Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

DeadlyNova wrote:It's release day and my book still hasn't shipped. I checked the mailbox hopefully but, of course, it wasn't there. I feel like I'm being a bit over dramatic, considering so many people won't have it for a long time, but this has put me in such a sour mood. I preordered it the day it was announced to ensure that I would get it on time. That was one of the only things I've had to look forward to lately.
I work at Subway and today is National Sandwich Day, meaning free food for customers and absolute hell for me. I had still been excited about this day because of the book. Now I just want it to be over. That was the light at the emd of the sandwich tunnel! Should have stuck with Amazon. Bookmark ain't worth it.
I've emailed them twice and still no response.
I'm sorry for being so negative I'm just really mad. :x
I hear you. I never got an email when it shipped and they never replied to the email I sent. Martyn even suggested emailing customer service with questions. I knew a pre order wasn't going to guarantee I would have the book in my hands on time...that's not what pre orders are for. It does suck because I too should have ordered thru Amazon and save on all that stupid shipping.

You will get it soon hang in there!
sia
living flop

uglyamerican wrote:
eevee wrote:This is nice:
coffeepenguin wrote:(all in all, more innuendos than even last year, not one no homo reaction, not one explicitly heterosexual reference - no boobs, no "what she said", a lot of just laughing instead of backtracking)
But other than that, I feel like a lot of the same things were done in monster pops as previous vids. The moaning/sex noises when putting ingredients into the bowl, talking about wanting to rub the mixture all over his body, feeding each other or giving each other the spoon to lick, eating the finished product and acting super pleasured.

I feel like this video isn't a huge huge difference from previous videos, but I like that you pointed out the lack of heterosexual references. That makes me happy Also the lack of backtracking. I think you're right that the videos are getting more and more sexual, which is cool!! I just don't think this should be super surprising, yknow?

Thank you SO much for compiling this!!
I'm late in chiming in on the latest "baking" video (still trying to catch up in this thread,) but gfc, it was goofy af! Amazing the results you get when not trying to "force" reactions 8-) One of my favorites this year

Yup, I was kinda disinterested in tatinof and spooky week, but baking video was awesome After all this years they still do the 'everything is more sexual on Dan's channel' thing and they seemed so much more relaxed
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

antigone wrote:I can't find it on the UK iBooks either :cry:

[offtopic]Do you guys remember http://snokoplasm.com/? what happened to it?[/offtopic]
Last update to their twitter was in early september, which is right about when school starts, so they are probably just too busy.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

jesuisunèléve wrote:
DeadlyNova wrote:It's release day and my book still hasn't shipped. I checked the mailbox hopefully but, of course, it wasn't there. I feel like I'm being a bit over dramatic, considering so many people won't have it for a long time, but this has put me in such a sour mood. I preordered it the day it was announced to ensure that I would get it on time. That was one of the only things I've had to look forward to lately.
I work at Subway and today is National Sandwich Day, meaning free food for customers and absolute hell for me. I had still been excited about this day because of the book. Now I just want it to be over. That was the light at the emd of the sandwich tunnel! Should have stuck with Amazon. Bookmark ain't worth it.
I've emailed them twice and still no response.
I'm sorry for being so negative I'm just really mad. :x
I hear you. I never got an email when it shipped and they never replied to the email I sent. Martyn even suggested emailing customer service with questions. I knew a pre order wasn't going to guarantee I would have the book in my hands on time...that's not what pre orders are for. It does suck because I too should have ordered thru Amazon and save on all that stupid shipping.

You will get it soon hang in there!
Update
We sent all the USA #dapgo books a few days ago (as advised by the publisher) so they should also arrive today, if not very soon
Jenny
squish
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Gosh, Im looking through DAPGO right now, and can I just say, bless their professional photographer, they took so many lovely pictures. I feel like it's a dream LOL. Never in my life would I have thought that we would have so many quality pictures of D&P

P.S I bought the digital version, so if anyone has a specific photo they want a better quality of, just let me know and I'll send you a screenshot!
Starlighthugs
tol bean

For anyone who's struggling to get the enhanced version on iTunes/iBooks, if you go to danandphilgooutside.com and click on the link it should take you to the iTunes page for it (it did on my Macbook anyway, currently downloading it now!!)
eevee
emo goose

Okay guys, I have solved my problem, so I'm going to provide the solution for anyone else who may be having the problem of it not downloading on their iBooks desktop app:

You literally just had to go to "Store" at the top and click "check for downloads." That's it. Then it magically worked. I can't believe it took me (and the iTunes rep) that long. The iTunes rep thought I was a total idiot, he was like "is your macbook actually connected to the internet?" I was like buddy. bro. son.

Anyway!! I'm off to read and listen. haha
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
000dia000
emo goose

I don't know how everybody feels about a long, long list of pics from DAGO but here's the review of it and individual parts accompanied by low quality pics someone else can get better versions of probably:
Their graphic designer deserves an award, this book is sexy. When I took it out of the parcel I stared at it for a solid minute, the binding, the smell, the weight, everything is on point. Dan was right when he said that it would make a good coffee table book, I don't know how anybody could look at it and resist not flicking through. I know we all ripped into the cover when it was first revealed but I s2g, it's beautiful, I wish I had a HD camera to show you what it's like in person:
It's so fucking beautiful, I forgot how much enthusiasm I have for looking through a book with photography through it (I used to look through an encyclopedia of baby animal photos frequently as a child). But it isn't matte like their TABINOF, this is glossy af. My camera doesn't capture it well but here's an example of what the layout is like:

I thought that I would bring to attention this page though
does anybody ever read the quoted part lol wrote: Dan Howell and Phil Lester have asserted their right to be identified as the author of this Work in accordance with with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act of 1988
I can't be the only one a little bit about it, maybe I'm just paranoid, are deppy really in these pictures or do they have stand ins?

In-depth
I was excited getting it and I'm really proud looking through, everything we wanted to see but didn't get to during the US tour is chronicled so well the touring they did, landmarks they went to and love is properly given to their crew (For once they're acknowledged!!) Also some great pics of Martyn and Cornelia (With proper mention that he's Phil's brother, but Cornelia is still the enigma, lol). Drake got a beautiful mention. Here's a picture with the "creative team": the set designer, sound engineer, director and two weirdos:
Now to bring attention to certain controversial things hey, hey
this November, we have a two page sprawl titled "le no homo"

Other mentions include Phil saying he would sing the Internet Is Here in his sleep and Dan responded saying he could hear him through the wall.
So, now the elephant out of the room?
Good, now here's something that would knock the socks off you:
Phil crouching in mud and water in white shoes.....THAT REMAIN FUCKING WHITE!
WTF is this sorcery???

Another controversial topic? Phil not being flirted with often:
Phil, if you're reading this, I have subfolders rated by the meme-worthiness of your face on my laptop. People like you, very much.

Nevertheless, Phil being flirted with? EH! Go get Danny them.
A great big gluttony of and applying
This very well looks like a prostate joke. I think it is a prostate joke. But a more kind of person would just say it's Phil making an accidental innuendo and he meant to say something innocent like a "back-rub" but the context following Dan's statement about "consent" is interesting.
Phil using Dan's voice-moistener thing (I'm too lazy to think of the actual word, mehhhh) (sorry it's sideways, omfg)
Yeah, this is Phil's hand.
Now for pictures of Phil:

Now for pictures of Dan:
Finally, conclude with pics of the boys together:
Okay, that's it. Bye.
:cactus:
visiblelurker
delia smith

"I thought that I would bring to attention this page though
Image"

Edit: not sure why it didn't insert as a quote. Sorry :/

The question I have about this page is why on earth is Cat listed in the special thanks when everyone else seems to be people with them on tour?
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

visiblelurker wrote:"I thought that I would bring to attention this page though
Image"

The question I have about this page is why on earth is Cat listed in the special thanks when everyone else seems to be people with them on tour?
dapgo spoiler
cat has a few photos with them in the book and took a photo or two. Giving credit where credit is due I guess?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
visiblelurker
delia smith

confusedpanda wrote:
visiblelurker wrote:"I thought that I would bring to attention this page though
Image"

dapgo spoiler
cat has a few photos with them in the book and took a photo or two. Giving credit where credit is due I guess?
That makes sense. I had forgotten those originated on her social media. :facepalm: Would also explain why other youtubers pictured weren't listed. Thanks. :thumb:
eevee
emo goose

Okay I finally was able to go through the book! Reactions with screenshots as well as some notes about the enhanced version's audio, out of order so sorry:
Reactions for the screenshot are underneath the corresponding screenshot:

original recipes

new recipes. Spot the difference: pineapple juice/bitters! Which is it?? I wanna make this drink! I'm also gonna need proportions. C'mon, boys!

Anyway, let's talk about all the alcohol spottings in the book! As a fanfic author and an alcohol drinker I am way too interested in what kind of alcohol they like to drink, so here are the alcohol pics in the book:

Thanks to dizzy who posted where this drink was! I looked at their site and couldn't actually find a drink menu though. Quite sad as I really wanted to know what was in it. Any guesses?
cheeky marg blog tbt
Hopefully I didn't miss any!! Moving on:

Dan got some big Ds........vitamin Ds....

meme king? nah, Dan's the meme queen!

Possibly the most sexual blurb in the entire book.........

oooooh my god

for some reason. Because normally, Phil feeds him medicine and he's completely willing. Which leads us to:

We are so fucking blessed.

Dan relating to a trashcan. Same.

Trashcan joke #2. Bonus: Dan identifying as Phil Trash #1

did....did he pay them....for the damage....

The colors of tatinof....are like the rainbow but more. k.

Alert alert!!! Phil is balding!!!

holy cheekbones

chessing......each other..........a n g r i l y

Confirmed: domestic life with Dan and Phil entails Dan driving everywhere.

One of the times that they refer to themselves or each other as Philly/Danny.

One more

erotic cooking mention

holy neck rolls. (bonus: we can learn about them by analyzing the contents of their fridge)

holy neck rolls again.

I don't understand this joke can someone hold my hand

A dream about Evan P. With waffles. Weren't we talking about waffles being a euphemism for orgasms? Hmm. Curious.

Trope sighting: huddling for warmth

confirmed: Phil has never had a very moist experience.

They share shirts all the time so I have no idea why they felt like pointing out here that they're sharing socks but whatevs lol

Why can't Phil be pumped? let him be pumped. #LetPhilBePumped

Phil said Dan looked very "draw me like a french girl" I think it's safe to say that's Phil Lester for "sexy"

I'm sorry but they made a point to go to the golden gate bridge for sunset, to watch the sunset together, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, goodbye, g o d d y be

I wouldn't be Eevee McNo Consent Jokes Allowed if I didn't bring attention to this! It's so funny to joke about being sexually assaulted!

Bonus: consent joke from Phil! I'm a real happy camper!!!

Random thought: Lots of pics with Phil family. Some of Dan’s…dog

And now for some audio notes from the enhanced version:

“See that picture of Phil? He didn’t even consent to me putting that in” consent joke number #348

Dan doesn’t like neck pillows. They didn’t work. Phil’s was like a best friend to him.

They were talking about Chandeliers and Dan started singing “the phantom of the tatinof” in a high voice! Sadly he stopped after that line though ):

The UK tour had sparks!!!!!! What. America said no ):

Dan ripped his pants from his knee to his butt at the Leeds show on the llama

Busgate montage: “I’m glad this montage took up a whole spread” and banter about how they had so many pictures…Nothing about how the bunk was uncomfortable or anything even about how Dan slept in the bunk, just that they were glad this was a spread. Passive aggressive fucks.

Phil said “hey I’m walking here” on the NY page but Dan refused to do a NY accent, hehe. It was quite cute.

If Dan and Phil were thrown into the forest to survive, Phil would not drink his own pee and Dan said they would die after 2 hours.

Dan said everyone thought they weren’t really jumping in the insta HQ pic. He assured us that they were jumping.

Dan thinks his nipples are beautiful
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

Funny things about DAPGO Canadian print:

- Dan giving the middle finger is censored.
- D & P's custom drink list of contents is altered, the alcohol is taken out.

Spine has a blue back with text on top.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
JoeAverage
sad dimple

000dia000 wrote:
Another controversial topic? Phil not being flirted with often:
Phil, if you're reading this, I have subfolders rated by the meme-worthiness of your face on my laptop. People like you, very much.

Nevertheless, Phil being flirted with? EH! Go get Danny them.
If only he knew about the quantity of photos that I have of him, oh dear

Btw this smilie just got 100 times better now that the theory has risen 8-) -->
-dying with the prostate joke. Thank you philip
000dia000 wrote: Now for pictures of Phil:
I just saved all these in my three different devices and I think this proves my point on how fake that "nobody flirts with me" statement is, but Philly probs has to lie in order to not rile Dan up, so I guess that's ok.
000dia000 wrote: Finally, conclude with pics of the boys together:
Okay, that's it. Bye.
DO-MES-TIC
Last edited by jesp on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed spoiler tags
Phil Lester is a genius
vincentian
hobbit hair

I got DAPGO as a e-book (on kindle app) and read throughout the day during breaks, have to say my mind was wandering all day instead of concentrating on work lol. Felt kinda ovewhelemed by so much HD material, but it was a very pleasant experience. The candid&professional photos are all great, the text captions are rather interesting and I am surprised by how totally unexcessive the content of the book is in addition to the doco/everything that was on social media during tour. Spoilery reaction below.
I liked how the book was organized. The juxtaposition of certain pictures was funny, I liked the series of Phil and wild nature etc. Fave pictures are from the crew introduction chapter, from visiting New York, San Francisco , Florida. Spreads do not work that well in e-book though. It looks like they spent way more time exploring and visiting touristy places despite being busy.

Happy it sheds light on some things that people (I) felt were not covered properly in documentary or in liveshows. Like more in-depth introduction of their tour crew and merch team, details of their travels and certain incidents, the other half/matching picture of the other person (like Hawaiian shirts, getting ear moulds etc.). It’s like there are multiple layers of the same reality show that is Deppy’s life – their social media accounts – then liveshows – then documentary – then this book (gotta catch all of them to complete the puzzle lol).

The text captions, despite being partly on-brand, were still rather refreshing, and occasionally felt sincere. Did they feel too exposed to say certain things in the doco as it is targeted at the more wide audience, so included them in this book in text form instead? Should they communicate important stuff via text from now on instead of videos? Got to see a more mature side of them as level-headed self-aware humans. Loved the page dedicated to Dil – it's a joke in itself they keep dragging on, Phil's notes on awkward room service encounters was a nice touch, things overheard on tour are hilarious. Some “dialogues” between black and blue text were funny and felt not forced. In general the book felt low-key but good.

Favourite text quotes below:
1) This
vs
Convenient indeed.

2) Good to hear.

3) Self-aware.

4) Wish they gave even more details.
lilMango
morning quiff

;)
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

lilMango wrote:;)
Gotta get those sweet waffles ;)
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
iero
phabergé

i've not bought the book but from the photos i've seen i really like it. lots of domestic + the captions i've read so far were v entertaining
y are u so pretty
Philena
blobfish

Wait. Is that really the pic from the book? My kindle version has the bird riding an alligator pic from Phil's instagram.

I have the digital version (not enhanced), and it's okay. Went to Target today and took a look at the hard copy, and it's so much nicer. Imo, if you have to choose, go for the physical book.

Also, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised to see my alma mater represented in printed form for something other than a sports related scandal. Go Buckeyes!
Is everyone too busy reading to comment? So quiet today!

My fave twitter reaction to Phil's rap comes from Cornelia (and summarizes deppy pretty well).
JoeAverage
sad dimple

I was not expecting this. wow. guys maybe the next video it's going to be them making out on camera?, at this point I wouldn't even be that suprised. Not complaining, keep it coming boys

-and yes philena it has been kinda dead here, I don't get my book til almost December so I'm stuck with whatever you guys throw at me, and awww I love how lovingly Cornelia talks about phil, it's like that vid where she is playing the omnichord on deppys living room and she acts like an older sister cracking up at her weird lil brothers antics. she should feature in a video of his!!! I need it!
Phil Lester is a genius
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Vegas related dapgo spoiler
First i was curious about the drink Dan had in vegas, he had a red drink with goldish rim, and later at dinner he also had a red drink with a gold rim, he loves a good rim doesn't he.
I can't find what drinks he had but i did find the drink menu

Lunch at Eiffel Tower restaurant Drink menu

Dinner at Picasso (thanks to alittledizzy's info!) Drink menu
Philena
blobfish

akui wrote:Vegas related dapgo spoiler
First i was curious about the drink Dan had in vegas, he had a red drink with goldish rim, and later at dinner he also had a red drink with a gold rim, he loves a good rim doesn't he.
I can't find what drinks he had but i did find the drink menu

Lunch at Eiffel Tower restaurant Drink menu

Dinner at Picasso (thanks to alittledizzy's info!) Drink menu
I think that's a Patron Gold Cosmo! (Of course it is :roll: )
majitzu
angel bean

ok can someone tell me exactly in what page is this picture? I just rey to find it in my kindle version andi nowhere to be seen ... :sideeye:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

That picture isn't from the book a fan just added Phil's caption to it.
majitzu
angel bean

pearshaped34 wrote:That picture isn't from the book a fan just added Phil's caption to it.
yeah, i suppose that was the case. Thanks