dan gave clothes to charity without asking for payment or mentioning it beforehand (as in he said he'd already done it, not "ohhh gonna donate look at me philanthropist", says a lot.

Auctioning stuff off would be cool and a way to get rid of the piles of crap they accumulated :lol: and if it goes to charity even better.

But yeah unless they do something literally unexpected then I won't take "shitstorm" seriously. :sideeye:

Same here. I'm expecting it's not going to be a shitstorm, just "Oh look, we're auctioning things off" Or something to do with the cake fic, or photoshoot stuff.

It seems have a different idea of what a shitstorm is than we do.
They do, but it makes sense because they get to see a much, much more intense reaction to things than we do. Also for everything we consider not a big deal they get tens of thousands of all cap tweets flailing about.

Exactly. The Twitter Phandom is intense. As is the Tumblr one.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
bear
hobbit hair

Ugh the one Tuesday I'm actually free to watch his liveshow, he moves it to Thursday, and I can't watch then.
It's big enough to move the liveshow, so maybe it's actually something big and worth discussing? I'm a optimist though, so it's probably what people have said already: stand up to cancer (haven't done that yet), TATINOF, etc.
Maybe the black background has something to do with it?
Maybe it's a excuse to not do a liveshow on National coming out day.
melon lord
morning quiff

I'm actually lowkey glad I stayed out of the tumblr phandom back in the day, and the twitter one. I just lurked whenever there was drama (as often as the tides tbh :lol: ) and I stayed on the forum, and now here.

Even if that other troll smack talked some users here, honestly this is the safest space to be honest about D&P. Being critical on tumblr is a death sentence. You will get trampled by an angry mob and your own personal safety may be at steak. Twitter will never shut up and you will end up arguing with random people when you just wanna live your life.

I would still be mortified if they read this forum. But dammit, at least here I feel safer and more at home being critical/less than enthusiastic, or even over the moon and fangirly and happy. Plus it's more controlled and it's less overwhelming even if you do get an angry PM.

Galactic-Howell

melon lord wrote:I'm actually lowkey glad I stayed out of the tumblr phandom back in the day, and the twitter one. I just lurked whenever there was drama (as often as the tides tbh :lol: ) and I stayed on the forum, and now here.

Even if that other troll smack talked some users here, honestly this is the safest space to be honest about D&P. Being critical on tumblr is a death sentence. You will get trampled by an angry mob and your own personal safety may be at steak. Twitter will never shut up and you will end up arguing with random people when you just wanna live your life.

I would still be mortified if they read this forum. But dammit, at least here I feel safer and more at home being critical/less than enthusiastic, or even over the moon and fangirly and happy. Plus it's more controlled and it's less overwhelming even if you do get an angry PM.

It is a bloodbath on Tumblr if anyone is ever negative about There's always a lot of "THINK OF HOW MUCH THEY HAVE DONE FOR US" and "MY DADS/SONS"

IDB is the best place. It's logical and rational, while still having respectful conversations and the occasional theory (both actually possible and silly)

Love being here
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
JoeAverage
sad dimple

So much going on, so many posts i cant decide which to express my irrelevant opinion on.
Catallena wrote: Yeah Phil was really skinny during the tour, some of his shirts were wearing him instead of the other way around. The shot where he's standing looking at Dan and the woman going through his suitcase is SCARY. Phil has always been slim (I guess he used to have a little belly but whatevz) but that was a bit... It really must've been stress or something because Phil ate more pancakes in those two months than I do in 2 years and despite putting more crap in his body than ever he just stayed like that (I'm lowkey mad tbh). I think he has been putting on some weight again though
Oh I do hope so, he does get me worried, specially if he is eating so much crap he could become anemic really fast, and thats not sth to mess with.
eevee wrote:HOLD UP is this a double chin

omgzor guys dan's really letting himself go, all of phil's weight went to his chins!
Reading this after reading the previous answer just cracked me up thanks guys (I love how easy Dan seems to gain weight, I find it so adorable).
majitzu wrote:[offtopic]Completely of topic, but this is my one of my favourite videos, and because is unlisted I'm sure some of you haven't watch it.

[/offtopic]
Oh yes, I used to watch this video before going to sleep when i was going through a hard patch, its one of my favorite videos in life. Also phils soft voice gives me life :clapping: :sobs: and nobody can convince me that dan wasnt checking that ass after 1:55 (that jumpcut 8-) ) Sorry not sorry
Phil Lester is a genius
melon lord
morning quiff

Galactic-Howell wrote: It is a bloodbath on Tumblr if anyone is ever negative about There's always a lot of "THINK OF HOW MUCH THEY HAVE DONE FOR US" and "MY DADS/SONS"

IDB is the best place. It's logical and rational, while still having respectful conversations and the occasional theory (both actually possible and silly)

Love being here
Tumblr is terrifying. I know tumblr in general is what you make of it. Who you follow, etc. But damn if it doesn't have some.... intense personalities.

Your senpai won't notice you if you stand up for them. No one will give a shi-... toot if you think of them as dad/son. Even if dan lurks and knows and sees all he'll still close the tab and move on with his life while you foam at the mouth like you swallowed a bath bomb.

Some of the things fans have said on their social media and blogs is so cringy my skin crawls in second hand embarrassment. :facepalm: And they think it's ok because "dan likes that sense of humour".

LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

eevee wrote: But auctioning off something you've owned or warn just screams "entitled celebrity on a high horse" to me. I don't see it as something dan and phil would do. Even throughout the docu, they remained humble and didn't let the youtube fame go to their head (unlike a certain someone else we know who released a documentary whose name rhymes with shmyler shmoakley) so I just don't see them doing something like that....idk i could be wrong
I'd have to disagree with this point, I feel like when it's for charity puts the whole thing in another level, I applaud Zoe -even if most of time I disagree with everything she does/says- for doing that and I'm actually very surprised and sad that the bids are that low.
also they low key had their moments of being an "entitled celebrity on a high horse" on the documentary (nothing major like that other youtuber you pointed) but like the comments about the linting Dan being someone's dream job and someone being happy for getting a shoe in the face? lol (not that it isn't actually true or that I think badly of them for these comments, but still...)
Agree with thinking that if deppy did that prices would (probably) go higher, not only it would fit more people but people would wanna buy it just because it was theirs. It's actually a good idea if they are never using that props again, it just helps the cause.
bluewho
truth bomb

:wahh:
I was okay with no joint liveshow on Sunday because I thought we'd get a Dan liveshow Tuesday but now I'm sad, also because
papierklemmen wrote:the FUN part is that nothing they promised to be FUN so far was actually FUN :sideeye:
Of course I understand if it's to avoid 'coming out' comments and I wouldn't want him to put himself through it if it's going to be stressful so it can't be helped but sigh.
dans left hand

melon lord wrote:
honestly this is the safest space to be honest about D&P. Being critical on tumblr is a death sentence. You will get trampled by an angry mob and your own personal safety may be at steak.

i learnt that lesson hard, i was critical of emma blackery though and had to change my url when she reblogged it and her fans went after me, hounding me to
Trigger Warning :
kill myself
she apologised to me recently though, so all bad feeling has gone.

have posted some of my phan theories on my "dan and phil" tumblr and have had people make fun of me though :lol:
Last edited by shoe on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler added to hide pottentially triggering content
eevee
emo goose

melon lord wrote: Some of the things fans have said on their social media and blogs is so cringy my skin crawls in second hand embarrassment. :facepalm: And they think it's ok because "dan likes that sense of humour".
Oh girl. Don't go to my twitter then. Save yourself. Stay here where it's safe.
LurkingTrash wrote: I'd have to disagree with this point, I feel like when it's for charity puts the whole thing in another level, I applaud Zoe -even if most of time I disagree with everything she does/says- for doing that and I'm actually very surprised and sad that the bids are that low.
also they low key had their moments of being an "entitled celebrity on a high horse" on the documentary (nothing major like that other youtuber you pointed) but like the comments about the linting Dan being someone's dream job and someone being happy for getting a shoe in the face? lol (not that it isn't actually true or that I think badly of them for these comments, but still...)
Agree with thinking that if deppy did that prices would (probably) go higher, not only it would fit more people but people would wanna buy it just because it was theirs. It's actually a good idea if they are never using that props again, it just helps the cause.
Yeah for charity is a nice sentiment, but I still feel like it's saying "this was on my body, it's worth fighting for." I just don't agree with that mentality...I mean, I understand that we would indeed fight for it, but I don't like dan and phil telling us that their article of clothing is special and worth lots of $$$ just because they owned it.

Lol Dan makes "sicko" jokes about how obsessed we are with him and Phil all the time, it didn't seem very out of character for me, except maybe the dream job comment was a little bit entitled, but it wasn't a big deal since it was a one-time thing. Coupled with calling himself a pop star as a joke, it could also be interpreted as a joke.

@dans left hand If you're comfortable, PM me about that emma blackery thing i'd like the juicy gossip, haha. If you don't want to though no hard feelings
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
melon lord
morning quiff

dans left hand wrote:
melon lord wrote:
honestly this is the safest space to be honest about D&P. Being critical on tumblr is a death sentence. You will get trampled by an angry mob and your own personal safety may be at steak.

i learnt that lesson hard, i was critical of emma blackery though and had to change my url when she reblogged it and her fans went after me, hounding me to
Trigger Warning :
kill myself
she apologised to me recently though, so all bad feeling has gone.

have posted some of my phan theories on my "dan and phil" tumblr and have had people make fun of me though :lol:
I'm sorry you went through that, nobody deserves it Especially not from the likes of her. I've got pretty thick skin because I've gone through it already but it's really scary and terrifying when it happens. Nobody knows the right way to handle it.

I'm critical of Emma here. :lol: I also frequent lolcow threads although I don't believe she's on there. She's past the point of redemption because she keeps falling back on her mistakes one time too many. She'll be 80 and still stanning Dan and hoping he'll notice her. :lol:

@eevee now you're making me curious damn you I'm not a prude or uptight arse with humour, but a lot of daddy/tmi stuff I see from young fans kind of weirds me out :?

000dia000
emo goose

melon lord wrote: maybe they have finally leapt off into homo space and they'll float away homoerotically

or platonically
Holy shit, I choked
catallena wrote: Yeah Phil was really skinny during the tour, some of his shirts were wearing him instead of the other way around. The shot where he's standing looking at Dan and the woman going through his suitcase is SCARY. Phil has always been slim (I guess he used to have a little belly but whatevz) but that was a bit... It really must've been stress or something because Phil ate more pancakes in those two months than I do in 2 years and despite putting more crap in his body than ever he just stayed like that (I'm lowkey mad tbh). I think he has been putting on some weight again though
I made a comparison under here of Phil's weight I suppose in comparison 2011 v 2016
during tour:

Regarding liveshow:
Yeah, don't blame him. I wouldn't want people spamming the chat, also isn't Dan technically "out" now anyway as basically not wanting to label himself? This is pretty old news? I can imagine he wouldn't want to address it directly though.

What will the surprise be....?
I'm hoping for a music video for The Internet is Here lol please please please im not joking but I'm going to be pessimistic and say it's another darn trailer or maybe they're touring again

i like the are that they're making gold jacket merch though, it would be funny if deppy brought out plushie dolls of themselves in an attempt to cover over the great phil liveshow slip up lol
:cactus:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

If they do end up auctioning off the jackets I hope it's more along the lines of a lottery where everyone pays a pound and then they're put in the draw rather than an actual auction, they'd make thousands if they did it lottery style but prob only a few hundred if they did it auction style because it's really hard to justify spending a lot of money on something like that even if it is for charity. To be honest I was wondering if the announcement was a London billboard maybe to link in with YT red in the U.K. If it's due to start here anytime soon?
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Slightly [offtopic][/offtopic] but regarding teoh I was checking his twitter and just noticed he follows phil but not dan, yet he follows a funny fan made (i think? but with dan you cant be certain) dan account.
This one to be exact, also none of them follow him back. Anyone know why?
Phil Lester is a genius
dans left hand

JoeAverage wrote:Slightly [offtopic][/offtopic] but regarding teoh I was checking his twitter and just noticed he follows phil but not dan, yet he follows a funny fan made (i think? but with dan you cant be certain) dan account.

teoh definitely knows too much me thinks

he was close with charlieskies so thats probably why
papierklemmen
flower crown

dans left hand wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:Slightly [offtopic][/offtopic] but regarding teoh I was checking his twitter and just noticed he follows phil but not dan, yet he follows a funny fan made (i think? but with dan you cant be certain) dan account.

i think they mostly distanced themselves from the old crowd, yeah. and judging by that tweet i linked earlier teoh is ok with making d&p shippy jokes so it's telling lol
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

This is totally random and trashy, but while working on another compilation, I found a couple of adorable gifs. My compilation is about something else, so these gifs won't be included in it, but they were so cute that I just had to share them.

(gif source: ughbeckyy)

(gif source: hauntedhowell)

They remind me of this moment from the "Can Your Pet" video

(gif source: philsnose)
busy being happy~
isabella
butt chair

dans left hand wrote:

this is probably a dumb question but how is teoh related to dan & phil? all i know of him is related to teneighty but i haven't been around for more than a couple of years so there's a lot of old phandom stuff i missed lol
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

eevee wrote:By the way, did they do gold for TATINOF Australia, or some kind of Australian jacket?
They did gold jackets lol. Tho Aus-flag themed ones are fun/weird to imagine. :lol:

I have nothing else of substance to add but i've really been enjoying all these conspiracy theories. :lol: Disappointed that i woke up early for Dan's ls to see his tweet about it being moved. I miss his face and miss my sleep. Hopefully the ls on Thursday Friday is a good one (as in, joint one ... please?).
isabella
butt chair

oqua wrote:This is totally random and trashy, but while working on another compilation, I found a couple of adorable gifs. My compilation is about something else, so these gifs won't be included in it, but they were so cute that I just had to share them.

(gif source: ughbeckyy)

(gif source: hauntedhowell)

They remind me of this moment from the "Can Your Pet" video

(gif source: philsnose)
the trash is always welcome here
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Lol I am unnerved. The 'Okay, but...' thread poster sounded a lot like Dan.

Though the post was made at 7 am London time and I can't imagine Dan would be up at that time.
eevee
emo goose

isabella wrote:this is probably a dumb question but how is teoh related to dan & phil? all i know of him is related to teneighty but i haven't been around for more than a couple of years so there's a lot of old phandom stuff i missed lol
From what I understand, they went to the same half-assed furry convention halloween party back in the day

that's all I know but I don't think they were really that close or anything.
mysterylovescompany wrote: They did gold jackets lol. Tho Aus-flag themed ones are fun/weird to imagine. :lol:
Ah thanks!
melon lord wrote:@eevee now you're making me curious damn you I'm not a prude or uptight arse with humour, but a lot of daddy/tmi stuff I see from young fans kind of weirds me out :?
Minimal daddy kink. dont know what you mean by tmi lol.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:
isabella wrote:this is probably a dumb question but how is teoh related to dan & phil? all i know of him is related to teneighty but i haven't been around for more than a couple of years so there's a lot of old phandom stuff i missed lol
From what I understand, they went to the same half-assed furry convention halloween party back in the day

that's all I know but I don't think they were really that close or anything.
I think Teoh and Dan were pretty close for a while. Oqua is the Teoh expert, maybe she'll pop out of the woodwork.
papierklemmen
flower crown

spaceguitar wrote:Lol I am unnerved. The 'Okay, but...' thread poster sounded a lot like Dan.

Though the post was made at 7 am London time and I can't imagine Dan would be up at that time.
maybe he never went to sleep! or had to be up for something important (FUN) and decided to spend some quality time here.

lol i always suspect it's dan when someone random only registers to create another thread about fans. if it's him he should really choose a better tactic, e.g. disclose your identity and tell us everything you think about us. ARE READING THIS, DAN?!

re: Teoh , he's mr tinoforever and i remember he used to talk to dan and phil on twitter or dailybooth, or both idr. there was an infamous exchange between him & dan about not liking fishy things and "exorcising hetero" out of dan (theres a screenshot somewhere)
Moony
sofa crease

spaceguitar wrote:Lol I am unnerved. The 'Okay, but...' thread poster sounded a lot like Dan.

I personally wouldn't believe it was Dan even if it was (or were?? I don't know how to english, sorry haha) posted in the evening. Only considering that Dan said that you should not discriminate against age because a lot of kids can be smarter than older people, which was thing that the poster didn't seem to agree with, makes it rather unlikely for me.

But this is a good idea for a discussion, actually.
Do you believe that lurk her sometimes? Or maybe even post? Do you think that would fit their personality? I am very interested in what everyone thinks.
(I hope you didn't discuss that already elsewhere! This is the struggle of being the new one~)

ed: I am currently reading, like, every post because I find it so interesting but don't know what to say most of the time.