Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mio
#relatable

flarequake wrote:
Googling to see if the Enhanced Digital Edition of DAPGO is available outside of iTunes (Amazon has it and Dan just said the digital version has them, if it's wrong I think Amazon lets you return Kindle books within 7 days anyway), I found this article about the launch of the book and cover-design site back in August. Its self-gratifying pile of praise amused me (if I didn't laugh I'd want to be sick) and it says some nice things about Dan and Phil: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.co.uk/me ... -go-outsi/
I'm laughing so hard at this pretentious quote from the article in comparisison to what Deppy had to say on that matter in the #DAPGO video
‘Dan and Phil are at the cutting edge of culture, and when you work with them you are constantly inspired to come up with iconoclastic and forward-thinking ideas that become cultural talking points. Their YouTube channels and strong social media presence puts them at the intersection between emerging digital technology, gaming and entertainment, so when we work together we try to bring those elements out in our campaign.

We knew that social media, creativity and interactivity needed to be at the centre of the 'Dan and Phil Go Outside' book campaign and we wanted to ensure that this campaign was innovative and genuinely engaged their audience in a new and exciting way – as this is what both Dan and Phil and their audience expect from us. Inspired by Dan and Phil's originality, quirky humour and book cover design, I thought that a web application, which allowed their audience to hack and customise their cover to create sharable images, would allow us to do something that had never been done before in publishing. It would also simultaneously enable their audience to showcase their own creativity and individual humour and spreading the excitement about the new book through word-of-mouth online.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Googling 'THICC cactus' was a mistake. I s2g I'm an adult.

Some random ls thoughts after a night's sleep:

-A bit sad he called the baking vid humor 'questionable'. As opposed to what Dan? Safe humor? Please open your mind to the holy combo of food and sexual innuendo, I watch you because you're funny and you better believe I like my humor questionable.
-He liked the Romantics and loved the question :D . Must check out senpai's reccs.
-TATINOF EU ... well he squashed my hopes for a possible part two. I hope everybody who could go watch them got their tickets, looks like they made their bear cave for the winter.
- I loved the unequivocal Bernie love. The US presidential election is no joke, even if it feels like a race between the fucking joker and.. well Hillary ain't no Batman. The face of the status quo or a mad man that could take the world to the brink. Scary. So Preach brother!
-DAPGO(OSE): My god what's up with all these acronyms this is starting to feel like i'm typing a summery for work halp. Looks like a nicely sized book. Can live with the price, struggling as a self proclaimed intellectual to justify this book purchase. Probably just need a cold night, a nice glass of wine and a cute instagram to make the step.

~ Trash intermezzo

So looking at the book and the steadily expanding 'trash folder' on my pc, I was hit by the v important philosophical question: how many pictures are enough ? How big do you want this book to be?
It's like my brain struggled to find an adequate size of the DAPGO photobook which would contain just enough cute pics.

I'D LIKE IT NICE AND THICC K THX

~ gradual return to sanity

I don't feel like reviving the discussion of a few pages ago (literally just to lazy to type out everything I'd like to say to decently respond to everybody)
But thanks to Kuensukki and Gnostic for the support. I think you all make very valid points.
Also - and this is not mean in a sarcastic or passive-agressive way- thanks to everybody else who offered their views and wanted to contribute in a constructive way. I don't mind having a discussion, I get that you emotions can run high because we all have such strong subjective feelings and intuitions but seems like none of us wants to push the issue to hard so I feel i've mostly said what needs to be said and people can just read all of or differing opinions and decide for themselves if they want. That's the joy of in-depth bants right.
Last edited by jesp on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags to the pictures
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
eevee
emo goose

oqua wrote:(Like seriously, has he ever expressed enthusiasm about visiting his family for Christmas? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. He's sooo consistently negative about them and honestly I kinda live for it. But also like... can he pls just spend Christmas with the Lesters already? It's been seven years. Thanks.)
I was talking about this to a few people the other day. I'm interested in when it's socially acceptable for a couple to stay together for Christmas. And it seems to me like the answer is: when they have a child. Because after that, they stay together for the sake of the child. When I was a child, my parents never split up for Christmas. We all went to my mom's side on Christmas eve and my dad's side on Christmas day.

But some couples are together less than 7 years and have a baby. Some go longer than 7 years without having kids. Some couples don't ever plan to have kids. What about them?

When does it become socially acceptable to stay with your SO or bring your SO to family Christmas?

Another thing is, how different in the UK is this to in America or other larger countries? For example, a lot of my aunts and uncles have moved out of state or coast to coast for college, work, marriage, whatever. So I've hardly ever had a time where one whole side of the family is together at once, and normally it's just a random family trip, not a holiday. And this is because in order to see every aunt and uncle at once, at least 2 of the families in question would have to fly a few hours. So is it more socially acceptable not to see your parents at Christmas if you're in a country where traveling to them requires multiple hours of plane time not to mention hundreds of dollars in plane tickets? I ask because in the UK, everything seems to be a train ride or a much shorter flight away. So, is there more pressure in a smaller country to see your parents every Christmas?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Quick note (I'm still back on pg16 of this thread, trying to catch up:)

DAPGO books have shipped if you have pre-ordered from Amazon. Mine is due tomorrow (Thursday.)

Now I'm off to vote - if the line is reasonable. Some jurisdictions in the US allow early voting.
majitzu
angel bean

I'm still trying to find a way to buy the DAPGO digital version that is not from itunes, because guess what? no all the people in the world use apple products, and guess what 2? you can't read ibook on your not mac pc. :sideeye: (not that i wanted, but it was my last choice)

And no I don't want the normal epub, mobi, pdf version, i want the enhanced edition. So if someone knows anything about this please send help.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Legit No shade to anyone but I'm so fucking glad I wasn't here for the shipping/QB drama, some of you would have shizzed my happy baking mood so hard.
oqua wrote:
eevee wrote:51:54: Ideally, Pokemon would come out in December so that when he goes home to his family, he could play it on the couch and not have to talk to them.
Three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and Dan making negative comments about his family.

(Like seriously, has he ever expressed enthusiasm about visiting his family for Christmas? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. He's sooo consistently negative about them and honestly I kinda live for it. But also like... can he pls just spend Christmas with the Lesters already? It's been seven years. Thanks.)
Honestly I was thinking the exact same thing, srly even if it's not with the Lesters Dan should definitely spend Christmas somewhere else if it's making him that miserable, like fake an illness and stay with some friends or sth?

Think about it, what's the point of physically being there but ignoring everyone around you? I think that's even more rude than just plain not going, but I guess there's also that nagging thought I just had that maybe he made a deal with the parents to just spend once a year with them and not be bothered the rest?, also he could be visiting mostly for the grandma? (is she living near/with the parents?)

-ohh and: I think for me it sounded like he was almost saying boyfriend. But that's my opinion

Edit:
majitzu wrote::rofl:
bless you daniel, I can always count on you to add phil in a convo.
Last edited by JoeAverage on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

uglyamerican wrote:Quick note (I'm still back on pg16 of this thread, trying to catch up:)

DAPGO books have shipped if you have pre-ordered from Amazon. Mine is due tomorrow (Thursday.)

Now I'm off to vote - if the line is reasonable. Some jurisdictions in the US allow early voting.
Quick pic of encouragement. I hope the lines are reasonable. No digital voting yet?

Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

majitzu wrote:
That was my first thought as well when I saw that tweet. :lol:
hannah
butt chair

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this here yet :lol:
"yup" I stg
JoeAverage
sad dimple

hannah wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this here yet :lol:
"yup" I stg
Oh fuck.

Thanks for pointing this out but you forgot to add that right on the top of his comment (that I just checked it's really there) in the "read more" thing there's this: "no, not us" "Phil***". And I'm (sorry for using this word but it fits) shook. :o

Edit to add: Like what the hell daniel ? everything is getting better and better and now I'm scared it's all a collective dream
Last edited by JoeAverage on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

JoeAverage wrote:
"yup" I stg
Oh fuck.

Thanks for pointing this out but you forgot to add that right on the top of his comment (that I just checked it's really there) in the "read more" thing there's this: "no, not us" "Phil***". And I'm (sorry for using this word but it fits) shook. :o

Holy shit
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
hannah
butt chair

JoeAverage wrote:
"yup" I stg
Oh fuck.

Edit to add: Like what the hell daniel ? everything is getting better and better and now I'm scared it's all a collective dream
Oops! Here, i'll screenshot it with the read more;
Oh my god, I just realized. :wtf:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh wow, that's funny. Cheeky cheeky Daniel :lol:
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Meaningless deppy thoughts so I can post about something more important to me than even them two twaddle rousers:
I wonder if they have some next 'big' project after tatinof and dapgo. They've had the radio show, the book, a tour, an app, another book, it is sometimes easy to forget that they actually do stuff, because we never see it, but deppy keep active. Just a thought I've had. They could focus on their individual channels, or dapgs, but sometimes I get the feeling that though yt is their main career and source of income, they don't enjoy it as much as they did, but I guess that is normal when your hobby becomes work.
_ __ ___ ____
ps: please go watch Before the Flood on the NatGeo yt channel, it's a documentary 1h30min.
https://youtu.be/90CkXVF-Q8M
(purposefully not making it a forum-esque link with the video attached 'cause I don't want to clog and otherwise disturb anyone who isn't interested)
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Personal experience about visiting family (in US, but I don't think that part is relevant)
My fathers said is italian catholic, and if we don't see my grandma for ever tiny holiday and birthday and signifigant life event like graduation or wedding etc we get guilted to hell and back. And we have to go whereever she is, no matter how far people have moved away or if she moves away from you. I kinda like it because it does force the family too see eachother at least a few times a year, but it is hella stressful and expensive to travel, and some family members have been cut-off from the will/aren't spoken too anymore because they refused. Those of us who are married either visit the spouses family another weekend, which means double travelling, or are allowed to invite extended family to the main feast. The more people show up, the happier Grandma is. The only person who has successfully denied grandma is her youngest son, who married a women with family in mexico, and would insist on going to see them every other christmas. That was a tense few years and the rest of us heard about it for months afterward lol. If Grandma didn't force it though, we would rarely make the effort to see each other as a group. Shes 94 now, and I don't know what is going to happen after she dies. I want to have a house big enough to host gatherings if people want to come, but don't know if anyone will actually be interested outside my immediate family. Most of the extended family isnt even catholic, and non of us follow any Italian customs aside from eating a lot of pasta anymore lol.

In short, could be because he likes his family but just feels stressed actually communicating face to face because shyness/awkwardness, could be a requirement for money from someones will, could be heavy doses of guilt. Who knows. I personally remember the x-mas where he said everyone asked him for money, so he made "bank of Dan" envelopes to passive aggressively make them feel bad. That pisses me off and makes me want to hug him every time I think about it.
felucca
truth bomb

eevee wrote:When does it become socially acceptable to stay with your SO or bring your SO to family Christmas?
When you feel like it? :lol: I'd totally bring my bf to family Christmas this year if we weren't going abroad, and we've only been dating for six months.

I think it depends so much on your situation though. I'd say that for most people, Deppy included, Christmas is at the top of the list over important family holidays, which means you don't necessarily feel like skipping a year just to be with your partner's family, when you can go visit them literally any other time (like Father's Day, amirite Dan?) Dan's one of those people who doesn't seem to visit his family a whole lot during the year - and who knows how often he sees his extended family - so perhaps he feels obligated to show up for Christmas at least. Believe me, if skipping one year of Christmas means having to go "errr, see you in... two years..." to the extended family, you don't really want to do that.

(That's me: I live far from my family and only see them like twice a year, I'd never skip Christmas. My bf lives close and sees his family all the time, skipping one Christmas is no big deal to him.)

Edit: OMFG IT'S SNOWING!!!
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
psychicmoth
living flop

hannah wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:
"yup" I stg
Oh fuck.

Oops! Here, i'll screenshot it with the read more;
wuuuut
Spaniel what's going on
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

"yup" I stg
Mr. Howell? Seriously?
bluewho
truth bomb

hannah wrote: Oops! Here, i'll screenshot it with the read more;
amazing
eevee
emo goose

Artdefines06 wrote:Personal experience about visiting family (in US, but I don't think that part is relevant)
My fathers said is italian catholic, and if we don't see my grandma for ever tiny holiday and birthday and signifigant life event like graduation or wedding etc we get guilted to hell and back. And we have to go whereever she is, no matter how far people have moved away or if she moves away from you. I kinda like it because it does force the family too see eachother at least a few times a year, but it is hella stressful and expensive to travel, and some family members have been cut-off from the will/aren't spoken too anymore because they refused. Those of us who are married either visit the spouses family another weekend, which means double travelling, or are allowed to invite extended family to the main feast. The more people show up, the happier Grandma is. The only person who has successfully denied grandma is her youngest son, who married a women with family in mexico, and would insist on going to see them every other christmas. That was a tense few years and the rest of us heard about it for months afterward lol. If Grandma didn't force it though, we would rarely make the effort to see each other as a group. Shes 94 now, and I don't know what is going to happen after she dies. I want to have a house big enough to host gatherings if people want to come, but don't know if anyone will actually be interested outside my immediate family. Most of the extended family isnt even catholic, and non of us follow any Italian customs aside from eating a lot of pasta anymore lol.

In short, could be because he likes his family but just feels stressed actually communicating face to face because shyness/awkwardness, could be a requirement for money from someones will, could be heavy doses of guilt. Who knows. I personally remember the x-mas where he said everyone asked him for money, so he made "bank of Dan" envelopes to passive aggressively make them feel bad. That pisses me off and makes me want to hug him every time I think about it.
YO my grandma is Italian Catholic too, and my god, she SO does the guilt thing!! She also hates all her childrens' spouses and talks mad shit about them to the whole rest of the family. She allows them to not visit her every Christmas but there were a few cruises she sponsored that she dragged us all on, and then there was one I refused to go on because I fucking hate cruises and I got away with it because I was like, in high school or something. But I'm sure if I was married with a family I would've never heard the end of it. To her family and especially grandkids are at the top priority to everything else literally, and she SO does the guilt thing, it's insane!! I'm not sure about her will, because she's only in her early 70s, but I'm sure that will be quite the debacle...Although she's quite generous now, as she keeps saying she'd rather give her family money while she's around to see how happy it makes them.

Anyway I just wanted to relate, haha :lol:

Also wtf, bank of Dan, jfc do you have a link to that?
re: youtube comment
Are we sure he replied to the Phil comment and not to the original comment? I think threads on youtube look like that, but I think all the comments in the thread were just replying to the first comment. If they were replying to a reply, it would have a " + their name" at the beginning, right?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
hannah
butt chair

eevee wrote:
Are we sure he replied to the Phil comment and not to the original comment? I think threads on youtube look like that, but I think all the comments in the thread were just replying to the first comment. If they were replying to a reply, it would have a " + their name" at the beginning, right?
I'm gonna assume the first comment was what he replied to, but for me whenever I reply to comments (on the computer) it shows up like this without the + [name]
I don't ever use the youtube mobile app so i'm not sure if it adds the + on there.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

hannah wrote:
eevee wrote:
I'm gonna assume the first comment was what he replied to, but for me whenever I reply to comments (on the computer) it shows up like this without the + [name]
I don't ever use the youtube mobile app so i'm not sure if it adds the + on there.
So the question is...what was he replying to?
lishachi
eclipse shirt

ok ill read back in a minute but DAPGO just turned up?? and christ it is beautiful
they look beautiful
cheered me up from a shitty day indeed (ill carry on reading now, not even half way through theres so many pages)

i love them
:biflag: :blackheart:
anathema
morning quiff

eevee wrote: Also wtf, bank of Dan, jfc do you have a link to that?
danisnotonfire several of my relatives asked for 'just money' this year (worst gift ever) so i made these appropriate wrappings for them

(link)

about the youtube comment: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (x10)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
eevee
emo goose

anathema wrote:
eevee wrote: Also wtf, bank of Dan, jfc do you have a link to that?
danisnotonfire several of my relatives asked for 'just money' this year (worst gift ever) so i made these appropriate wrappings for them
(link)
jeeeesssuuuussss chhhh-rrriiissstttttt

thank you haha