Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
daphenaxa
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

dan is so beautiful
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

visiblelurker wrote:Contributing a incredibly "useful" post for posterity sake.
In a 13 minute video, Dan mentioned Phil's name outright 15 times and then referenced him as part of a we/us/our type a further 13 more times.
now this is what I am here for

(both that IDB attention to detail, and dan actually being unable to exhale without it somehow relating to phil)

In news that surprises no one, I genuinely loved both of the videos but Phil's especially. They're so loose and open with each other right now and I'm thrilled over it. I keep thinking back to fancybum's post earlier in the thread and just wanting to jump up and down and point to it. They're so happy! They're! So! Happy!

And them being happy is wonderful to watch, for me, since them interacting/their chemistry/their personalities are the main appeal to me as a viewer.
eevee
emo goose

I've only seen the cosplay video so far but it was pretty good. I feel like it peaked when Dan tackled Phil and then kinda went downhill, with Dan shamelessly pushing his fringe off his face being the next saving grace. That goes along with the theory that they don't wear their fringes on their foreheads a lot of the time for comfort (or was the theory that they push their fringes back to go out in public? I can't remember.)

Their spikey anime hair was cute, I think they should always wear little pieces on their foreheads like that, especially Dan! I also screamed when they revealed that they were doing makoharu because I'm aware of how big that ship is (even though I don't remember much of Free!).

My friend who watches basically every youtuber with more than 10k subs had actually beat me to watching this video, and he noted that he felt it was especially flirty and touchy-feely for them. I asked him if he'd seen the baking videos and he said yes. I guess he was talking about all the hair-playing and scarf adjusting and eye opening. He also noted what a few of you guys mentioned with the baking video that Dan seems to be extremely comfortable with joint content now compared to the past. Interesting how casual viewers pick up on some of the same things we talk about, haha. Or maybe my friend's a secret huge trashcan phannie.

Was Dan making a dick joke with the beak placement comment?

Not gonna talk about the *other* joke made although I feel like I'm losing years of my life here
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DeadlyNova
living flop

That video was something else. It took me around 45 minutes to watch it even though it's only like 12 minutes because I kept pausing it and shoving my face into my pillow.... :lol: (For some reason I have a strange aversion to watching people I like talk about things I like. IDK)

It was adorable though. The Attack on Titan and Free! cosplays were beautiful and, although I've never watched Food Wars, that one definitely made me laugh a lot. xD Although red is definitely not a good hair color on Phil, haha.

I feel Dan on the contact thing. I recently did a cosplay where I was going to buy colored contacts but I chickened out at the last minute. I wear glasses though, so every time I cosplay I just wander around blind the entire time because I'm terrified of putting something in my eye. Going to an anime convention with me is a task for whoever I'm with, haha.

I haven't watched Dan's anime rec. video yet because I needed a chance to breathe after that last one, but I'm excited for it! I'm sure I've probably seen almost everything he's going to recommend, though. xD The first one was actually super good because I got into one of my favorite animes(Magi) because of it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I enjoyed that, especially for #spon. Ads don't have to be the worst thing ever if the YouTuber is genuinely interested in the product. More proof they actually hate Dragon Shitty & Co.

- Me at the title: Uh oh.
- lol @ HELLO DAN AND PHIL GAMES :lol:
- If I don't get Dan in a maid costume or seifuku by the end of this what's the point?
- 'What are you gonna have me dressing as?' Nothing out of the ordinary I'm sure ;)
- 'I no longer have the shaves sides' Maybe there is a God loOK HOW MUCH BETTER HIS HAIR LOOKS PEOPLE.
- Dan is mad hyped to touch and comb Phil's hair awww.
- Phil never combs his hair. 'That's how you get this scruffy emo look.'
- The scarf makes that outfit tbh.
- Well that suit is made out of all of my nightmares. :(
- Dan really has a thing for nipple play doesn't he? He just can't stop touching himself.
- I expected Dan to complain about he would rather have a Samezuka jacket because that one is black but he didn't. #rebranding
- YAAAAAAS MAKOHARU. We know Dan ships it.
- Omg baby Dan's first contact lense experience. Love Phil talking him through it.
- Well that was a relatable fail. Contact lenses weren't my thing either.
- Their pronunciation of Makoto kills me.
- So I'm getting Dan in a squid outfit, but not in a skirt. Disappointing. :sideeye:
- Yikes that wig is worse than the squid outfit.
- @ Phil plz never dye your hair anything near that shade.
- Stylist Dan is everything tbh.
- 'Philly'
- 'This might be the last video I'll ever do on your channel' Ok Dan, see you back in two weeks for PINOF.
- What the fuck am I watching.
- Silly me thinking DAPGO wouldn't make an appearance.

Mostly zoned out during Dan's anime recs but:
- A lot of Phil mentions with some casual 'we' thrown around as well, like the actual married couple they are.
'Phil.' 'Me and Phil. 'We watched this,' 'Phil said.'
I'm dead serious if this would be the first video I ever saw of Dan I'd just figure Phil was his boyfriend this isn't even my Phan bias talking.
- I'm so glad they enjoyed Fruits Basket. Furuba is one the first anime I ever watched (if I'm correct I only watched Mermaid Melody and Fullmoon wo Sagashite before that) and my friends and I were obsessed with it. I hope they read the manga tbh, it's a loooooot longer than the anime with so many more characters and it gets really dramatic but it's totally incredible. One of my favorite shoujo manga.
- Excuse u Dan, Free! Starting Days was basically MakoHaru The Movie. Ignore the pre-teens angsting and fighting about nothing, enjoy the beautiful bond of your ship and the quality animation.
visiblelurker wrote:Contributing a incredibly "useful" post for posterity sake.
In a 13 minute video, Dan mentioned Phil's name outright 15 times and then referenced him as part of a we/us/our type a further 13 more times.
I thank you for doing this
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ccgs
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

Sakura Selfie wrote:I loved both vids but as someone whose entire anime knowledge is the first 8 episodes of death note and nothing else (I started randomly watching last week I'm still watching it's just the first one I've seen!) can anyone explain why Dan made his eyes like that in the thumbnail please?
It's a common way that eyes are drawn in anime and manga. Usually the eyes he had are used for girls in anime/manga.
starlight-still
truth bomb

We all needed that. We needed it so much. Bless them.
I laughed, I cried, I gave Phil props for his Japanese pronunciation (for some words it wasn’t half bad, mr. linguist’s still got it…we won’t talk about “hair-roo” and “mack-cat-toe”). It was kinda like anime #spon punk edits-style and it worked. I had a really nice time.

Favorite moments:
- Phil in a black jacket oh my
- Dan was like your elementary school friend who gets really excited about doing your hair when he got to make Phil’s part, it was so tender and sweet.
- Phil’s part looks weird as heck but he can kinda rock it? Like if he was playing some kind of spooky role it’d work
- Also tell me I’m not the only one who was checking out his eyebrows and I mean he does nothing to ‘em
- When they pose for Titan Phil does the face from pg. 52 of DAPGO
- Btw, if you don’t wear them: contacts can totally slip behind your eye. It is not fun. Trust me.
- Dan de-fringing himself in anguish over the squid costume :lol:
- I really enjoyed Phil’s little comments about the orders that didn’t arrive and the wig that didn’t work out...sometimes all it takes is a dash of sass
- Toriel goes Eurovision
- Did Phil just whip out an actual meat cleaver? :shock:
- Love the way Phil said “shokugeki”
- This Valentine’s Day…ask your sweetheart…Will you be my food?
- Everything about Dan attacking Phil with the squid costume. His gritty look of determination. The censoring. The “terror” theme music edited in in the background. “We’re about to get like an anime.””Woooooo!”
- For real, though, they just...have that knife?

Dan’s anime recs: It’s always nice to see a more relaxed Dan in that half step between waffling away in a ls and a DINOF video. Shout out to fellow Fruits Basket fans! And I agree with them on Death Parade
Rigby
lady door

Loved the videos! But I was really looking forward to seeing Dan with those contact lenses :'(
koalaselfie
living flop

Loved both videos! :)
I feel like I'm quite literally the last person on the planet (or at least the Internet) to not be into anime at this point lol, but it speaks volumes about these two that they're almost selling it to me :lol:
Phil's vid was so touchy-feely and kayute. Low-key annoyed Dan didn't manage to get the contacts in/gave up so easily (and yes, they can migrate behind your eye. It's the ~jean-ralphio singing~ wOOOooooRst!) although maybe his eyes would have been too dark for the colour in the lens to show up? Probs not just guessing
Dan's recs - well, I don't watch anime so it was basically 13 mins of wanting to turn on a microphone (y so lo-fi?) Oh, and watching the trees out of the window ~aesthetic~ (But tbf, Death Parade sounds amazing so I might give that a shot!)
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
eevee
emo goose

Hey I forgot: why didn't Dan put on the pokemon trainer cosplay he ordered?? When I first saw the title of this video, I literally thought that was why they made it, to shoehorn that cosplay into a video to make buying it worth it. I are disappoint.

Also: do you guys think Dan edited and uploaded this to Phil's channel since he's busy having quality Lester time?
Catallena wrote:- Dan really has a thing for nipple play doesn't he? He just can't stop touching himself.
- 'Philly'
- 'This might be the last video I'll ever do on your channel' Ok Dan, see you back in two weeks for PINOF.
Yeah i noticed the constant nipple rubbing, lol. Joke or little insight into his sex life?
I also enjoyed the "Philly" ~
Dan's def going to be on Phil's channel again, lmao. I would even go as far as to say that I think they chose those cosplays together and it wasn't a surprise, just like the kangaroo suit. Also, I feel like part of this "rebranding" is allowing for more and more joint videos and I am absolutely living.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
isabella
butt chair

eevee wrote:Hey I forgot: why didn't Dan put on the pokemon trainer cosplay he ordered?? When I first saw the title of this video, I literally thought that was why they made it, to shoehorn that cosplay into a video to make buying it worth it. I are disappoint.

Also: do you guys think Dan edited and uploaded this to Phil's channel since he's busy having quality Lester time?
Catallena wrote:- Dan really has a thing for nipple play doesn't he? He just can't stop touching himself.
- 'Philly'
Yeah i noticed the constant nipple rubbing, lol. Joke or little insight into his sex life?
Dan's def going to be on Phil's channel again, lmao. I would even go as far as to say that I think they chose those cosplays together and it wasn't a surprise, just like the kangaroo suit. Also, I feel like part of this "rebranding" is allowing for more and more joint videos and I am absolutely living.
I'm popping in to comment on this because I literally texted the same thing to my friend after watching. This seemed a little too much like Dan's editing style to me! I'm not complaining, it was very well done and probably not that noticeable for the casual viewer. However, the little text saying "pls kill me" was a dead giveaway for Dan's editing touch for me haha! I'm sure they help out with each other's editing quite a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dan edited most if not all of this one.
timtam
lady door

I really liked the cosplay video! Just as I think my interest in them is waning they post this and the baking video.

I also watched Dan's anime recommendations video. I'm relatively new to anime so it was nice to add a couple of shows to my to watch list. However, he could have been a bit more descriptive with some animes. With Haikyuu he was like 'it's about volleyball' 'phil isn't that into it anymore'. Wow Dan, as if I couldn't figure out Haikyuu is about volleyball from one google search? I wanna seriously know what you think about it! What do you like the most, why is it worth watching? (and this is totally not because i'm obsessed with haikyuu at all nope ).
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

the cosplay video was cute, i wish it included some more #philopinions, but hey, deppy playing dress up and being generally cute, i'm definitely not gonna complain

dan's rec video was also good, i hope we get another one in the future after he has watched korra because i want to see him talk about it, surprised yuri on ice got mentioned, he didn't seem too into it last time he mentioned it, and what's up with the black butler shade lol? he did it twice and still linked it in the description, make up your mind boy (14 years old me would be very angry at him, it used to be my favorite anime), and i'm taking this as proof they didn't continue watching code geass a few months ago, 21 years old me is very angry right now, i don't understand how they could have possibly not liked it :cry:
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

i loved that video!!! normally i'm not one for spon but i felt like they really enjoyed that !! they were super cute as well, i noticed they were very touchy-feely in vid. my favorite parts were

-the tackle hug or whatever the hell that was
-dan the hairdresser aw
-"fuck me phil"
-makoharu
-the green contacts. oh god i would've cried if dan put them in can you imagine

also, dan recommended yuri on ice in his dini video!! i love love love yuri on ice and it's actually the only anime i watch. i'm glad he liked it enough to put it in, hopefully he's realized it's not a queerbait-anime.
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

tylerrjoseph wrote:i loved that video!!! normally i'm not one for spon but i felt like they really enjoyed that !! they were super cute as well, i noticed they were very touchy-feely in vid. my favorite parts were

-phil in black??? someone get me an inhaler
-the tackle hug or whatever the hell that was
-dan the hairdresser aw
-philly
-"fuck me phil"
-makoharu
-the green contacts. oh god i would've cried if dan put them in can you imagine

also, dan recommended yuri on ice in his dini video!! i love love love yuri on ice and it's actually the only anime i watch. i'm glad he liked it enough to put it in, hopefully he's realized it's not a queerbait-anime.
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Is it just me, or does anyone else find Dan's facial expression in the Anime Cosplay video's thumbnail 'effing hilarious? He looks so done with it..
kuensukki
janice from the shop

eevee wrote:
- 'Philly'
It looks like Phil knew exactly where Dan's real nipples were located ;)

I loved the video it was fond and cute and thats all I can say about it
majitzu
angel bean

anathema
morning quiff

majitzu wrote:

I wonder if their parents watched it too? :lol:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

The AP video: I cringed so hard, but I had a good time.
(Which is pretty solid summary of most of my relationship with them. :lol: )

It was good silly content, I was into it, but the cringe was indeed pretty darn high. Not even sure why though, as there's nothing wrong with cosplaying of course, but something about watching it happen had me covering my face and looking frantically around the room to see if anyone could see me watching it.

Also as an avid cosplay contacts wearer I was near freaking out at that part. More often than not you can't just shove freshly packaged cosplay lenses right onto your eye! They have their own extensive care routine you have to go through to make sure everything is clean and prepared, otherwise your eye is gonna sting SOOO BAD and that's definitely not going to help a first-time lenses wearer.

Or maybe it's all fine and I don't actually know what I'm talking about. What I DO know is that I too would have killed to see Dan in them.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
human
dan hand trash

I absolutely loved the new video, nothing to whinge about at all. It was glorious content and it makes me so excited to see what continues to come; so long as there are things for me to have a giggle at, I'm one happy deppster.

I also would have loved to see Dan with green eyes; I have green eyes myself and just think the photoshops of them with different coloured eyes are interesting lol. I've worn contacts for some 8 years and am naturally SO squeamish about eyes, although I'm fully desensitised when it's mine, but god I had to cover the screen at that part I couldn't deal lol. Dan did better than I did my first time getting lenses anywhere near me though haha.

Edit Amused that Phil was so shocked with the titan outfit when he literally would have had to help zip Dan up lolol. I can't fault their reactions lol really cute.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

majitzu wrote:
Haven't watched the new vids but this tweet cracked me up.

This is the mostly the reason why I think phil and marzia (cutiepiemarzia) would be good friends, they both have the "creepy but cute af" thing going on.

also both their bf have similar sense of humor :thumb: :gg:
Phil Lester is a genius
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Ok watched the videos, also sorry for double posting but it took me forever because I was screen shooting every 5 seconds and I can't edit my other post.

Phil vid: (besides all that has already been said)
-can phil wear that black jumper/jacket more often? also that white shirt. thank
-am i the only that liked phils parted on the middle hair ?? Srly?? No one got the "sexy vamp" vibe? k
- 2:38 phil sass is good sass for dan's ass.
- phil petting Dan, more like :therethere:
-Glasses weirdo
-squid outfit (phil's evil/cute laugh):

p: it was so hard to keep this a secret
d: where have you been keeping that?
p: I've been hiding it under my bed
confirmed: deppy have no secrets between eachother and visit eachothers room so much that phil has to put stuff under his bed to keep them hidden from dan, ok :clapping: :thumb: good to know
-eurovison joke cracked me up so hard
-phil making Dan wear the weird costumes even though he promised not to (evil but precious) /
-Dan's chubby arms awww
-phil's cosplay is adorable, ignore those people messing with your unnatural red hair phil, you do you, you precious carrot top .
-idk why but I loved Dan fearing for his life and going "you don't know him guys" (10:55) there was true terror in his voice.

I am so sorry, but phil's nips were showing thru the whole video and I couldn't stop staring omg :gg: :shame:

Dan's vid: glad ik what phil likes and dislikes, thanks dan. A true hero that guy. :clapping:
-As a full anime nerd: fruits basket it's not fucking pure! opinion: I'm sorry but i always thought tohru was more dumb than nice (?)
-Dan you can't call yourself a full Otaku if you don't read manga, that's why you talk shit about kuroshitsuji (black butler) cos you don't know boi, you dont. :sideeye:
-ALSO Dan should watch d.gray-man and read one punch man. Just saying.
-I need to get the audio clip of min. 7:40 for science and art.
-Cracking up that he sponsored netflix anime too Hahahaha
- the actual title of this video:"we, we, us, us, phil, phil"
Last edited by JoeAverage on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
loststars
living flop

Loved the videos! And even though I'm not interested in anime, Dan's video made me smile a lot, he seemed so much more natural, ~softer in a way. Same with his previous rec vid, feels like he's talking to a friend instead of playing it all up.

You guys are so right about them looking so happy! What's the deal? Did the tour bring them even closer together? They're kiiiiiiinda giving me honeymoon vibes. Maybe all these meetings with fans did them good.
(c)itscomicdans
cold-tea
delia smith

JoeAverage wrote:Ok watched the videos, also sorry for double posting but it took me forever because I was screen shooting every 5 seconds and I can't edit my other post.

Phil vid: (besides all that has already been said)
-can phil wear that black jumper/jacket more often? also that white shirt. thank
-am i the only that liked phils parted on the middle hair ?? Srly?? No one got the "sexy vamp" vibe? k
- 2:38 phil sass is good sass for dan's ass.
- phil petting Dan, more like :therethere:
-Glasses weirdo
-squid outfit (phil's evil/cute laugh):

p: it was so hard to keep this a secret
d: where have you been keeping that?
p: I've been hiding it under my bed
confirmed: deppy have no secrets between eachother and visit eachothers room so much that phil has to put stuff under his bed to keep them hidden from dan, ok :clapping: :thumb: good to know
-eurovison joke cracked me up so hard
-phil making Dan wear the weird costumes even though he promised not to (evil but precious) /
-Dan's chubby arms awww
-phil's cosplay is adorable, ignore those people messing with your unnatural red hair phil, you do you, you precious carrot top .
-idk why but I loved Dan fearing for his life and going "you don't know him guys" (10:55) there was true terror in his voice.

I am so sorry, but phil's nips were showing thru the whole video and I couldn't stop staring omg :gg: :shame:

Dan's vid: glad ik what phil likes and dislikes, thanks dan. A true hero that guy. :clapping:
-As a full anime nerd: fruits basket it's not fucking pure! opinion: I'm sorry but i always thought tohru was more dumb than nice (?)
-Dan you can't call yourself a full Otaku if you don't read manga, that's why you talk shit about kuroshitsuji (black butler) cos you don't know boi, you dont. :sideeye:
-ALSO Dan should watch d.gray-man and read one punch man. Just saying.
-I need to get the audio clip of min. 7:40 for science and art.
-Cracking up that he sponsored netflix anime too Hahahaha
- the actual title of this video:"we, we, us, us, phil, phil"
This whole post cracked me up
JoeAverage wrote: I am so sorry, but phil's nips were showing thru the whole video and I couldn't stop staring omg :gg: :shame:
Samee