Dan & Phil part 27: Let's Go Home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fkatwigs
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

Don't think this has been posted yet? (he did tweet it past midnight uk time)
For context in the newest American Horror Story episode Evan Peters
is playing a gay character for the first time and making out with some boys this episode
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

Artdefines06 wrote:While we are on the subject here are some parts I would love to see them play

Dan would make a great Elder Price from Book of Mormon - Comedy is his strong point.
im bringing this back from a couple of pages ago because ive literally been thinking about dan being in a musical for the past week honestly #GetDanInAMusical

i dont know whether it's because i've been obsessed since going to see the show 2 weeks ago, but i think he'd really suit playing j.d. from heathers?
elder price is a great shout too tbh. i just want him to embrace his theatre past and join carrie on the west end. please. a person can dream, right?

(edits to fix dodgy link lmao)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fkatwigs wrote:Don't think this has been posted yet? (he did tweet it past midnight uk time)
is playing a gay character for the first time and making out with some boys this episode
That is an interesting thing to say. ;)
papierklemmen
flower crown

SquishPhan wrote:
fkatwigs wrote:Don't think this has been posted yet? (he did tweet it past midnight uk time)
why is that interesting? he's just playing up his branded evan peters token male celebrity crush
Last edited by papierklemmen on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:

:gg:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

:gg:
DryCereal
koi pond

papierklemmen wrote:he's just playing up his branded evan peters token male celebrity crush
papierklemmen
flower crown

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:he's just playing up his branded evan peters token male celebrity crush
lol i'm all for dan expressing his sexuality openly, but at this point evan peters is his male equivalent of jlaw
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

papierklemmen wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
lol i'm all for dan expressing his sexuality openly, but at this point evan peters is his male equivalent of jlaw
i agree, this evan peters stuff is getting boring now tbh can we hear about someone else now please?
DryCereal
koi pond

frkin-zazzed wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
i agree, this evan peters stuff is getting boring now tbh can we hear about someone else now please?
What, he needs to find a new crush for your benefit? :facepalm: Attraction thread, off you both pop.
tymyky
glabella

frkin-zazzed wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
OK, maybe it is boring or on brand but imo Dan's attraction to him is genuine from the start, so why not mention it? Maybe he will start expressing his lust for Thom Yorke more, so you could be happier with this new off-brand Dan.
Philena
blobfish

Um, those Evan Peters scenes were hot! I can see why Dan would thank Ryan Murphy.
papierklemmen
flower crown

i genuinely love everyone in this thread, but sometimes i don't understand if we're allowed to have neutral opinions here i've seen all of the attraction thread and i'm sure his crush is real, i just don't find that the evan peters mention THAT " " worthy.

but hey, i haven't seen ahs in ages and if evan's getting it on with a guy i am so going to check it out
Philena
blobfish

papierklemmen wrote:i genuinely love everyone in this thread, but sometimes i don't understand if we're allowed to have neutral opinions here i've seen all of the attraction thread and i'm sure his crush is real, i just don't find that the evan peters mention THAT " " worthy.

but hey, i haven't seen ahs in ages and if evan's getting it on with a guy i am so going to check it out
Nah, every forum needs its resident cynics! :platonic:
starlight-still
truth bomb

Had a bit of catch-up to do so going to keep my post short and snappy and under a cut:

What I've learned this week:
- Our resident musician faction is alive and kickin Dezza, your post especially got me thinking about the work that deppy put into their singing and how they've had to strategize to make the song work for the qualities of their voices and current skill level, which made me appreciate it all the more.
- Phil would make a wonderful Don Quixote, ArtDefines06 Just imagining him singing "The Impossible Dream" brings a tear to my eye...
- Speaking of dreams: pizza + onesie + good telly + boo = the dream
- Dan *may* start playing piano again...maybe? Perhaps the song release has got him thinking. I wonder if, deep down, he's even more passionate about music than making videos...and this is what it took to get him moving back in that direction.
- Phil *may* have removed his fringe (???) That lobster gif was cutting the whole thing off, no? I guess we'll see tomorrow :wink:
- EuroTATINOF is most likely happening! (or :itsokay: for those who hate the droughts)
- Deppy watches Westworld! I wonder if they'll say more about it (especially Phil)
- Socks can end up in strange places :? But really, it could be as innocent as it getting caught in a sheet from the dryer and falling out randomly without him noticing...but why would he go out of his way to pull it out on camera?
- And finally...Dan *may* low key be daring us to say something to his face about #busgate. Did anyone get that feeling from the way he kept saying "Is there anything y'all want to talk about from the show or doc? Anything at all? That you want to ask?" He seemed mildly annoyed when he was saying that, like he was thinking "come on, guys. I have eyes. I can read. I know what you've been saying." At the same time, they've had more than enough chances to say something if it was actually fake. Which makes me think that (at the very least he wants us to think that) everything is as they told us.
human
dan hand trash

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
frkin-zazzed wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
What, he needs to find a new crush for your benefit? :facepalm: Attraction thread, off you both pop.
Yeah, I don't get that either. It would be nice if Dan's tentative yet growing in confidence attempts to express himself weren't meant with skeptism like this. Let the poor boy have a crush on a lad for christs sake lol.

I'm excited to watch the episode, been wanting for Evan to make it vaguely interesting lol.
melon lord
morning quiff

I'm gonna be real with you, until Dan started stanning Evan I thought he was a member of 1D :lol: Shows you how on trend I am :? I've even seen the new X-Men movies and still didn't make the connection woops :oops:

That being said I'm gonna check out that new episode and see why Dan is thanking the man

for uh, science of course!

eevee
emo goose

Anything exciting going to happen today? Or is it a countdown to the SUTC stream and spooky week now? (they spoiled us and I got so used to it)
human wrote:Yeah, I don't get that either. It would be nice if Dan's tentative yet growing in confidence attempts to express himself weren't meant with skeptism like this. Let the poor boy have a crush on a lad for christs sake lol.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DryCereal
koi pond

eevee wrote:Anything exciting going to happen today? Or is it a countdown to the SUTC stream and spooky week now? (they spoiled us and I got so used to it)
Still waiting for a food-related tweet from Philly. ;)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh that is pretty interesting. And in true Dan fashion also vague enough to not really be anything.
papierklemmen wrote:i genuinely love everyone in this thread, but sometimes i don't understand if we're allowed to have neutral opinions here i've seen all of the attraction thread and i'm sure his crush is real, i just don't find that the evan peters mention THAT " " worthy.

I'm plenty critical of D&P and their work on a regular basis, often against the popular opinion of the forum sometimes resulting in a heated discussion. Never have a I felt as a less valued member of IDB. If you're gonna have an opinion people will respond, no one was rude to you and there's really no need to be all like 'woe is me i'm not allowed to express my opinions' :roll:

Keep doing your thing yo. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

starlight-still wrote:Had a bit of catch-up to do so going to keep my post short and snappy and under a cut:

What I've learned this week:
- And finally...Dan *may* low key be daring us to say something to his face about #busgate. Did anyone get that feeling from the way he kept saying "Is there anything y'all want to talk about from the show or doc? Anything at all? That you want to ask?" He seemed mildly annoyed when he was saying that, like he was thinking "come on, guys. I have eyes. I can read. I know what you've been saying." At the same time, they've had more than enough chances to say something if it was actually fake. Which makes me think that (at the very least he wants us to think that) everything is as they told us

Sorry, I had to take this out of the spoiler and bring it into the light because the whole ls I was thinking the same thing, and it was really confusing me. I thought about it long and hard *snicker* and here are my thoughts:

1. They put a lot of work into all aspects of the show, and because they limited time on the documentary he didnt get to talk about anything technical or interesting to theater nerds. Lets face it, that Documentary was about them being touring celebrities, and nothing and no one else mattered. I blame Youtube's producers for that. While DnP may know what they want a lot of the time, when they dont they are very open to suggestion and still believe people when they say "don't worry, this will work" (like the stupid gamers documentary that was just shots of him staring and walking urg)
I think if he was watching his own show as an outsider he would have a lot of questions, like how did the screens work, where did the stuff go, did the lights travel with them as well, were there ever mistakes, how did the sound clips sync up so well etc. Unfortunately for him, people in theater already know all of that, and people outside of it don't give it a second thought. That's the magic :)

2. He said no more surprises. I'm pretty sure saying phan is real or that busgate is true or something would constitute a surprise lol.

PS Does anyone wonder at the lack of mentions about main channel content?? Maybe they are waiting for all their pre scheduled appearances where they have to be dinof and ap to be over before the rebrand?

PPS I think Dan is just glad Even Peters is back because the show is boring without him.
DryCereal
koi pond

Artdefines06 wrote:PS Does anyone wonder at the lack of mentions about main channel content?? Maybe they are waiting for all their pre scheduled appearances where they have to be dinof and ap to be over before the rebrand?
Nah... I think they just want to leave TATINOF and the doc up as the featured/most recent thing for a while longer. It's only been 8 days...
fringechecks
banned
Pronouns: xer/xem

This is really random but does anyone know what this is about? I got some asks on tumblr about it but I've been inactive.. Image
used to go by the dreaded username 'wolfgutscharlie'
papierklemmen
flower crown

wolfgutscharlie wrote:This is really random but does anyone know what this is about? I got some asks on tumblr about it but I've been inactive.. Image
what?... i think if twitter & instagram were going "ham" over something we would be the first to know. or more like everyone would know by now, but i don't see anything.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

papierklemmen wrote:
wolfgutscharlie wrote:This is really random but does anyone know what this is about? I got some asks on tumblr about it but I've been inactive.. Image
what?... i think if twitter & instagram were going "ham" over something we would be the first to know. or more like everyone would know by now, but i don't see anything.
If I remember right, This wasn't at TATINOF, but at a book signing for TABINOF in NYC last November and it was with a fans parent. Basically what happened was some dad was screaming at dan and Phil and their manager when they were leaving because his daughters didn't get their book signed (even though it was a first come deal if I remember right) and dan stopped and was trying to talk calmly to the guy saying they would sign their books or something?? The video of it is still somewhere on YouTube or Twitter.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr