Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Philena
blobfish

Yeah, I am assuming he was replying to the op, but funny either way.

eevee, you phake phan!
bluewho
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

eevee wrote: re: youtube comment
Are we sure he replied to the Phil comment and not to the original comment? I think threads on youtube look like that, but I think all the comments in the thread were just replying to the first comment. If they were replying to a reply, it would have a " + their name" at the beginning, right?
I just did a test on my computer. When I replied to an original comment which began a thread it didn't @/+/tag the original commenter's username. When I replied to someone else's reply underneath the original comment, it also didn't @/+/tag any username - even when I posted it. Both comments appeared underneath each other, in line with each other, in a thread - so there was no way to tell which comment was replying to the original thread-starter, and which was replying to someone else's reply...

What can I say, I'm procrastinating.

In short it's not clear which comment Dan was replying to.
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

WARNING: TABINOF SPOILER

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, hm boys?

Still can't get over this photo though
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
eevee
emo goose

Philena wrote:eevee, you phake phan!
I blame my dumb hiatus, haha.
bluewho wrote:In short it's not clear which comment Dan was replying to.
either way, he was just saying like "i was messing with you guys" or "i was messing with phil" right?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

For some reason, I couldn't concentrate on work today, so I rewatched all the previous baking videos to try and see if this year was so different after all. It turns out it was, a new level for Deppy :thumb: so, without further ado, a round up of every potential innuendo/sexual reference on DanAndPhilBAKES that I could spot:

British pancakes - March 2011 (Dan's channel, 9m35s)
Dan makes a sex noise when he breaks an egg and then apologizes for being immature
"Make a pan really hot, Emma Watson riding a Nimbus3000 naked hot"
"Lubricate" in a suggestive voice
Christmas cookies - December 2011 (Phil's channel, 8m06s)
This is Phil's first time baking and guess who will be taking his baking virginity? Delia Smith, of course, not the guy he actually does it with (sorry) (also, why do they have a single red gerbera in their kitchen?)
Dan slaps Phil's butt with a rolling pin
Dan thinks his rolling would've looked a lot better if he had a cleavage
Again, "lubricate" in a suggestive voice
Dan moaning while eating the cookie and Phil asking if he wants to be left alone
Dan force feeds Phil the same cookie he's been eating, no reaction as in not taken as something sexual
"Delia knows how to hit the spot"
Brownie Graveyard - October 2012 (Phil's channel, 9m38s)
Dan makes a sexy face while holding the chocolate when they present the ingredients
"And anything else you wanna put inside your brownie" - "That's what she said"
"Lubricate" makes a guest appearance
Dan makes a sex noise when Phil breaks the first egg into the bowl (then more of a pooping noise for the next one, idk)
(Honorary mention: when Phil sieves the flour, Dan does a rap about working those muscles to get bitches, aww, don't you just love 2012!Dan?)
They are talking about wanting to eat the mixture instead of baking, Phil is making a motion as if he's giving Dan the spoon to lick, Dan says no
"When [the brownies] are done, the top should feel firm and the middle should feel soft and squidgy...
Phil: like a cat
Dan: like a breast
Phil: I liked how I said cat and you said breast
In Dan's opinion, the brownies are orgasmic, when they're done with decorating, he moans and asks for privacy
Spooky cupcakes - October 2014 (Phil's channel, 13m31s)
Phil does some suggestive gestures to illustrate how he "slides colors into the recipe"
Dan wants to pour buttermilk all over his naked body
The whisk reminds Dan of Tyler Oakley (said in an obviously "disturbed" voice)
Phil wants to lick the melted butter from the knife he's holding because it smells good, Dan says, "Do it," Phil does, but he doesn't like the taste
(yep, that's all for this video, can you believe it?)
Extreme triple chocolate nests - April 2015 (Phil's channel, 13m18s)
Dan and Phil monkey pruning fanfic come to life
Dan displays two bowls as his breasts, Phil scolds him for disgracing the Easter Bunny
Phil (talking about the silicon baking tray): You can't give yourself butt implants with this thing
"Let's get some close action on that simmering, oh yeah, check it out"
Dan makes suggestive noises while throwing the chocolate into the bowl to melt it, then when they add the butter, then talks about how he wants it all over his body (several times)
Phil's husky sensual voice
Dan gets to do "the best thing which is lick the bowl" - close up (this is Phil's channel, mind you)
Dan: and now, what do we do with our beautiful Easter children, Phil?
Phil: you can leave them in a cool place or the fridge
Dan: a cool place, what, my bedroom? (Phil rolls his eyes)
How can Dan leave the nests in the fridge for two hours? Phil suggests that he just keeps licking the bowl
Dan feels they conceived a little egg filled with little eggs
Dan feeds the nest to Phil ("I'm feeding you, am I?"), then takes a bite himself, but from another place
Pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies - October 2015 (Dan's channel, 21m36 - almost twice as long as the previous ones)
Phil doing "kitchen exercises"
Phil says Dan can't have strippers on his channel (I may be reaching a bit here)
The whisk is back, but Phil isn't disturbed because he didn't see the video - evening plans sorted out
Dan: something to squeeze the icing out... (laughs) what? There's nothing inappropriate about it
Phil saying "sexy" after Dan says they need to mix the ingredients
Dan telling Phil to stick the pumpkin spice mix into his mouth, "Cinnamon challenge, cinnamon challenge" - Phil firmly refuses (because it's not 2007, duh)
Phil calling the bowl the big daddy, "Why did I say that?"
Dan winks after saying "Mix the butter and the sugar and whisk until fluffy"
Phil: slow motion butter cutting, that's a little side of youtube we haven't seen (cue Dan's "disturbed" reaction)
Dan, after cutting the butter: and the rest is for rubbing on my nipples (cue Phil's "disgusted face")
Dan trying to make Phil lick the knife covered in butter, Phil doesn't want to because he "did it last time"
Dan wants to bathe in butter mixed with sugar and molasses
"You're missing the hole" - "That's what she said"
Both calling the cookies "babies" a lot
"Oh my God, they are soft and hard at the same time... which for cookies is what you want. What?"
Phil to Dan who's decorating the marshmallow: is that a boob?
Dan made a suggestive (?) noise when he broke the cookie they were going to eat
Dan needs a private moment in the end
Monster pops - October 2016 (Dan's channel, 22m54s - I quoted dizzy and CallMeAyana in some notes, thank you guys for doing timestamps )
"Dan and Phil festive action"
Nipple action
Sexual attraction to spiders
Phil/Barry fic
Phil telling Dan to sniff it, Dan trying to lick the spoon instead."Not yet" and a wink after that
Dan moaning when Phil adds the peanut butter
"Anticipation is key"
"Can I lick the spoon now?" Phil says no because they're using it later, but lets him anyway. Dan moans, Phil is "disturbed". "That's what you subscribed for"
"Teach me Dad"
"Phil is getting bukkaked right in the middle of our kitchen", then another cheeky lick
"Oh, baby" - "Yas"
Dan thinks the mixture is sexy and wants to pour it all over his body
"Go mental, Phil." "Come on, give people what they want". "Sweet shit" (well, you've all seen it... I also think that Dan's "Hi, giant light" after that is the same kind of "distract!" reaction as the brand rant after the shot of Phil's butt in the DITL)
Dan is horny - no reaction from Phil before Dan's own
"We're putting the stick into the monster's un...baked muscle" with corresponding gestures
Phil's sexual noise pushing the stick into the ball, Dan saying it needs to get flagged
thicc
"Monster and chill"
Obligatory consent mention from Dan
"Hard balls, ready for soaking"
"Get that naughty ball covered in chocolate"
"This is gonna be orgasmic"
Another very, um, disturbing lick from Dan
"I want your ass" - no visible reaction from either
Dan is "actually" having an orgasm, "this should be illegal"
"I would eat me any day of the week"
(all in all, more innuendos than even last year, not one no homo reaction, not one explicitly heterosexual reference - no boobs, no "what she said", a lot of just laughing instead of backtracking)
And now for something completely different, also under spoiler because DAPGO and Deppy negativity
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THOSE BUNK PICTURES
I'm sorry, I know it was discussed to death, I know they don't owe us anything, but why, why, why didn't they choose literally any other explanation for their sleeping arrangements? I don't care what's actually true, I care about how it looks - and it looks like trolling, especially after the baking video and Dan's youtube comment, as Phil would say, what is the truth?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Moony
sofa crease

eevee wrote:
Philena wrote:eevee, you phake phan!
I blame my dumb hiatus, haha.
bluewho wrote:In short it's not clear which comment Dan was replying to.
either way, he was just saying like "i was messing with you guys" or "i was messing with phil" right?
or maybe both
kuensukki
janice from the shop

coffeepenguin wrote:For some reason, I couldn't concentrate on work today, so I rewatched all the previous baking videos to try and see if this year was so different after all. It turns out it was, a new level for Deppy :thumb: so, without further ado, a round up of every potential innuendo/sexual reference on DanAndPhilBAKES that I could spot:

British pancakes - March 2011 (Dan's channel, 9m35s)
Dan makes a sex noise when he breaks an egg and then apologizes for being immature
"Make a pan really hot, Emma Watson riding a Nimbus3000 naked hot"
"Lubricate" in a suggestive voice
Christmas cookies - December 2011 (Phil's channel, 8m06s)
This is Phil's first time baking and guess who will be taking his baking virginity? Delia Smith, of course, not the guy he actually does it with (sorry) (also, why do they have a single red gerbera in their kitchen?)
Dan slaps Phil's butt with a rolling pin
Dan thinks his rolling would've looked a lot better if he had a cleavage
Again, "lubricate" in a suggestive voice
Dan moaning while eating the cookie and Phil asking if he wants to be left alone
Dan force feeds Phil the same cookie he's been eating, no reaction as in not taken as something sexual
"Delia knows how to hit the spot"
Brownie Graveyard - October 2012 (Phil's channel, 9m38s)
Dan makes a sexy face while holding the chocolate when they present the ingredients
"And anything else you wanna put inside your brownie" - "That's what she said"
"Lubricate" makes a guest appearance
Dan makes a sex noise when Phil breaks the first egg into the bowl (then more of a pooping noise for the next one, idk)
(Honorary mention: when Phil sieves the flour, Dan does a rap about working those muscles to get bitches, aww, don't you just love 2012!Dan?)
They are talking about wanting to eat the mixture instead of baking, Phil is making a motion as if he's giving Dan the spoon to lick, Dan says no
"When [the brownies] are done, the top should feel firm and the middle should feel soft and squidgy...
Phil: like a cat
Dan: like a breast
Phil: I liked how I said cat and you said breast
In Dan's opinion, the brownies are orgasmic, when they're done with decorating, he moans and asks for privacy
Spooky cupcakes - October 2014 (Phil's channel, 13m31s)
Phil does some suggestive gestures to illustrate how he "slides colors into the recipe"
Dan wants to pour buttermilk all over his naked body
The whisk reminds Dan of Tyler Oakley (said in an obviously "disturbed" voice)
Phil wants to lick the melted butter from the knife he's holding because it smells good, Dan says, "Do it," Phil does, but he doesn't like the taste
(yep, that's all for this video, can you believe it?)
Extreme triple chocolate nests - April 2015 (Phil's channel, 13m18s)
Dan and Phil monkey pruning fanfic come to life
Dan displays two bowls as his breasts, Phil scolds him for disgracing the Easter Bunny
Phil (talking about the silicon baking tray): You can't give yourself butt implants with this thing
"Let's get some close action on that simmering, oh yeah, check it out"
Dan makes suggestive noises while throwing the chocolate into the bowl to melt it, then when they add the butter, then talks about how he wants it all over his body (several times)
Phil's husky sensual voice
Dan gets to do "the best thing which is lick the bowl" - close up (this is Phil's channel, mind you)
Dan: and now, what do we do with our beautiful Easter children, Phil?
Phil: you can leave them in a cool place or the fridge
Dan: a cool place, what, my bedroom? (Phil rolls his eyes)
How can Dan leave the nests in the fridge for two hours? Phil suggests that he just keeps licking the bowl
Dan feels they conceived a little egg filled with little eggs
Dan feeds the nest to Phil ("I'm feeding you, am I?"), then takes a bite himself, but from another place
Pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies - October 2015 (Dan's channel, 21m36 - almost twice as long as the previous ones)
Phil doing "kitchen exercises"
Phil says Dan can't have strippers on his channel (I may be reaching a bit here)
The whisk is back, but Phil isn't disturbed because he didn't see the video - evening plans sorted out
Dan: something to squeeze the icing out... (laughs) what? There's nothing inappropriate about it
Phil saying "sexy" after Dan says they need to mix the ingredients
Dan telling Phil to stick the pumpkin spice mix into his mouth, "Cinnamon challenge, cinnamon challenge" - Phil firmly refuses (because it's not 2007, duh)
Phil calling the bowl the big daddy, "Why did I say that?"
Dan winks after saying "Mix the butter and the sugar and whisk until fluffy"
Phil: slow motion butter cutting, that's a little side of youtube we haven't seen (cue Dan's "disturbed" reaction)
Dan, after cutting the butter: and the rest is for rubbing on my nipples (cue Phil's "disgusted face")
Dan trying to make Phil lick the knife covered in butter, Phil doesn't want to because he "did it last time"
Dan wants to bathe in butter mixed with sugar and molasses
"You're missing the hole" - "That's what she said"
Both calling the cookies "babies" a lot
"Oh my God, they are soft and hard at the same time... which for cookies is what you want. What?"
Phil to Dan who's decorating the marshmallow: is that a boob?
Dan made a suggestive (?) noise when he broke the cookie they were going to eat
Dan needs a private moment in the end
Monster pops - October 2016 (Dan's channel, 22m54s - I quoted dizzy and CallMeAyana in some notes, thank you guys for doing timestamps )
"Dan and Phil festive action"
Nipple action
Sexual attraction to spiders
Phil/Barry fic
Phil telling Dan to sniff it, Dan trying to lick the spoon instead."Not yet" and a wink after that
Dan moaning when Phil adds the peanut butter
"Anticipation is key"
"Can I lick the spoon now?" Phil says no because they're using it later, but lets him anyway. Dan moans, Phil is "disturbed". "That's what you subscribed for"
"Teach me Dad"
"Phil is getting bukkaked right in the middle of our kitchen", then another cheeky lick
"Oh, baby" - "Yas"
Dan thinks the mixture is sexy and wants to pour it all over his body
"Go mental, Phil." "Come on, give people what they want". "Sweet shit" (well, you've all seen it... I also think that Dan's "Hi, giant light" after that is the same kind of "distract!" reaction as the brand rant after the shot of Phil's butt in the DITL)
Dan is horny - no reaction from Phil before Dan's own
"We're putting the stick into the monster's un...baked muscle" with corresponding gestures
Phil's sexual noise pushing the stick into the ball, Dan saying it needs to get flagged
thicc
"Monster and chill"
Obligatory consent mention from Dan
"Hard balls, ready for soaking"
"Get that naughty ball covered in chocolate"
"This is gonna be orgasmic"
Another very, um, disturbing lick from Dan
"I want your ass" - no visible reaction from either
Dan is "actually" having an orgasm, "this should be illegal"
"I would eat me any day of the week"
(all in all, more innuendos than even last year, not one no homo reaction, not one explicitly heterosexual reference - no boobs, no "what she said", a lot of just laughing instead of backtracking)
And now for something completely different, also under spoiler because DAPGO and Deppy negativity
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THOSE BUNK PICTURES
I'm sorry, I know it was discussed to death, I know they don't owe us anything, but why, why, why didn't they choose literally any other explanation for their sleeping arrangements? I don't care what's actually true, I care about how it looks - and it looks like trolling, especially after the baking video and Dan's youtube comment, as Phil would say, what is the truth?
I love how the innuendos progressively got longer
eevee
emo goose

This is nice:
coffeepenguin wrote:(all in all, more innuendos than even last year, not one no homo reaction, not one explicitly heterosexual reference - no boobs, no "what she said", a lot of just laughing instead of backtracking)
But other than that, I feel like a lot of the same things were done in monster pops as previous vids. The moaning/sex noises when putting ingredients into the bowl, talking about wanting to rub the mixture all over his body, feeding each other or giving each other the spoon to lick, eating the finished product and acting super pleasured.

I feel like this video isn't a huge huge difference from previous videos, but I like that you pointed out the lack of heterosexual references. That makes me happy Also the lack of backtracking. I think you're right that the videos are getting more and more sexual, which is cool!! I just don't think this should be super surprising, yknow?

Thank you SO much for compiling this!!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
sealed
first-time poster

You know, dan's youtube comment got me thinking...

The halloween video really takes innuendos to a whole new level. They're practically whacking us on the head with them (like phil spatula-ing dan :lol: ), and the phandom in general was caught off-guard because boom, suddenly, deppy are being so blatant about innuendos. We're used to subtle smirks and smiling at the camera, stuff that would probably be completely missed by a younger, more naive viewer, but now we have a video that's undoubtedly a "sexual mess".

*edit: whoops, just saw coffeepenguin's compilation. totally forgot how manny innuendos are in baking videos my bad

When things are subtle, it's easy to (subconsciously) infer that it's less deliberate and less deliberate means it's more genuine. We kind of want to think it's just deppy's inner dirty minds lowkey appearing in their videos that they otherwise keep "teen-friendly." When they start throwing innuendos everywhere, the subtle is gone. For me at least, it reminded me of how innuendos are an unspoken part of dan and phil's brand and it reminded me of how much of what we watch is the D&P brand, and how little of what we watch is real life dan and phil.

I'm not implying that if something is part of their brand, it isn't a 'real' side of them. But realistically, we know deppy see themselves as entertainers. look at TABINOF and DAPGO and TATINOF. it's clear that the phandom and dan and phil is not on fire is separate from their personal life, which they're very private about. D&P is their online world.

(And "brand" shouldn't imply negatives things like dishonesty or anything. we want to be entertained, and branding and personas are often just heightened versions of oneself that's more entertaining than realism.)

but I just guess that the point is the halloween baking video reminded me of how innuendos are a part of the deppy brand. and dan's comment reminds us about how self-aware they really are and how controlled self-edited content is, something I find really easy to forget.

or something. this seemed more interesting when I started writing this post.

welp. also hi guys, i love lurking, nice to meet y'all. :)
sorry my first post is so rambly :(
majitzu
angel bean

#DAPGOOSE

edit: if you want to look coupley with Phil in a photo make Dan stand to your left, the need of expose his right side of the face will make him look less involved in the photo. And you can have Phil beautiful face for yourself

i love them
loststars
living flop

DAPGO spoilers

This is very majestic! And still ~on brand. :D

Some photos I've seen so far look quite couple-y...

this is adorable
(c)itscomicdans
anathema
morning quiff

majitzu wrote:
#DAPGOOSE

edit: if you want to look coupley with Phil in a photo make Dan stand to your left, the need of expose his right side of the face will make him look less involved in the photo. And you can have Phil beautiful face for yourself

i love them
Completely irrelevant but I am the only one who thinks it's kinda funny all three of those girls look fairly similar? :lol:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
majitzu
angel bean

anathema wrote: Completely irrelevant but I am the only one who thinks it's kinda funny all three of those girls look fairly similar? :lol:

I had to double check they were different people before posting this
Philena
blobfish

I literally thought the 2nd and 3rd were the same girl.

Damn, they both look good. Love Phil's eyes in natural lighting (and when not being bugged out).
majitzu
angel bean

Thanks Emma
melon lord
morning quiff

I acquired the program that's used to make those 3D rotating texts that you find on tumblr so I'm shameless and I don't care fite me

realeyesrealize
living flop

missemma you're blessing us with your videos on twitter, thank you so much
majitzu
angel bean

Come on Phil! ... I guess Phil is really uncoordinated. Hear everybody singing Danger Men at Work is amazing, thanks Emma
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

majitzu wrote:Thanks Emma
Thank you so much for these! I don't even have to turn the sound up to know they (especially Dan) are being uber dorky.

I pre-ordered DAPGO from the website because I am a whore for bookmarks. I have no idea when it will come in the mail, but from what I have seen thus far (I love the spoilers) it's about 200 pages of domestic bliss.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

majitzu wrote: #DAPGOOSE

i love them
This made me Crack up so hard, like srly I would def crop Dan out and post on twitter with the caption "me and & bf" just so I can mess with phandom a bit and idk maybe Dan would see it and challenge me to a duel? :thumb: Fite me Dan

-Thank you Emma and Majitzu !!
Phil Lester is a genius
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

JoeAverage wrote:
majitzu wrote: #DAPGOOSE

i love them
This made me Crack up so hard, like srly I would def crop Dan out and post on twitter with the caption "me and & bf" just so I can mess with phandom a bit and idk maybe Dan would see it and challenge me to a duel? :thumb: Fite me Dan

-Thank you Emma and Majitzu !!
I was actually supposed to say the same thing. It'll be fun to crop out Dan.
psychicmoth
living flop

Thank you missemma!
... "if it was a person I'd take him on a date" ?

Good one Phil
And it's time to fight, Spaniel!
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

:lol: Somehow I’m not surprised by this.

Thanks missemma for the cute clips.
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

update: the $10 shipping was worth it. ive acquired my book a day early
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
DeadlyNova
living flop

Does anyone know if the D&P Shop actually gets pre-ordered things to you on the day they come out? I bought DAPGO from the US shop, and as far as I can tell it hasn't even shipped yet. When TABINOF came out I preordered it from Amazon and got it the day it came out, but I'm not sure if that's the case with the D&P Shop? Does anyone know?

I'd like to think I'd get it the day I'm supposed to considering I paid $10 for shipping and am literally just a few hours away from where they ship from. :|