Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

rizzo wrote:
Catallena wrote:Dan wouldn't want to live on his own, it would double his money for rent and decrease the budget he has to spend on his expensive fashion pieces. :')
Plus, who's going to turn all the lights off once he's gotten into bed? :lol:
THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

kuensukki wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:Phil needs someone to make breakfast for, the dear man.
*Runs as fast as I possibly can to London*

(if only Dan wasnt in the picture :sideeye: )
Basically these guys are soulmates and no way in hell do they not have an inkling of that. Do you know the verse "too good to get away" yea thats about them. I'm pretty sure they're the long lasting type that realize deep down that they are happiest with each other. No couple is perfect yet Deppy show me everyday how true love looks like. They glow around each other and if I was them I would do anything and try my damn hardest to not ever lose that. So I am hoping that means they get their asses moved into a nice house and start a family one day. Probably not this year, but next year. And to me that will kinda speak for itself how long they're willing to stay together.

(watch me become doubtful again when they pull another no-phano :roll: :D )
This was so cheesy and so beautiful, dear god woman :sobs: :clapping:
confetti-j wrote:[offtopic][/offtopic]
a while ago in this thread someone mentioned a "fireworks at disneyland" comment? whats that?
Oh, that would be me! :thumb: well, i was talking about a liveshow phil had where he said he loved fireworks as a kid, he would beg his mother to buy the biggest box of fireworks. (his parents would buy the 20 quid one though instead, which was the 3rd biggest or sth) he used to put them in order for his dad to light them up, and he would always leave the biggest for last, now he still likes fireworks but isnt as obsessed anymore, he loves the big ones from disneyland though, and then he starts saying that Martyin ruins them for him (i think he used the phrase "party pooper" idk), because every time one blew up he would tell phil "oh there goes 20 quid, there goes 50 pounds, there goes another 100 quid etc" and phil said sth along the lines of "mickey works hard for his money, he can spend it on fireworks if he wants".

Anyway, idk why i remember that part of the liveshow so vividly but i do, i dont remember which one it was though but i bet if you google search sth i said it should maybe pop up?? (i think the ls was from 2015 if that helps?)
Last edited by JoeAverage on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
bee
phabergé

hmm wrote:very likely they are moving out- probably just to somewhere else in london because they don't seem to like change and aren't fans of the outdoors/nature, but it could also be brighton
almost definitely moving together (whether or not phan is real) unless one or both are in another long term relationship (seems unlikely)
Yeah I also think they'd stay in London. Their (to my outsider eyes) closest friends live there and their management is, and they like being 'close to everything'.
Recently Jimmy0010 bought a house in London and he doesn't have their budget so I'd think it's possible for them to find something.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

I think they'll stay in London. Next logical location would be back to Manchester (cos BBC). No reason for them to move to Brighton.

Wonder how the super-secret-filming project is going. And if they've needed a nap yet after their early start.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Our mid-terms is this week, but I'm a PRO-crastinator, so... Anyways, I don't think that they'll move out seperately because... well, they have their chores, don't they? Like, "you'll take breakfast, I'll take dinner" type of thing, and if they've been doing that for 5 (? sorry, fake phan) years, I honestly think that they'll have a hard time adjusting once they move out seperately (who will close the cupboards every time Phil forgets to close it?) And we probably won't get any videos from Dan since he procrastinates so much that Phil needs to bug him about it
Also, (I've read this somewhere...) I think that they share their filming equipments? The lights and all... And, when they need to film something, they'll be like (putting it under a spoiler since I can't write shiz)
*knock* *knock* *knock*
P: Coming! *opens door* Hey, Dan!
D: Can I borrow the filiming equipments?
*Phil looks outside*
P: It's raining
D: Yeah, I know
*Awkward pause*
P: So, you wanna come in, or-
*Dan sneezes*
D: It's fine
P: You're sick
D: No, I'm fi-
*Dan coughs*
P: Just get inside
D: Okay
...Yeah, that. Also, I think that they share a lot of things in their flat that if they'll move out, it'll be like this:
P: This is yours
D: No, that's yours
P: Nope. You bought it
D: But you're the one who always uses it
P: Still, you bought it
D: How about I'll just come over if I need it?
P: Good for me

Or if when they're just too lazy to get something:
D: Phil, can you please get the remote? My legs are dead.
*Dan is answered by silence*
D: Phil?
*Dan remembers that he lives on his own now*
D: Damn it.

...I think I have something else to add, but I need to do this thing called "studying" since mid-terms is just a day away, so... Until then, my fellow IDB-ers!
*goes back to the trash can*
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

I find it very interesting that the way deppy argue is "WE ARE GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS", whether its the mirror or the kitchen tile or the popcorn v. dorito (its not an argument but still).

I think they will buy a terrance house in london, they will knock down the back wall to have big mirrors and make it a cozy place to live, and they will somehow fit a teeny tiny koi pond in the backyard which later had to stay dry for years because their adopted daughter likes to play in the backyard
human
dan hand trash

jesuisunèléve wrote:
rizzo wrote:
Catallena wrote:Dan wouldn't want to live on his own, it would double his money for rent and decrease the budget he has to spend on his expensive fashion pieces. :')
Plus, who's going to turn all the lights off once he's gotten into bed? :lol:
THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE.
I laughed out loud at this lolol
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

JoeAverage wrote:
confetti-j wrote: a while ago in this thread someone mentioned a "fireworks at disneyland" comment? whats that?
Oh, that would be me! :thumb: well, i was talking about a liveshow phil had where he said he loved fireworks as a kid, he would beg his mother to buy the biggest box of fireworks. (his parents would buy the 20 quid one though instead, which was the 3rd biggest or sth) he used to put them in order for his dad to light them up, and he would always leave the biggest for last, now he still likes fireworks but isnt as obsessed anymore, he loves the big ones from disneyland though, and then he starts saying that Martyin ruins them for him (i think he used the phrase "party pooper" idk), because every time one blew up he would tell phil "oh there goes 20 quid, there goes 50 pounds, there goes another 100 quid etc" and phil said sth along the lines of "mickey works hard for his money, he can spend it on fireworks if he wants".

Anyway, idk why i remember that part of the liveshow so vividly but i do, i dont remember which one it was though but i bet if you google search sth i said it should maybe pop up?? (i think the ls was from 2015 if that helps?)
That is so cute and so Phil to be into something colourful, loud and sparkly like that, and have a good comeback for his cynical big bro. Family stories are cute, there are so many of these "begged my mum for this" you'd think he was deprived, but he was an enthusiastic kid with a sensible mum. He makes good point, why do all that work to earn a living if you're not going to enjoy it where you can?

Also Dan needing Phil to turn off the lights... ;)
bluewho
truth bomb

Off-Topic:

re: Dan's tumblr posts

Hello. Let’s talk about this post:

http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/post/1 ... ake-u-feel

This post puts sexual desire and platonic friendship in the same sentence.
He knows that people will interpret it as about Phil. It therefore amounts to a statement: ‘I am sexually attracted to Phil when he says he cares for me.’

This is a clear hint. It’s a hint for those people who put in the effort to follow his tumblr and read what he posts. It’s a bold hint; that Dan and Phil are in a relationship.

This is conscious. Dan knew the post would be interpreted this way and he chose to reblog it.

This is not a slip up. You do not accidentally reblog a post blurring the lines between sex and friendship, you do not accidentally leave a dirt great Dan and Phil sign on the bedroom door, you do not accidentally say your audience will like yaoi anime because it’s ‘possibly very gay’ and ‘homoerotic’ without realizing the implication that leaves about your own content.

Two possibilities:

He wants us to think phan is real when it’s not. For money or career reasons. Or maybe because he believes his audience is happier believing in phan. Or maybe for approval/attention seeking.

He’s in a relationship with Phil but can’t or won’t be open about this for some reason, but wants us to guess and believe in phan so is dropping hints left right and center.

The simplest explanation is the second. The first doesn’t fit with what I’ve seen of Dan at all. Dan isn’t greedy and selfish enough to lie and manipulate his fans for money. The second explanation fits with the bigger picture.

Dan can’t or won’t tell the truth about being with Phil now or anytime soon. Look forward to lots more no phano in the future. But he is selectively open with us about it, he does leave hints, and he does want us to notice them. He wants us to believe but not know it.
mez29
procrastinator

bluewho, I think that's a very optimistic reading, but equally I'll be sending you my funeral bill shortly.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

bluewho wrote:Off-Topic:

He knows that people will interpret it as about Phil. It therefore amounts to a statement: ‘I am sexually attracted to Phil when he says he cares for me.’

This is a clear hint. It’s a hint for those people who put in the effort to follow his tumblr and read what he posts. It’s a bold hint; that Dan and Phil are in a relationship.

This is conscious. Dan knew the post would be interpreted this way and he chose to reblog it.

This is not a slip up. You do not accidentally reblog a post blurring the lines between sex and friendship, you do not accidentally leave a dirt great Dan and Phil sign on the bedroom door, you do not accidentally say your audience will like yaoi anime because it’s ‘possibly very gay’ and ‘homoerotic’ without realizing the implication that leaves about your own content.

Two possibilities:

He wants us to think phan is real when it’s not. For money or career reasons. Or maybe because he believes his audience is happier believing in phan. Or maybe for approval/attention seeking.

He’s in a relationship with Phil but can’t or won’t be open about this for some reason, but wants us to guess and believe in phan so is dropping hints left right and center.

The simplest explanation is the second. The first doesn’t fit with what I’ve seen of Dan at all. Dan isn’t greedy and selfish enough to lie and manipulate his fans for money. The second explanation fits with the bigger picture.

Dan can’t or won’t tell the truth about being with Phil now or anytime soon. Look forward to lots more no phano in the future. But he is selectively open with us about it, he does leave hints, and he does want us to notice them. He wants us to believe but not know it.
My goodness, I think your are permanently stuck. Not that I'm complaining, lol. I actually agree with what you've written. I always think the situation is much more complicated than a simple 'phan is real', which is why I cannot see them coming out in the tradition of some other youtubers. I don't think it's just a matter of confirming or denying a romantic relationship, because the connection they have is so special that it can hardly be put into words that would do it justice. I'm just glad that we get a glimpse of this connection. :platonic: (why yes i am the soppiest of soppy trash today)

Also, let's be real, if they moved out they would move out together, because they wouldn't last two days without each other. I don't mean in a codependent way, but in a 'they're so used to having the other around' way. Marriage of convenience. :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

mysterylovescompany wrote:Also, let's be real, if they moved out they would move out together, because they wouldn't last two days without each other. I don't mean in a codependent way, but in a 'they're so used to having the other around' way. Marriage of convenience. :lol:
And tax purposes :lol:

Even if they aren't together I just feel like they're gonna stick together for as long as possible tbh, I don't think either would like living alone. Like you I don't mean that in a codependent way, but it's just them obviously preferring each other's company above all else whether that's other people or being alone. When Dan lived in uni halls he was over at Phil's small one bedroom flat all the time he probably had a spare key lbr and since then they have only become closer and more attached to each other presence in their very intertwined lives. Although I've been living in constant anxiety the past 4 years over the possibility of them moving apart (i'm only half kidding here as well help) at the same I don't see it happening. But I'm also always seeing through my specially made sooooo...

I love it when people start psychoanalyzing Dan's Tumblr btw, he always delivers more quality discussion material on there than in videos :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
akui
blobfish

Two possibilities:

First of all, girl you know i love you, but i do think you are reaching here. I mean there is a possibility that he is leaving phan hints or covertly admit he's attraction to his best friend. BUT it could just be your average exaggeratedly sentimental tumblr posts of people who needs/appriciate love and friendship. "I like when my friends treat me good, i like it so much, it's almost as pleasurable as my kink" which to me is more possible to be the situation here.

But as a who just been building deppy's future home in sims, oh how i wish this is true.
myselfandI
phillion/danosaur <//3

Two possibilities:

I’m always up for some in deep reading into Dan and Phil’s lives, but this time I think you are overthinking it. That ‘kinky’ posts are kind of a meme on Tumblr where people will put something sentimental over something sexual (I have reblogged one similiar), it’s basically a critic to how some feelings have been trivilized.

What that post is saying that they would take their friends validation over any other fetish.

Now you could say that Dan definately must have it with Phil, whatever their relationship is, they have each other and care about each other (Or maybe it’s a dig at Phil’s selective hearing as if saying “WHY DON’T YOU LISTEN TO ME, I NEED SOMEONE TO HEAR MY RAMBLINGS #BADFRIEND”).

Anyway, all I took from this post is that Dan is a needy f*cker, but what’s new about that? :lol:
Don't come to Brasil, pay us to come to your country instead :thumb:
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Catallena wrote: I love it when people start psychoanalyzing Dan's Tumblr btw, he always delivers more quality discussion material on there than in videos :')
:gg: *snap*
Phil Lester is a genius
hypothesised
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

re: the tumblr reblog, i agree with myselfandi... from what i understand and what i've been seeing on tumblr, 'kink' is quite similar to the 'mood' meme. but it'd be interesting to see if dan took the text post literally. tumblr is where the true dan howell resides.
[offtopic]related to the first few posts here about deppy's reputation in the community, i've been thinking about thefinebros having a youtubers react to tiih/tatinof/tabinof/youtuber books in general. maybe we'd get to know what other youtubers think about deppy's brand or youtubers entering the mainstream media in general. but a lot of salt will surely ensue [/offtopic]
thank you for being brave
papierklemmen
flower crown

y'all need to take off your spectacles once in a while, just so you don't end up brokenhearted if deppy don't deliver. keeping your expectations low is the key to healthy stanning. :lol:

i sometimes wonder... IF they have other gfs/bfs, would they be hiding them so carefully because they know at least a part of their fanbase consists of larries? lol. we all know what some of those crazies can do, no one would want to expose their family to such abuse...
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

myselfandI wrote:

Two possibilities:

I’m always up for some in deep reading into Dan and Phil’s lives, but this time I think you are overthinking it. That ‘kinky’ posts are kind of a meme on Tumblr where people will put something sentimental over something sexual (I have reblogged one similiar), it’s basically a critic to how some feelings have been trivilized.

What that post is saying that they would take their friends validation over any other fetish.

Now you could say that Dan definately must have it with Phil, whatever their relationship is, they have each other and care about each other (Or maybe it’s a dig at Phil’s selective hearing as if saying “WHY DON’T YOU LISTEN TO ME, I NEED SOMEONE TO HEAR MY RAMBLINGS #BADFRIEND”).

Anyway, all I took from this post is that Dan is a needy f*cker, but what’s new about that? :lol:
papierklemmen wrote:y'all need to take off your spectacles once in a while, just so you don't end up brokenhearted if deppy don't deliver. keeping your expectations low is the key to healthy stanning. :lol:

i sometimes wonder... IF they have other gfs/bfs, would they be hiding them so carefully because they know at least a part of their fanbase consists of larries? lol. we all know what some of those crazies can do, no one would want to expose their family to such abuse...
I know I'm always guilty of reaching™ and acting/posting with my feelings before anything else but still, one thing we can't disregard (and an argument for saying I'm not crazy) is what bluewho said: They know it will be considered and analyzed as a phan argument, they know it and they still choose to do it where before they would avoid like it had the plague.
Am I still reaching? Probably. But I'll reserve my right to be cautiously optimistic and trash about when things like this happen while still keeping low expectations. :lol:
eevee
emo goose

I agree with bluewho that Dan knew what he was doing when he reblogged it. Was he dropping a hint or just letting go of all fucks? we may never know. But he's not an idiot. He knows that we analyze everything!

Or maybe he was trying to tell us that his only "kink" is being loved and we need to calm tf down with daddy kink fics ;)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

hypothesised wrote:re: the tumblr reblog, i agree with myselfandi... from what i understand and what i've been seeing on tumblr, 'kink' is quite similar to the 'mood' meme. but it'd be interesting to see if dan took the text post literally. tumblr is where the true dan howell resides.
[offtopic]related to the first few posts here about deppy's reputation in the community, i've been thinking about thefinebros having a youtubers react to tiih/tatinof/tabinof/youtuber books in general. maybe we'd get to know what other youtubers think about deppy's brand or youtubers entering the mainstream media in general. but a lot of salt will surely ensue [/offtopic]
I think what Deppy accomplished is a dream for many a YTer? I mean, several have written books but who the hell writes a freaking STAGE SHOW to go with it and goes on tour? Also, let's face it, their book wasn't the "usual" YTer fare. If there is a "formula" for YT success, these two dorks gave it the finger long ago.

There could be a lot of salt in their direction because they make their success seem so effortless. Maybe it is for them? Maybe their chemistry and the fact they are both emotional trainwrecks is the way to be successful on YT? In Dan's case, it may be helpful to have a dimple the size of Texas, a bitch-queeny attitude towards certain things and a soul-encompassing love for a YT veteran who's hips will never lie.

Maybe that's the formula?

Seriously tho, these two dorks wrote their own rules and absolutely do not give a fuck about what anyone else thinks. Oh, and ambiguity sells, but Dan might want to rethink that one because his chill is no where to be found.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

eevee wrote:I agree with bluewho that Dan knew what he was doing when he reblogged it. Was he dropping a hint or just letting go of all fucks? we may never know. But he's not an idiot. He knows that we analyze everything!

Or maybe he was trying to tell us that his only "kink" is being loved and we need to calm tf down with daddy kink fics ;)

Also, Dan's emotional. He was probably having one of his "moments" where he felt useless and Phil picked him up out of his slump by telling him he isn't the useless POS he thinks he is.

Regardless, the reason behind the post isn't disingenuous. Dan for sure isn't stupid but he is passionate about what he believes in. So I don't think there's a hint to be had, it's simply Dan expressing himself.
mio
#relatable

Completely different topic, but I just went to the yt start page and it suddenly offered me the YTR 1 month trial (I'm in germany) does that mean that they released it in other countries too today??
WHAT is this timing, 2 weeks after Deppy's stuff got released and everybody's already seen it like ???
(the other big selling point probably being pewdiepie's but that has been out for a while too, so I don't really get it)

edit: wow this is weird, maybe it was just a glitch. But it definitely showed me the ad on the start page. But when I try to click through, it says payment can't be completed due to my location. Well false alarm I guess
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
akui
blobfish

eevee wrote:I agree with bluewho that Dan knew what he was doing when he reblogged it. Was he dropping a hint or just letting go of all fucks? we may never know. But he's not an idiot. He knows that we analyze everything!

Or it could be another "like if you're bottom" situation. Honestly to guess what he was thinking is tiring, especially when he plays game like this.

Also if we are talking this post literally, can we also take this literally? IDK.
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Dans Tumblr post:
Firstly, I'm not a tumblr-er, tumblr-ee, I don't tumble, I give up, my age is showing. So viewing that post in the sense that I have not seen anything similar doing rounds, I read it as Dan making a statement about an issue (friendship) that is completely unsexual, but put into a format (kink:) that would usually be about something sexual, thus making the issue more important than sex, which is sometimes overemphasized.
Personally I don't see any phan in it, but I am interested in the external validation that stems from the post. ("make u feel valid").

Then again, after typing all that out, I do see how kink and friendship are not necessarily isolated from each other. Why not have it about friends in romantic relationships. Effing Dan. Always sooo mysterious and ambiguous. I thought your brand was relatability. (<- joking tone)
bluewho
truth bomb

Basically this is what I think. The actual post reads: "kink: when ur friends make u feel valid and like u have importance and listen to u and care about u".

There's no way Dan read something like that - reblogged a post saying affection from his friends is his kink - without knowing people would read it as about Phil.

If he knew people would read it as about Phil, and he reblogged it anyway, he is fuelling phan.

Why would he want to fuel phan?
To 'shipbait' because he knows it's where the money's at (not likely imo),

or as a way to express something that is actually true where he feels he can - where it's vague enough and safe enough and fewer people will pay attention to it.

I mean he has literally reblogged a post saying his kink is affection from his friends, how can he hint any bolder than that without outing them completely?

Did someone say phan goggles? I wouldn't know anything about that

Edit: akui I love you too, girl, platonically :lol: I hear what you are saying that the post in its usual context is a 'metaphorical' kink not literal kink. But this is not the usual context.

This is Dan Howell's blog, who many speculate is in a relationship with his best friend. In this context Dan reblogging something about his best friends being hot is a bit suspicious don't you think? ;)