Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

lishachi wrote: happy for them too

who were they up against?
Zoe and Joe Sugg (um as two separate options), pewdiepie, and Emma Blackery. Zoe won in 2013 and 2014, and Joe won last year. Pewds and Dan/Phil only became eligible as nominees this year, so that's interesting.
nephilimcat wrote: Uploading a lot of videos doesn't mean you deserve an award more than someone who uploads irregularly. They worked hard and even though TATINOF technically isn't part of vlogging, it is part of their job. So yes, they deserve it. But maybe I'm biased because they're the only vloggers I actually care about
The Teen Awards are indeed srs bsns.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
cold-tea
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

akui wrote: Congrats and thank lord for this photo, Phil looks swaggy af, me likey
Yessss. They both look good. So glad Phil isn't doing his clenched fist + wide eyes thing. His shoulders look wider and he seems a bit heavier it looks great I'm trash.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

fancybum wrote:
lishachi wrote: happy for them too

who were they up against?
Zoe and Joe Sugg (um as two separate options), pewdiepie, and Emma Blackery. Zoe won in 2013 and 2014, and Joe won last year. Pewds and Dan/Phil only became eligible as nominees this year, so that's interesting.
Yeah, odd to have them become eligible in the year they probably uploaded least of the years the Teen Awards has been running a best vlogger category. (Is that true? Please someone do the stats, I cba right now.)

Personally I think 2013 Dan or Phil (independently, as they would probably have preferred back then) would be better candidates for Best Vogger than they are now. Not that I don't like what they're doing now, but back then they were focussing more on youtube, and seemed creatively fresher than they do at the moment, drained by touring.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Philena
blobfish

000dia000 wrote:funny enough, this is the first time in a while Phil's worn dark shoes and Dan's worn white....usually it's the other way around, maybe this is the serious underwhelming rebrand lol
Too real

They look great. Phil is looking extra good lately. I'd better see coordinating outfits at the Brits this year!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

This is the most accurate description of their relationship I've ever seen. Dan and Phil are symbionts, I'm not even joking:
Symbiosis (from Greek συμβίωσις "living together", from σύν "together" and βίωσις "living") is a close and often long-term interaction between two different biological species. [...] Some symbiotic relationships are obligate, meaning that both symbionts entirely depend on each other for survival. [...] Others are facultative (optional): they can, but do not have to live with the other organism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiosis
pulvis et umbra sumus
vincentian
hobbit hair

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:Matching bomber jackets
:love1:
I'm happy won! Though they don't look too excited to promote the event for Radio 1, for which they don't work anymore (by the looks of it).
They look fine though and seem to have put on some weight. Not fit for touring anymore :D
lishachi
eclipse shirt

cold-tea wrote:
akui wrote: Congrats and thank lord for this photo, Phil looks swaggy af, me likey
Yessss. They both look good. So glad Phil isn't doing his clenched fist + wide eyes thing. His shoulders look wider and he seems a bit heavier it looks great I'm trash.
Phil are they boots??? or trainers? either way they look so good, if Phil transitioned into wearing all black i'd probably die
:biflag: :blackheart:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Me likey their shoes. Congratz boyz

Now, who wants to bet on Emma Blackery being all butthurt again? Bet she still hasn't recovered from being boo-boo-banned from the charity liveshow.

akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Do they have the same shoe size? Cuz idk what phil's wearing, what dan's wearing looks like one of phil's white shoes. I mean if they do share shoes, i'm not even surprised.

RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I hope that them winning this award would make BBCR1 go after them again. Even if it's not a radio show anymore, I just miss them working for BBC. A lot of good things came from them being on it. :sobs:

I'm really curious though if they resigned or because internet takeover ended, their employment with the BBC was terminated along with it, and if what was said about them being still part of the BBC was a lie or not. If they were really still part of the family, I wonder why they weren't made to present this year. That would have been a perfect opportunity to reassure the D&P followers that they were still part of the family. :? It's kinda frustrating cause both Deppy and BBC are -ing it. :?

Edit: Cause I wanted to say more.
Last edited by RiriPandaHeart2 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
annetamiau
lady door

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:I hope that them winning this award would make BBCR1 go after them again. I'm really curious though if they were booted out or they resigned. :?
They might come back after Christmas (or whenever radio seasons change in the UK). I still can't believe they let go of that opportunity, and I don't think they were fired or anything (after all, they have a very active following and people from other countries listened to the show too). It was one of the best things they did (second to only liveshows imo), and I'll be sad if it's really the end.
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
psychicmoth
living flop

Very proud of them, I hope they enjoy their dessert.
And I like their outfits, I love Phil's shoes!
The symbiosis went too far.
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

annetamiau wrote: They might come back after Christmas (or whenever radio seasons change in the UK). I still can't believe they let go of that opportunity, and I don't think they were fired or anything (after all, they have a very active following and people from other countries listened to the show too). It was one of the best things they did (second to only liveshows imo), and I'll be sad if it's really the end.
I hope they weren't fired and would be able to come back to BBCR1. I also really liked the radio shows (what I've seen of it because I got into them when they were on tour in America so the radio show had already ended by the time I knew of them. :cry: ). I'm just nervous about it cause this would have been the perfect opportunity for BBC or Deppy to reassure us that they're still part of the family and the -ing of it is making me nervous that they're really out for good. :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
papierklemmen
flower crown

congrats to deppy!! i hope they ate all the muffins they wanted.
but i really don't get why they were nominated as a unity. yeah they had a joint book and tour and have a gaming channel together, but otherwise they are independent vloggers?... joe has done a lot of joint stuff with caspar but was nominated alone anyway. weird.
akui wrote:Do they have the same shoe size? Cuz idk what phil's wearing, what dan's wearing looks like one of phil's white shoes. I mean if they do share shoes, i'm not even surprised.

would that really count as sharing if phil has, like, 4 pairs of those?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

YAY THEY WON. :yippee:
mysterylovescompany wrote: The BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards are nearly here! Naughty BBC, being such trolls. :tsk: D&P really do fit in. If they aren't returning to the radio, I am going to ... cry silently.

At this point BBCR1 ain't even testing me anymore they're just personally attacking me.
Oh damn, plz Phil look in the camera like that more often Ditch the deer in headlights and clenched fists look, it's not cute. They both look good in their stupid matching jackets
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:I hope that them winning this award would make BBCR1 go after them again. Even if it's not a radio show anymore, I just miss them working for BBC. A lot of good things came from them being on it. :sobs:

I'm really curious though if they resigned or because internet takeover ended, their employment with the BBC was terminated along with it, and if what was said about them being still part of the BBC was a lie or not. If they were really still part of the family, I wonder why they weren't made to present this year. That would have been a perfect opportunity to reassure the D&P followers that they were still part of the family. :? It's kinda frustrating cause both Deppy and BBC are -ing it. :?

Edit: Cause I wanted to say more.
Well when they quit the radio show for the USA tour, they and the BBC were adamant in calling it a hiatus... The only thing I can come up with is that between then and now, their contract was up for negotiation and that it didn't work out for either party. Whether that's because of money, timeslots and hours, show budget (the show was filmed and available world wide which are quite the privileges for a show by two rookie jocks and probably more expensive than a regular show). On top of that, D&P were the creators of the Internet Takeover and that kinda flopped didn't it? People cared about D&P's shows (though bringing it back to once a month did make people care less I think), but no1curr enough about Jack & Dean, Ben Cook and the other vloggers that got a spot to tune in to their shows. R1 tried really hard to at least make J&D happen, but that din't work out either. They don't have the dedicated audience that D&P have, and the phandom is like half the secret behind D&P's success. The Internet Takeover probably not working out as hoped could work against them.

There's also the thing with R1's eternal struggle to attract a younger audience. D&P were most probably hired to help in getting that audience to listen and I'm not sure they ever succeeded in that. From what I've observed the phandom would religiously tune in to D&P but they didn't become regular listeners. That would mean that D&P failed in what they were meant to do and make them not worth the money anymore. Though it's not like Grimmy really succeeded in that either and he's still there. It's not like they have good alternative either, isn't the old timeslot still some automatic playlist? That's a lot cheaper, but...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

papierklemmen wrote:congrats to deppy!! i hope they ate all the muffins they wanted.
but i really don't get why they were nominated as a unity. yeah they had a joint book and tour and have a gaming channel together, but otherwise they are independent vloggers?... joe has done a lot of joint stuff with caspar but was nominated alone anyway. weird.

would that really count as sharing if phil has, like, 4 pairs of those?
It counts cuz they are technically phil's replacement shoes. (or is it really counts since they basically share an identity already)

I mean they have a gaming channel, so technically it's okay to consider them as an unity. (lots of technicality going on here apparently) Also since they already worked for BBC for a long time as a duo, it's natural to consider them as 'a thing' from bbc's point of view.
melon lord
morning quiff

Maya wrote:Very proud of them, I hope they enjoy their dessert.
And I like their outfits, I love Phil's shoes!
The symbiosis went too far.

I can't stop laughing at this tweet please send help I'm wheezing

finally Dan and Phil have merged into one life form

(yes I edited it to make it blue and black like themselves don't judge a person for how they spend their time okay)

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Glad they won, not that I'm surprised though the competition wasn't very broad. By the food and off for a celebratory pastry of course :lol: got a small pile here after a party too, they'd do well to visit. Phil looks good, that's a very relaxed stance.
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

idk wrote:
tylerrjoseph wrote:
Catallena wrote:Ugh @ D&P and their stupid joint gifts and cards. I bet those assholes write their Christmas cards together as well. I hate them.
oh god i didn't even think about christmas cards i think i just melted into a puddle someone please post their christmas card from deppy this year thanks
I don't know where this is from but I've seen it captioned as something like a 'shout magazine Christmas card' or something idek, it's cute

that's so adorable i just b ur s t into t e a r s
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
danphil333
hobbit hair

PHIL IS LIVE AND I CAN SEE CHEST HAIR
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Yaay Phil is live on younow. Didn't think we were getting one today, so this is a nice surprise.
http://www.younow.com/AmazingPhil
The_Blonde
living flop

(wasn't expecting a liveshow, what a good surprise) :D

Loving him trying to work out whose body parts are whose in that spliced photo (the face of it really looks like someone famous to me, but I can't work out who)

(also he's having a roast dinner later. Jealous, wish I was - side effect of being a student and literally having a bottle of wine and some pasta in my fridge :cry: )

Edit: and I love hearing him talk about seeing Radio 1 DJs again. But I also hate it because I feel that I now need to start my official mourning period for the radio show :( :( )
realeyesrealize
living flop

When he was talking about the chocolate golf balls I swear to god I thought he was going to say "I don't like golf, but I do like balls!"
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Highlights of the liveshow:

- News about EU TATINOF next week.
- "I'll finish you off with a sock".