Dan & Phil part 27: Let's Go Home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

karma_yeah wrote:Wait! Maybe it isn't Dan and this is Phil's way of introducing us to his secret S.O.
Headcanon: Dan threw the doge shirt away when he was cleaning out his closet a couple months ago. Phil, his platonic flatmate who has spent seven years pining in unrequited love, went down to the charity shop and bought it. Phil acquires a boyfriend. He is a good boyfriend.

When Phil gives Boyfriend a new shirt, he is pleased with Phil's thoughtfulness. When Phil insists he wear it right then, he is confused but agrees. When Phil insists on having sex on the couch, right on the spot the sofa is most creased, Boyfriend begins to grow suspicious but the sex is so good he doesn't complain.

After Boyfriend has left, Phil uploads the picture to twitter and tags Dan in hopes that maybe it will bring some latent jealousy to the surface. Dan only laughs, and says what a coincidence that Phil's new boyfriend has the same shirt he did.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

starlight-still wrote:
What I've learned this week:

- And finally...Dan *may* low key be daring us to say something to his face about #busgate. Did anyone get that feeling from the way he kept saying "Is there anything y'all want to talk about from the show or doc? Anything at all? That you want to ask?" He seemed mildly annoyed when he was saying that, like he was thinking "come on, guys. I have eyes. I can read. I know what you've been saying." At the same time, they've had more than enough chances to say something if it was actually fake. Which makes me think that (at the very least he wants us to think that) everything is as they told us.
Wait lol I just finished the live show and I want to bring this back. The way Dan ended the live show made me incredibly suspicious. He said smthng like 'I know a lot of you will have a lot of questions about TATINOF like... why did you do this... or about the documentary... maybe you put things together and you want to know 'did you want us to take this that way?'. Feel free to ask me questions in the coming week'
Maybe I have busgate glasses, but I feel like he's talking about busgate or relationshippy stuff?!
Winston
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:Wait! Maybe it isn't Dan and this is Phil's way of introducing us to his secret S.O.
Headcanon: Dan threw the doge shirt away when he was cleaning out his closet a couple months ago. Phil, his platonic flatmate who has spent seven years pining in unrequited love, went down to the charity shop and bought it. Phil acquires a boyfriend. He is a good boyfriend.

When Phil gives Boyfriend a new shirt, he is pleased with Phil's thoughtfulness. When Phil insists he wear it right then, he is confused but agrees. When Phil insists on having sex on the couch, right on the spot the sofa is most creased, Boyfriend begins to grow suspicious but the sex is so good he doesn't complain.

After Boyfriend has left, Phil uploads the picture to twitter and tags Dan in hopes that maybe it will bring some latent jealousy to the surface. Dan only laughs, and says what a coincidence that Phil's new boyfriend has the same shirt he did.
Best phanfic ever! A+
actions speak louder than words
cold-tea
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote:Headcanon: Dan threw the doge shirt away when he was cleaning out his closet a couple months ago. Phil, his platonic flatmate who has spent seven years pining in unrequited love, went down to the charity shop and bought it. Phil acquires a boyfriend. He is a good boyfriend.

The angst!!

The moment Phil leaves to go to his Boyfriend, Dan locks himself in his room, drops to the floor and cries, wondering why he's not good enough for phil. Unrequited love is not so unrequited after all!

Phil returns late to find Dan asleep on his sofa crease. Filled with guilt over using his Boyfriend, Phil confesses to Dan all of his bottled up feelings.

He's surprised when Dan sits up. Phil's just about to leave, afraid he has ruined everything when Dan suddenly grabs his arm, pulls him down, and says that he too, feels the same.

They make love, move to a house with a koi pond and adopt a dog.
(The Boyfriend, in a fit of rage, thinks of releasing his sextape with Phil. This changes when he meets someone who makes him reconsider his actions. They fall in love and in the end, everyone is happy.)
bear
hobbit hair

Quick question, what time is the liveshow? I looked online and it said 2pm in which I was guessing uk time, but it said 20 more hours until it starts, which for me (eastern time) is 3pm. Thanks!
karma_yeah
philussy

cold-tea wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:Headcanon: Dan threw the doge shirt away when he was cleaning out his closet a couple months ago. Phil, his platonic flatmate who has spent seven years pining in unrequited love, went down to the charity shop and bought it. Phil acquires a boyfriend. He is a good boyfriend.

The angst!!

The moment Phil leaves to go to his Boyfriend, Dan locks himself in his room, drops to the floor and cries, wondering why he's not good enough for phil. Unrequited love is not so unrequited after all!

Phil returns late to find Dan asleep on his sofa crease. Filled with guilt over using his Boyfriend, Phil confesses to Dan all of his bottled up feelings.

He's surprised when Dan sits up. Phil's just about to leave, afraid he has ruined everything when Dan suddenly grabs his arm, pulls him down, and says that he too, feels the same.

(The Boyfriend, in a fit of rage, thinks of releasing his sextape with Phil. This changes when he meets someone who makes him reconsider his actions. They fall in love and in the end, everyone is happy.)
I'm a sucker for happy endings!
What goes around, comes around Image
JoeAverage
sad dimple

cold-tea wrote:

The angst!!

the greatest
Phil Lester is a genius
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Whenever I'm alone...
Or if I'm feeling grey...
There's one thing I can do...

Vote on a new thread name!
phamnotof
morning quiff

1) a new thread being made, an ideal time for me to unload in the old one after finally (mostly) having the energy and time to catch up

2) (sorry for all over place & not responding to people, #lazy)

3) re: Evan-P mention - thought this one was a bit more significant than your usual one, as that came likely right after having actually watched the episode (R-Murphy's tweet is from the 12th, Dan's response is from the 14th, likely right after having seen it in what was likely traditional pizza & AHS evening, this time right post-ls. We even caught a glimpse of the pizza, kinda.)

mild AHS spoiler as far as why
Evan's character's gay in this one, gets several make out and one sex scene with another dude, so flat out thanking for that is a bit next level
4) I think, hope even, he might have tweeted it after sensing he went overboard with the no homo during the ls. It took me back to a bizzare 2012 where Dan might not shut up about Phil, but also claims to have no idea about homoerotic TV shows & basically distances himself from queer subtext as much as possible.

It was weird. It was uncomfortable. It made me taste something bitter, kinda like the documentary, that is a bunch of lovely wrapped around a few gut-punches & you kind of don't know where to stand.

5) If I want to be the kindest I can, I'll say they're keeping up the charade, still, because they're still (lord, save us) trying to make TATINOF Europe happen, and while that chapter isn't closed, they feel it's necessary to keep that wall up as well as possibly erase some of the stuff they've let slip when they thought the movies'd be the final number. I guess I get not wanting to have a very strong, if ambigous, yes hanging aroung when I'm meeting fans IRL, but man is it annoying.

6) If I want to be less kind, Dan's just - a mess. Where Phil seems to have found his footing, Dan still doesn't know how to share what he wants to share, possibly due to wanting to actually come out while using specifics but being held back by knowing he'd drag a comfortable Phil right out with him. It's not fun to watch. I feel like he's stuck and I feel stuck right alongside him.

7) It makes sense for Dan to leave a Slytherin & Gryffindor sock at PJ's as Pottermore gave him a Slytherin/Gryffindor choice, and he's talked about being a hybrid of the two. Hufflepuff? Nah. That was Phil's, if they care at all about house pride.

8) Overall, I'm just - really ready for 2017 & hope it provides them footing to dare to risk and try, well, new things. Like being themselves without, at least, flat-out lying.
blueapple_x
flower crown

phamnotof wrote:4) I think, hope even, he might have tweeted it after sensing he went overboard with the no homo during the ls. It took me back to a bizzare 2012 where Dan might not shut up about Phil, but also claims to have no idea about homoerotic TV shows & basically distances himself from queer subtext as much as possible.

It was weird. It was uncomfortable. It made me taste something bitter, kinda like the documentary, that is a bunch of lovely wrapped around a few gut-punches & you kind of don't know where to stand.
I personally didn't take what Dan said as having no idea about homoerotic TV shows. In the liveshow he said: "apparently a woman that produces [the anime] or draws it is known for doing things that are a bit homoerotic...idk anything about that, but I also heard from people..."

To me, it just sounded like he was relaying info that he had heard and the piece of info he decided to share just happened to be that the person was known for doing homoerotic things. I think the "idk anything about that" was about him not knowing whether that factoid was true or not.
DryCereal
koi pond

Ready? :D

Bonus: I spy a :D
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
000dia000
emo goose

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Bonus: I spy a :D
:cactus:
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

They'll only be on the livestream in a couple of hours. won't be home anymore then, but at least I can stop watching now.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

blueapple_x wrote:
I personally didn't take what Dan said as having no idea about homoerotic TV shows. In the liveshow he said: "apparently a woman that produces [the anime] or draws it is known for doing things that are a bit homoerotic...idk anything about that, but I also heard from people..."

To me, it just sounded like he was relaying info that he had heard and the piece of info he decided to share just happened to be that the person was known for doing homoerotic things. I think the "idk anything about that" was about him not knowing whether that factoid was true or not.
Thank you for saying so well what I wanted to. I didn't understand the hub-bub over this because he clearly was just referencing not knowing where she was or not.

fleur-de-lis wrote:
They'll only be on the livestream in a couple of hours. won't be home anymore then, but at least I can stop watching now.
I thoroughly appreciate this whole tweet exchange and Dan's clarifying. SU2C teases us with D&P and says to "tune in now" and he replies to a rando truthfully.

Look, I'm all for donating and doing your part, but so far this stream has been a mild mess, so the honesty is a blessing. (Now, I can go have breakfast and get back in time for D&P to actually be on.)
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

[offtopic][/offtopic]

was looking through my meet and greet photos with deppy again and i know how much everyone loves when dan actually naturally smiles so i thought i'd post it here:

why cant he smile like that all the time instead of dogeing :lol:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fleur-de-lis wrote:They'll only be on the livestream in a couple of hours. won't be home anymore then, but at least I can stop watching now.
Thanks Dan for telling us this, it is much appreciated.
dans left hand wrote:[offtopic][/offtopic]was looking through my meet and greet photos with deppy again and i know how much everyone loves when dan actually naturally smiles so i thought i'd post it here:

why cant he smile like that all the time instead of dogeing :lol:
Very cute.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

fleur-de-lis wrote:They'll only be on the livestream in a couple of hours. won't be home anymore then, but at least I can stop watching now.
Thanks, now I don't have to keep listening to the livestream. I kind of expected them to appear when I won't be able to watch and I was right I hope someone uploads the part with Deppy because I don't care about anyone else tbh. I don't even know the majority of them. And I know it's a good cause and appreciate it, but it's really not interesting to watch.
pulvis et umbra sumus
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Dan just retweeted this so they're up soon! Also, hi! Sorry for dropping off the face of the internet since the show and doc dropped, I got a bit behind and then it just snowballed to being over a full thread behind :lol:

Edit: Ahh matching silk jackets
Last edited by bluebox-away on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
mio
#relatable

#smashthosegenderroles
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
yupitsme
sofa crease

Did Dan just.. say.. The Netherlands.. is a Scandinavian country

Maybe hopefullyI'm just deaf
bee
phabergé

yupitsme wrote:Did Dan just.. say.. The Netherlands.. is a Scandinavian country

He did. :lol: Shoutout to my fellow Scandinavians
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Didn't Dan read Geography? Flop! :facepalm:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Does anyone know if that was all their appearance or are they still gonna randomly appear on the liveshow? :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

bee wrote:

Once again Dan proves one doesn't need geography skills to succeed in life :facepalm: Phil did well in the little car, shame Dan didn't do it too since both Niki and Sammy did. Lovely to see them, geographical fails aside they were pretty good. I'm also not that into the rest of it, I find a lot of the banter inane and irritating. I love Niki and Sammy and it'd be nice to see Gary C and Petesjams do something, they've been lurking in the crowd.
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Does anyone know if that was all their appearance or are they still gonna randomly appear on the liveshow? :?
I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing that's it unless they're at the end for a final wave from the crowd or something.

Edit - I was wrong, wow, they were on again in the Donation Station train carriage. Stay tuned, I guess, they might pop up again.

I love that photo of his squishy smile, funny how rare it is to see him smile like that.

The SU2C poster's really cute too.
Last edited by flarequake on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bee wrote:

I'm going to have to unstan right now as a Dutch person.

Loved Phil in the child's car, he did better than expected. :D