Okay, but...

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hehehehe
not a first-time poster

I found these forums through some friends of mine. These friends of mine think that the phan shippers, or phannies as they call them, here are especially, (how to put this in the nicest way possible) imaginative(?). Not the word they would use, but I'm not trying to be rude. I have seen a few screen shots from some posts on here, and some of you are rather demanding and/or completely oblivious to reality. I don't know how old any of you are, but if you're an adult and act in this manner, you need to grow the hell up. If not, you might want to take yourselves down a couple of notches as to not embarrass yourselves. If you are one of those people who either did or threatened to unsubscribe from D&P because their life do not fall into your narrative, no one needed you to be a fan anyway.

Thank you for reading.

(P.s. I will probably be banned for being "hateful" or "trolling," but I'm not harassing anyone and last time I checked having an opinion doesn't constitute as trolling.)
papierklemmen
flower crown

I don't think there was a need to create a new thread for that, you could have used the main one. Is that you, Dan?
jesp
why bother

Moderating
hehehehe wrote:[...]I'm not trying to be rude.
You could have fooled me.
hehehehe wrote:(P.s. I will probably be banned for being "hateful" or "trolling," but I'm not harassing anyone and last time I checked having an opinion doesn't constitute as trolling.)
You're sharing an opinion about this forum that you based on a few screenshots and what I can only assume to be completely unbiased information from your friends, in a way that seems condescending and antagonistic. No, you're not going to be banned for your post, but you're not going to make any friends here with it either.

That said, all civilly stated opinions about Dan and Phil are welcome here, and we absolutely welcome you to join in, if you want to. Just tone down the attitude first, and spend a little time actually reading the forum for yourself.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I really don't get why people feel the need to judge other people for what they do with their spare time.

Firstly, I really find it weird that people who do not like the conversation that we have here feel the need to "correct" us and come here acting all high and mighty for what? being non-shippers? Is there some rule somewhere that shippers are inferior beings or something like that? Because the condescending attitude is just irksome when this place is supposed to be for fun and lively discussions. At the end of the day, no one really knows what's going on in Deppy's life and what we engage in here are respectful discussions about what we THINK and PERSONALLY BELIEVE in. We do not take what we say as facts nor do we insist or shove it down through other people's thoughts. We are not the shippers who tag Dan and Phil or are shoving the ship in their face. We just discuss things in our little corner in the internet. We don't all have the same perceptions or outlook, and a lot here are actually phan-agnostic or don't believe that Deppy are in a relationship, which you and your friends would know if you do take the time to read what is posted here. The bottomline is, despite our differences in outlook, we try to RESPECT and not look down on other people's opinions. I hope you learn the same thing.

Secondly, yes a lot of us are adults. If you reach a certain maturity, you will realize that "adulthood" or "growing the hell up" to use your term is just a societal construct. Being an adult at it's core is taking responsibility for your choices in life. It's all there is to adulthood. There's no rule or guide or standard on how to act as an adult. Also, adults can still have interests which they can pursue. This makes me think that you're actually not an adult because really, this warped perception of adulthood seems like it comes from someone who's not at that stage in life. Also, maturity, or the lack thereof, isn't dictated by AGE. It comes from experiences, perceptions, and life lessons learned along the way.

Thirdly, although I won't ever unsubscribe from Deppy if they're not together, other people who do feel that way want to do it because they might associate negative emotions from Deppy. As you so eloquently put it, "no one needed [them] to be a fan anyway." At the end of the day, it's people's personal choice to unsubscribe or not, the same way it's a choice to like them or not. No one's opinion is better than any other's. And just because you continued to be subscribed to them does not make you a better person. To be honest, we watch Dan and Phil for entertainment purposes, and if you're not entertained anymore because something leaves a distasteful taste with you, why insist on continuing with something that makes you unhappy?

I don't know if you'll be banned but actually OPINIONS ARE INDEED WELCOME HERE. But as I stated earlier, it's better to phrase it in a way that won't look down on other's opinions or coming off as feeling superior to others. Because at the end of the day, who's to say who's right or not? As long as we're all being respectful to Dan and Phil, we're all at the same level anyway. We're just their fans. What I think constitutes as trolling is when one refuses to engage in a polite discussion or when people try to insult others for their opinion. A lot of the conversations here are actually done in a tongue-in-cheek manner. It's up to you whether to take it seriously or not.

You're indeed welcome to talk here and express your opinion, but please don't do it in a "superior manner", or look down at other people for their opinions. For all you know, you're talking to a CEO of some company or a summa cum laude or someone who has achieved great things.

Have a good life!
Last edited by RiriPandaHeart2 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
hehehehe
not a first-time poster

You're sharing an opinion about this forum that you based on a few screenshots and what I can only assume to be completely unbiased information from your friends, in a way that seems condescending and antagonistic. No, you're not going to be banned for your post, but you're not going to make any friends here with it either.

That said, all civilly stated opinions about Dan and Phil are welcome here, and we absolutely welcome you to join in, if you want to. Just tone down the attitude first, and spend a little time actually reading the forum for yourself.
My intentions were not to make friends here. I understand that my wording is more than likely condescending, but I was just trying to say that examples of the people I have seen from this forum kind of act childish in a way. As for "civilly stated opinions" I did state this civilly. I did not swear at people or act out irrationally. Unless we have different ideas of being civil, which is fine, I wasn't being uncivilized. As for reading the forums myself, I did before I posted this.
jesp
why bother

Moderating
hehehehe wrote:My intentions were not to make friends here. I understand that my wording is more than likely condescending, but I was just trying to say that examples of the people I have seen from this forum kind of act childish in a way. As for "civilly stated opinions" I did state this civilly. I did not swear at people or act out irrationally. Unless we have different ideas of being civil, which is fine, I wasn't being uncivilized. As for reading the forums myself, I did before I posted this.
In your OP you called some of the posters here childish and "oblivious to reality". That's not civil, whichever way you look at it. In fact, our very own rules cover this, right at the top.

If you want to keep posting here, you're welcome to. Head on over to the main thread and try again with less condescension. Bear in mind, too, that if you're asking for people to respect your opinion, you should be prepared to respect their opinions.

I'm locking this thread.