Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
violet-writer
living flop

SIDE NOTE: phil talking about sexy male models.

:yippee: :yippee:
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
papierklemmen
flower crown

of course my windows just HAD to get updated during the ls. :sideeye:

it's like watching the same show from two different perspectives, they talk about the same stuff. it would have been interesting if phil wasn't so restrained (didn't even mention that yuri on ice is homoerotic af)

i think the fact that they both use "i" when talking about moving is very telling - i'm starting to lean towards the "they are moving out separately" camp. or maybe they're just giant trolls, who knows. but considering they always unconciously use "we" for all kinds of stuff, this deliberate use of "i" makes me wonder.

rip Alberta #nowgetadog... lol jk
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Sorry for posting so much. I drank too much coffee and it's 4 am here and I really should be asleep so I'm running on fumes.

This http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/image/151894363400 is kinda worrying taken with Phil's use of "I". But no. This shouldn't shake me until they really move. :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Sorry for posting so much. I drank too much coffee and it's 4 am here and I really should be asleep so I'm running on fumes.

This http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/image/151894363400 is kinda worrying taken with Phil's use of "I". But no. This shouldn't shake me until they really move. :?
It's a song from "Stranger Things", so I don't find it too worrying.

I just hope they're massive trolls with this whole moving thing and don't move or move together!
pulvis et umbra sumus
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

papierklemmen wrote:of course my windows just HAD to get updated during the ls. :sideeye:

it's like watching the same show from two different perspectives, they talk about the same stuff. it would have been interesting if phil wasn't so restrained (didn't even mention that yuri on ice is homoerotic af)

i think the fact that they both use "i" when talking about moving is very telling - i'm starting to lean towards the "they are moving out separately" camp. or maybe they're just giant trolls, who knows. but considering they always unconciously use "we" for all kinds of stuff, this deliberate use of "i" makes me wonder.

I mean I still think they are now just trolling us about moving at this point but them deliberately saying "I" in big things isn't a new thing. Phil does it all the time (and way more often than dan) when talking about big events that we know dan was also at with him. I wouldn't take that as proof they could be moving out separately.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

nephilimcat wrote: It's a song from "Stranger Things", so I don't find it too worrying.

I just hope they're massive trolls with this whole moving thing and don't move or move together!
Thanks! I haven't watched Stranger Things so any reference flies over my head. I'm at myself right now. But at least my is welded back on.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
papierklemmen
flower crown

confusedpanda wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:of course my windows just HAD to get updated during the ls. :sideeye:

I mean I still think they are now just trolling us about moving at this point but them deliberately saying "I" in big things isn't a new thing. Phil does it all the time (and way more often than dan) when talking about big events that we know dan was also at with him. I wouldn't take that as proof they could be moving out separately.
of course it's not proof, lol. i'm more that sure that they're just trolling (like they did with the "dog" last year).
but it's fun to speculate....
SquishPhan
capita£ester

violet-writer wrote:SIDE NOTE: phil talking about sexy male models.

Forgot to mention it, but yes.

Also found it interesting that Dan reblogged this on his Tumblr.
http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/post/1 ... ake-u-feel
papierklemmen
flower crown

SquishPhan wrote:

lol if we're psychoanalyzing his tumblr reblogs then this one is pretty interesting too, isn't it?
http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/image/151892282183

does it count as another parents shade? :lol:
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

papierklemmen wrote:
dans left hand wrote:
dans left hand wrote:
dianapml wrote:[offtopic]I'm usually/always a lurker but i read this on twitter and i'm really curious concerning a ask: dan and phil went to phil's friends wedding together recently. im not going to show a picture or point it out to anyone. it was on social media, ppl found it, and obvs it was like that. nothing more, no big hype.
I don't remember hearing about this *maybe because i wasn't really active at the time*. Can someone provide more context (btw if i do something wrong in terms of how to send this messages and stuff i'm sorry but it's my first time[/offtopic]
Moderator action
Post contents removed at user request
Moderator action
Post contents removed at user request
well now i am curious can someone pm me the picture?
pm it to me too im curious (promise i wont share it around)
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a nice liveshow. He covered everything, held an appropriate moment of mourning for Alberta the shrimp, and looked and sounded lovely. I just watched his first ever YouNow from May 2012 and he was a peachy-faced munchkin in that too, his voice is just a bit deeper now. I am very here for it, he speaks so well. My cat spent half the first one asleep on my stomach and then had enough when he started live, but that was nice too.

Kinda cute that they've got to be up early and aren't used to it, I like the way eevee put it, I guess they're not such special talent that they get to sleep late while everyone else makes the most of the early morning sunlight.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

[offtopic]Finally had enough courage and alcohol (drink responsibly, kids!) to watch TATINOF in its entirety. Didn't change my opinion much, so if you aren't tired yet of my ranting about wtf is Deppy's stance on fanfiction, welcome to under spoiler
So, first of all, it wasn't as cringe as I remembered from that Toronto fancam, which is good. I actually enjoyed a lot of it, still closed my eyes during the twerking scene, though (I can't and I'm not sorry, also, the way they played being old bordered on offensive) and had to pause, like, every five seconds during the fanfiction segment.

Some random remarks:
- Dan is very camp and Phil's really great, what's new :lol: as it's been said countless times already, Phil's reactions are exaggerated enough to be funny, but not as OTT as Dan's, go Phil!
- an obligatory "WTF is Dan's posture", I can't believe he was a theater kid and they had a director, too, I stg
- loved the magic show (but missed opportunity to joke about a dead hamster instead of a dead rabbit smh) - and frankly all segments, except for the obvious one

Now, to the hard part:
So, I forgot about it while ranting about my problem with the fanfiction segment before, but the fanart pop-up book is Deppy's own creation, right? So just like with fanfiction, they had to bring attention to the creepy/sexual ("everyone is naked") stuff, to insist upon how they are bothered by that, even if nobody was forcing them (outside the show world, I mean, I'm not talking about Dil) - and they've authored it themselves. Why? If I thought Dan would be willing to answer this question, that would be the one I'd ask him about TATINOF.
Like, what is the message here? I understand the obvious one ("we're bothered by the creepy stuff" or, more accurately, "Dan is bothered by the creepy stuff"), but what about people who know it was not an actual fan creation? They should know there are such people, so what's that about?
And it's the same with fanfiction, Dan's the one who was done with it and I didn't get any explanation why. Was it because of the potential nakedness? Was it ? Why didn't he try arguing with the scary lady in the sky first? I honestly hoped I could see it as a something of a roast of 2012!Dan, but no such luck. Just left me drunk andconfused.
Now, I don't want to go all meta and , but Deppy obviously put a lot of thought in the show and they are kinda perfectionists (even if their efforts do not always lead to the best results). So I don't believe they wrote their own fanfic induced with innuendos without thinking it through and through. And I also think Dan wrote most of it if not all, at least for the cowboys camping option: he twitted how he didn't realise he wrote Brokeback Mountain and the one bit he actually said on stage "I didn't write this" was the description of Phil's physique. So I would really, really like some explanation of what the hell it all meant (I know I'm somewhat socially inept, so there might be some big thing I'm missing, but I've very carefully read though everyone's opinions on TATINOF and I still haven't got it).

On a more general, but somewhat related note, I've thought a lot about what phamnotof said in the end of the previous thread:
If I want to be less kind, Dan's just - a mess. Where Phil seems to have found his footing, Dan still doesn't know how to share what he wants to share, possibly due to wanting to actually come out while using specifics but being held back by knowing he'd drag a comfortable Phil right out with him. It's not fun to watch. I feel like he's stuck and I feel stuck right alongside him.
- and I agree with that, Dan is all over the place lately. Like, in the last ls, he was so distracted by the (possibly) very gay stuff in the Yuri on ice, he forgot the third anime he was going to talk about after that and Haikyuu.
[/offtopic]

Now, about the ls: enjoyed it, there were some good waffles, but very chill, so not much to add to the conversation everything worth mentioning on the board was already mentioned, I think ( Alberta, Phil is rubbish in rock-paper-scissors, casually making breakfast for two). I was going to be sad about how he didn't watch Yuri on ice with Dan, because no new animes recently and Phil doesn't like on-goings, but he did and he admitted it! kudos for Phil. Very chill about #getDan, too, I think they acknowledge that in this way to really drive home the point about not doing what the audience asks. Also, Phil's parents apparently were in London for his Mum's birthday (didn't know that #fakephan), which got me thinking: I suppose everyone agrees Phil's family watched the video of TATINOF, do you think Dan's family did?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
fancybum
senpai

Lucyrg95 wrote:hello, lurker here just come to say that Evan makes my skin crawl, goodbye friends keep up the lords work
I'm just catching up and this is off topic but to you because SAME.

Liveshow thoughts: I love Phil. I love that he mentioned Jenna's eyebrow video because now I have a new avatar that brings me joy. Somebody telling him to buy a house reminded me of all the 'they wouldn't move out of London' talk from quite awhile ago (actually maybe there wasn't a lot of talk, but I remember it being discussed at some point here or gg) and the main thing that made people think it was unlikely was the R1 show and the commute involved. Buuuut... they no longer really do anything job-wise that needs to be done in London. That's all. Just saying. Plenty of storage in Brighton... probably... Think of all the tiles in the floors of the world that Phil hasn't had a chance to smash yet.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
SquishPhan
capita£ester

papierklemmen wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

lol if we're psychoanalyzing his tumblr reblogs then this one is pretty interesting too, isn't it?
http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/image/151892282183

does it count as another parents shade? :lol:
I would say yes, but I am always a bit weary talking about his relationship with his parents.
I don't think it's the best relationship, but I also don't think it's that bad.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i think they're going to drop a bombshell on us all and move out from eachother.

dans tumblr post should be in "phandom conspiracy theories"

if anyone wants "that" pic, pm me.
papierklemmen
flower crown

dans left hand wrote:i think they're going to drop a bombshell on us all and move out from eachother.
well, caspar and joe did get their own places, didn't they? but still remained sort of a "duo", so it's possible.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

I really enjoyed the ls today

Bryony giving them a quilt was lovely (I say them because I can bet they cuddled under there after breakfast)

He was so energetic and lovely giving us a performance of "Danger Men at Work" and totally messing it up

I got the impression that he probably avoided any negative comments about doc because he seemed really happy and convinced that we all loved it wheras Dan took a more defensive stance.

He also mentioned Adam which made me cheer up a little because he still keeps in touch with old friends

Of course he killed Alberta :gg: and barely gave us a blink of sadness when recounting, smh Phil

New glasses yesss, but im also nervous because I love his old glasses

He found the game that him and Dan are obsessed with, swear they do everything together. Also the Pen in Pinapple game is the fucking weirdest thing in the world- bonus: the mans voice is stuck in my head ;)

Sexy male model YASS PHIL

Phil made me fall off my bed when recounting his story with eye doctor: He was saying letters when it was numbers :facepalm:

He went to see Motown with family (and dan) for mums bday and talked about how he would totally watch a ballet

The cereal story was lovely and such a fail but of course husband Phil would make sure to get both bowls of cereal done perfectly for his man.

He went on this ramble about the universe and all that then quickly apologized like he's not expected to ramble or share his thoughts with us which made me sad. I think this year he's slowly trying to find the balance between sharing his thoughts and feelings and getting over the fear or sharing them. I really hope he continues that way because he really seems to now enjoy talking to us!

Lastly, did anyone catch his comment about death? Puts my psychoanalyzing hat on: he seems to fear it so much and it makes me wonder why. He always talks about wanting to live forever and be immortal but I cant help but think that would be a lonely life, everything comes to an end, its the circle of life yet Phil somehow wants to avoid that even though Dan accepts it. Makes me wonder how their conversations go and whether they clash heads or not. From an old Phil ls I remember him saying he has a different view about existentialism in that, you should make the most of what your life is now and not worry about it. Yet, we find him almost fearing death and the question is why? Is it because he doesn't want to be away from loved ones or that he continuously wants to experience the ever changing world.. just some food for thought
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

fancybum wrote:
Lucyrg95 wrote:hello, lurker here just come to say that Evan makes my skin crawl, goodbye friends keep up the lords work
I'm just catching up and this is off topic but to you because SAME.

Liveshow thoughts: I love Phil. I love that he mentioned Jenna's eyebrow video because now I have a new avatar that brings me joy. Somebody telling him to buy a house reminded me of all the 'they wouldn't move out of London' talk from quite awhile ago (actually maybe there wasn't a lot of talk, but I remember it being discussed at some point here or gg) and the main thing that made people think it was unlikely was the R1 show and the commute involved. Buuuut... they no longer really do anything job-wise that needs to be done in London. That's all. Just saying. Plenty of storage in Brighton... probably... Think of all the tiles in the floors of the world that Phil hasn't had a chance to smash yet.
Senpai, you've returned with a new face too

I remember that discussion cos I remember doing a little poll on it with location options. I personally was a cheerleader for the Brighton option. If they're gonna go anywhere besides London (and they'd be smart to with London house prices) I'd bet my own eyebrows on Brighton. And I quite like my eyebrows.

There's no smoke without fire and there's sure as hell a lot of smoke with this moving shit. I've got odds on them being in that flat in 2018 at about 95/1. I don't know betting. Can't wait for 2017

In the more immediate short term I also can't wait for spooky week. I wonder if Dan will actually end up in Phil's lap this year. Here's hoping.

In all seriousness I do hope its as cute and as lacking in personal space as last year. I saw that week as the start of this era of physical closeness, so maybe this one will usher in a new even-better era
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
melon lord
morning quiff

I can't obvs speak for Phil but apart from bullies at school, Phil has generally been surrounded by people who love him and support him. From YT friends, his family, Martyn, Cornelia, Dan (most of all), etc. You can tell how much he cherishes people close to him, and I'm sure that's created a more positive, "keep holding on to life" attitude.

Coming from a troubled household myself, it's telling how Dan treats the Lesters as more his family than his own actual family. Even though he's got friends, Phil will always be the Big Favourite, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a brush with medical depression at some point (not diagnosing, fyi). Dan has a rough-around-the-edges cynicism and bleak view on existence that I can relate to, rather than Phil who sees the more positive in things.

I'm sure that if Phil came out to his parents as bi, and when he announced he was dating Dan, the Lesters were more supportive, loving and accomodating than Dan's fam.

TL;DR Dan is Harry and Phil is Ron and the Lesters are the Weasleys :lol:

jesuisunèléve
phabergé

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:"Dan's busy" - just as my phone lights up with a tumblr notif. Classic.

Wonder what the super-secret early-start project is? Must be something important if it's getting these two up and out for 6:30am! ;)

Two cereal bowls. Of course. :platonic:
Youtube Rewind, maybe? (I saw someone else suggest that as a possibility.)
I thought maybe something to do with YTR(ed - UK launch...) but Dan seemed to be hinting about an upcoming LA trip so... IDEK.
I will take Vegas odds that Dan is sat on the sofa behind Phil's laptop as Phil does his LS, creating a sh*tstorm on Tumblr because Dan. I find it very hard to believe there's ever a point where one doesn't know where the other is/what they're doing
Last edited by jesuisunèléve on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Lurktacularr wrote:
In the more immediate short term I also can't wait for spooky week. I wonder if Dan will actually end up in Phil's lap this year. Here's hoping.

papierklemmen
flower crown

kuensukki wrote: Lastly, did anyone catch his comment about death? Puts my psychoanalyzing hat on: he seems to fear it so much and it makes me wonder why. He always talks about wanting to live forever and be immortal but I cant help but think that would be a lonely life, everything comes to an end, its the circle of life yet Phil somehow wants to avoid that even though Dan accepts it. Makes me wonder how their conversations go and whether they clash heads or not. From an old Phil ls I remember him saying he has a different view about existentialism in that, you should make the most of what your life is now and not worry about it. Yet, we find him almost fearing death and the question is why? Is it because he doesn't want to be away from loved ones or that he continuously wants to experience the ever changing world.. just some food for thought
i think it might be because of his (best?) friend dying in college? he did say it took him some time to get over it and it could have been the reason he developed this attitude towards death, this kind of stuff hits you hard. or it could just be the way he is wired.

to add smth about his ls: silent hil!!! i love silent hill so much i wish they played one of the older games during this spooky week (2nd and 3rd - my personal favourites), but i bet they'll go with obvious choices like fnaf and then some flash games..
fancybum
senpai

Lurktacularr wrote: Senpai, you've returned with a new face too

I remember that discussion cos I remember doing a little poll on it with location options. I personally was a cheerleader for the Brighton option. If they're gonna go anywhere besides London (and they'd be smart to with London house prices) I'd bet my own eyebrows on Brighton. And I quite like my eyebrows.

There's no smoke without fire and there's sure as hell a lot of smoke with this moving shit. I've got odds on them being in that flat in 2018 at about 95/1. I don't know betting. Can't wait for 2017
I got a new job a few weeks ago (and I already had one), and have been interviewing for another one. Everybody wish me luck because this time next week I might have 3 jobs pray for me. My free time (aka my D&P stalking time) has suffered BUT I'M HERE NOW and I'm just antsy for spooky week and Undertale. (Really all I want out of life is the rest of D&P Undertale, I don't ask for much c'mon).

Anyway they (well, mostly Dan..) have a history of seeding things to ease people into change... Dropping hints here and there until one day they just say 'oh btw we're moving' and we'll all yawn because we already know. I'm strapped in, I'm ready. Also Dan has been proclaiming his love for Felix a lot lately, why not revert back to his own stalking days and just move in next door. Their next YTRed project could be a lightly scripted reality show where two wacky couples duos struggle to live next to each other in peace with odd-ball PJ popping in with his own shenanigans from time to time. I'd subscribe.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

fancybum wrote: Anyway they (well, mostly Dan..) have a history of seeding things to ease people into change... Dropping hints here and there until one day they just say 'oh btw we're moving' and we'll all yawn because we already know.
Really? I was seriously wondering if al these little mentions of moving are building up to the actual thing. I can't see it happening this year at last. When have they dropped hints at stuff before?
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
psychicmoth
living flop

papierklemmen wrote:
kuensukki wrote: Lastly, did anyone catch his comment about death? Puts my psychoanalyzing hat on: he seems to fear it so much and it makes me wonder why. He always talks about wanting to live forever and be immortal but I cant help but think that would be a lonely life, everything comes to an end, its the circle of life yet Phil somehow wants to avoid that even though Dan accepts it. Makes me wonder how their conversations go and whether they clash heads or not. From an old Phil ls I remember him saying he has a different view about existentialism in that, you should make the most of what your life is now and not worry about it. Yet, we find him almost fearing death and the question is why? Is it because he doesn't want to be away from loved ones or that he continuously wants to experience the ever changing world.. just some food for thought
i think it might be because of his (best?) friend dying in college? he did say it took him some time to get over it and it could have been the reason he developed this attitude towards death, this kind of stuff hits you hard. or it could just be the way he is wired.

to add smth about his ls: silent hil!!! i love silent hill so much i wish they played one of the older games during this spooky week (2nd and 3rd - my personal favourites), but i bet they'll go with obvious choices like fnaf and then some flash games..
I agree. And he recently achieved important goals in his career, so we can assume he is genuinely happy with his life right now, but humans can't help thinking that something bad will happen, specially when everything seem to be going well. Who knows
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle: