Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

(gif source: phllester)

(gif source: darkphannie)

Let the discussion of our two favorite pop stars, one of whom invented musical theatre, continue here!
busy being happy~
papierklemmen
flower crown

yasss, my first ever thread name suggestion got chosen!!!

so what's planned next then, something to do with tatinof bts on AP?
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

kuensukki: (lowkey I kinda hate them for ever making me doubt phan because im obsessed again and this varying extreme emotions is totally not healthy :sideeye: )
same SO MUCH omg. i literally had a 3 month break from them and now i'm OBSESSED again
human
dan hand trash

SquishPhan wrote:Huh that is odd since I´m pretty sure that their thing started about a quarter to 5. Plus Ickle posted a pic that you can see Dan in that was taken well before 5. Also think that they were there longer than 30 minutes, since they had a bit of gap between their segments.
I also doubt that they left straight after their thing since I´ve seen them in pics with people and even in a clip of someone I am assuming is a youtuber.
Well, we were stood outside and watched everything through the glass wall. They left pretty soon after their reading tweets segment, vanishing through the magical exit and we were definitely only watching them through the glass with everyone else for like, 30-45 minutes. There were some competition winners inside who they took those pics with in-between the segments.

Mostly we enjoyed watching the general migration of people in the room towards wherever the boys were, it always fascinates me to see people drawn to them, even those who don't or won't speak to them *cough*Evan. They really are YouTube royalty and I feel quite proud of them for that.

I remember saying to Steffi afterwards; to me, Deppy are the YouTubers who have managed to perfect the YouTube game in terms of dealing with the war of subscribers and viewers, neither of them give a stuff about likes (take note, Alfie) and really enjoy and work hard and put their all into everything they do whilst maintaining complete control over their work. They continue to edit their own videos, write their own books and I think many others are just jealous of their work ethic and how they have managed to make and keep YouTube to be the thing they love doing the most. As such, as soon as they arrived, you could just see everyone wanting to discreetly flock over to them and it was interesting and lovely to see.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

is this the darla?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

human wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:Huh that is odd since I´m pretty sure that their thing started about a quarter to 5. Plus Ickle posted a pic that you can see Dan in that was taken well before 5. Also think that they were there longer than 30 minutes, since they had a bit of gap between their segments.
I also doubt that they left straight after their thing since I´ve seen them in pics with people and even in a clip of someone I am assuming is a youtuber.
Well, we were stood outside and watched everything through the glass wall. They left pretty soon after their reading tweets segment, vanishing through the magical exit and we were definitely only watching them through the glass with everyone else for like, 30-45 minutes. There were some competition winners inside who they took those pics with in-between the segments.

Mostly we enjoyed watching the general migration of people in the room towards wherever the boys were, it always fascinates me to see people drawn to them, even those who don't or won't speak to them *cough*Evan. They really are YouTube royalty and I feel quite proud of them for that.

I remember saying to Steffi afterwards; to me, Deppy are the YouTubers who have managed to perfect the YouTube game in terms of dealing with the war of subscribers and viewers, neither of them give a stuff about likes (take note, Alfie) and really enjoy and work hard and put their all into everything they do whilst maintaining complete control over their work. They continue to edit their own videos, write their own books and I think many others are just jealous of their work ethic and how they have managed to make and keep YouTube to be the thing they love doing the most. As such, as soon as they arrived, you could just see everyone wanting to discreetly flock over to them and it was interesting and lovely to see.
Maybe there was a section that you couldn't see from outside trough the glass well. Because I'm still pretty sure that Dan is in this pic and that was taken at around 2.
It is very nice though that people are drawn to them, they just have that something.
And yeah they really do know how to play the youtube game, hope that will continues on for a while. I'm excited to see what their future holds.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Didn't Dan say they only chose to wear the jackets because they saw the other two wear them in the livestream? So they would have had to be still at home. Also, one of the twins said "oh yeah you just arrived a little while ago" when Dan said that they had no idea what was happening with the guy who reveals the numbers.
Pretty sure they weren't there from the beginning.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Unrelated to anything (as always), here is a random collection of images I found while scrolling through the bowels of 2013 Tumblr -

1) You know those pictures of Dan and Phil with a little girl dressed as Snow White? The versions that circulate frequently have the colors edited significantly. Well, after some intense searching, I managed to find the originals (taken while Dan and Phil were in Switzerland for Radio 1 in September 2013).

2) Here is a set of pictures of Dan and Phil plus an assortment of other people at a Maker Studios party after VidCon (?) 2013:
3) And finally, may I present to you the most disturbingly close-up, high-resolution image of Dan's face I've ever seen in my life. (Note the tiny stubble lol.)
busy being happy~
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

squishfan wrote:Huh that is odd since I´m pretty sure that their thing started about a quarter to 5. Plus Ickle posted a pic that you can see Dan in that was taken well before 5. Also think that they were there longer than 30 minutes, since they had a bit of gap between their segments.
Yeah I said about 5 (I wasn't looking at my phone to get the precise time). They definitely weren't there beforehand from what we saw, they arrived and got their mics put on. We didn't see them before that, the only bit that wasn't visible from the window was the car track that they had. You could see the whole studio. Their section wasn't much longer than 30 minutes in total. After they finished the train seat bit they spent about 10 minutes taking photos with fans and some other people (I assume youtubers) and then they walked towards the back door. All the youtubers got some kind of box and Marianne was carrying both of theirs at this point and walked towards a door so assumed they left as they didn't reappear.

Struggling to see Dan in that photo you've posted, can you tell me where he is.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

missemma wrote:Struggling to see Dan in that photo you've posted, can you tell me where he is.
He is all the way to the left, face half cut off. Before the first big, red balloon.
Other people have also been able to spot Phil in this pic, but I haven't seen him yet.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Galactic-Howell

My first thought MATCHING BOMBER JACKETS FINALLY
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

SquishPhan wrote: He is all the way to the left, face half cut off. Before the first big, red balloon.
Other people have also been able to spot Phil in this pic, but I haven't seen him yet.
I'm not convinced, if that's half his face surely you'd be able to see his fringe? Plus it doesn't match the jacket he's wearing. If they were there early we would have seen them through the window for sure, especially if they were in that spot.
majitzu
angel bean

I love hearing about how other people interact with deppy, they are great at what they do and I feel proud of their achievements. Is great that you could see them.

What do other youtubers think of them?
Are they jelous or impressed with their fanbase?
Do they want to talk with them but feel this to antisocial dorks are unapproachable?
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

SquishPhan wrote:
missemma wrote:Struggling to see Dan in that photo you've posted, can you tell me where he is.
He is all the way to the left, face half cut off. Before the first big, red balloon.
Is it confirmed that is Dan?
human
dan hand trash

Do people mean this?

*Squints* nah that's not Dan, just a tall guy with a similar haircut I think. We never saw Dan remove his jacket and he'd had had to arrive, take it off briefly and then put it back on again for that to have any hope of even remotely being him.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

majitzu wrote: What do other youtubers think of them?
Do they want to talk with them but feel this to antisocial dorks are unapproachable?
We literally saw Evan trying to stand near them as often as possible but didn't approach them. When they did the train scenes Evan sat on the wall close by to get a better view. Cornelia and Martyn were very social though, chatting with Luke and Doug.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

human wrote:Do people mean this?

*Squints* nah that's not Dan, just a tall guy with a similar haircut I think. We never saw Dan remove his jacket and he'd had had to arrive, take it off briefly and then put it back on again for that to be him.
Yup people mean that. I'm going to be honest and say that I really think that it is Dan, or maybe there was someone there walking around that looks a lot like him and also has shaved sides. I could be very wrong, but I'm going with it that it's Dan.
Rigby
lady door

When Dan said "I kinda made Phil do it by himself like a solid minute before I joined in" my mind went to a very different place :oops:

Nice video, Dan was complimenting Phil during the whole thing, so supportive! I also laughed when someone in the audience facepalmed so hard after Phil said you could buy 7 1p sweets with 79p
JoeAverage
sad dimple

missemma wrote:
We literally saw Evan trying to stand near them as often as possible but didn't approach them. When they did the train scenes Evan sat on the wall close by to get a better view. Cornelia and Martyn were very social though, chatting with Luke and Doug.
Ugh I just saw this too:

:sideeye:
Phil Lester is a genius
000dia000
emo goose

In the live stream they mentioned they picked their bomber jackets out when they saw that the two guys presenting were wearing bomber jackets, so they may have been watching the beginning from home? Unless deppy are embellishing
:cactus:
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

hello, lurker here just come to say that Evan makes my skin crawl, goodbye friends keep up the lords work
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

If anyone wants to see something funny, I'm loving this twitter right now
https://twitter.com/pheyebrows/with_replies
dans left hand

JoeAverage wrote:
missemma wrote:
Ugh I just saw this too:

:sideeye:

God I can't stand Evan, luke and co. If they acted like deppys professional work colleagues instead of acting like deppy are some kind of huge celebrities, deppy would maybe talk to them, or even give them the attention that they desperately crave. Evan, luke and co make total fools of themselves. Them lot should actually make an effort to say hello to deppy, like you would to your collegeues. Instead they film them from afar and treat them differently from everyone else. :sideeye: :roll:
Lucyrg95 wrote:hello, lurker here just come to say that Evan makes my skin crawl, goodbye friends keep up the lords work
I agree so much ^ not sure if Luke makes my skin crawl more though.

Luke is trying to find a way in by befriending Martyn and Cornelia. It's like "fine if dan and phil don't want to be my friends, I'll befriend martyn, that will be my way in"

I do feel like deppy are always in a special world together though. I feel like they have a connection that nobody else can intrude on, especially at these YouTube events. They usually cling to each others side constantly.

That close up picture of dan. Holy shiz, I didn't know I needed that in my life

Dan missing parts of his stubble when shaving is adorbs.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Interesting to hear from human and missemma what went on, funny random luck there. How cute that Marianne was carrying their gift boxes, does make her sound a bit of a mum, but I guess any manager or PA would do things like that. Hope being looked after isn't making their brains go to mush, hence Dan's geography and Phil's maths :roll: The bomber jackets were everywhere, the twins have another one too, in burgundy, he was wearing it at Summer in the City (Niki I think). The photo of them with all the kids is adorable, it's funny to see them with such young fans when they're younger than a lot of us. Also what human said about their success and people being drawn to them, I'd never noticed that, but it's true that they've done very well to make so many things work for them.