Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hmm
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

melon lord wrote:I do understand the whole "separate the artist from the music" thing because I really like the music of some problematic artists whose personality I find... eh... kind of unappealing, but Kanye is becoming a joke at this point. I'm almost unsure if that's why Dan stans him, because he tries to take him seriously when everyone else is laughing at him? am I going too deep into this?

Keep in mind I have not heard a single Kanye song so I don't know the quality of what he makes.
famous is actually good, as are some of his other songs, but his videos are gross and his personality is horrendous- no idea why dan likes him so much, but also i think it has become a 'thing' for him (there was another youtuber called Jamie's World who said she liked Channing Tatum in one video, it became a thing, and she then pretended to like him to continue the joke. she eventually told everyone the truth in a hilarious video.)
i feel like dan actually did like kanye from the start, but not nearly as much as he makes out- much more of a casual stan than he appears
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I really don't have problem with Dan enjoying his music but it's his stanning of the person Kanye that I dislike. Dan has disagreed in the past with Kanye's Shitty Action Of The Week but then he goes right back to stanning him and I side eye him for it a teeny tiny bit. And I just really don't believe it's ironic, if it was just a joke it would've been dropped by now after all of Kanye's bullshit.
Sakura Selfie wrote:don't think it's been mentioned yet the "Just touched down in London Town" caption is part of a Kanye song lol
Since reading the caption American Boy has been stuck in my head and I'm kinda mad about it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

Re: Phil's smile.
He has a wide smile, you see a lot of his gums as well. Some people can be conscious of that. Also if his teeth are slightly crooked or just for any plain old reason we don't know. However, I think we can all unanimously agree that his smile is delightful.
Obligatory compilation I can't help but just do below:
:cactus:
MoonPride
moon room

000dia000 wrote:Re: Phil's smile.
He has a wide smile, you see a lot of his gums as well. Some people can be conscious of that. Also if his teeth are slightly crooked or just for any plain old reason we don't know. However, I think we can all unanimously agree that his smile is delightful.
He's perfect
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel wounded by this post.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

Thank you for this! He's so very pretty...
SquishPhan
capita£ester

He looks great when he smiles, but I can understand why he might feel insecure about it.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

Sakura Selfie wrote:Kanye likes publicity and Kanye will say/do anything that pops into his head to get some more interest in him. I do like his music, i don't think it's been mentioned yet the "Just touched down in London Town" caption is part of a Kanye song lol
Yeah I noticed that but it was too easy to mention...means that Dan wasn't listening to Frank Ocean on the flight.

Well Dan has said that Kanye is misunderstood. Don't know if Dan can relate to that? Maybe he feels misunderstood?
cold-tea
delia smith

I love his smile<3
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Exactly! Thanks for the compilation. Phil's early videos are my go-to for that smile; it's nice to have some recent examples.

I'll have to learn how to quote a post properly.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

__
I think my heart just grew 3 sizes too big. Thank you for this!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh my, his smile is so delightful
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
uglyamerican
woodland creature

SquishPhan wrote:

He looks great when he smiles, but I can understand why he might feel insecure about it.
Not attacking you, and not being a Phil stan-ner, but his smile is perfectly fine, not "gummy" at all, and actually pretty much very pretty. He has nothing to be subconscious about.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

human wrote:
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: If this is true, then why did he post it? :? I hope it's delayed. But anyway, the boys are back in London. May they film PINOF 8 soon. :yippee:
Lol it was hours ago, he posted it after 6pm and its been pitch black here for hours haha oh Dan.
Yea, so looking at the flight schedules. To make it back to London from LA while it's still light outside means they departed in the late afternoon / early evening Thursday, LA time. Eleven hour flight crossing 8 time zones.... I don't sleep so well on airplanes, so I'd be ready for bed as soon as the taxi pulled up to my flat/loft/apartment.
DeadlyNova
living flop

000dia000 wrote:Image
I love this picture especially. omg.

God, I hope they film PINOF soon. It's been one of the things I've been looking forward to most this month!
MoonPride
moon room

Hoping nothing interests happens today because I'm taking my kid to meet Dantdm today. Lol!
JoeAverage
sad dimple

MoonPride wrote:
He's perfect
:lel: :lel:
This is a wonderful post threat thing to get back to, uni has been kicking my ass so this is like a cold drink in the dessert, thank you!!

The april month in the calendar was like sand in your eye though
Phil Lester is a genius
Philena
blobfish

Beautiful lighting. They all look gorgeous!
realeyesrealize
living flop

Philena wrote: Beautiful lighting. They all look gorgeous!
#teamshavedsides
gnostic
stress mushroom

hmm wrote:
melon lord wrote:I do understand the whole "separate the artist from the music" thing because I really like the music of some problematic artists whose personality I find... eh... kind of unappealing, but Kanye is becoming a joke at this point. I'm almost unsure if that's why Dan stans him, because he tries to take him seriously when everyone else is laughing at him? am I going too deep into this?

Keep in mind I have not heard a single Kanye song so I don't know the quality of what he makes.
famous is actually good, as are some of his other songs, but his videos are gross and his personality is horrendous- no idea why dan likes him so much, but also i think it has become a 'thing' for him (there was another youtuber called Jamie's World who said she liked Channing Tatum in one video, it became a thing, and she then pretended to like him to continue the joke. she eventually told everyone the truth in a hilarious video.)
i feel like dan actually did like kanye from the start, but not nearly as much as he makes out- much more of a casual stan than he appears
Actually in this one case if y'all read what Kanye said ypu'll realise media twisted it grossly
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

realeyesrealize wrote:
Philena wrote:
#teamshavedsides
I wonder if she caught them coming back from the haircut? Can't imagine they've have cheated on their regulars by going to someone in LA.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I still hate those ugly shaved sides, I'm sorry but Dan's haircut looks so bad and awkward to me. At least I don't spot them on Phil, shaved sides really didn't suit the shape of his head and slightly longer hair looks far better on him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Philena wrote:
They do look really nice. Though I'm still not on team shaved sides.

My advent calendar and 2017 calendar arrived today, so I'm a happy person right now. :D
isabella
butt chair

I feel personally attacked by this shaved sides discourse. It's my favourite look on Dan, seriously. Anyways, they look nice and it's good to see them back home!
starlight-still
truth bomb

Re: Phil’s teeth

Philip Michael Lester's smile could melt hell itself once it’s frozen over (which it might just have given recent world events). His teeth do have a bit of character, so to speak, which you can mainly see when he’s just speaking normally or holding his mouth open slightly (a bit more on the left side).

I’m thinking of this expression he has sometimes:

Like when you can just see the pointy one on the side a bit? It’s not really a sneer...it's hard to describe but it's a part of his natural look. If anything it only makes him more attractive. As an American, I and most everyone I know who grew up here had all manner of metal and plastic stuck up in their mouths as preteens and teens to achieve (or attempt to achieve) that perfectly aligned look. So when I see a mouth like Phil’s, I can’t help but be intrigued. It’s unique. It’s eye-catching.
And yes…it’s pretty sexy

I can see why he might be self-conscious about it, though, given the industry he's in and how much he has to look at his own face shooting and editing his own videos. I hope no one teased him about it, but sadly I could see that being that case as well. I noticed he covers his mouth a lot when he laughs, but I always thought it was his polite/gentle-ness more than self-consciousness in that case.

Re: Calendar (very minimal spoilers - I bleeped out any specific references in case you'd rather be surprised!)
I adore it. It's playful and sweet and all-age appropriate. Dan's facial expressions throughout, he commits And Phil looks like he's having a blast :lol: Even April- it's so terrible that it's actually endearing the lengths they'll go to make us all cringe/laugh/etc. Although I get to many out there it's like seeing their teachers or their dads dressed as you-know-whats while to me it's like a couple of dorky young guys who aren't afraid to look silly to make others smile June though where have they been hiding all of that?? We all know now that Phil knows what to do with his whatsit...and Dan's hand on that blankity blank is just...hot damn.
Re: The boys about London-town
I'm glad they're up and at 'em and wearing all black. And geez, would you look at Phil's mysteriously iridescent eyes in that late autumn sunlight, I mean just when you thought you'd seen every color they could be :shock: Dan's shaved sides- not my fav look of his fresh out the shop but it does seem to grow out nicely. Maybe he does it when he's about to hit to road/won't be able to get a haircut for a while?

On that note, do you think he'll chuck us a lil ls tomorrow between all of that jet-setting and city centre galavanting and gilded pineapple drank swilling and Euro-TATINOF performing and award show profiling? Phil-luh, don't forget about all us teeny tiny itsy bitsy microscopic amoeba plebs on the interwebs nah but if he's tired and wants to hibernate with danny tomorrow i would not blame him in the least