Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mintsans
sofa crease

What really struck me as ooc from today's liveshow is how he kept reminiscing about his dead grandma. He almost never strays from the usual "mum is superstitious", "brother got the best genes", etc comments. I guess being recently hanging out with his fam has brought in some nostalgia.

I hope they get a nice house whenever they move out and they get out of London, cause from what i can see the property market is a (multi-million) nightmare
fancybum
senpai

itsonlybeth wrote:
fancybum wrote: Anyway they (well, mostly Dan..) have a history of seeding things to ease people into change... Dropping hints here and there until one day they just say 'oh btw we're moving' and we'll all yawn because we already know.
Really? I was seriously wondering if al these little mentions of moving are building up to the actual thing. I can't see it happening this year at last. When have they dropped hints at stuff before?
Well...... let's just go with most recently: Dan talked a lot about nail painting before he did it, kind of hinting it was a thing that could happen. And when it finally did, yes people were excited, but it also wasn't a huge drastic surprise because he had been warming us up to the idea for a bit beforehand. Same with the wavy hair, he kind of eased into doing it through the insta pic first and asking for thoughts. And now here we are with all the storage talk, both of them seemingly off-handedly mentioning needing more space/storage, 'lol yeah we/I should move'..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
papierklemmen
flower crown

fancybum wrote:And now here we are with all the storage talk, both of them seemingly off-handedly mentioning needing more space/storage, 'lol yeah we/I should move'..
when i hear "i need more space" i can't help but think about it sounding like a typical phrase someone in a relatioship says when they want to take a break and while i don't believe they're together, it could also be a thing in frienship - we've been trapped together for so long, I NEED SPACE kinda thing.

:mrgreen:
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

papierklemmen wrote:
fancybum wrote:And now here we are with all the storage talk, both of them seemingly off-handedly mentioning needing more space/storage, 'lol yeah we/I should move'..
when i hear "i need more space" i can't help but think about it sounding like a typical phrase someone in a relatioship says when they want to take a break and while i don't believe they're together, it could also be a thing in frienship - we've been trapped together for so long, I NEED SPACE kinda thing.

Maybe that's why it was #DanNeedsStorage not #DanNeedsSpace
fancybum
senpai

papierklemmen wrote: when i hear "i need more space" i can't help but think about it sounding like a typical phrase someone in a relatioship says when they want to take a break and while i don't believe they're together, it could also be a thing in frienship - we've been trapped together for so long, I NEED SPACE kinda thing.

Oh definitely. I expect them, if they do actually move, to move together. BUT WHO KNOWS, that's why I'm so curious about what the next year holds. There will definitely be a large group of people screaming 'I told you so' at another large group of people one way or the other, won't that be a fun time to be on the internet.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

[offtopic]Image[/offtopic]

i love imagining that dan actually just stood there awkwardly like that with a rose when he met phil at manchester picadilly
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

papierklemmen wrote:

Lol I take it more as 'there are literally suitcases of shit in my hallway that I have to step over I need more space'.

If they wanted more space from each other they could do a number of things including:

- not eating every meal together
- not watching every show (and many of them) together
- occasionally leaving the house without the other in tow

I don't think it will be this year either but equally I don't think it will be long and I don't think their lease term will be a huge influencer - they're rolling in enough cash to be able to afford double rent/mortgage payments for a good few months. I mean that to say I think they could move before their lease is up, but can't imagine it being any later than that as I'd imagine they wouldn't want to be tied in for a whole extra year.

General consensus is their lease expires in May (I think - someone correct me) - I give it until April and they'll be somewhere new.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

dans left hand wrote:[offtopic]Image[/offtopic]
Dan, asked to hold a rose in a meet and greet picture, makes his face look as non-romantic as possible to compensate.
blueapple_x
flower crown

fancybum wrote:
papierklemmen wrote: when i hear "i need more space" i can't help but think about it sounding like a typical phrase someone in a relatioship says when they want to take a break and while i don't believe they're together, it could also be a thing in frienship - we've been trapped together for so long, I NEED SPACE kinda thing.

Oh definitely. I expect them, if they do actually move, to move together. BUT WHO KNOWS, that's why I'm so curious about what the next year holds. There will definitely be a large group of people screaming 'I told you so' at another large group of people one way or the other, won't that be a fun time to be on the internet.
Ugh I can already picture it :facepalm:

Anyway, I enjoyed that liveshow. The part where Phil said he looked like a minion cracked me up. Add me to the list of people who think what they're doing tomorrow is for YT Rewind.
isabella
butt chair

i'm sure someone has said this already but phil talking about sexy male models in that ls got me

we get dan talking about boys all the time these days but i'm here for phil talking about boys. dare we hope this is the beginning of phil getting us used to this sort of thing coming from him? it's most likely just a one-off thing he didn't think twice about saying, but i can dream.
papierklemmen
flower crown

fancybum wrote:

if there is a time when i want to be wrong is this one

actually, if their lease is expiring then they can use it as an excuse to move together. unless they do need separate #storages
Philena
blobfish

Lurktacularr wrote:If they wanted more space from each other they could do a number of things including:

I don't think it will be this year either but equally I don't think it will be long and I don't think their lease term will be a huge influencer - they're rolling in enough cash to be able to afford double rent/mortgage payments for a good few months. I mean that to say I think they could move before their lease is up, but can't imagine it being any later than that as I'd imagine they wouldn't want to be tied in for a whole extra year.

General consensus is their lease expires in May (I think - someone correct me) - I give it until April and they'll be somewhere new.
Literally! Can you imagine the separation anxiety they would go through? The actual trauma? They aren't going anywhere. No way!

Loved the ls. Loved Phil. I just hate how much of a trash can I am. I disgust me.
manged
lady door

*when u take too long to write a post and u end up repeating what ppl posted minutes before u but it took too much effort to write this so ur not gonna delete it(
dans left hand wrote:i think they're going to drop a bombshell on us all and move out from eachother.
I wouldn't mind this. I'm bored and would appreciate the drama.

They won't though.
fancybum wrote: Anyway they (well, mostly Dan..) have a history of seeding things to ease people into change... Dropping hints here and there until one day they just say 'oh btw we're moving' and we'll all yawn because we already know. I'm strapped in, I'm ready.
I gotta agree; I think this is it. Moving speculation has popped up and been thrown around in the past whenever boxes appear or a piece of furniture goes missing, but now that its actually coming out of Dan and Phil's mouths frequently, I'm p convinced that we'll be seeing them in a new space by sometime next year.

Makes perfect sense to do it now. Literally basing this off of things people have said on here (so fight them if this is inaccurate): they've completed their tour, have accumulated hella money and gifts/souvenirs, and no longer have the radio show tethering them to London. I do understand that the apartment they currently have is p premium for London standards, but eh, I want more for them than a cluttered flat that only has one toilet.

Apologies in advance to anyone who follows me on twitter, because I will be spamming your TLs with keyboard smashes when it does actually happen.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Philena wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:If they wanted more space from each other they could do a number of things including:

Literally! Can you imagine the separation anxiety they would go through? The actual trauma? They aren't going anywhere. No way!

Loved the ls. Loved Phil. I just hate how much of a trash can I am. I disgust me.
I'm just imagining Phil going into the kitchen bleary eyed and preparing two cups of coffee (and burning himself 4 times in the process because...Phil) then properly opening his eyes to see that Dan's not here.He hastily sips both down and scalds his throat then falls over because he didn't bring his glasses. As he falls he sees the one cactus plushie with a fringe missing its counterpart and he finally succumbs to his sadness. He hastily grabs the phone to call Dan not knowing that Dan's running to Phil's house as they speak. Apparently he was too lonely masturbating over pizza and anime boys and he missed looking at Phil's various socks on the dining table.

Just as Phil opens the door Dan barrels in and rugby tackles him (I know this doesn't work with their house set up but shh its a fantasy). Dan cuddles the fuck out of Phil then moves out revealing the cactus plushie with a ring on it.

"i know I wanted space, but, I was a dildo for thinking I can live with you" Cue dramatic music and blah blah they fuck and return the plushies to their rightful place, side by side, forever

(when youre procastinating the fuck out of an essay.....)
JoeAverage
sad dimple

dans left hand wrote:[offtopic]Image[/offtopic]

i love imagining that dan actually just stood there awkwardly like that with a rose when he met phil at manchester picadilly
Im imagining this with the square haircut (ik it wasnt that one in 09) and im dying.
Lurktacularr wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

Lol I take it more as 'there are literally suitcases of shit in my hallway that I have to step over I need more space'.

If they wanted more space from each other they could do a number of things including:

I agree wholeheartedly in everything except on them doing the double rent thing, If it was only dan i can see that happening, but phil (from what i have seen) is a very "economical" kind of guy, (except when buying souvenirs and dumb stuff apparently), that doesnt think spending huge amounts of cash on just one item is ok (which makes me wonder how many arguments he has had with dan's expensive taste in clothing, also need to spend actual money on apps and "free" games), and what i think its general opinion in the Lester household (Martyn and the fireworks at disneyland comment).

Also, from I what i remember the lease expires in july.
Phil Lester is a genius
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Also if they moved somewhere like Brighton then even if they had a monthly radio gig again, it's less than two hours on the train to London (then again that's a trek for just an hour-long show, but it's a thought). I feel for them having too much stuff and no space, I've been sorting out paperwork for my mum and that plus accumulated things is just neverending, all the spaces are full of stuff.

Wow, kuensukki such heartbreak and loneliness :cry: . Hopefully they already know how much they'd miss each other.
anathema
morning quiff

kuensukki wrote:
Philena wrote:

I'm just imagining Phil going into the kitchen bleary eyed and preparing two cups of coffee (and burning himself 4 times in the process because...Phil) then properly opening his eyes to see that Dan's not here.He hastily sips both down and scalds his throat then falls over because he didn't bring his glasses. As he falls he sees the one cactus plushie with a fringe missing its counterpart and he finally succumbs to his sadness. He hastily grabs the phone to call Dan not knowing that Dan's running to Phil's house as they speak. Apparently he was too lonely masturbating over pizza and anime boys and he missed looking at Phil's various socks on the dining table.

Just as Phil opens the door Dan barrels in and rugby tackles him (I know this doesn't work with their house set up but shh its a fantasy). Dan cuddles the fuck out of Phil then moves out revealing the cactus plushie with a ring on it.

"i know I wanted space, but, I was a dildo for thinking I can live with you" Cue dramatic music and blah blah they fuck and return the plushies to their rightful place, side by side, forever

papierklemmen wrote:
kuensukki wrote: Lastly, did anyone catch his comment about death? Puts my psychoanalyzing hat on: he seems to fear it so much and it makes me wonder why. He always talks about wanting to live forever and be immortal but I cant help but think that would be a lonely life, everything comes to an end, its the circle of life yet Phil somehow wants to avoid that even though Dan accepts it. Makes me wonder how their conversations go and whether they clash heads or not. From an old Phil ls I remember him saying he has a different view about existentialism in that, you should make the most of what your life is now and not worry about it. Yet, we find him almost fearing death and the question is why? Is it because he doesn't want to be away from loved ones or that he continuously wants to experience the ever changing world.. just some food for thought
i think it might be because of his (best?) friend dying in college? he did say it took him some time to get over it and it could have been the reason he developed this attitude towards death, this kind of stuff hits you hard. or it could just be the way he is wired.
I agree, I think that his friend dying is probably something that contributed to his view on death. And I also think it would be so interesting to listen into one of his and Dan's conversations on existentialism/death/living.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Martina
tol bean

Maya wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
kuensukki wrote: Lastly, did anyone catch his comment about death? Puts my psychoanalyzing hat on: he seems to fear it so much and it makes me wonder why. He always talks about wanting to live forever and be immortal but I cant help but think that would be a lonely life, everything comes to an end, its the circle of life yet Phil somehow wants to avoid that even though Dan accepts it. Makes me wonder how their conversations go and whether they clash heads or not. From an old Phil ls I remember him saying he has a different view about existentialism in that, you should make the most of what your life is now and not worry about it. Yet, we find him almost fearing death and the question is why? Is it because he doesn't want to be away from loved ones or that he continuously wants to experience the ever changing world.. just some food for thought
i think it might be because of his (best?) friend dying in college? he did say it took him some time to get over it and it could have been the reason he developed this attitude towards death, this kind of stuff hits you hard. or it could just be the way he is wired.
I agree. And he recently achieved important goals in his career, so we can assume he is genuinely happy with his life right now, but humans can't help thinking that something bad will happen, specially when everything seem to be going well. Who knows
Haven't logged in months and this is what makes me post again :sideeye: More death talk with some severe projecting under the spoiler.
As someone whose day gets ruined if I start thinking about the fact that I'm going to die, and as someone who knows many people who feel the same way, I can confirm that some people just naturally fear death. It's the most common thing to be scared of among humans, which isn't very surprising maybe. It's not always about whether you like or dislike life, it's about being terrified of not existing. It makes me both relieved and really sad when Phil talks about death because I feel like he might feel the same way I do... maybe?

I think maybe there are two types of people; those who have accepted that they're going to die and those who might never get over it, and Phil belongs to the latter group.

What papierklemmen suggested also sounded like a plausible explanation.
...okay, back to Dan giving Phil roses at Piccadilly!!

Here's a younow from a while ago where Dan talked about being romantic. I found it 'cause I was looking for another one, maybe a more recent one, where he says he is a romantic person. Couldn't find it so maybe I'm just imagining it?

I wonder if deppy are the sappy romantic types. I remember a Phil liveshow from like a week after Valentine's day where there is a Dan and a Phil doll over the fireplace holding hands that Phil then "secretly" removes when he realizes that the chat has seen them. One of my favorite moments :lol:
Last edited by Martina on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I enjoyed the ls and all the SUTC content a lot! Great week for deps, I agree with most of what's been said. I do wonder why they will travel to LA tho.

If they move, do you think that they might move to another country or always live in London/UK?

I think they can still use the "two bros living together" since their brands are so merged rn but idk the damn 30 yrs mark that so many people likes to use when talking about phil is so close and it is making me a bit nervous. I dont want them to go their separate ways
anathema
morning quiff

Martina wrote: ...okay, back to Dan giving Phil roses at Piccadilly!!

Here's a younow from a while ago where Dan talked about being romantic. I found it 'cause I was looking for another one, maybe a more recent one, where he says he is a romantic person. Couldn't find it so maybe I'm imagining it exists?

I wonder if deppy are the sappy romantic types. I remember a Phil liveshow from like a week after Valentine's day where there is a Dan and a Phil doll over the fireplace holding hands that Phil then "secretly" removes when he realizes that the chat has seen them. One of my favorite moments :lol:
Now I'm just remembering the time Dan bought flowers "for himself" to "just put by his computer" :lol: :sideeye:
(And also those Mario flowers that were just mysteriously in the background of a few videos but never talked about.)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

kuensukki wrote:
Philena wrote:

I am staring down the barrel of an essay as well so here I am! Dan and Phil, the Procrastinator's Paradise!

I don't think they will be moving out seperately. They can't even be in the same room without being within arms reach of one another, who says they will be able to function independantly at all?

I just don't see it. These two, regardless of their awesomeness, are two complete hot messes without the other.

I have to wonder if Dan Howell wakes up every day to a plan of how many people he can piss off/freak out within a 24 hour time frame.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

isabella wrote:i'm sure someone has said this already but phil talking about sexy male models in that ls got me

we get dan talking about boys all the time these days but i'm here for phil talking about boys. dare we hope this is the beginning of phil getting us used to this sort of thing coming from him? it's most likely just a one-off thing he didn't think twice about saying, but i can dream.
This is definitely part of a trend that has already started, of Phil talking more openly about male attraction, though still being generally more subtle than Dan is currently, so it's easy for people to overlook or ignore.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Could the secret project be YouTube Rewind? I've seen the blogs from last year and it seems it was filmed in October last year so it could be that again?

Evan is creepy AF, that dog filter was like something a bully would do, catching someone off guard and taking a photo and putting filters and crap on it is not something you should really do to an acquaintance if you don't know how they'd react, plus he then proceeded to put it on line without consent which is a bit cruel really
nephilimcat
woodland creature

daichii wrote: If they move, do you think that they might move to another country or always live in London/UK?

I think they can still use the "two bros living together" since their brands are so merged rn but idk the damn 30 yrs mark that so many people likes to use when talking about phil is so close and it is making me a bit nervous. I dont want them to go their separate ways
I don't think so. Phil said he couldn't move too far away from his mother and Dan wouldn't move to a different country than Phil. I find the idea of them moving out of GB almost as horrifying as the idea of them moving out separately. And being 30 doesn't change anything :roll: People get all anxious because someone is turning 30, it's just a number. It's not like Phil will go all "I need to marry and have a family and settle down right now" the moment he's turning 30. But there are probably a lot of people in his life that pressure him with it (unless he's with Dan and they know it) :sideeye:
I don't think they'll move to different houses as long as they are single because I can imagine that it could be difficult for their career. And also because they are very clingy. But I'm still hoping they are together anyway and in that case we wouldn't ever have to expect that they move apart.
pulvis et umbra sumus
JoeAverage
sad dimple

isabella wrote:i'm sure someone has said this already but phil talking about sexy male models in that ls got me

Im up for phil talking about boys, I really am... actually just phil talking about anyone besides SMG, specially boys though like srly we have dan waffling all the time about his cute lil crushes but we hardly get anything from phil, and if we do its mostly said in a very jokey kind of way (Ex; Mollie drama), i guess it has to do with dan being such a jealous person and phil being private but theres nothing wrong if he just said an anime or movie character is hot or sth, at least to know his type (beside blond badasses and tall sarcastic noddles) idk im babbling, i really love phils ls though, they always leave me with this warm feeling.
daichii wrote: If they move, do you think that they might move to another country or always live in London/UK?
I seem to remember that in an interview they got asked about this and phil said that he would like living in new york if they did decide to leave, because it reminded him of london, but he actually wouldnt because he would miss his mother. and dan went all "aww" touching his heart like the in love asshole that he is I shall check my video list and post the link.
anathema wrote: Now I'm just remembering the time Dan bought flowers "for himself" to "just put by his computer" :lol: :sideeye:
(And also those Mario flowers that were just mysteriously in the background of a few videos but never talked about.)
I need context on this, someone link me up pls.
Phil Lester is a genius