Dan & Phil part 27: Let's Go Home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
human
dan hand trash

ImageImage

Please continue here!

Gif credit to maqee
eevee
emo goose

This is sappy but it's really cute that they call their apartment home, it makes them seem like a family
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bluewho
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

Typed this out but the last thread was locked so I'm posting here:
eevee wrote:I love it when we get some nice quality entertainment from other youtubers regarding dan and phil. Idk about you guys but I'm 100% positive that he tweeted that with dan and phil in mind thinking it would be a harmless joke and some phannies got offended and instead of apologizing or saying it was a joke he decided to call his audience/phandom members/both "fuckwits" I'm dead I love when this stuff happens. Usually we get stuff like this from emma blackery so getting it from someone else is a real treat.
I don't think the people commenting 'same @danisnotonfire @AmazingPhil' and 'so you ship phan amirite' and other similar things meant any harm, in fact I think they were probably joking. I think it's a bit of an over reaction to call them 'fuckwits', especially seeing as these people are probably tomska's fans as well as Dan & Phil's, and especially seeing as most of the commenters seemed to be running Dan & Phil related twitter accounts - so most of their followers want to see Dan and Phil stuff so when they are using that account they are going to be looking for things as being about Dan and Phil

But I am sympathetic to TomSka as he probably felt the need to strongly clarify that he wasn't talking about Dan and Phil, and was annoyed that his pun had been twisted into something he didn't mean it to be, and twisted into a thing which may bother his friends/colleagues or damage his relationship with them. But yeah, I think he could have been a bit more diplomatic about it, also I don't think the Dan and Phil jokes were anything to really get upset or bothered about. I don't think Dan and Phil would have really been bothered by reading those kind of jokes since they see a lot worse on a daily basis.

The tweet probably wasn't about Dan and Phil, but I did laugh when I read the 'same' reply from a deppy fan, so I just don't think it's really anything to get your knickers in a bunch over and start swearing at people who are just pissing around really.

please don't hate me tom if you're lurking i stan you really
eevee
emo goose

bluewho wrote:I don't think the people commenting 'same @danisnotonfire @AmazingPhil' and 'so you ship phan amirite' and other similar things meant any harm, in fact I think they were probably joking.
Oh lol I just assumed that people were offended and thats why he felt so strongly about it, but if everyone was just dicking around and having fun then he really over reacted.
bluewho wrote:The tweet probably wasn't about Dan and Phil
What was it about then? I'm not in the loop when it comes to Tomska so it could be about something I don't know about. But if there's nothing else going on then I'm going to continue to assume that it was about dan and phil. I read it as him saying that the audience wants them to get married, audience satisfaction is key, and getting married will optimize it. Then a little comment like "this is really bothering me that you guys arent married yet" lol. Maybe I'm majorly missing something...but to me the relation to dan and phil is clear as ...i just tried to write "clear as day" and typed "clear as gay" that's the best typo I've ever done in my whole life.

Anyway whether it was a joke about dan and phil or completely unrelated, he really should've put more than 10 seconds of thought into it :lol:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

eevee wrote:
bluewho wrote:The tweet probably wasn't about Dan and Phil
What was it about then? I'm not in the loop when it comes to Tomska so it could be about something I don't know about. But if there's nothing else going on then I'm going to continue to assume that it was about dan and phil. I read it as him saying that the audience wants them to get married, audience satisfaction is key, and getting married will optimize it. Then a little comment like "this is really bothering me that you guys arent married yet" lol. Maybe I'm majorly missing something...but to me the relation to dan and phil is clear as ...i just tried to write "clear as day" and typed "clear as gay" that's the best typo I've ever done in my whole life.

Anyway whether it was a joke about dan and phil or completely unrelated, he really should've put more than 10 seconds of thought into it :lol:
I really don't think it was about Dan and Phil, it was a joke, like he said, a play at words, I got it when I first saw the tweet (before he posted the one clarifying what he meant) so Dan and Phil didn't even cross my mind.
He says: Can y'all hurry up and get married to one another? Audience engagement is the key to success on YouTube. Stop ruining this for me.
Audience engagement is the key to success on YouTube. > Known fact that youtubers must engage with their audience to grow in numbers/have a loyal audience
Can y'all hurry up and get married to one another? > Can the members of his audience get engaged? (Play with words about different meanings of the word 'engagement')
Last edited by LurkingTrash on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

bluewho wrote:Typed this out but the last thread was locked so I'm posting here:
eevee wrote:I love it when we get some nice quality entertainment from other youtubers regarding dan and phil. Idk about you guys but I'm 100% positive that he tweeted that with dan and phil in mind thinking it would be a harmless joke and some phannies got offended and instead of apologizing or saying it was a joke he decided to call his audience/phandom members/both "fuckwits" I'm dead I love when this stuff happens. Usually we get stuff like this from emma blackery so getting it from someone else is a real treat.
I don't think the people commenting 'same @danisnotonfire @AmazingPhil' and 'so you ship phan amirite' and other similar things meant any harm, in fact I think they were probably joking. I think it's a bit of an over reaction to call them 'fuckwits', especially seeing as these people are probably tomska's fans as well as Dan & Phil's, and especially seeing as most of the commenters seemed to be running Dan & Phil related twitter accounts - so most of their followers want to see Dan and Phil stuff so when they are using that account they are going to be looking for things as being about Dan and Phil

But I am sympathetic to TomSka as he probably felt the need to strongly clarify that he wasn't talking about Dan and Phil, and was annoyed that his pun had been twisted into something he didn't mean it to be, and twisted into a thing which may bother his friends/colleagues or damage his relationship with them. But yeah, I think he could have been a bit more diplomatic about it, also I don't think the Dan and Phil jokes were anything to really get upset or bothered about. I don't think Dan and Phil would have really been bothered by reading those kind of jokes since they see a lot worse on a daily basis.

The tweet probably wasn't about Dan and Phil, but I did laugh when I read the 'same' reply from a deppy fan, so I just don't think it's really anything to get your knickers in a bunch over and start swearing at people who are just pissing around really.

please don't hate me tom if you're lurking i stan you really
Like Dan, TomSka also calls his followers fuckwits affectionately. If you look at the replies to the swearing post, its everyone laughing it off and saying "sorry not sorry lol". Its all done with much love on both sides.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Can't wait for the onslaught of #busgate #bedgate tweets...
mio
#relatable

Last shameless spon:

Groupwatch in an hour!!!! (9pm UK time)
Come and join us! (and bring snacks)

Here is the chatroom!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
papierklemmen
flower crown

lol it could really be anything, i don't get why some deppy fans think that literally everything their friends say is linked to d&p. i doubt they're thinking about them day and night like we do.

however, he shouldn't have replied 'cause it's not like saying "same" means that everyone interpreted it as speaking about them, more like "i saw your tweet and i thought the same about these two".

honestly tho, maybe i'm just old (even tho i'm dan's age...), but i don't understand people (children? teenagers?) bombarding their favs & their friends with shipping stuff. do they think it'll make it real? dan and phil will see the tweets 'you're totally married, you should fuck, ooh dan you're a bottom" and it's gonna turn into reality? :sideeye: /sorry for the rant just eegh.

and i'm CRYING at those "best friends" condoms now i know what i'm buying my friends for christmas!
Last edited by papierklemmen on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I love having an excuse to rewatch it but

I don't use twitter that much and I really expected a joint ls!
pulvis et umbra sumus
realeyesrealize
living flop

Phantasy wrote: Can't wait for the onslaught of #busgate #bedgate tweets...
I was really looking forward to a joint liveshow but I guess this will get the movies more views and is still a great way of interacting with the audience. Might even watch along since I haven't watched them yet
papierklemmen
flower crown

Phantasy wrote: Can't wait for the onslaught of #busgate #bedgate tweets...

holy CRAP. does that mean we're gonna get more stanislavsky acting from them about the #busgate? oh my god, KILL IT WITH FIRE, make it stop please! :facepalm: as you can see i'm not optimistic

edit: oh wait, it's not even a ls. lol fuck it then.
human
dan hand trash

Yeah, disappointed. I definitely don't have time tomorrow evening to sit on twitter for almost 3 hours just to read their tweets. I was looking forward to a joint ls too :-?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

nephilimcat wrote:

I'm sad about this, really wanted a joint live show.
papierklemmen
flower crown

they should have just filmed a 3 hour react video and upload it to youtube. :gg:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I dont understand how the twitter watching thing will even work...Sounds like it will just clog up my feed. Do not like. very sad. Wanted a joint ls :(

in other ls news Oct 11th is National Coming out day in America. If dan is smart he will get sick and not do a ls that day. I would imagine its going to be a tense one if he does.
papierklemmen
flower crown

considering the #busgate practically started with their tweets, i expect a sequal #busgate 2: into trolling. what else are they gonna come up with this time? after all, it's easy to lie when you can't see their faces!
DryCereal
koi pond

Can you imagine the craptastic amount of lag we'd all experience trying to stream TATINOF on YT AND have Y**N*w censored cos fuck that site running at the same time?!

Broadband has it's limits people...!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
eevee
emo goose

re: twitter viewing party

I :) am :) not :) a :) happy :) camper

I wanted a joint liveshow but instead I'm gonna get hours of 140-character explanations for scenes that are probably just gonna be "those llama legs were so warm" "wow I'm sweaty" "do you guys like the american jackets or the gold jackets better?" "it was so convenient to have someone ready with a torch for me backstage *emoji*"

If they have the audacity to tweet anything about bus/bedgate they will just open the floodgates to 10 more pages of discussion and debate about it, so I'm hoping and praying they leave it alone unless they say something to make it better. Which I doubt. Idk something confirming they actually did both sleep in the bed but I can't see that happening tbh so I'm just hoping they ignore that part :?
LurkingTrash wrote:(Play with words about different meanings of the word 'engagement')
oh my GOD lol I get it now, like engagement....audience engagement....getting married...oh my god I get it I'm laughing so hard because it was such unfortunate timing, right in the heart of the tatinof frenzy, this is so funny because now that you've explained that, I see how he probably had no idea it could be matched to dan and phil so perfectly, unfortunately for him though it really seems like a subtweet. Oops.

Now I'm imagining Tomska texting dan and or phil being like "hey guys FYI but I accidentally said that you guys should get married on my twitter, i had no idea what i was saying i thought it was a pun, ummm i tried to do some damage control but I think i just brought more attention to it, so uh, yeah sorry i'll buy you lunch sometime."
papierklemmen wrote:ooh dan you're a bottom" and it's gonna turn into reality? :sideeye: /sorry for the rant just eegh.
Are you saying Dan's not already a bottom?? ;)
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I would have preferred a liveshow q&a but this is the best way to go business wise. They'll get more people watching and watching the thing and younow at the same time is not even a choice.

Wished they would have done it today so we could still get a phiru ls tho.
danphil333
hobbit hair

nephilimcat wrote:

this is the kind of thing that will make me unsubscribe (if i was subscribed to dan)
why cant they be like superwoman who did a live youtube viewing party.? or a joint one hour long younow at least. ughhh
disappointing

ohhhhh the films... yes...my only comment is:
I LOVE PHIL LESTER FML
i absolutely loved the documentary and i liked the show more than i would like to admit. i cant even describe how impressed i was with phil in both of them. i will need a month to recover. yes some parts were boring or unnecessary scripted and other parts were a bit cringey but in general i just feel love and appreciation for both of them :sobs: :sobs:
Winston
flower crown

Damn, I really wanted a joint live show! All my dreams are dead. :wahh: I'll probably watch along...maybe. Not the same though. This way they can really hide their emotions and reactions to questions. I think this is a way of self protection, and that's fine. Just disappointing.
actions speak louder than words
nephilimcat
woodland creature

papierklemmen wrote:considering the #busgate practically started with their tweets, i expect a sequal #busgate 2: into trolling. what else are they gonna come up with this time? after all, it's easy to lie when you can't see their faces!
I'm not even expecting them to haru it this time. I can already see Dan them tweeting something stupid Leave it, guys, just leave it. I get why they're doing it this way, but ugh, I don't want #busgate to start all over again :roll:
pulvis et umbra sumus
papierklemmen
flower crown

eevee wrote:Are you saying Dan's not already a bottom?? ;)
i'm saying that it's ok to have headcanons and i everyone is welcome to discuss it with fellow friends and shippers, but i think it's uncomfortable when fans go out of their way to make sure deppy see comments about their presumed sexual life. if dan is lurking here it's his own fault though , same if he searches his name on ao3 and expects to see anything but hat fic or whatever

and yeah, i don't really understand why people think he would be a bottom... is it because of his looks? because of voldy? idk... none of the gay couples i know even have anal sex AT ALL (yeah, that conversation only comes up during drunk parties though :lol: )
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

danphil333 wrote:
nephilimcat wrote:

this is the kind of thing that will make me unsubscribe (if i was subscribed to dan)
why cant they be like superwoman who did a live youtube viewing party.? or a joint one hour long younow at least. ughhh
disappointing

ohhhhh the films... yes...my only comment is:
I LOVE PHIL LESTER FML
i absolutely loved the documentary and i liked the show more than i would like to admit. i cant even describe how impressed i was with phil in both of them. i will need a month to recover. yes some parts were boring or unnecessary scripted and other parts were a bit cringey but in general i just feel love and appreciation for both of them :sobs: :sobs:
mmm since it is ytr content perhaps youtube wouldn't let them do a livestream on younow and they might have an exclusive ls contract with younow so no livestreaming on youtube either