Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I know Dan and Phil have used the tube to get to the train station before but Heathrow and Gatwick are so far that there is no way they'd tube it there. Also, the last few times they've been away they've always mentioned getting an Uber. Westminister would be an odd way to get to the airport though, although where he was was quite close to Victoria train station which does have the Gatwick express from it. The last time they went to Florida for the tour, they both went separately but from Gatwick.

I would have assumed he would have been going to a fireworks display though or something else, there is no chance he would be tweeting that he's in a taxi if going to the airport, they are smarter than that.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote:I would have assumed he would have been going to a fireworks display though or something else, there is no chance he would be tweeting that he's in a taxi if going to the airport, they are smarter than that.
Yeah, there's no way Dan would tweet a pic he took from a taxi on the way to the airport unless he was already at his destination.

I also think at this point if there was only two days between Phil leaving and Dan joining, they'd have just flown together. I do love the idea that Dan will join Phil, but Phil's presumably in Florida until the 13th (since he's got to be in LA on the 14th) there's time for the Lesters to have solo family time (since we know Cornelia isn't there either) and Dan to still join but a few days later.

(Or maybe they'll just meet early in LA. Dan did see the Lesters just a few weeks ago, it's not like he's being deprived of in-law bonding.)
karma_yeah
philussy

Phil tweeted he was back in the land of alligators and pancakes on the 4th. If Dan doesn't join him until the 13th that's a whole 9 days apart.

Someone did a calendar of their time apart before (sorry I don't have a link). Have they spent that much time apart before in recent years?
What goes around, comes around Image
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

[offtopic][/offtopic]Just incase anyone missed the announcement at the top, we have made a super quick IDB survey in this thread. Grateful to anyone who wants to complete it

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
majitzu
angel bean

missemma wrote:[offtopic][/offtopic]Just incase anyone missed the announcement at the top, we have made a super quick IDB survey in this thread. Grateful to anyone who wants to complete it
thanks I didn't noticed it
karma_yeah
philussy

I didn't see it either, so thanks!

It will be interesting to see how the IDB demographics compare to s general demographics.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

karma_yeah wrote:Phil tweeted he was back in the land of alligators and pancakes on the 4th. If Dan doesn't join him until the 13th that's a whole 9 days apart.

Someone did a calendar of their time apart before (sorry I don't have a link). Have they spent that much time apart before in recent years?
Oh my fucking god i'm actually panicking for Dan cuz how can he survive without Phil for that long?! 5 days, maybe, a week, barely, but 9 days??!?
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

karma_yeah wrote:Phil tweeted he was back in the land of alligators and pancakes on the 4th. If Dan doesn't join him until the 13th that's a whole 9 days apart.

9 days??? We should be seeing codependent!Dan posts sometime soon, then
karma_yeah
philussy

jesuisunèléve wrote:

9 days??? We should be seeing codependent!Dan posts sometime soon, then
We can dream :D

Any word on a LS today for Phil?
karma_yeah
philussy

Sorry to double post. Just saw his tweet, no LS :cry:
howdareyou
not a first-time poster

i even registered for this, even though i've been quite happy just lurking haha but anyway! hi guys.

wanted to ask, because i'm quite confused by this, but i visited socialblade to see those statistics for d&p channels for the first time in my life and i'm not sure how that works.
so, if you go on socialblade and search for their profiles, there are general numbers like subscribers/video views ranks and all that, and then "network/claimed by" and the names of networks. like for example for dan it's DanHowellLimited. and at first i thought that it's something youtubers create for themselves, like for financial purposes or something, but then i clicked on it to see who else has the same network, and there are also a bunch of fan youtube channels? like for phan edits or d&p liveshows? what does this MEAN hahaha
sorry i'm just confused but maybe i'm misunderstanding this completely, so in my defence i caught cold a couple days ago and my brain doesn't work :D
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

howdareyou wrote:i even registered for this, even though i've been quite happy just lurking haha but anyway! hi guys.

wanted to ask, because i'm quite confused by this, but i visited socialblade to see those statistics for d&p channels for the first time in my life and i'm not sure how that works.
so, if you go on socialblade and search for their profiles, there are general numbers like subscribers/video views ranks and all that, and then "network/claimed by" and the names of networks. like for example for dan it's DanHowellLimited. and at first i thought that it's something youtubers create for themselves, like for financial purposes or something, but then i clicked on it to see who else has the same network, and there are also a bunch of fan youtube channels? like for phan edits or d&p liveshows? what does this MEAN hahaha
sorry i'm just confused but maybe i'm misunderstanding this completely, so in my defence i caught cold a couple days ago and my brain doesn't work :D
Welcome!

I do believe that's a glitch, I don't think Dan actually claimed these channel.

According to a reliable witness, Dan is indeed not in Florida with Phil. Let's see how he's gonna survive in the next 6 days.
blueapple_x
flower crown

The fact that Phil put an octopus in his tweet next to the video camera....and Dan's interesting reaction/behaviour when mentioning the video in his liveshow last week....Yep, I'm looking forward to this anime video lol.
31:15

(In case anyone is wondering, Dan hinted at an upcoming anime video around 43:25. He also mentioned in a previous liveshow that he was going to do another anime recommendations video).
I think it's pretty safe to say the main anime vid will be on AP and the DINI video will be the recommendations vid.
Last edited by blueapple_x on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bassoonage
drama llama

On topic with the socialblade analytics

I have noticed a lack of growth in their channels since the tour and I wonder if they are at all concerned with their futures? I feel like doing dapgo and the tour and making themselves more versatile and marketable was really smart. I hope their are investing their money etc. I am just super paranoid about all of the people who make money off of YouTube in case it ever goes down like Vine did. Also I am pretty sure that it isn't a profitable platform for Google.

I think they are really smart with their money though (just the occasional splurge on Yeezy merch). It just makes me wonder if they have other plans because they no longer enjoy the platform or don't see it as sustainable.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

@ missemma

i am 100% sure i met you at dapgoose (if you went)
anathema
morning quiff

Didn't see it mentioned here so:
Phil tweeted this and Dan liked it. I thought it was kinda sweet (also can they just move out and get a dog already...)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

anathema wrote:Didn't see it mentioned here so:
Phil tweeted this
and Dan liked it. I thought it was kinda sweet (also can they just move out and get a dog already...)
In the past few hours, Dan also liked three posts Phil reblogged on tumblr which kind of gives the impression he was just on Phil's blog checking it out.
eevee
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:In the past few hours, Dan also liked three posts Phil reblogged on tumblr which kind of gives the impression he was just on Phil's blog checking it out.
omg he already misses him
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
karma_yeah
philussy

eevee wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:In the past few hours, Dan also liked three posts Phil reblogged on tumblr which kind of gives the impression he was just on Phil's blog checking it out.
Aww! But would we expect anything less? After all, he is Phil trash #1
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Hello chaps. I have returned like the prodigal son nobody asked for or noticed was gone.

Life got hella busy and then when it quietened down I'd missed so much I actually found it too daunting to even open IDB :lol:

Anyway I'm annoying even myself asking everyone on twitter what's going on all the time. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up because I don't have a spare 6 months, although if anyone has a strong desire to convey to me the salient details in a PM I wouldn't be mad at ya ;)

Hope you're all well dumplings
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
SquishPhan
capita£ester

karma_yeah wrote:
eevee wrote:
Aww! But would we expect anything less? After all, he is Phil trash #1
Very cute. And Dan does need to establish himself as Phil trash #1 every so often. ;)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lmao @ the phandom just waiting for Dan to descend into madness while Phil is away.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

pearshaped34 wrote:Was he actually spotted in Westminster or is this just by the hairdresser picture?
If it's just the picture my guess is he wasn't actually there last night but some other time. Dan always seems to tweet pictures at least several days after they were taken.
Why wouldn't he be in Westminster though? It was Bonfire Night (which I completely missed, even though I wanted to celebrate too, blame Nanowrimo for this one) and I guess he'd go celebrate even without Phil. :D I think he'll be fine, even if Phil was really gone for nine days. He has other friends. We might get a video out of this though, he usually films something when Phil isn't there. :lol:
000dia000
emo goose

Dan isn't completely co-dependent on Phil (well actually, I hope not :? )
The phandom likes to romanticize the weirdest stuff
Yes, Dan has in the past made depressive tweets in Phil absence but when he has thousands of phan accounts @ him all day taunting and begging for these tweets, as if he's going to tweet them
I can understand how they can really disengage with the phandom, who like to act and pretend as if they're in the relationship and dictate how they should react. It's like everybody celebrating their anniversary of when they first met except for dan and phil themselves.
:cactus:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Birdie wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:Was he actually spotted in Westminster or is this just by the hairdresser picture?
If it's just the picture my guess is he wasn't actually there last night but some other time. Dan always seems to tweet pictures at least several days after they were taken.
Why wouldn't he be in Westminster though? It was Bonfire Night (which I completely missed, even though I wanted to celebrate too, blame Nanowrimo for this one) and I guess he'd go celebrate even without Phil. :D I think he'll be fine, even if Phil was really gone for nine days. He has other friends. We might get a video out of this though, he usually films something when Phil isn't there. :lol:
I didn't think the picture was from another day because I thought Dan couldn't be out and about without Phil I thought that because Dan usually only tweets something that could be giving away his location until after his no longer there.

That being said as someone else said he also replied to someone that he took it from a moving taxi so it very well may have been taken that evening as it was just something he passed on the way to his destination.

And I agree Dan is going to be fine. I think everyone on here knows that to be honest. Yes people like to make jokes about their co-dependency and these jokes clearly make some others uncomfortable but I really don't think anyone really believes Dan is so dependent on Phil he curls up into the fetal position and can't function when his away.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.