Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

(Gif source: darkphannie)

".....so we can open the fridge."
busy being happy~
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

smh at all of you not voting for 'a hot sexual mess' - I mean, that one would actually describe at least half the thread.

... pretty gifs, though.
apathy
sad dimple

uglyamerican wrote:Yea, and I wouldn't call the editing in the US version "censorship." It was likely a groupthink decision by a bunch of careerist mid-level publishing execs advised by overpaid/underworked lawyers about potential liability/backlash by church groups. It's all about the money (and having too many people involved in decisionmaking.)
Just did a quick wiki search on alcohol advertising in the US out of curiosity and it says this:
"Currently, the standard is that alcohol advertisements can only be placed in media where 70% of the audience is over the legal drinking age. Alcohol advertising's creative messages should not be designed to appeal to people under the age of 21..." blah blah etc. Not a law apparently, but self-regulatory so they don't get hit with actual laws.

DAPGO definitely doesn't hit the 70% mark. Even if it may not technically be advertising, it makes sense that the publishing company wouldn't risk it, there's way more to lose than gain. It sucks, but it's not worth it for them or anyone else.

I do realize that there's plenty of worse things both on their channels (and any casual stroll through tumblr), of course. Call it a case study in the disconnect between old media and new media maybe.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote:smh at all of you not voting for 'a hot sexual mess' - I mean, that one would actually describe at least half the thread.

... pretty gifs, though.
Don't look at me, I was all for bukkaked on the kitchen (think of all the lurkers that would have googled the meaning?), but alas my dream is dead.
Phil Lester is a genius
Winston
flower crown

apathy wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:Yea, and I wouldn't call the editing in the US version "censorship." It was likely a groupthink decision by a bunch of careerist mid-level publishing execs advised by overpaid/underworked lawyers about potential liability/backlash by church groups. It's all about the money (and having too many people involved in decisionmaking.)
Just did a quick wiki search on alcohol advertising in the US out of curiosity and it says this:
"Currently, the standard is that alcohol advertisements can only be placed in media where 70% of the audience is over the legal drinking age. Alcohol advertising's creative messages should not be designed to appeal to people under the age of 21..." blah blah etc. Not a law apparently, but self-regulatory so they don't get hit with actual laws.

DAPGO definitely doesn't hit the 70% mark. Even if it may not technically be advertising, it makes sense that the publishing company wouldn't risk it, there's way more to lose than gain. It sucks, but it's not worth it for them or anyone else.

I do realize that there's plenty of worse things both on their channels (and any casual stroll through tumblr), of course. Call it a case study in the disconnect between old media and new media maybe.
That's all well and good, but what about the Starbucks nipples? I assume 70% of readers, no matter what age, have a set of those.

But really I am v disappointed with the censoring that went on in the American (my) version. I wanted that god damn pic of Dan with the margarita's and the giant patron. One more reason for me to love my country...
actions speak louder than words
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

So this isn't very cool :\

http://radioheaddan.tumblr.com/post/152 ... -important

Like they obviously didn't know, but why didn't they look it up before publishing the picture and their dumb commentary? Maybe it's just me but even seeing that without context would make it obvious to me that that is not some random stack of rocks. Did really nothing tick them off that maybe this was kind of an important thing to people?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
basictrashfan
crusty sponge

Re: Censorship - I picked up DAPGO in a bookstore and flipped through it and saw the page where Dan is in the bunks and puts up the middle finger and wonder why it wasn't censored...

Re: #DAPGOOSE - Did anyone find the filming in some parts quite shaky or was that just me??
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
apathy
sad dimple

Winston wrote:That's all well and good, but what about the Starbucks nipples? I assume 70% of readers, no matter what age, have a set of those.
I didn't research nipple advertising, so I don't know what age you have to be to buy them. :D That's left as an adventure for someone else.

And I wasn't disagreeing that it's annoying/silly/whatever, just pointing out that from their standpoint, it made the most sense. It's more of a media industry thing, not just one book company being paranoid.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
karma_yeah
philussy

Like some other folks, I'm wondering if Dan is still in London, and I'm thinking he probably is. He was clear that "Phil was going to America", not "we" and Phil tweeted that he was there.

They usually run into fans at the airport, so I don't think they would go to all that effort, only to get caught traveling together. And Dan taking a different or slightly later flight would be equally sketchy, so I think Phil went alone.

I'm sure with the tour there are some last minute preparations to attend to.

We need a "I can't sleep" video from Dan
What goes around, comes around Image
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

Catallena wrote:So this isn't very cool :\

Like they obviously didn't know, but why didn't they look it up before publishing the picture and their dumb commentary? Maybe it's just me but even seeing that without context would make it obvious to me that that is not some random stack of rocks. Did really nothing tick them off that maybe this was kind of an important thing to people?
i don't live in canada nor did i know anything about the stonehenge pictured except for that it was in canada- but i remember reading that stupid commentary on it at stopping for a second. dan being the sjw he is im surprised they published that. even knowning nothing about the stonehenge, i knew it probably had to have an important meaning of some sort and idk i guess they were trying to be funny? but i didnt think it was funny it kinda just upset me and it mustve upset actual canadians a lot more- sorry canada )):
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

karma_yeah wrote:Like some other folks, I'm wondering if Dan is still in London, and I'm thinking he probably is. He was clear that "Phil was going to America", not "we" and Phil tweeted that he was there.

They usually run into fans at the airport, so I don't think they would go to all that effort, only to get caught traveling together. And Dan taking a different or slightly later flight would be equally sketchy, so I think Phil went alone.

I'm sure with the tour there are some last minute preparations to attend to.

We need a "I can't sleep" video from Dan
I mean we all thought that too back in April and Dan managed to fly out to florida literally three days after phil left. Dan was spotted at the airport the day he left for America. So who knows, I wouldn't say phil going alone is out of the cards just yet, I guess we'll find out in the next few days or so.

And oh my god, I was discussing that idea of a "sleepless nights with dan" video just the other day with a friend! Honestly, I can't see it being as great as Phil's but it would be quite amusing. But, it's totally not something Dan would probably want on dinof, so I can kiss that dream goodbye.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Reizam
butt chair

tylerrjoseph wrote:

i don't live in canada nor did i know anything about the stonehenge pictured except for that it was in canada- but i remember reading that stupid commentary on it at stopping for a second. dan being the sjw he is im surprised they published that. even knowning nothing about the stonehenge, i knew it probably had to have an important meaning of some sort and idk i guess they were trying to be funny? but i didnt think it was funny it kinda just upset me and it mustve upset actual canadians a lot more- sorry canada )):
Hey Canadian here. Yes this is a type of inuksuk (called inunnguaq), a landmark traditionally made by the Inuit of Canada to resemble a human for hunting and navigation and has great cultural significance. For instance, the flag of Nunavut (a territory in Canada) has the inuksuk.

As much as I enjoyed DAPGO, I was pretty disappointed in the commentary on that page. I mean, surely they can do a quick google search to figure out what it is and what it means to some people? I am not Inuit so I can't say it affected me on a personal level, but I'm sure for some it could be quite offensive.

[offtopic]As for the rest of what they said in the post... food prices are high because its expensive to transport food up north. Oftentimes, these places are only accessible by plane, so the government isn't trying to "make it" impossible to live, it's just a consequence of living in a remote area. There is also northern living allowance to accommodate this. But the poster wasn't wrong about the mistreatment of Indigenous people... its an embarrassing and shameful part of our history, and its still awful in many ways today.[/offtopic]
fancybum
senpai

Ok so I just finished DAPGO and this is going to be... a lot. These are just some gross thoughts I've been having for a while now that basically exploded after getting through the book.

Dan and Phil. They're. So. Happy. And they love tabinof so much, they loved tatinof so much, proud af, time of their lives, yada yada. And IMO (nonbelievers run away now, shoo), one gigantic part of why they loved it all so much is that it gave them an 'excuse' if you will to be glued to each other at all times and not feel any need to hide it. No need to explain it. Joining together to work on something that involves them both and that for two years would basically take over their lives is self-explanatory for joint travel, constant collaboration, etc. Living in each other's pockets to an extent we had never before seen, only because, leading up to that point, they felt the need to downplay it even though it has always been the case. Or attempt to downplay it. All that time spent insisting they're not a double act, they're not joined at the hip. But IMO that unease with being lumped together came not only from the (perfectly understandable at that time/any time) desire to establish their own individual identities on their separate channels (for Dan especially to feel like he earned his stripes on his own, not just because Phil gave him a headstart on YT), but ALSO from the desire to keep genuine scrutiny away from their irl relationship (however defined). So in the past we have all the stilted, awkward interactions, anvilicious comments intended to shut down perceptions they didn't want people to have... just clumsiness and plain old defensiveness.

But then came the gaming channel, leading to... the book! The tour! Reasons, airtight professional reasons to be together all the time, no need to qualify anything with 'this is my flatmate and he's here because X or Y'. Instead, 'this is my co-host on this channel, this is my co-author of this thing I love, we're doing a stage show to build on our existing joint work together'. Nice and clear reasons to explain, without really having to explain, why they're together 24/7. And there had to have been relief in that, it was an excuse to talk more openly about doing E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. together, bc work. We didn't even have that much of an idea before this year just how involved they are in each other's videos (meaning non-joint-spon, non-gaming, just their individual videos. They're all up in there at all times), the surprises of 'oh he helped film? oh he suggested that? etc' because they started opening up more about those details. Because whatever, it's work. And they could finally talk about it and finally give less fucks because they wrote a damn book together, they're doing a stage show together, who cares if they're editing the other's YT videos on top of everything else? They went next level and the book/tour allowed them to do that. They're disgustingly happy together and the book/tour allowed them to show it in all its hideous beauty. They're having fun with work!

They could feel free to post cute pics under the cover of book/tour hype/promo. Things they maybe could have been doing all along if they weren't so protective of their private lives and so worried about people taking little fun moments and linking them to 'phan', getting too real, crossing lines, all of that. Now OBV people still make those links, they literally cannot be stopped, but at least from an outside and more objective view, they're just 2 dudes promoting their joint content, nothing to see here, keep walking. And that there's the thing, that's why people just tossing around 'fanservice' (and in most cases not even as criticism, I know) gets to me so often; because from my perspective (and only mine yeah I need to chill out sometimes when other people differ I KNOW) it's a service to themselves (lol).

So TO ME it feels shitty to see two people being more comfortable with themselves and with each other, being more open, less guarded, less careful at all times, less afraid even, and just reduce it to 'playing up to what the viewers want'. Especially looking back at everything leading up to this point in 2016- their early defensiveness (mostly Dan's) and pushing back at just giving into viewer demands and all the resentment there and then. Being happy and playful and sure, domestic, with each other now as fanservice, and not because that's what comes naturally to them and they don't care to hide it anymore, doesn't really work for me.

Fanservice is Dan "giving in" to viewer demand and playing Undertale on the gaming channel. And he's complained about it, and made guilt-mongering remarks about it: he wanted to play it on his own to properly appreciate the story, but you damn viewers wouldn't shut up, so fine, he's playing it and selling his integrity blah blah blah. 'Fanservice Dan' is a whiny brat (still love him but. come. on.). How he acts with Phil is not a surrender to demanding viewers; they didn't get worn down over the years to the point of giving in. They've just eased into being more public with what they already were and are in private: a unit. The fact that fans like it isn't why they're doing it (which is not to say they're not aware that fans like it, they're not idiots), they're doing it because they like it. They show each other off and talk each other up, sometimes so much it's like they're making up for lost time.

There's still that one area that seems mostly off-limits though: physical intimacy. Man, was I looking for a hug in DAPGO like it was a drop of water in the desert. Anything. We got Phil's fingers in Dan's mouth, sure. Them sitting on top of each other all over the world because they don't understand the concept of personal space. But no hugs, not even a lazy arm resting over a shoulder. If irl they give each other those sad and limp M&G hugs, it would be the ultimate cosmic joke. We just really don't know.

Public Touching (yes, there's an L in there pervs): that's still a bridge too far for them 97% of the time. So the rare instances stand out, like the joyful attack in Impossible Quiz 2. Noted, adored by all. Then it pops up in the preview screen for their next gaming video and from the darkness comes the unholy shrieking of "Fanservice!11". I imagine Dan and Phil shrugging at each other, "I just thought it was cute," in response. What kind of shit like that have they just gotten used to cutting out of videos, how practiced have they become over the years in physically restraining themselves and backing off what their instincts are itching for them to do? Always overly aware of the eyes on the other side of the camera and never fully at ease with them:

Now they let the odd one slip by, happily. They're each other's biggest fans and it's never been more apparent than this last year. Ummm which I guess brings me to the end of this rant review.

tldr: I loved DAPGO. Did you read this whole thing? Sort your life out.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
DryCereal
koi pond

DAPGO and DAPGOOSE both made me irrationally happy and fuzzy and all the good stuff. I think you can just apply 99.9% of what fancybum said to me as well. Bit gutted I couldn't be there in perso, neither can I go to TATINOF EU, Unfortunately just don't have the confidence it would go well... Ah well.
Long may the happy last!

Would not be surprised either way if Dan is or isn't in FL too. Edited DAPGOOSE on the plane, wasn't heard from yesterday until after Phil tweeted, was he? ;)

alittledizzy wrote:smh at all of you not voting for 'a hot sexual mess' - I mean, that one would actually describe at least half the thread.
I s2g... turn my back for one fucking thread...

Half the bloody forum tbh. :gg:

Judging you all.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Reizam
butt chair

fancybum wrote:Ok so I just finished DAPGO and this is going to be... a lot. These are just some gross thoughts I've been having for a while now that basically exploded after getting through the book.
Dan and Phil. They're. So. Happy. And they love tabinof so much, they loved tatinof so much, proud af, time of their lives, yada yada. And IMO (nonbelievers run away now, shoo), one gigantic part of why they loved it all so much is that it gave them an 'excuse' if you will to be glued to each other at all times and not feel any need to hide it. No need to explain it. Joining together to work on something that involves them both and that for two years would basically take over their lives is self-explanatory for joint travel, constant collaboration, etc. Living in each other's pockets to an extent we had never before seen, only because, leading up to that point, they felt the need to downplay it even though it has always been the case. Or attempt to downplay it. All that time spent insisting they're not a double act, they're not joined at the hip. But IMO that unease with being lumped together came not only from the (perfectly understandable at that time/any time) desire to establish their own individual identities on their separate channels (for Dan especially to feel like he earned his stripes on his own, not just because Phil gave him a headstart on YT), but ALSO from the desire to keep genuine scrutiny away from their irl relationship (however defined). So in the past we have all the stilted, awkward interactions, anvilicious comments intended to shut down perceptions they didn't want people to have... just clumsiness and plain old defensiveness.

But then came the gaming channel, leading to... the book! The tour! Reasons, airtight professional reasons to be together all the time, no need to qualify anything with 'this is my flatmate and he's here because X or Y'. Instead, 'this is my co-host on this channel, this is my co-author of this thing I love, we're doing a stage show to build on our existing joint work together'. Nice and clear reasons to explain, without really having to explain, why they're together 24/7. And there had to have been relief in that, it was an excuse to talk more openly about doing E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. together, bc work. We didn't even have that much of an idea before this year just how involved they are in each other's videos (meaning non-joint-spon, non-gaming, just their individual videos. They're all up in there at all times), the surprises of 'oh he helped film? oh he suggested that? etc' because they started opening up more about those details. Because whatever, it's work. And they could finally talk about it and finally give less fucks because they wrote a damn book together, they're doing a stage show together, who cares if they're editing the other's YT videos on top of everything else? They went next level and the book/tour allowed them to do that. They're disgustingly happy together and the book/tour allowed them to show it in all its hideous beauty. They're having fun with work!

They could feel free to post cute pics under the cover of book/tour hype/promo. Things they maybe could have been doing all along if they weren't so protective of their private lives and so worried about people taking little fun moments and linking them to 'phan', getting too real, crossing lines, all of that. Now OBV people still make those links, they literally cannot be stopped, but at least from an outside and more objective view, they're just 2 dudes promoting their joint content, nothing to see here, keep walking. And that there's the thing, that's why people just tossing around 'fanservice' (and in most cases not even as criticism, I know) gets to me so often; because from my perspective (and only mine yeah I need to chill out sometimes when other people differ I KNOW) it's a service to themselves (lol).

So TO ME it feels shitty to see two people being more comfortable with themselves and with each other, being more open, less guarded, less careful at all times, less afraid even, and just reduce it to 'playing up to what the viewers want'. Especially looking back at everything leading up to this point in 2016- their early defensiveness (mostly Dan's) and pushing back at just giving into viewer demands and all the resentment there and then. Being happy and playful and sure, domestic, with each other now as fanservice, and not because that's what comes naturally to them and they don't care to hide it anymore, doesn't really work for me.

Fanservice is Dan "giving in" to viewer demand and playing Undertale on the gaming channel. And he's complained about it, and made guilt-mongering remarks about it: he wanted to play it on his own to properly appreciate the story, but you damn viewers wouldn't shut up, so fine, he's playing it and selling his integrity blah blah blah. 'Fanservice Dan' is a whiny brat (still love him but. come. on.). How he acts with Phil is not a surrender to demanding viewers; they didn't get worn down over the years to the point of giving in. They've just eased into being more public with what they already were and are in private: a unit. The fact that fans like it isn't why they're doing it (which is not to say they're not aware that fans like it, they're not idiots), they're doing it because they like it. They show each other off and talk each other up, sometimes so much it's like they're making up for lost time.

There's still that one area that seems mostly off-limits though: physical intimacy. Man, was I looking for a hug in DAPGO like it was a drop of water in the desert. Anything. We got Phil's fingers in Dan's mouth, sure. Them sitting on top of each other all over the world because they don't understand the concept of personal space. But no hugs, not even a lazy arm resting over a shoulder. If irl they give each other those sad and limp M&G hugs, it would be the ultimate cosmic joke. We just really don't know.

Public Touching (yes, there's an L in there pervs): that's still a bridge too far for them 97% of the time. So the rare instances stand out, like the joyful attack in Impossible Quiz 2. Noted, adored by all. Then it pops up in the preview screen for their next gaming video and from the darkness comes the unholy shrieking of "Fanservice!11". I imagine Dan and Phil shrugging at each other, "I just thought it was cute," in response. What kind of shit like that have they just gotten used to cutting out of videos, how practiced have they become over the years in physically restraining themselves and backing off what their instincts are itching for them to do? Always overly aware of the eyes on the other side of the camera and never fully at ease with them:

Now they let the odd one slip by, happily. They're each other's biggest fans and it's never been more apparent than this last year. Ummm which I guess brings me to the end of this rant review.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I actually feel like they are being more real than ever. Before this recent shift, they seemed to strain to hold themselves back and it never seemed natural to me. What we're seeing now is more of the interactions that would happen behind closed doors, which to me looks more effortless, comfortable, and overall happy.

Moderator Action: Fixed the formatting -human.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Definitely not cool. The first time I saw one of these (one of the small ones that people made long the highways etc) I was confused, but I didn't think it was a pile of rocks? Like how can you not at least check for a second if it has more meaning, and especially with the US/Canada and its difficult history with indigenous people, SOMEONE could've checked.

I think it's important to point something like that out. Not to call them out or to shame them because I am sure they didn't intend to cause any harm, but these are the things that need to be addressed to educate people.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

I agree with everything fancybum said. I'm just so fucking happy the boys are more comfortable with each other and themselves, that they are happy and successful. Idc if I'm extra trashy, it's late where I am, and I'm proud.
Phil Lester is a genius
gnostic
stress mushroom

"Underworked lawyers" in America OMG hahaha sorry this has nothing to do with DAPGO but it is hilarious

America has some of the most ridiculously restrictive advertising / publishung law and business custom. Remember all these anime dubs with cigarettes replaced with lollypop etc? And risk of liability is very real, because America is also a ridiculously puritan country, with various protest happy / occasionally also claim happy church groups, suburban parenrs associations etc and judges that pander to them

In short, I don't like this but I don't blame the publishers
Just here for the marketing skills
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Lovely post, fancybum. That's a lovely take on it all and not something that would have occurred to me.

Flicking through the book at Dapgoose, my heart melted at the photo of Phil with his mum in Florida, even though they're making "serious faces" it just switched my usual thing of often thinking about either of Deps and then "please universe send me my own man soon" to "I want a son someday". Not the first time tbh, but the vibes are strong in photos like that one. Them both making the same face again in the "are we related?" one later on is similar, whether they actually have a stronger bond than Phil has with anyone else in his family or if it helps that they look so alike, I don't know, but

Loved the live event video last night, ended too soon as it did live, it was so good to see them and hear all those stories. Swinging between which one I find more attractive, Dan looks so huggable with the extra size he has on Phil, the book shows it more with different camera angles. As it was, when they came onstage the other night I was surprised by how tall Phil is.

It's a shame about those comments on that landmark in Canada, you'd think they'd give it more thought and Google it, being these role-models for open-mindedness at the cutting edge of the internet and all :facepalm: Come on, boys.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fancybum wrote:Ok so I just finished DAPGO and this is going to be... a lot. These are just some gross thoughts I've been having for a while now that basically exploded after getting through the book.

This was a great read and something I totally agree with.
flurry
living flop

Thanks for the reply on the previous thread about liveshow times! If Phil is on at 3am for me, I guess I won't stay up then.

DAPGOOSE thoughts: nice references to the baking video! I like how they probably saw the explosive reactions to that video and they're still processing what has been said, I think! I also liked the shots of confused fathers in the audience - I'm not sure how appropriate Dan and Phil seem to their kids, but then again the event was not very informal or extremely innuendo-laden.
Also, I felt that D&P are actually pretty good entertainers - I really enjoyed that hour-long video of banter, but then again I'm someone who likes to have talking audio in the background while I do work. "Why is the cover so ugly" was a great question - it made me laugh. The spa story is hilarious - Dan honestly has so much material to make videos from. I miss Reasons why Dan's a fail. Another thing I noticed is that Phil's microphone hand shakes quite a lot though, wonder if he's nervous? All in all, I thought it was a great video!

Fanservice: I saw the post by fancybum on this and I have to say I quite agree! It's hard for them because people always interpret what they do and I also feel that it's part of the audience's defense mechanism in a way? We as viewers are afraid that we don't see the "real" Dan and Phil so we keep trying to distinguish between what is natural behaviour and what is fanservice. Honestly I really enjoyed the baking video - I thought it was cute and funny and more grown-up in terms of humour (maybe the rebranding?) but there were lots of comments here on fanservice and QB. I get that it is confusing though - especially when Dan looks right at the camera and says things like "this is what they've subscribed for" or "give the people what they want". But then again, I actually like those moments that kind of break the fourth wall in a sense and show ironic self-awareness? Like he has spent time looking at comments etc. and he acknowledges that he knows what viewers have been saying. So yeah it is a complex issue - I'm not sure to what extent their videos/interactions are fanservice, but I personally feel that it's a lot less than people think it is.

DAPGO Oh wow the book really isn't what I expected :? I thought it would be more arty photos with them in it rather than a lot of selfies and photos of fans' crafts. Um I guess I won't be buying it in hardcopy since my shelves are already so full, but it's cute anyway for them! I like that they feel comfortable releasing some photos that are surely quite personal!

Also wow they seem like really nice people to meet IRL haha I wish I could meet them but I'm like more than 12 hours away by plane :(

Just my thoughts!
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

incredible post fancybum i couldn't agree more. i am glowing.
bantstrash
delia smith

Re the Canadian monument. Well they weren't wrong, it is like a canadian stonehenge. Stonehenge was/is a religious monument. It probably wasn't very respectful to say in the book it was creepy af but lots of religious monuments are creepy so I can understand them thinking it.
human
dan hand trash

bantstrash wrote:Re the Canadian monument. Well they weren't wrong, it is like a canadian stonehenge. Stonehenge was/is a religious monument. It probably wasn't very respectful to say in the book it was creepy af but lots of religious monuments are creepy so I can understand them thinking it.
Yeah, I don't think it's a huge deal either. There are lots of meaningful monuments in London and it doesn't bother me if people who don't know what they are make jokes about how they look. It's not like these people know the meaning behind the monument and are then still making the jokes about it; that would be pretty bad but not this imo.

Lol loving the thread title and the gifs! Good choice, I completely missed the poll haha fail.

Guessing there will be no Phil liveshow tomorrow then, boo. I believe Dan is in London, wonder if he's editing some of the Undertale week maybe? I don't know, I'm curious. I'd enjoy the idea that maybe by this point because they've been in exclusive company of eachother for god knows how many months, they're just sick of the sight of eachother hahaha #phandivorced.

Actually I remember drunkenly musing with one of the girls at #dapgoose how it would be hilarious if Dan and Phil were secretly earning a salary to work together everyday and don't even like eachother and their entire universe is the product of a Truman show style reality TV situation. Yes, wine makes me very deep apparently.
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

As a Canadian, I was disappointed about the caption to the photo. With Inuit and Native issues here, it could really offend some people.

As for the rest of DAPGO - Still salty over how the publishers changed things. Otherwise, I enjoyed the photos, especially the Florida set.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!