Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
papierklemmen
flower crown

on one had i feel bad that they tried hard but could only get three venues, but on the other hand i'm glad it's only three dates. GET.IT.OVER.WITH. and they're not coming to my place, so... :lol:

lol i also feel bad for wanting them to be done with tatinof because judging by dan's today rants it's really something special to him that he wants to relish more. but as much as i'm happy for them and their gig, it's been 84 years. for them it's endless adventure, full of tears and sweat and happy moments, meeting their fans, being theatre performers; for some of us here it's just drought.

my younow kept crushing, but did they merge into one person at this point? did he say #stopdan while talking about phil? did he just forget that he bought the balls and said it was phil?? what is happening to them lol philanddan is actually one person confirmed that's why they don't get each other on ls, they're merged.

and yay, i'm glad he talked about japan's yaoi fetishism and lack of serious gay drama in yuri on ice.

p.s. internet support group? reasons why dan's a fail? ... srsly? why was i even hoping he'd try something new, lol... :facepalm:
000dia000
emo goose

OT: I know everybody is sick to death of TABINOF and TATINOF but after accidentally procrastinating and watching a TABINOF video they mentioned at some point wanting to explain certain parts of it in depth and now I'm like even thought we're beating a dead horse at this point and indeed it's been 84 years, I still want closure on the in depth parts of TABINOF. Though, in fairness to deppy, they never deliver on promises even those seemingly simpler and easier than their final delivery
:cactus:
fancybum
senpai

000dia000 wrote: Yeah, I have honestly no idea what the fanbase is like in Ireland but I don't know whether I would like the experience of being with a group of fans idk I don't really like the experience of being in a room full of chill adults so I don't know whether I'll go through with seeing it this is kind of my one-chance of probably seeing them IRL but idk whether I want to spend a 100 euro seeing them or not
100 euro because of travel costs? Or is that the m&g price? Honestly, if you can swing it financially and find somebody to drag with you, you should go! Just expect lots of screaming (bring earplugs? lol). If there's even a tiny percentage inside of you that wants to go, just do it! Then leave a detailed review here so we can all be jealous and live vicariously through you, thanks in advance
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yay Europe! Really sad that so many places wouldn't let them book a venue, but three stops is better than none. Dublin is doable.

I was glad he told people to shut up about having tatinof stuff instead of regular dinof for a few weeks, you tell em, Dan. Then when he got all sarcastic about using that to not put up the cake scene I was :sideeye: wtf cheeky, though it was hilarious. Hopefully they will upload that, they know we want to see it.

Funny describing wearing all the onesies as cooking himself. He does look cute in them, also the long shorts with long socks was cute. I always love those shorts
papierklemmen
flower crown

000dia000 wrote:OT: I know everybody is sick to death of TABINOF and TATINOF but after accidentally procrastinating and watching a TABINOF video they mentioned at some point wanting to explain certain parts of it in depth and now I'm like even thought we're beating a dead horse at this point and indeed it's been 84 years, I still want closure on the in depth parts of TABINOF. Though, in fairness to deppy, they never deliver on promises even those seemingly simpler and easier than their final delivery
i mean, that's what the documentary was supposed to be. it should have been longer, it should have had rehearsals, technical details, daily vlogs about making the show, calling the venues, meeting the publishers idk. so much stuff. it wasn't. they could make a youtube video about, but will they? they could talk about it during one of the ls, but will they?? there have been so many opportunities to do it, but did they? it seems like something's holding them back.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Missed the beginning of the liveshow, but notes I took are bellow
if you have an opportunity to not be a hermit, take it "do the friends"
teen award was won by the audience, not them
the green circle with a hole in it will be useful for hitting burglars
There will be regular dansinotonfire content for the rest of time
If people are shitting b/c there were three weeks of tantinof content how did they survive when he didn't upload anything for 3 months?
"the biggest moment of mine and Phil's lives"
Used a lot of this year's anecdotes in the spraying himself video (admission that he combines stories when he tells them)
Uri On Ice probably won't actually be gay, it might just be homoerotic.
No representation in normal Japanese regular dramas because culturally it is seen as a kink not a normal thing
"what do you have against cannibals?" Are we talking about fetishising cannibals or actual practising cannibals? Brown v. Brown legal case of cattle branding. where is the line with consent? Could talk for a long time about morals, but what is illegal is a good line
Wishes they'd only done one pinof in the first year
Webcelleb is a gross word, so is saying "fans", but YT have to say it to explain to old people. Imagine when we're the old people...
PSLs are so sweet it feels like he's doing drugs
Phil's sweet tooth is insatiable
Uni advice: Tesco value bread. Don't drink too much alcohol. Go to all your lectures. Also go on Forums
They have been trying to make TATINOF EU happen for over a year; it was so hard.
They even tried Manilla they really did, they seriously even tried Manilla and they were rejected.
All they could get was Berlin, Stockholm, and Dublin. Yes, they tried Amsterdam. Yes, they tried France.
Tickets released maybe on Friday maybe at the Weekend
good luck going to Northern Europe in December
By doing this they have opened the door to other youtubers.
TATINOF USA almost didn't happen.
He'd been avoiding questions about Dil, but didn't say why
He thought Dil and Tabbitha had a great honeymoon, he's happy for them, they can put the selfie on the fridge
Travelling to Brighton was maybe the worst day of his life
Marzia is the best host, she gave them gifts on her birthday
(he might not post the cake footage because people in the comments of his main channel are complaining about the lack of normal danisnotonfire content. are you fucking kidding me Dan please just give us the cake footage oh my god)
Tabbitha stood up for herself
Only doing Dapgoose because the publishers wanted them to
Couldn't remember who bought the chocolate balls
The chocolate balls exist because lint think men won't buy lindore b/c it's too girly. We need to destroy gender roles.
The chocolate balls were huge and made him (and Phil? even with Phil's insatiable sweet tooth?) want to projectile vomit
The thing Phil uploaded was "a funny part of the tour bus video"
He doesn't need to call us anything, we're just people
ohgod
dank meme

Is Dan's "big embarrassing train story" just the one about him not knowing how to open the door? If so I don't really see the point of making an entire video on it unless there's more to the story. He's been building it up for so long too lmao.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

The cattle branding courtcase was R v Wilson, the R v Brown courtcase was a case regarding homosexual sadomasochism.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door
Pronouns: she/her

i'm so happy tatinof is coming to berlin!

*looks up duration of train journey and train prices to berlin and back*
*sees it's 6 to 7 hours and 160 euro for shitty service*
*sighs melodramatically*

asking someone to come with me is going to be so awkward :lol:
hollyphan
glabella

wtfamidoinghere wrote::skeleton: i'm so happy tatinof is coming to berlin!

*sighs melodramatically*

if you can make it to Berlin, we could organise a little meet up! (I'm going alone, too, my friends hate me)
I mean if you like haha
(where are you from?)
Phandom got me like..
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

papierklemmen wrote: p.s. internet support group? reasons why dan's a fail? ... srsly? why was i even hoping he'd try something new, lol... :facepalm:
Apparently people complain when he does something new
Maybe if enough people comment on isg saying they want him to try something new he will do it.
Moony
sofa crease

Can somebody explain what he meant with people tweeting him their tumblr urls? And he said that he's gonna follow people that liked his videos on tumblr or whatever afterwards?
I am so confused, since when did he start randomly following people or did I misunderstood it?
welp.

re tatinof eu: damn, I really thought they would come to cologne, it's the youtube city in germany and not far away :( I know I won't be able to go to berlin since is on the other side of the country and my parents wouldn't allow it (screw being a little teen)
Last edited by Moony on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinnamonrollphil
drama llama

So here's the thing. I get why dan's frustrated to an extent but at the same time I feel like it's a slight problem with taking criticism? Like we've had NINE dinof videos this entire year, and six tatinof ones. and like, that's fine, im proud of him and everything, but i think it's valid to say 'you promised us you'd be back to being a youtuber and making content after tour was over, and tour has been over for months?'

also, i dont mind all the #promo for tatinof and im proud of them and everything but i get the feeling they forget they have side channels? like that VR footage should have been on the side channel. the cake scene should go there as well. its not really promo and its not really a dinof video, its something extra that should go up on the side channel imo (granted im not sure if part of it is b/c youtube red has control over that stuff, they very well could)

idk i just feel like dan was really sassy tonight and usually he walks a fine line between being funny/serious and asshole/serious and tonight felt like he was walking that line very very close to the edge
violet-writer
living flop

biatchqueen wrote:The cattle branding courtcase was R v Wilson, the R v Brown courtcase was a case regarding homosexual sadomasochism.
Wow. What a mistake to be made! :lol: Caught me off guard. I liked some of his opinions this live show and even saw myself in him at certain times- maybe this explains why I love Phil

He mentioned Phil a lot, and that's when I most related to him. I talk about my best friend constantly (we do everything together!!) and she doesn't talk about me as much. It's not how much we love one another, it's just the way we are!

He was a bit pissy today especially when calling the chat losers. I know that is just his personality.. but its still rude and annoying.

In other news i already started writing the fic! lol [offtopic]it's going to be dark and spooky. the circus is alive! and detective phil lester (possibly) gets caught up in the dark web of the circus .. specifically our lovely trapeze artist. thats all i got so far lol[/offtopic]
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
koalaselfie
living flop

Yay for all you Europe peeps who can get to see TATINOF!
Literally just returning from my hiatus from here to comment on the ls, then I'm off again, lol.
(In my humble opinion) I really didn't like Dan's ls today; one of his 'off' ones for sure. He seemed tense and moody and the topics were dull (except exciting TATINOF news, obviously) and I tried muting him and then coming back to the tab 10 minutes later to see if anything had changed but his tone was making me uncomfortable, idk. I'm obviously not recommending he be "fricking zazzed" in them if that's not what he feels, but sometimes the feeling that he'd rather be doing anything else on a tuesday but a ls is really obvious. He also seemed to be sassing people a bunch, (I mean, I guess it was in good fun, but eh, some of it felt a bit much to me). Lastly, :facepalm: at his "I've had ~~nORmal DInoF content~~ on my channel before the last three weeks" (dannyboy, that doesn't always mean satisfactory dinof content, I mean what ) and then listing his innovative ideas like ISG... Lol tbh this ls just made me wonder all over again why I like his content. Not that Dan isn't creative, he most certainly is, but #truthbomb I feel like he senses his videos are better than they are? At least content-wise; editing etc they're top-notch. Wow that sounds harsh...I'm leave now before I get chased with pitchforks. (love these spooky emojis!)
*Re-lurks.*
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Moony wrote:Can somebody explain what he meant with people tweeting him their tumblr urls? And he said that he's gonna follow people that liked his videos on tumblr or whatever afterwards?
I am so confused, since when did he start randomly following people or did I misunderstood it?
welp.
Basically after his liveshow, loads of people on Twitter spam him with their tumblr urls. The reason they do it is because he used to follow some on a Tuesday evening but I guess he's got bored of that now so is bored of people tweeting him constantly.

I really enjoyed his liveshow. I love me a bit of sassy Dan. Loved it when he called the old youtubers salty fucks haha, don't mince your words there Daniel. I'm glad they've finally announced some eurotatinof info, maybe the dates would be nice so that people can make plans before the tickets go on sale! it's a shame they only managed to secure three places but I would imagine they worked hard to try and get the others, sounds like they got a lot of knock backs. I am curious to see how well they sell now seeing as tatinof is well spoilt for Europe. Will be be as fun for the people who were waiting and watched it thinking they wouldn't tour Europe.

FYI, I've made some threads in the tatinof section for anyone wanting to meet up or discuss information.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
human
dan hand trash

violet-writer wrote:He was a bit pissy today especially when calling the chat losers. I know that is just his personality.. but its still rude and annoying.
Oh god I lived for the sass today lol. I especially loved when he was talking about the people commenting about his Tatinof content. I thought that was really rude of his "fans" to be critical of his hard work like that so I was all about it ahahaha.

wtfamidoinghere
lady door

hollyphan wrote:
wtfamidoinghere wrote::skeleton: i'm so happy tatinof is coming to berlin!

*sighs melodramatically*

if you can make it to Berlin, we could organise a little meet up! (I'm going alone, too, my friends hate me)
I mean if you like haha
(where are you from?)
Well, that would have been lovely, but in my excitement i just asked someone to come along (it was so awkward and i'm not even done explaining) and if i take her to a meet up, i'd have to explain where i met the people there and that's a stone i don't want to unturn
I didn't even think about the possibility of a meet up, now i almost regret asking her :gg:
Maybe we should make extra thread like for the us tatinof shows? Are enough people from idb attending for that to make sense?
[EDIT:
missemma wrote: FYI, I've made some threads in the tatinof section for anyone wanting to meet up or discuss information.
I'm slow]

I'm from munich btw!

I wish they'd announce the exact dates and venues a day or so before tickets go on sale, although i can't imagine tickets being hard to get ...oh the suspense :facepalm:
Philena
blobfish

I was annoyed by Dan last week, but simply adored him tonight! A+ ls

The_Blonde, pretty sure that prompt was made just for you. I mean, "and markplier was there." Can't wait to see what some writers come up with!

I think he said "the man needs to be stopped" for the sugar addiction part. I think it just glitched.

Yay for TATINOF EUROPE (kinda)! Hope whoever wants to go can. His explanation was quite interesting.

Excited for spoopy week!!!!
Last edited by Philena on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I know it's been discussed to death online already but I did like hearing his thoughts about The Walking Dead premiere. It's funny that he compared it to the Mountain vs Viper scene from Game of Thrones, when I was talking about the premiere with someone earlier today, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I was trying to think of an example of "TV-almost-too-brutal-to-watch". :(
anathema
morning quiff

sinnamonrollphil wrote:So here's the thing. I get why dan's frustrated to an extent but at the same time I feel like it's a slight problem with taking criticism? Like we've had NINE dinof videos this entire year, and six tatinof ones. and like, that's fine, im proud of him and everything, but i think it's valid to say 'you promised us you'd be back to being a youtuber and making content after tour was over, and tour has been over for months?'

also, i dont mind all the #promo for tatinof and im proud of them and everything but i get the feeling they forget they have side channels? like that VR footage should have been on the side channel. the cake scene should go there as well. its not really promo and its not really a dinof video, its something extra that should go up on the side channel imo (granted im not sure if part of it is b/c youtube red has control over that stuff, they very well could)

idk i just feel like dan was really sassy tonight and usually he walks a fine line between being funny/serious and asshole/serious and tonight felt like he was walking that line very very close to the edge
Good points! I agree that though it's understandable why Dan is frustrated (I would be too), he also needs to take into account why people are annoyed with all the tatinof spon. But I do think one thing people tend to forget is that when you watch a YouTuber like Dan or Phil, their content tends the reflect the major things that go on in their lives. And because tatinof has consumed so much of their lives lately, we tend to get stuck with just seeing that for a long period of time. And also maybe YouTube is making them do more promo's for the movies than they normally would like to do? But all that being said I do think Dan should try and be a little more understanding as to why people are annoyed. (Also I swear when he said he might not upload the cake scene because people were complaining, like Dan don't even joke about that, I need that scene in my life, and your saltiness can't take it away from me)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I'm back! Drowning in a pile of tissues and throat logenzes, but trying to get well again. (Smh fall colds, and coworker who likely got me sick)

Missed the liveshow today, thanks for the updates Congrats to EU Tatinof people! Still salty no Canadian tour, didn't think that they would do one but I can dream

Off to watch TATINOF (finally) likely will post thoughts later (waaaay overdue I know)

Also, love the new spoopy theme
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

anathema wrote:
sinnamonrollphil wrote:So here's the thing. I get why dan's frustrated to an extent but at the same time I feel like it's a slight problem with taking criticism? Like we've had NINE dinof videos this entire year, and six tatinof ones. and like, that's fine, im proud of him and everything, but i think it's valid to say 'you promised us you'd be back to being a youtuber and making content after tour was over, and tour has been over for months?'

Good points! I agree that though it's understandable why Dan is frustrated (I would be too), he also needs to take into account why people are annoyed with all the tatinof spon. But I do think one thing people tend to forget is that when you watch a YouTuber like Dan or Phil, their content tends the reflect the major things that go on in their lives. And because tatinof has consumed so much of their lives lately, we tend to get stuck with just seeing that for a long period of time. And also maybe YouTube is making them do more promo's for the movies than they normally would like to do? But all that being said I do think Dan should try and be a little more understanding as to why people are annoyed. (Also I swear when he said he might not upload the cake scene because people were complaining, like Dan don't even joke about that, I need that scene in my life, and your saltiness can't take it away from me)
I think both sides need to understand each other.
People should think before they complain because let's be real, they complain about literally everything. When Dan makes a regular video, it's too much on brand. When he makes tatinof videos, it's too much #spon content. When he makes no videos, it's not enough. When he tries something new, it's not on brand enough. Maybe thinking before complaining would be helpful. But oh well, we are humans, we love to complain.
I think Dan took it way too personal because tatinof means a lot to him. But he should've expected that not everyone would be thrilled. Hell, I loved tatinof but I'd still like to have a normal video from him or Phil. I'm so glad they have the gaming channel, what would I do without it?
So yeah, can we all just be a bit more understanding? Stupid question, as if that will happen.
Last edited by nephilimcat on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pulvis et umbra sumus
melon lord
morning quiff

When someone said "ugh" in the how are you feeling segment he said "same" so I'm guessing today was an off day.

I kind of understand where Dan's saltiness comes from. He feels really proud of TATINOF dare I say he's maybe insecure he won't manage another project of such scale ever again and I think he's defendant of his regular content because of his insecurity as a creator.

If you watched Big Bang Theory it kind of reminds me when Howard went to space and was so proud of that moment but for everyone else it was like "please shut up" and generally both sides needed adjustment.

I see both sides, tbh. I came back now when the tour was "over with" so I didn't live through two years of tatinof, so I can respect where both parties are coming from. I remember Dan when he was uploading regularly and I also remember him when he was just a fart in the wind that uploaded once in a blue moon.

But hey that's super cheeky to dangle the cake fic over our faces like that, just because of a few bad eggs doesn't mean we can't have nice things :sideeye:

Also I want a circus!Dan AU where Doot is his freaky twin brother :lol:

Btw thank you mods for the spoopy theme and emoticons

I actually wonder where Dan gets most criticism from. I mean, where does he source it? We know he's a stalker but most of tumblr either hates you or loves you, nothing in between. Is it the Youtube comments? Cause the comments... yeah :? Most of them are unfunny overdone "jokes" or screaming in caps lock about a thing they all like or "SAME"

dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

tatinof was a year ago for me and i am SO done with hearing about it

im just done with tatinof, pls rebrand and new times now pls

(even though i'd sell my soul to go to dublin and see it one more time and meet them)

im going to the q&a next wednesday so wish me luck that i might get to meet them again