Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

akui wrote:
rizzo wrote:
akui wrote:
visiblelurker wrote:
missemma wrote:
Anyone who was on Deppys bus - so D&P, Drake, the two management girls, Mark (photographer when he was with them) and one other guy who I don't know.
So how many bunks were on the bus again? lol
6 bunks
#phrakeconfirmed
I am so sorry there's only 4 bunks! I clearly don't know how to count, but Dan and Phil don't know how to lie either! So brace yourself, here comes more #busgate related dapgo spoiler!
I think there are 6 ppl on the bus, deppy, fleur, drake, marianne and mark, according to this photo.
But there's only 4 bunks!
So you do the math.

And further more, look at the color of the pillow at the bottom bunk!
Now look at this picture from dapgo
And look at the docu

He was on the bottom bunk in dapgo and top bunk in docu!

#Phake exposed.
Correction! Turned out there are 6 bunks after all. :sideeye:
000dia000
emo goose

akui wrote: I am so sorry there's only 4 bunks! I clearly don't know how to count, but Dan and Phil don't know how to lie either! So brace yourself, here comes more #busgate related dapgo spoiler!
I think there are 6 ppl on the bus, deppy, fleur, drake, marianne and mark, according to this photo.
But there's only 4 bunks!
So you do the math.

And further more, look at the color of the pillow at the bottom bunk!
Now look at this picture from dapgo
And look at the docu

He was on the bottom bunk in dapgo and top bunk in docu!

#Phake exposed.
Arguably, they could share pillow cases
BUT I would match the position of a door hinge beside Dan's head with the position of the hinge beside each bunk, the hinge of the bottom bunk matches the close up of his face also the angle of the photograph looks as if it was taken from above in the close up, unless the photographer is super tall he would have had to assume a weird position in order to get that close up in the top bunk
On the 4 bunk but 6 people situation, didn't someone mention that Drake said he was too big to comfortably sleep in the bunk so slept on the sofa?
Good call though
:cactus:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Rigby wrote:
majitzu wrote::rofl:
Here you have #teagate, but is not really a mystery cause you can see clearly who spilled the tea

edit: now that I watch it again, it was definitely Phil :sideeye:
Yeah, definitely Phil, he slightly pushes the table with his leg and that triggers the domino effect
Still, why on earth would Dan bring a vase to the stage?
Aesthetic ;) I can't remember exactly what he said, but the table was initially empty and he'd seen the flowers (not sure if outside or backstage) so brought them to brighten it up (of course the books they laid out in between did that anyway).

Re: bedsheets and pillowcases, they could also have just changed them sometime over 2 months. I just find it impressive they can fit 3 bunks in that space, and also that maybe Drake had the pleasure of sleeping in one. Maybe someone actually slept on a sofa instead, even if it's less flat it has room to stretch (I don't know how we'd know for sure, I'm just marvelling at how he and/or Dan could stand it).
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Are we srly talking about busgate again? It seems this shall always be a talked about mistery, right up there with those cruise ships and planes that vanish.

Anyway, I personally was sold that Dan def didnt sleep in the bunk with the simple fact that he never complained besides that one time in the doc, this boy literally gets paid to waffle for an hour to his adoring fans every week on the Internet, and half of those times those chats are opinions and the other half are complains about sth, he really can't avoid it, that's his nature, I get it, its ok, I'm like that too, can't hold it in and I'm kinda a diva who can't be uncomfortable without dying. So the fact that this whole bed situation never once came up, either on youknow (where even phil has complained about his neck pains he was having lately) or twitter (not counting that rock paper scissors tweet a million years ago) it outstanding and frankly unbelievable.

-on the tea spilling thing: obviously Phil was framed, and is not to be blamed, his precious shakira hips cannot be controlled and danyul bringing sth frail like a vase to the table (even if it was for aesthetic) has put us all in danger. So I rest my case that Phil is innocent and should not be judged. Thank you
Phil Lester is a genius
melon lord
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

I'm sorry for butting in on the convo with what is probably a REALLY stupid question, but

I went to Dan's playlist to watch the videos from new to old and one of the recent ones are privated?

Does anyone know what video was between Roast Yourself and Fancy Meal? Was this always a thing and I never realised or did this happen recently? :?

Rigby
lady door

It was probably one of those audience participation videos they did for TATINOF.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Melon lord it was the exam one wasn't it?

The red thing in the pic looks to me either like a placenta or a set of balls/a bum, I can't tell if it's 'heart' shaped or not enough from that photo? Or maybe I'm just
majitzu
angel bean

melon lord wrote:I'm sorry for butting in on the convo with what is probably a REALLY stupid question, but

I went to Dan's playlist to watch the videos from new to old and one of the recent ones are privated?

Does anyone know what video was between Roast Yourself and Fancy Meal? Was this always a thing and I never realised or did this happen recently? :?
Between them is "How to survive exams" that is still there, and the one that is deleted/privated is How to participate in the Dan and Phil Tour!
melon lord
morning quiff

majitzu wrote:
melon lord wrote:I'm sorry for butting in on the convo with what is probably a REALLY stupid question, but

Between them is "How to survive exams" that is still there, and the one that is deleted/privated is How to participate in the Dan and Phil Tour!

Thank you! :D I thought it was the exam one but I didn't see it in the playlist, so I got confused. I guess the tour one makes more sense!

soma
phillion/danosaur <//3

Seeing some of the bus photos from the book makes me think about the bus sleeping arrangements again (sorry).

I mean if deppy are in a relationship, were they hiding their relationship 24/7 for two months? (...three months? how long was the tour again?) It didn't seem like deppy were that close to the crew who slept in the same bus so I'm guessing they wouldn't know. Did the others analyse (well probably not) them sleeping in the same bed (once again - if that was the case) or did they just think that two best friends were platonically sleeping in the same bed?

I'm just rambling nonsense but what do you think? ?
kuensukki
janice from the shop

JoeAverage wrote:Are we srly talking about busgate again? It seems this shall always be a talked about mistery, right up there with those cruise ships and planes that vanish.

Anyway, I personally was sold that Dan def didnt sleep in the bunk with the simple fact that he never complained besides that one time in the doc, this boy literally gets paid to waffle for an hour to his adoring fans every week on the Internet, and half of those times those chats are opinions and the other half are complains about sth, he really can't avoid it, that's his nature, I get it, its ok, I'm like that too, can't hold it in and I'm kinda a diva who can't be uncomfortable without dying. So the fact that this whole bed situation never once came up, either on youknow (where even phil has complained about his neck pains he was having lately) or twitter (not counting that rock paper scissors tweet a million years ago) it outstanding and frankly unbelievable.

-on the tea spilling thing: obviously Phil was framed, and is not to be blamed, his precious shakira hips cannot be controlled and danyul bringing sth frail like a vase to the table (even if it was for aesthetic) has put us all in danger. So I rest my case that Phil is innocent and should not be judged. Thank you
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

mermaid blood wrote:wow, that is super irritating to release differing versions missing whole photos and anecdotes. and it's definitely not for the sake of any teens buying it.

if they're altering content to appease to parents flicking through, are those parents actually watching the source of the book they're buying for their kid? they've just uploaded content like Halloween Baking 2016 and they swear, make drug, drinking and sex jokes on their gaming channel and Dan's channel and always have...
i completely agree ! it's upsetting to me that they released a censored version of the book. like, what for? like you said, dinof and dapg are plenty explicit- seeing grown men drinking alcohol- which is something most people's parents do- isn't going to suddenly make me want to chug a bottle of wine or something. america is ridiculous.
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
eevee
emo goose

tylerrjoseph wrote:i completely agree ! it's upsetting to me that they released a censored version of the book. like, what for? like you said, dinof and dapg are plenty explicit- seeing grown men drinking alcohol- which is something most people's parents do- isn't going to suddenly make me want to chug a bottle of wine or something. america is ridiculous.
idk about you but I for one had no idea that dan and phil even knew what alcohol was, despite them tweeting about it and there being pics of them drinking. I was shocked and appalled that my American version of the DAPG eBook depicted alcohol, and I immediately went to the liquor store and robbed it. Then I drank an entire bottle of Vodka and became an alcoholic. I can only imagine this is what would happen to anyone else in my position...thank god the American physical book is censored for the wellbeing of North America...
soma wrote:I mean if deppy are in a relationship, were they hiding their relationship 24/7 for two months? (...three months? how long was the tour again?) It didn't seem like deppy were that close to the crew who slept in the same bus so I'm guessing they wouldn't know. Did the others analyse (well probably not) them sleeping in the same bed (once again - if that was the case) or did they just think that two best friends were platonically sleeping in the same bed?

I'm just rambling nonsense but what do you think? ?
I ponder this sometimes. I'm interested in how many people on the tour think/know that dan and phil are in a relationship. I would imagine it'd a bit of a "don't ask don't tell" kind of deal. I think it would be far too risky for dan and phil to disclose to such a large group of strangers that they are indeed in a relationship, so i think they avoid PDA such as kissing/hand holding in front of the crew. That being said I don't think it's something they've made clear to the crew, i.e never actually flat out denied it. The crew is probably mature enough not to flat out ask them and to respect their privacy. That way they can share the bed on the tour bus and just let people assume what they want. I guess? That's my analysis but I'm not claiming to know anything for fact, I honestly have no idea what they did, for all we know they made everyone sign an NDA. I just feel like "don't ask don't tell" approach is the most likely.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
annetamiau
lady door

Regarding busgate: I was sold on them sleeping together (and still am) but the book makes me wonder. I agree with eevee, and I'm sure that, IF they are in a relationship, they never make anything clear and just don't do PDA, which probably makes people around them ask themselves the kind of questions we ask oursleves daily (we have much less insight though).

However, there were so many people with them in their bus that I'm kinda having second thoughts. We can assume their management knows and Drake might have had some kind of contract, but what about the photographer? He was in the bus with them for like half the tour and was neither a close friend nor part of their management. It's like the puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit. (I don't even know where I'm going with this, I haven't even read the book).
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
swofro
angel bean

Rigby wrote:
majitzu wrote::rofl:
Here you have #teagate, but is not really a mystery cause you can see clearly who spilled the tea

edit: now that I watch it again, it was definitely Phil :sideeye:
Yeah, definitely Phil, he slightly pushes the table with his leg and that triggers the domino effect
Still, why on earth would Dan bring a vase to the stage?
That was totally Phil. Look at his leg. He is such a clumsy angel with two left feet I want to hug him.

I still haven't gotten my dapgo (because uk version take a longer time to get here god knows why, geography probably) and still avoiding spoilers, thanks for tagging them peeps :D
Love is forever
mio
#relatable

annetamiau wrote:Regarding busgate: I was sold on them sleeping together (and still am) but the book makes me wonder. I agree with eevee, and I'm sure that, IF they are in a relationship, they never make anything clear and just don't do PDA, which probably makes people around them ask themselves the kind of questions we ask oursleves daily (we have much less insight though).

However, there were so many people with them in their bus that I'm kinda having second thoughts. We can assume their management knows and Drake might have had some kind of contract, but what about the photographer? He was in the bus with them for like half the tour and was neither a close friend nor part of their management. It's like the puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit. (I don't even know where I'm going with this, I haven't even read the book).
Wasn't the photographer an old friend of Phil?

IMO they probably shared the bed and told the crew it was just more convenient, no further questions asked, and that they were doing the fake pictures because of shippers reaction
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
jesp
why bother

Moderating

We'll be allowing open spoilers for dapgo from midnight tonight UK time, so that's three hours from the time of this post. If you still want to remain unspoiled, avoiding the forum until you have the book would be best.
annetamiau
lady door

mio wrote:
annetamiau wrote:Regarding busgate: I was sold on them sleeping together (and still am) but the book makes me wonder. I agree with eevee, and I'm sure that, IF they are in a relationship, they never make anything clear and just don't do PDA, which probably makes people around them ask themselves the kind of questions we ask oursleves daily (we have much less insight though).

IMO they probably shared the bed and told the crew it was just more convenient, no further questions asked, and that they were doing the fake pictures because of shippers reaction
They went to the same high school and were in the same year, but I wouldn't say they were particularly close. Apparently (aka according to twitter advanced search) they didn't keep in touch after school. They were not strangers but I'm not sure 'friends' is the best suited word either.
vogonsrock
squish

annetamiau wrote:
mio wrote:

They went to the same high school and were in the same year, but I wouldn't say they were particularly close. Apparently (aka according to twitter advanced search) they didn't keep in touch after school. They were not strangers but I'm not sure 'friends' is the best suited word either.
In the book under 'Our Crew' Phil describes Mark "who, funnily enough, is my friend from school who I grew up with! It was refreshing to have a northern accent on the bus" I don't know how actually close a friend Phil saying 'who I grew up with' makes him, but to me it seems that they know each other pretty well. I'm sure he was mentioned during the tour in some tweets too? but could well be wrong there.
annetamiau
lady door

vogonsrock wrote:
annetamiau wrote:
mio wrote:

In the book under 'Our Crew' Phil describes Mark "who, funnily enough, is my friend from school who I grew up with! It was refreshing to have a northern accent on the bus" I don't know how actually close a friend Phil saying 'who I grew up with' makes him, but to me it seems that they know each other pretty well. I'm sure he was mentioned during the tour in some tweets too? but could well be wrong there.
Thanks! :) I didn't know that, this clarifies everything I was wondering about (as I said, I haven't read the book and just did an advanced google search).
majitzu
angel bean

This took me by surprise, and it shouldn't because we knew Phil was going on holiday to Florida and we knew Martyn and their parents are already there. Anyway can someone tell me the exact day of the dapgo event?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

This went up pretty quick. Excited to watch it. :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker

majitzu wrote: This took me by surprise, and it shouldn't because we knew Phil was going on holiday to Florida and we knew Martyn and their parents are already there. Anyway can someone tell me the exact day of the dapgo event?
It's Monday 14th. Funny that they're in Florida again, but I guess they've had a hectic year. Feel for Dan, though maybe he likes some time alone in cold rainy England

Yay, video. Pretty quick really
Winston
flower crown

I recognize a few people in the opening photo for the video! :clapping: ;) Hi guys! You know who you are!

actions speak louder than words
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Winston wrote::rofl: I recognize a few people in the opening photo for the video! :clapping: ;) Hi guys! You know who you are!
Yeah, they're cute! Also a few artists whose work I've seen a lot are a few rows back. At 2.05 I'm also in the bottom right (glasses, hair tied back, red jumper). Gonna go watch on TV now we're TiVo'ed up.