Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Image Image
Image Image
(gif source: danhowellgifs)

busy being happy~
anathema
morning quiff

starlight-still wrote:
Dan's ls. I came in late so I had to go back and watch the beginning but now that I've seen it:

- Many people have already mentioned him being pissy/sassy/etc. He was giving off crabstickz-level idgaf vibes, that's for sure. Honestly, he just seems a bit stressed, probably because spooky week means shooting and editing five videos on top of whatever else they're doing this week to get ready for DAPGO, and then they're rolling into a pretty intensive schedule until December. They're facing a lot of demands over the next several weeks but they certainly know how to keep each other's head in the game by now.
- The cirque AU, love that he was so game. Might have to check out the resulting story!
- Just shifting topics and talking about Dr. Strange, he didn’t even do his generic male name thing, just threw it out there like the no fucks Daniel that he is today.
- His gesture and facial expression when he was like “Dan and Phil gig”
- Between the slip ups during the PSL part, the “don’t have time for you losers” rant, the arm-stretchy thing when announcing Euro TATINOF, and the chocolate ball confusion are we sure this is not Phil in a Dan suit? It is spooky week after all (imagine, though, if in some alternate universe where it was entirely possible they took each other’s places to let off steam and let parts of their personality that they usually hide shine).
- OK, who are these “people” on his channel he keeps ribbing? Whoever it is, they prompted him to do multiple callouts in one ls, so they must’ve struck a nerve. I hope whatever was said it wasn’t disrespectful to them and the work they put into TATINOF. Update: OK, I went to look at the comments on the 360 video and there’s one thread talking about his old videos. The conversation itself isn’t particularly rude, poor forum choice posting it on his video instead of on another site (such as here :thumb:) perhaps. That being said, if this is how he reacts to that one thread, there’s no way in heck he makes a habit out of lurking or every ls would be a sixty nine minute reactive rant. Perhaps in a moment of weakness he peeked and then gave no fucks about responding.
I'd reeeeally hate to go there but the whole "well fine then you're not getting the cake scene" kinda reminded me of the first part of this (I mean...he even got all up in the camera):

oh my god this made my day
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

anyone had the thought that maybe phil has moved out of the london apartment? and maybe he just comes to the apartment on sundays to do liveshows? so that the fans arent alarmed that hes moved out?

only reason i say this is -

havent heard phil clanging in the kitchen for a while in dans liveshows. the way phil doesnt pop up in the background in dans liveshows to go into his the bedroom??

whats that about? i wish there was a way to check if he is still listed as living there lmao (not to go full stalker mode or anything lol)

just really weird and random thoughts i am having?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Honestly, the thing that bothered me most in that liveshow was Dan talking about not wanting to call us fans. Like, I don't give a shit if I'm called a fan. That's what I am. I've bought merch. I've gone to a show. I consume and discuss all the content. That about covers all bases for defining a "fan." He's made this community/audience argument before and I took significant note of it then and afterwards began noticing how often he lets the word "fans" slip. So, if it's just semantics, let's not pretend we're on a moral high ground here.
sinnamonrollphil wrote:
mio wrote:
melon lord wrote: I actually wonder where Dan gets most criticism from. I mean, where does he source it? We know he's a stalker but most of tumblr either hates you or loves you, nothing in between. Is it the Youtube comments? Cause the comments... yeah :? Most of them are unfunny overdone "jokes" or screaming in caps lock about a thing they all like or "SAME"
I've been wondering about the same thing. Tumblr hypes everythign they do and youtube comments are just a big mess. (I didn't know for years that there were actually reasonable people discussing and critizising them before I found this place)
So, how deep does the lurking go, Mr Howell?
not saying he stalks this forum but let's be real
I feel like I'm always the first one to pull on my tin hat for this, but they DEF read here. This forum is jam-packed with people commenting about how they're ready for the rebranding. Can't wait for new videos. Are Deppy moving now that TATINOF is over? Is it over yet? TATINOF more like TATINOT. (Myself included.) And our buddy Danyul over-exaggerates in his mind probs just as much as he does when he talks, so I can totally see him taking it to heart.

Point being, you'll never convince me they don't regularly read here.

Also literally everything trashqueen said. Just call me trashqueen....... trash. :lol:
anathema
morning quiff

dans left hand wrote:anyone had the thought that maybe phil has moved out of the london apartment? and maybe he just comes to the apartment on sundays to do liveshows? so that the fans arent alarmed that hes moved out?

havent heard phil clanging in the kitchen for a while in dans liveshows. the way phil doesnt pop up in the background in dans liveshows to go into his the bedroom??

whats that about? i wish there was a way to check if he is still listed as living there lmao (not to go full stalker mode or anything lol)

just really weird and random thoughts i am having?
I've watched at least 30 of Dan's liveshows and I can count the amount of times I've heard/seen Phil in the background on two hands (maybe even one). Just because we can't hear him doesn't mean he's not there! And even if he did move out I highly doubt he would pretend to still live there? And why would he even move out? I don't know I just don't think there's any reason to believe anything other than he still lives there I just think he's just quiet (or maybe he's even out sometimes?). And also just last week he was there during Dan's ls (he got the pizza) so? And a week or two before that you could hear clanging in the kitchen.
majitzu
angel bean

How do you think thereis even a little possibility of Phil not living there, like how? Are we watching the same people?
eevee
emo goose

re: "fans"

This is my theory and hear me out: Dan and Phil know damn well that we are their fans. They've accepted it fully and know it and have no problem with it. We also embrace and accept it. The "phandom." Etc. HOWEVER, there is a sort of culture within the youtube creator world to not refer to yourself as a celebrity or call your viewers "fans." I believe this is because the creators believe that their fans will get angry if they call themselves famous or admit they have fans, because it is putting them on a high horse and it looks conceited. Not only that, but these youtubers are supposedly accessible celebrities, like, we feel like we're that person's friend. We feel a stronger connection to the youtuber than you would feel to a conventional celebrity who doesn't share their life as intimately online. Therefore I can see how people can feel upset if youtubers associate themselves and identify with conventional celebrities, because the fans like the idea that their youtube idols are accessible (even though in reality theyre not actually more accessible or less famous to an extent).

I personally identify as a fan but I could see where the conflict lays.

re: we don't deserve the cake scene

Look, I understand that there will always be at least 1 phandom member who doesn't like something Dan puts up, no matter what it is, but if there's overwhelming negative reaction, he should consider it. He's literally famous because of the viewers. He's literally rich because of the viewers. So honestly I think it's really childish for him to not only dismiss their feedback, but say that our behavior deserves punishment. Fucking rude if you ask me and I'm not cool with it.

I'll still stan tho, because fuck him
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

re: we don't deserve the cake scene

okay. this is gonna come off offensive, probably. i'm in a bad mood,,

to be completely honest, i'm so fucking tired of dan teasing the shit out of everything. they know what we want but they refuse to give it to us. it was funny once or twice, but they've pushed it a bit too far for me now. do they understand that a good amount of us are getting annoyed now? if they don't want to post it, then that's what they should say. it'd be a hell of a lot easier than hyping us all up for nothing and then complaining when we get disappointed.
on the same topic- something about dan saying we don't deserve things or 'phil doesnt want to talk to you why should he waste his time' upsets me quite a bit. i know he probably thinks he's being funny, but it feels more like he's talking down to us than anything. just irks me a bit to hear that he thinks we 'don't deserve it' when really without us they'd be nowhere.

whew. like i said. i'm not in a good mood today. apologies.

--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
fancybum
senpai

dans left hand wrote:anyone had the thought that maybe phil has moved out of the london apartment? and maybe he just comes to the apartment on sundays to do liveshows? so that the fans arent alarmed that hes moved out?

Phil probably moved out after getting married, which logically must have happened just after they finished tatinof (his birthday is coming up after all, and he can't stay single past 30, I hear he'll turn to stone). It's nice his new spouse still lets him go off with Dan to Brighton for birthday parties and to movie screenings. Hope Dan isn't third-wheeling too much though, that would be kind of awkward (yet very on brand). Also it's pretty nice of Phil to leave all of his crap still cluttering the shelves, that way at least Dan has lots of DVDs and games to fill his time all alone in the flat.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

fancybum wrote:

Phil probably moved out after getting married, which logically must have happened just after they finished tatinof (his birthday is coming up after all, and he can't stay single past 30, I hear he'll turn to stone). It's nice his new spouse still lets him go off with Dan to Brighton for birthday parties and to movie screenings. Hope Dan isn't third-wheeling too much though, that would be kind of awkward (yet very on brand). Also it's pretty nice of Phil to leave all of his crap still cluttering the shelves, that way at least Dan has lots of DVDs and games to fill his time all alone in the flat.
oh yes. what's his spouse's name i heard? was it...
daisy?

:gg:
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I have no doubt Phil lives there still but they do seem to have become extremely anti joint liveshows recently.There was a time we got a Phil appearance to announce things like them holidaying in Japan. Now Dan announces things like DAPGO and TATINOF Europe without Phil being there. I get not wanting to do weekly appearance in the others show but I find only one of them being there when announcing fairly big things in both their careers odd.
And I really was expecting a joint LS after their content went on YTR but they replaced the ls with a twitter session (to my immense disappointment).
Apparently liveshows have became like their one and only solo projects.
fancybum wrote: Phil probably moved out after getting married, which logically must have happened just after they finished tatinof (his birthday is coming up after all, and he can't stay single past 30, I hear he'll turn to stone). It's nice his new spouse still lets him go off with Dan to Brighton for birthday parties and to movie screenings. Hope Dan isn't third-wheeling too much though, that would be kind of awkward (yet very on brand). Also it's pretty nice of Phil to leave all of his crap still cluttering the shelves, that way at least Dan has lots of DVDs and games to fill his time all alone in the flat.
Don't forget Phil thoughtfully replacing his dead plants after the tour so Dan has something to take care of. Or the shrimp project he started in Dan's living room. I bet Dan feels much less alone because Phil keeps leaving live things all over the house for him.
His probably sad Phil left really, it's probably why he stores the suitcases outside his door rather than in Phil's empty room. His not ready to face his not there yet.
rizzo wrote:Honestly, the thing that bothered me most in that liveshow was Dan talking about not wanting to call us fans. Like, I don't give a shit if I'm called a fan. That's what I am. I've bought merch. I've gone to a show. I consume and discuss all the content. That about covers all bases for defining a "fan." He's made this community/audience argument before and I took significant note of it then and afterwards began noticing how often he lets the word "fans" slip. So, if it's just semantics, let's not pretend we're on a moral high ground here.
Yeah I view myself as a fan of Dan and Phil and have no issues with being called that.
Honestly Dan trying to pretend the "relationship" between a youtuber and their audience is something deeper or more meaningful than that just makes me want to cringe so badly. I do think he only says it because he believes being called fans upsets the fans but that fact only makes me want to cringe more.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
sinnamonrollphil
drama llama

eevee wrote:re: "fans"

This is my theory and hear me out: Dan and Phil know damn well that we are their fans. They've accepted it fully and know it and have no problem with it. We also embrace and accept it. The "phandom." Etc. HOWEVER, there is a sort of culture within the youtube creator world to not refer to yourself as a celebrity or call your viewers "fans." I believe this is because the creators believe that their fans will get angry if they call themselves famous or admit they have fans, because it is putting them on a high horse and it looks conceited. Not only that, but these youtubers are supposedly accessible celebrities, like, we feel like we're that person's friend. We feel a stronger connection to the youtuber than you would feel to a conventional celebrity who doesn't share their life as intimately online. Therefore I can see how people can feel upset if youtubers associate themselves and identify with conventional celebrities, because the fans like the idea that their youtube idols are accessible (even though in reality theyre not actually more accessible or less famous to an extent).
so I bolded the parts i really agree with because yeah, i think that's exactly it. it's probably a combination of 'i dont want to upset the few fans who will be offended or will think we arent #relatable' and 'i dont want other creators to think im being that guy' although to be honest the london youtuber scene is overall really pretentious for the most part so i can see why he doesnt want to be associated with that crowd and would avoid using that type of superiority language, but i do think there has been enough slip ups that i'm comfortable saying they most likely view us as fans, i feel like at this point it would be hard not to
tylerrjoseph wrote:re: we don't deserve the cake scene

okay. this is gonna come off offensive, probably. i'm in a bad mood,,

to be completely honest, i'm so fucking tired of dan teasing the shit out of everything. they know what we want but they refuse to give it to us. it was funny once or twice, but they've pushed it a bit too far for me now. do they understand that a good amount of us are getting annoyed now? if they don't want to post it, then that's what they should say. it'd be a hell of a lot easier than hyping us all up for nothing and then complaining when we get disappointed.
on the same topic- something about dan saying we don't deserve things or 'phil doesnt want to talk to you why should he waste his time' upsets me quite a bit. i know he probably thinks he's being funny, but it feels more like he's talking down to us than anything. just irks me a bit to hear that he thinks we 'don't deserve it' when really without us they'd be nowhere.

whew. like i said. i'm not in a good mood today. apologies.
i agree with this so much

like im probably not as blunt about it and i can see why they do some of the things they do but like so much of the time it seems so extra? like if we got 10 seconds of honesty from them, just a sliver of genuineness do they not realise how far that would go? like instead of saying 'you don't deserve to see phil' he could just say 'phil is watching tv' 'phil is making dinner' 'phil is editting a video' like it's all the hiding and secretive crap over the most mundane things that makes everyone go ????? and get really annoyed. like i get that you're private people, we aren't asking you to tell us intimate details of your personal life dear lord is it really that hard to say 'phil's making a stir fry' like oh wow what have i learned other than phil might burn your flat down before the liveshow ends?

idk like im not trying to be over critical, i can't imagine the pressure they go through and how hard it is to have this many people constantly watching you, but i feel like sometimes they overdo it just a bit and maybe it would be better for everyone if they opened up by like 2%
eevee wrote:I'll still stan tho, because fuck him
Same
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Me about TATINOF:

But yay for the people who wanted to see it and will be able to now. :platonic:

Dan's little temper tantrum... Disclaimer: Still don't watch these things, opinions based on what I read here and in updatedphan's notes.

Dan and Phil ARE. SO. EXTREMELY. PRIVILEGED. WITH. THE. PHANDOM. They have such a loyal audience who mostly will love everything they do and even keep themselves busy without straying to other fandoms too much when they disappear on tour for a few months, but Dan gets pissy the moment he sees some less favorable comments? Piss off m8. Plus it isn't just TATINOF #spon now, it was TABINOF #spon last year and all the general public sees is that that suddenly was important to them than YouTube. That is to be expected, they should've known that would happen, and oh my Lord how long have they been doing this again? Your hardcore stans are they key to your success, give them what they want (the damn cake scene) and you'll be set. The GP isn't your money maker.

Anyway if he's hesitant about putting the cake scene on DINOF or AP, WHACK IT ON ONE OF THE SIDE CHANNELS YOU DUMB DUMBS. Like you should've done with the 360 video. Sometimes it's hard to believe that they're YouTube pros holy fuck. Watch the cake scene being the new Vegas Video. :sideeye:

The not wanting to call us fans shit ugh. So many big YouTubers have this weird thing about it because they wanna be the relatable and accesible internet friend (Dan's entire brand happens to be build on that) but as time it goes on it just gets dumber and in some cases creepier considering the age gaps between creator and audience. It's not 2008 anymore where your audience automatically became your friends. They're celebs whether they like it or not, and (relevant) celebs have fans. And many of those fans spend a lot of time and money on them. They're not their friends, they're not just people that watch their videos. FANS. Ones that they're extremely lucky to have. And they're not just boys making crappy videos in their bedrooms anymore. Yeah they still do that too, but it's not the only thing they are anymore. They're not on the same level as their audience, and I wish Creators over the age of 25 stopped trying to remove that barrier between them and kids. You can be relatable without doing that.

Thankfully, Spooky Week is coming aka me hiding in the comment section where the jump scares will be time marked
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

:lol:

Thank you for putting my mind at rest about phil possibly moving out.

I come up with the weirdest most stupidest shiz sometimes
fancybum
senpai

sinnamonrollphil wrote: like im probably not as blunt about it and i can see why they do some of the things they do but like so much of the time it seems so extra? like if we got 10 seconds of honesty from them, just a sliver of genuineness do they not realise how far that would go? like instead of saying 'you don't deserve to see phil' he could just say 'phil is watching tv' 'phil is making dinner' 'phil is editting a video' like it's all the hiding and secretive crap over the most mundane things that makes everyone go ????? and get really annoyed. like i get that you're private people, we aren't asking you to tell us intimate details of your personal life dear lord is it really that hard to say 'phil's making a stir fry' like oh wow what have i learned other than phil might burn your flat down before the liveshow ends?
Ok but at the end of the day though, that is a stupid question? Can we all really not just assume that Phil is off doing something like watching tv or skyping his mom? Maybe he's in the loo having a massive shit. It's a stupid question and deserves a stupid answer. It's none of our business what Phil is doing during Dan's liveshow. And maybe Dan should ignore those questions, but that hashtag (#getdan/#getphil) has been overwhelming the chat the last few weeks, so if that's the way Dan wants to go about addressing it, then boo hoo to the annoying spammers. "Phil is off doing Phil things in his Phil life" / "Dan is off doing Dan things" - how is that less satisfactory than "Phil's flushing dead shrimp down the toilet" or "Dan's playing Guild Wars and has been for the last 7 hours". Will that information really enrich anybody's life?
pearshaped34 wrote: Don't forget Phil thoughtfully replacing his dead plants after the tour so Dan has something to take care of. Or the shrimp project he started in Dan's living room. I bet Dan feels much less alone because Phil keeps leaving live things all over the house for him.
His probably sad Phil left really, it's probably why he stores the suitcases outside his door rather than in Phil's empty room. His not ready to face his not there yet.
It's all very tragically beautiful, poor Dan, I hope he can get through this difficult time.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

sinnamonrollphil wrote:like i get that you're private people, we aren't asking you to tell us intimate details of your personal life dear lord is it really that hard to say 'phil's making a stir fry' like oh wow what have i learned other than phil might burn your flat down before the liveshow ends?
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Was there any mention of them meeting BenCum in the ls?
eevee
emo goose

By the way I'm disappointed in y'all for voting for bitch ass liars, because dan and phil have always been bitch ass liars, nothing new here
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
anathema
morning quiff

fancybum wrote:
sinnamonrollphil wrote: like im probably not as blunt about it and i can see why they do some of the things they do but like so much of the time it seems so extra? like if we got 10 seconds of honesty from them, just a sliver of genuineness do they not realise how far that would go? like instead of saying 'you don't deserve to see phil' he could just say 'phil is watching tv' 'phil is making dinner' 'phil is editting a video' like it's all the hiding and secretive crap over the most mundane things that makes everyone go ????? and get really annoyed. like i get that you're private people, we aren't asking you to tell us intimate details of your personal life dear lord is it really that hard to say 'phil's making a stir fry' like oh wow what have i learned other than phil might burn your flat down before the liveshow ends?
Ok but at the end of the day though, that is a stupid question? Can we all really not just assume that Phil is off doing something like watching tv or skyping his mom? Maybe he's in the loo having a massive shit. It's a stupid question and deserves a stupid answer. It's none of our business what Phil is doing during Dan's liveshow. And maybe Dan should ignore those questions, but that hashtag (#getdan/#getphil) has been overwhelming the chat the last few weeks, so if that's the way Dan wants to go about addressing it, then boo hoo to the annoying spammers. "Phil is off doing Phil things in his Phil life" / "Dan is off doing Dan things" - how is that less satisfactory than "Phil's flushing dead shrimp down the toilet" or "Dan's playing Guild Wars and has been for the last 7 hours". Will that information really enrich anybody's life?
I get what you said, but ignoring it would be the best way to go and I would assume Dan knows that. There's a certain group of the phandom that loves to do things "ironically". Like the whole thing about people ruining the comments on videos with saying "Dan should play this for Phil!!!1". As soon as Dan said that, what happened? People started to leave comments on videos saying that because they thought it was super funny. This is the same type of thing. They know Dan is gonna say no, but they still spam the chat with "#getphil" because they're being funny/relatable/ironic/whatever they call it (which I roll my eyes at, but that's for a different post). And every time Dan mentions it, that just motivates them to do it again next week. But the think is, I'm sure Dan is aware of this. So I don't understand why he just keeps mentioning it, if he really wants it to stop (which I assume he does, but?).
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Watching some of Dan's live show ( i find for me sometimes its too much to watch in one sitting) and I'm laughing hysterically at the fic prompt that Dan created of him and Phil as trapeze artists ('and Markiplier's there' - damn he must really lurk on aO3.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:By the way I'm disappointed in y'all for voting for bitch ass liars, because dan and phil have always been bitch ass liars, nothing new here
ngl still mourning the symbiosis quote that will go un-immortalized as a thread name now.

And Dan can fuck off with that character death fic, no thanks, would not kudos, no r&r for him.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote:
eevee wrote:By the way I'm disappointed in y'all for voting for bitch ass liars, because dan and phil have always been bitch ass liars, nothing new here
ngl still mourning the symbiosis quote that will go un-immortalized as a thread name now.

And Dan can fuck off with that character death fic, no thanks, would not kudos, no r&r for him.
Yeah and that beautiful art that goes with it :lol:
fancybum
senpai

anathema wrote: I get what you said, but ignoring it would be the best way to go and I would assume Dan knows that. There's a certain group of the phandom that loves to do things "ironically". Like the whole thing about people ruining the comments on videos with saying "Dan should play this for Phil!!!1". As soon as Dan said that, what happened? People started to leave comments on videos saying that because they thought it was super funny. This is the same type of thing. They know Dan is gonna say no, but they still spam the chat with "#getphil" because they're being funny/relatable/ironic/whatever they call it (which I roll my eyes at, but that's for a different post). And every time Dan mentions it, that just motivates them to do it again next week. But the think is, I'm sure Dan is aware of this. So I don't understand why he just keeps mentioning it, if he really wants it to stop (which I assume he does, but?).
I don't know, but I can speculate. Oh boy can I speculate. I think he doesn't care so much anymore about modifying his words and behaviour to attempt to control reactions of the phandom. Ever since tab/tinof kicked off, they've eased more and more into the 'merging of their brands'. It's not even really that notable anymore how much Dan brings up Phil unprompted (he literally answers questions directed solely at him with info on Phil every. liveshow.). He doesn't avoid mentioning how they watch literally every television show together (even ones he's not that interested in). This all spurs on the shipping and the 'omg so married' comments, which he wouldn't have been so comfortable with a few years ago. But he doesn't edit himself so much these days. I have lots of theories on why that might be, but that's a whole other bag of lovely worms. Let me just say that I don't think it's ONLY FANSERVICE JESUS (not directed at you, I just have a lot pent up anger lol). It's just being more honest, more open.

So to be more honest in the other direction, by essentially saying 'guys this is my liveshow, you can see Phil on Sunday, fuck off about him thanks', would only make sense. They do these liveshows because it's part of their job. They're working. So as much as Dan won't shut up about Phil, he's also not going to give into annoying viewer demands that go beyond what he himself wants to share in any given moment. That earlier comment said they're not intimate details, so what's the big deal? Well intimacy is in the details. Phil (wherever he is, whatever he's doing) is not in Work Mode on Tuesday nights, his life and the details of it are his own. In my rambling and maybe nonsensical opinion, those details are intimate. Phil cooking them dinner, actual Phil Lester and not AmazingPhil, is part of their private life. Dan doesn't tell us that Phil is in the kitchen clanging pots around making them dinner because that's offscreen and just for them. Phil doesn't tell us on Sundays what actual Dan Howell is doing because Sundays at 7pm Phil is working and Dan's not. Every little detail of their offscreen lives, however mundane, is for them unless they want and choose to share. Some things they choose not to share and some of those things "don't matter" from the outside looking in. Doesn't mean they're not important or not worth protecting from D&P's perspective.

And especially now, with the overabundance of sharing they've become comfortable with, I can see how asking for even more could rankle them, specifically Dan. And since he doesn't care so much about attempting to micromanage a giant mob mostly out of his control (and lbr inevitably failing to do so anyway), he may as well just say if something is annoying him and let the cards fall where they may. I don't know if this made proper sense, I'll probably roll my eyes at it in the morning, let me live, but I tried.

Alternative and possibly more likely explanation who knows: he had low blood sugar and didn't think to self-censor. We all make short-sighted decisions when we need a snack.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

anathema wrote:
starlight-still wrote:
Dan's ls. I came in late so I had to go back and watch the beginning but now that I've seen it:

- Many people have already mentioned him being pissy/sassy/etc. He was giving off crabstickz-level idgaf vibes, that's for sure. Honestly, he just seems a bit stressed, probably because spooky week means shooting and editing five videos on top of whatever else they're doing this week to get ready for DAPGO, and then they're rolling into a pretty intensive schedule until December. They're facing a lot of demands over the next several weeks but they certainly know how to keep each other's head in the game by now.
- The cirque AU, love that he was so game. Might have to check out the resulting story!
- Just shifting topics and talking about Dr. Strange, he didn’t even do his generic male name thing, just threw it out there like the no fucks Daniel that he is today.
- His gesture and facial expression when he was like “Dan and Phil gig”
- Between the slip ups during the PSL part, the “don’t have time for you losers” rant, the arm-stretchy thing when announcing Euro TATINOF, and the chocolate ball confusion are we sure this is not Phil in a Dan suit? It is spooky week after all (imagine, though, if in some alternate universe where it was entirely possible they took each other’s places to let off steam and let parts of their personality that they usually hide shine).
- OK, who are these “people” on his channel he keeps ribbing? Whoever it is, they prompted him to do multiple callouts in one ls, so they must’ve struck a nerve. I hope whatever was said it wasn’t disrespectful to them and the work they put into TATINOF. Update: OK, I went to look at the comments on the 360 video and there’s one thread talking about his old videos. The conversation itself isn’t particularly rude, poor forum choice posting it on his video instead of on another site (such as here :thumb:) perhaps. That being said, if this is how he reacts to that one thread, there’s no way in heck he makes a habit out of lurking or every ls would be a sixty nine minute reactive rant. Perhaps in a moment of weakness he peeked and then gave no fucks about responding.
I'd reeeeally hate to go there but the whole "well fine then you're not getting the cake scene" kinda reminded me of the first part of this (I mean...he even got all up in the camera):

oh my god this made my day
Honestly this Miranda video made me laugh more then any of Deppy's recent videos

About Dan being annoyed about criticism: I get that TATINOF was a big project and a substantial portion of their lives but honestly because we weren't as connected with them and most of the interactions we had were random M&G pictures with fans its hard to feel the way they do. They did a documentary but we had no connection with the process until it was released. There was no DITL, no background, and basically long periods in which we got absolutely no content. I think Dan lives in a very "Dan-centric" or "Dan and Philcentric" world and he expects us to feel and appreciate all they worked for, but honestly I didnt think the result was mindblowing. I already reviewed the docu and the bothersome editing but we aren't all going to love it. I think it was something he was proud of and (so were we) but he can't expect it to be "the talk of the town" for weeks and weeks...

In terms of the TATINOF content on his YT channel, thats his channel and his choice what to put on there. I think Dan has it harder because people criticize him on his channel but it's his doing. He always appreciates honest feedback yet he can't exactly handle it when its negative. Also I think he originally set high expections for quality content on his channels so his fans expect that? The constant worrying and insecurities he shares about having the best content on DINOF etc. With Phil, who got a huge portion of the TABINOF promos, the fans didn't really care because he was always happy and confident in what he put out... It's just a difference in expectations for the channel. That being said, Dan should be immune to criticisms or atleast better adapted to deal with negative ones (it's been 7 years Danny take some yoga classes to keep calm :) ). The fans complaining shouldn't rub him the wrong way because it's just an honest response from the fan. He doesn't have to listen but calling them out comes off as a bit immature (this of course is my opinion, I know others appreciate this honest response)

I think with TABINOF and TATINOF, there became a huge separation in who was interested in them and their brand and who is just interested in the channel and content. Not all fans watched the shows and so there is a line between people who watched it and people who are only interested in him and not "The World of Dan and Phil". Also there comes the debate of the monetization youtubers do, and if the fans agree and support that. Every fandom has faced drama when their creators started selling and deppy are no less. Not everyone is keen on buying their stuff and are only there for the channel so I can understand the frustrations when the majority of content being uploaded is something they're never going to be interested in..

Also add me to the list of people who see them as people I like and am a fan of. I think it's naive to assume that now, we can not have that relationship with them. As many of you said we are all a crowd of people and they're two guys we throw money at (for me it's just for the Koi pond ), how else would I describe that relationship..

Anyway hopefully Spooky Week takes me out of this deppy rut Im currently in and allows me to enjoy their gaming content more

Also 000dia000 if you dont go to TATINOF, I will literally fly to Ireland and hit you on the head :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote:And especially now, with the overabundance of sharing they've become comfortable with, I can see how asking for even more could rankle them, specifically Dan. And since he doesn't care so much about attempting to micromanage a giant mob mostly out of his control (and lbr inevitably failing to do so anyway), he may as well just say if something is annoying him and let the cards fall where they may.
I want to quote your whole post but forced myself to whittle it down to just the main point, and something I agree wholeheartedly with. I don't even need to try and write out my thoughts; you already did.